Hung

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Hung

Postby Fievel on Thu May 28, 2009 7:59 pm

Stars Thomas Jane as (according to Wikipedia)
Ray Drecker, a well-endowed struggling high school basketball coach who figures out a way to use his best asset.

Debuts on June 28 @ 10pm.

TRAILER

Please cable gods.... PLEASE let this be the shot in the arm that I believe HBO needs, because that trailer looks like it could be a sweet show.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Re: Hung (new HBO series)

Postby papalazeru on Thu May 28, 2009 8:09 pm

Wow!

If Christopher Lambert can invest all that time in learning English properly, then I can watch this series.

Looks like fun. And as for HBO needing a shot in the arm, True blood rawks.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby minstrel on Thu May 28, 2009 8:35 pm

I thought, when I saw the thread title, that this would be a biography of American Idol contestant William Hung!

Now I'm disappointed ....
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby DanielSan on Fri May 29, 2009 4:22 pm

papalazeru wrote:Wow!

If Christopher Lambert can invest all that time in learning English properly, then I can watch this series.

Wow, he DOES look like Christopher Lambert. Ain't him, though.

When I first heard about this, I thought it was going to be a drama! Love that it's a comedy, though.
DanielSan
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby papalazeru on Fri May 29, 2009 7:44 pm

DanielSan wrote:
papalazeru wrote:Wow!

Wow, he DOES look like Christopher Lambert. Ain't him, though.

When I first heard about this, I thought it was going to be a drama! Love that it's a comedy, though.

If it's a comedy in the sense that Breaking Bad is a comedy (and it is if you play the whole thing back in your head) then I'm up for this.

As for it not being Lambert....Goddammit, you kids growing up with Duncan McCloud....You realise that when the quickening takes place, Connor reverts to his younger self no?

*grumble* no0bz*grumble*

;)

papalazeru

Postby Fievel on Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:49 pm

Any show that starts its very first episode by showing the destruction of Tiger Stadium has my interest.
I dug the first episode. A lot.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:30 am

Does Anne Heche play Thomas Jane's endowment? (with the help of CGI, of course)
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:28 am

It was his son or his wife in the hotel room right?

I thought it was a really good exposition. Made me laugh, understood the character. Good first pilot.

papalazeru

Postby Fievel on Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:46 am

Fried Gold wrote:Does Anne Heche play Thomas Jane's endowment? (with the help of CGI, of course)

She looks really odd in this. Maybe I just haven't seen her any anything in years, but she looks different. Just older? I don't know.

papalazeru wrote:It was his son or his wife in the hotel room right?

:shock:
I hadn't even thought of that.
I just went along went along with the thought that they were looking for more of a fat guy since his ad was for "Big Donny".
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby papalazeru on Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:10 pm

Fievel wrote: :shock:
I hadn't even thought of that.
I just went along went along with the thought that they were looking for more of a fat guy since his ad was for "Big Donny".

It's when he tried to give his son the 50 dollars that tipped me off. I could be wrong but I think it's the son.
My other theory was that it was the wife because she's actually really unhappy in her relationship.

Jsut shooting the breeze though, lets find out next week.
Last edited by papalazeru on Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

papalazeru

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:40 pm

I doubt it was the son because most kids can't afford a fancy hotel room for tricks. If it was the wife, wouldn't he maybe recognize her handwriting? Or maybe that will come later. Would be an interesting twist... especially since I can't see them casting Heche just to be a bitter ex.

I liked the show over all... glad it will only be :30 minutes here on out though.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:00 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:I doubt it was the son because most kids can't afford a fancy hotel room for tricks. If it was the wife, wouldn't he maybe recognize her handwriting? Or maybe that will come later. Would be an interesting twist... especially since I can't see them casting Heche just to be a bitter ex.

I liked the show over all... glad it will only be :30 minutes here on out though.

Yeah it was decent enough pilot and love the typical alexander payne tone of it but it was too long.

The show was downright fn depressing at times no?
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby papalazeru on Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:57 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:I doubt it was the son because most kids can't afford a fancy hotel room for tricks.

They can if they have a mother who has a rich new husband. Rememeber, the mother is quite materialistic and because she doens't have the kids she could have been buying them off.

stereosforgeeks wrote: Yeah it was decent enough pilot and love the typical alexander payne tone of it but it was too long.

