Page 7 of 10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:11 pm
by Nordling
Are they going to get Temuera Morrison for the voice?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:12 pm
by Fievel
Casting is unkown. IGN speculated that perhaps both Daniel Logan AND Morrison could be approached to play Boba Fett at various points in the 20 years between Episodes 3 & 4.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:25 pm
by MasterWhedon
Fievel wrote:Need a Thread Title Change...

Now With 100% more Boba Fett!!!!!

Nice! I just hope they don't try to sanitize him to make him a more family-friendly "hero" for network TV.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:36 pm
by Fievel
MasterWhedon wrote:
Fievel wrote:Need a Thread Title Change...

Now With 100% more Boba Fett!!!!!

Nice! I just hope they don't try to sanitize him to make him a more family-friendly "hero" for network TV.


He'll have a unique and wacky entrance every time he's introduced each episode just like Kramer from Seinfeld.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:44 pm
by King Psyz
jetpacks ahoy!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:50 pm
by Lord Voldemoo
MasterWhedon wrote:
Fievel wrote:Need a Thread Title Change...

Now With 100% more Boba Fett!!!!!

Nice! I just hope they don't try to sanitize him to make him a more family-friendly "hero" for network TV.


The word I keep hearing in connection with this series is "darker", so hopefully we'll be ok. It's Lucasfilm, though, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. I don't see them making him into the true family-friendly hero of the piece, but I could totally see them trying to make him into a sympathetic, brooding "anti-hero" type...which could really suck. I like him better as just a pure bad-ass.

Only time will tell.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:53 pm
by Fievel
Lord Voldemoo wrote:
MasterWhedon wrote:
Fievel wrote:Need a Thread Title Change...

Now With 100% more Boba Fett!!!!!

Nice! I just hope they don't try to sanitize him to make him a more family-friendly "hero" for network TV.


The word I keep hearing in connection with this series is "darker", so hopefully we'll be ok. It's Lucasfilm, though, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. I don't see them making him into the true family-friendly hero of the piece, but I could totally see them trying to make him into a sympathetic, brooding "anti-hero" type...which could really suck. I like him better as just a pure bad-ass.

Only time will tell.


Maybe Boba Fett will be a Death Stick addict. All strung out.... willing to kill anyone for a fix.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:53 pm
by Fawst
Great, we're gonna have a show about a Bounty Hunter with Daddy issues.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:53 pm
by MasterWhedon
It would be kinda cool if he was the nemesis of the show. Our heroes could be traditional Skywalker types who ran up against the Empire and are now on the run, and Fett is one of the guys on their tail. I'd be happy with that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:55 pm
by Lord Voldemoo
MasterWhedon wrote:It would be kinda cool if he was the nemesis of the show. Our heroes could be traditional Skywalker types who ran up against the Empire and are now on the run, and Fett is one of the guys on their tail. I'd be happy with that.


THAT'S what i want this to be.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:57 pm
by Fievel
You guys just turned the show into The A-Team In Space with Boba Fett taking the Colonel Decker role.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:59 pm
by King Psyz
hahhahaha.... oh god.... :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:59 pm
by MasterWhedon
Fievel wrote:You guys just turned the show into The A-Team In Space with Boba Fett taking the Colonel Decker role.

Mr. T = Wookie?

It could happen...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:13 pm
by Lord Voldemoo
MasterWhedon wrote:
Fievel wrote:You guys just turned the show into The A-Team In Space with Boba Fett taking the Colonel Decker role.

Mr. T = Wookie?

It could happen...


THAT'S what I want this to be.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:18 pm
by papalazeru
Lord Voldemoo wrote:
MasterWhedon wrote:
Fievel wrote:You guys just turned the show into The A-Team In Space with Boba Fett taking the Colonel Decker role.

Mr. T = Wookie?

It could happen...


THAT'S what I want this to be.


I ain't gettin' on no Millenium Falcon. [grimace and throws a Snickers at the person (English joke)]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:18 pm
by Worst Part's Almost Over
Deadwood meets Star Wars? Boba Fett being the badass, constantly swearing drunk?

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:18 pm
by Worst Part's Almost Over
papalazeru wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:
MasterWhedon wrote:
Fievel wrote:You guys just turned the show into The A-Team In Space with Boba Fett taking the Colonel Decker role.

Mr. T = Wookie?

It could happen...


THAT'S what I want this to be.


I ain't gettin' on no Millenium Falcon. [grimace and throws a Snickers at the person (English joke)]


I laughed sir :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:19 pm
by Lord Voldemoo
Worst Part's Almost Over wrote:Deadwood meets Star Wars? Boba Fett being the badass, constantly swearing drunk?

