Parks & Recreation

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Parks & Recreation

Postby Droncz92 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:49 pm

Well I know its not really a spinoff I guess, but I havent heard anything about this in a while, any news?
Droncz92
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Seppuku on Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:52 pm

I heard they're calling it: The Little Spot in Front of the Water Cooler. There's also gonna be another spin-off based around the adventures in front of the Laser Scanner.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Droncz92 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:57 pm

Seppuku wrote:I heard they're calling it: The Little Spot in Front of the Water Cooler. There's also gonna be another spin-off based around the adventures in front of the Laser Scanner.

I know your trying to be funny, but really thats kind of dumb.
Droncz92
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:00 pm

I believe some of the water cooler bit is actually factual...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby so sorry on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:08 pm

I heard they're bringing back this guy

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Ribbons on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:31 pm

As a matter of fact, they already filmed it... and here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuOYPdh6c6Q
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:34 pm

Droncz92 wrote:
Seppuku wrote:I heard they're calling it: The Little Spot in Front of the Water Cooler. There's also gonna be another spin-off based around the adventures in front of the Laser Scanner.

I know your trying to be funny, but really thats kind of dumb.

Not dumb... just more British humour like...

The two are often confused...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Re: Office Spin-off Show?

Postby Ribbons on Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:56 pm

Droncz92 wrote:Well I know its not really a spinoff I guess, but I havent heard anything about this in a while, any news?

I guess this is what our old pal Droncz was talking about: Greg Daniels has a new, Office-like show with Amy Poehler called "Parks & Recreation"

Herc seems to like it in any case: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40713
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Re: Office Spin-off Show?

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:48 pm

Ribbons wrote:
Droncz92 wrote:Well I know its not really a spinoff I guess, but I havent heard anything about this in a while, any news?

I guess this is what our old pal Droncz was talking about: Greg Daniels has a new Office-like show with Amy Poehler called "Parks & Recreation"

Herc seems to like it in any case: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40713

it stars a former SNL cast member, so he's contractually obligated to like it.

i'm gonna record and eventually watch the pilot. mainly just because it has rashida jones.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Re: "Parks and Recreation": Office (Not-)Spin-off Show?

Postby Ribbons on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:32 pm

It's weird; looking at Rashida Jones's IMDb, she's been in a lot of comedy stuff, actually maybe even mostly comedy, but for some reason I don't really consider her a 'comedic actress.' To be fair I haven't seen much of "The Office," although I did see I Love You Man.

Anyway, did anyone besides for Herc see this last week? If so, how was it?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby tapehead on Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:13 am

I did - it was good, although very much in the mode of 'faux-documentary' that the US Office has brought to mainstream American tv - Amy Poehler really seems to be crafting a character rather than pulling SNL style Shtick, Rashida Jones is such a likeable on-screen presence, and I've liked Aziz Ansari in everything I've seen him turn up in since Human Giant - I'm going to watch more.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby TonyWilson on Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:35 am

Aziz Ansari attmepting to chat up Rashilda Jones was the funniest moment of the pilot but everything else was pretty good too. It's like a sitcom Ikiru, sorta. I was a little worried there was going to be a bit too much of an anti-government undercurrent but that was magnificently avoided thanks to the boss character who is basically a moronic Ayn Rand worshipping nutcase, comedy gold.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Ribbons on Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:19 am

Yeah, Aziz is a pretty funny dude; he has a great supporting role in Observe and Report as well and a couple of his lines may have gotten the most laughs in the theater
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Ribbons on Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:38 pm

So I watched this for the first time last night because I heard Louis CK was going to be on. It's not bad, but I'm not sure I'm feeling the faux-documentary style for this particular project. The interviews are funny, but a lot of times it doesn't seem to really make sense... there are cameras in places and situations where there probably wouldn't be. But Amy Poehler and Aziz Ansari make a funny duo, so hopefully with time this show will find its own voice.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Re: Parks & Recreation

Postby Ribbons on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:45 am

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Ribbons on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:30 am

Alright, as weirded out as I have been at the people calling this the funniest show on television, I have to say last night's episode (where Will Forte locks himself inside the office) was pretty hilarious.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:00 pm

i'm kinda shocked that this hasn't been posted about since 2011. I'm following my usual pattern of falling in like with a show just as it's about to end, but the current season is pretty damned funny so far.

I don't agree with those who think that this show is the second coming. Like The Office and Modern Family, the characters are all archetypes that eventually become repetitive. At best they are parodies of themselves. At worst they are tiresome and annoying. Regardless it has all been done before. But the jump forward in time has refreshed Parks just enough to give some fresh life to how the characters relate to each other. And the show/actors have plenty of charisma to last out one more fun season. Insert some cameos and the return of many Simpsons-esque recurring Pawnee side characters, and I've enjoyed the season so far. The Gryzzl storyline has been particularly enjoyable for me. I literally live surrounded by Amazon, Google and Facebook employees, and their characterization in Parks through Gryzzl is disturbingly spot on.

Nice to see the show going out on a high note.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Peven on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:52 am

i like this show but haven't watched it the last year or so because it did seem as if things were getting repetitive. i guess the last season they changed things up with a time jump? guess I will have to check it out

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:52 am

It's pretty much the same as it's been the last few years, but slightly better, more energized. I enjoy the show but I'm glad it's ending.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Return to Coaxial