:lol:


THAT'S what I want this to be.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:38 pm
by bluebottle
it's more likely to be rome than deadwood.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:42 pm
by Fawst
Whatever you want this to be, George Lucas knows that you're wrong.

True story.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:49 am
by RogueScribner
Lord Voldemoo wrote:
MasterWhedon wrote:
Fievel wrote:Need a Thread Title Change...

Now With 100% more Boba Fett!!!!!

Nice! I just hope they don't try to sanitize him to make him a more family-friendly "hero" for network TV.


The word I keep hearing in connection with this series is "darker", so hopefully we'll be ok. It's Lucasfilm, though, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. I don't see them making him into the true family-friendly hero of the piece, but I could totally see them trying to make him into a sympathetic, brooding "anti-hero" type...which could really suck. I like him better as just a pure bad-ass.

Only time will tell.



When was he ever a badass?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:52 am
by Leckomaniac
RogueScribner wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:
MasterWhedon wrote:
Fievel wrote:Need a Thread Title Change...

Now With 100% more Boba Fett!!!!!

Nice! I just hope they don't try to sanitize him to make him a more family-friendly "hero" for network TV.


The word I keep hearing in connection with this series is "darker", so hopefully we'll be ok. It's Lucasfilm, though, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. I don't see them making him into the true family-friendly hero of the piece, but I could totally see them trying to make him into a sympathetic, brooding "anti-hero" type...which could really suck. I like him better as just a pure bad-ass.

Only time will tell.



When was he ever a badass?


He was really stoic when he was being eaten by the Sarlacc...


...a real bad ass death, ya know...


...oh wait...no he wasn't.


I'm stumped.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:25 am
by RogueScribner
Boba Fett is the Fonzie of the Star Wars universe.



Highly overrated.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:29 am
by Chairman Kaga
RogueScribner wrote:Boba Fett is the Fonzie of the Star Wars universe.



Highly overrated.

Fonzie did waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more in his espective fictional universe than Boba ever did. Though I agree they are highly over rated. Fans have projected inane levels of "badass" on Boba for mostly standing around next to Vader.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:34 am
by Leckomaniac
Chairman Kaga wrote:
RogueScribner wrote:Boba Fett is the Fonzie of the Star Wars universe.



Highly overrated.

Fonzie did waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more in his espective fictional universe than Boba ever did. Though I agree they are highly over rated. Fans have projected inane levels of "badass" on Boba for mostly standing around next to Vader.


Yeah. He was anointed as a "bad ass" merely because of the look of his armor and the design of his ship. Never his actions. All the guy did was die.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:05 am
by Lord Voldemoo
he figured out that he should float in the star destroyer junk pile!

that's kinda....uhhhh....


He should BE a badass though. Sure it's fanboy hype but that's his persona. I like MW's theory, the relentless bounty hunter in the background tracking whomever the protagonists are. The show could do a lot to finally establish the badass rep he's always unjustly had.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:39 am
by Spifftacular SquirrelGirl
I'm sure we're going to have to see Boba Fett kick some jedi arse after Samuel L. Jackson lopped off daddy's head. George made it a point to focus on him looking kinda.. constipated... but I'm sure it was supposed to be anger.

There shall be vaporizing. Just wait and see. :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:04 am
by Chairman Kaga
Lord Voldemoo wrote:He should BE a badass though. Sure it's fanboy hype but that's his persona. I like MW's theory, the relentless bounty hunter in the background tracking whomever the protagonists are. The show could do a lot to finally establish the badass rep he's always unjustly had.

I totally agree. After doing essentially nothing in the films and cartoons his badassery needs to be developed and this show is the perfect opportunity to do so.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:10 am
by Lord Voldemoo
Chairman Kaga wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:He should BE a badass though. Sure it's fanboy hype but that's his persona. I like MW's theory, the relentless bounty hunter in the background tracking whomever the protagonists are. The show could do a lot to finally establish the badass rep he's always unjustly had.

I totally agree. After doing essentially nothing in the films and cartoons his badassery needs to be developed and this show is the perfect opportunity to do so.


Yup, and I think they will. After the fair amount of time spent on establishing Jango/Boba in the prequels, the Lucasfilm folks (if not George himself) must cringe a little when they see his cheesy death in ROTJ. Here's their chance to make amends.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:05 pm
by MasterWhedon
RogueScribner wrote:When was he ever a badass?

Since the moment in Empire when Vader goes up to Fett and says, "We want him alive. No disintegrations!" As in, "Get the itch out of your trigger-finger, you crazy motherfucker. I've heard about your rep--your rep in particular. You caught him 'cause you're the best, but we f-ing want him ALIVE."

Sure, he goes out like a chump, but they did a nice job of building him up as a serious threat in Empire.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:14 pm
by Fawst
Yah, the only reason that Boba Fett is considered to NOT be a badass is because of the fact that he died by getting hit with a staff by blind Han Solo.

Weakest.Writing.Evar.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:25 pm
by instant_karma
Of course Boba was a bad ass. Did nobody see him talking to the frozen Han in that Robot Chicken episode?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:26 pm
by Chilli
Fawst wrote:Yah, the only reason that Boba Fett is considered to NOT be a badass is because of the fact that he died by getting hit with a staff by blind Han Solo.

Weakest.Writing.Evar.


No, he died when he was eaten by a large fucking Alien. Come on people, we have to respect what actually happened even if George doesn't.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:41 pm
by RogueScribner
Still, a blind and confused Han Solo knocked Fett's rocket pack, sending him careening down into the Sarlacc pit where he was eaten and apparently gave the Sarlacc gas.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:44 pm
by so sorry
RogueScribner wrote:Still, a blind and confused Han Solo knocked Fett's rocket pack, sending him careening down into the Sarlacc pit where he was eaten and apparently gave the Sarlacc gas.


Yet another example of why the kid in me thinks SW were the best movies ever, but the adult in me realizes they are prety much weak-sauce on most levels.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:54 pm
by Chilli
Well, if you think of it like that...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:56 pm
by Chairman Kaga
Fawst wrote:Yah, the only reason that Boba Fett is considered to NOT be a badass is because of the fact that he died by getting hit with a staff by blind Han Solo

No it's because he does nothing in the movies. He stands around looking at stuff, doesn't shoot at anyone and half assedly flies to his death.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:25 pm
by buster00
Boba Fett was considered a bad-ass because:

1. His action figure was mail-order exclusive, and therefore coveted by all the kids in the neighborhood.

2. Said action figure had a working rocket launcher.

It was always about the toy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:35 pm
by Ribbons
Fievel wrote:Maybe Boba Fett will be a Death Stick addict.


Heh, I almost missed that one. Death Sticks-five!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:45 pm
by DinoDeLaurentiis
RogueScribner wrote:When was he ever a badass?


Alla this, she has a happened before... alla this she will a happen again...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:12 pm
by RogueScribner
buster00 wrote:Boba Fett was considered a bad-ass because:

1. His action figure was mail-order exclusive, and therefore coveted by all the kids in the neighborhood.

2. Said action figure had a working rocket launcher.

It was always about the toy.



That's probably the truest reason yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:22 pm
by Fawst
Dude had fuckin Wookie-fur braids on his armor as a trophy... wanna tell me he wasn't a badass? Wookies ain't Ewoks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:58 pm
by Worst Part's Almost Over
The series has to be the perfect opportunity to show Fett as this bad ass of legend, the guy who takes out Wookies and keeps their braids on his person, the guy who disintegrates anybody he doesn't consider worth his effort catching alive. They've got to finally deliver the goods where Fett is concerned.

Also, if you've read any of the EU books, Fett didn't die in the Sarlacc's stomach. Funny story, actually...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:58 pm
by papalazeru
Fawst wrote:Dude had fuckin Wookie-fur braids on his armor as a trophy... wanna tell me he wasn't a badass? Wookies ain't Ewoks.


Could have been Ewok BlueBittles.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:01 pm
by Worst Part's Almost Over
papalazeru wrote:
Fawst wrote:Dude had fuckin Wookie-fur braids on his armor as a trophy... wanna tell me he wasn't a badass? Wookies ain't Ewoks.


Could have been Ewok BlueBittles.


Maybe it was Wookie Nuts :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:27 pm
by monorail77
Lord Voldemoo wrote:he figured out that he should float in the star destroyer junk pile!

that's kinda....uhhhh....


He should BE a badass though. Sure it's fanboy hype but that's his persona. I like MW's theory, the relentless bounty hunter in the background tracking whomever the protagonists are. The show could do a lot to finally establish the badass rep he's always unjustly had.


Its The Fugitive, in spaaaaace. Ha! where's David Janssen?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:32 pm
by monorail77
so sorry wrote:
RogueScribner wrote:Still, a blind and confused Han Solo knocked Fett's rocket pack, sending him careening down into the Sarlacc pit where he was eaten and apparently gave the Sarlacc gas.


Yet another example of why the kid in me thinks SW were the best movies ever, but the adult in me realizes they are prety much weak-sauce on most levels.


Well, the kid in me likes the frosted side

And the adult in me ... wait for it ... wants really bad for me to let him out to see his family one last time

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:36 am
by Fawst
Moriarty has a story on the main site cryptically telling us to go read THIS story regarding rumors that Steve “Frosty Skywalkerâ€

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:53 am
by Nordling
I don't think it's the Hutts.

I think it's the Solos. That's a guess.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:59 am
by magicmonkey
I hope they El Topo this out of the park.

What? I can dream...