The show was downright fn depressing at times no?

I'm really glad people are liking it, I think this is going to turn out to be a surprise ratings winner. It's got the possibility of being dark, not Breaking Bad dark, and quite funny.

I don't think it was that depressing, I think it was the inital exposition to give the character motivation. He's still got his kids and somwehre to live right?

papalazeru

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:57 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:I doubt it was the son because most kids can't afford a fancy hotel room for tricks. If it was the wife, wouldn't he maybe recognize her handwriting? Or maybe that will come later. Would be an interesting twist... especially since I can't see them casting Heche just to be a bitter ex.

I can't see it being the wife, as a picture of Coach's cock was part of the advertisement. You'd figure his wife would recognize the guy's penis. I think it's his ex mother in law.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby papalazeru on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:42 pm

Retardo_Montalban wrote:

I can't see it being the wife, as a picture of Coach's cock was part of the advertisement. You'd figure his wife would recognize the guy's penis. I think it's his ex mother in law.

:lol: :lol:

That's funny. I never thought of that, but would she be so polite? And she's a bit of a tight arse, i.e money focused.

I've seen this first ep quite a few times now and I really think it's a solid opener.

papalazeru

Postby Maui on Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:43 am

The pilot was decent enough and oddly amusing. I'll be tuning in for the next episode.

I really loved the part where Ray gets refused at the door of his first customer. How they shot the light coming/going through the peephole was brilliant (funny too). It's likely just a stranger on the other side of the door sliding the notes and $50 - it's really enough to amuse us. If it is someone who knows Ray, I'm gonna go with his ex-wife's husband, the dermatologist. :lol:
Maui
WoWie

Postby Maui on Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:08 pm

Happiness Consultants? Another great episode - 30 minutes definitely works better.

Ray's training with Tanya :lol:

His sexcapade with the redhead was hilarious. It really struck me funny when she asked him if he was comfortable and he replies "Yes" and awkwardly puts his foot on the coffee table.

I'm hooked. Love the dark, quirky humour in this show.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Fievel on Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:05 pm

Maui wrote:I'm hooked. Love the dark, quirky humour in this show.

Absolutely agree. But unlike the pilot episode, which seemed to drag a bit, I was wanting more out of this episode.
I suppose if that's my only criticism, it's not a bad one.
Now if I could just get caught up on True Blood my Sunday nights will be full of awesome.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Maui on Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:02 am

You are the worst pimp ever. :lol:

This show is hilarious. That is all.
Maui
WoWie

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:06 pm

Is this show a male fantasy or a female fantasy? I am sincerely curious.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby DaleTremont on Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:30 pm

Maui wrote:You are the worst pimp ever. :lol:

I am an excellent pimp!
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:50 am

I finally got HBO so I'm now all caught up on "True Blood" and this. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Extra bonus points from me for being shot in Michigan. I'm thinking it the mother-in-law or the new husband in the hotel room.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:11 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:Is this show a male fantasy or a female fantasy? I am sincerely curious.

I'd think from some male's perspective, getting paid for sex is a fantasy.

I'd think from some female's perspective, a giant penis is a fantasy.

Tough call, Burl.

Just saw this week's episode. I thought it was an okay episode until the graffiti tag at the end, which I found to be brilliant.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:50 pm

i just got around to watching the pilot for this. not sure how much i like it yet, but i'll watch a couple more episodes.
as for the girl who stood him up in the hotel room... i have to assume it's a woman because they set up the date over the phone. that would seem to rule out the son or the ex-wife's new husband, unless they're really good at faking a female voice. i was leaning towards the ex-wife, but you'd think they would recognize each other's voices. another possibility is tanya, and that's how she really found out about his prostituting and why she decided to go to his house that night.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby papalazeru on Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:50 am

TheBaxter wrote:i just got around to watching the pilot for this. not sure how much i like it yet, but i'll watch a couple more episodes.
as for the girl who stood him up in the hotel room... i have to assume it's a woman because they set up the date over the phone. that would seem to rule out the son or the ex-wife's new husband, unless they're really good at faking a female voice. i was leaning towards the ex-wife, but you'd think they would recognize each other's voices. another possibility is tanya, and that's how she really found out about his prostituting and why she decided to go to his house that night.

I know it could be a moot point but, they made an issue in the show about the boy having nail polish (while the house was on fire I believe).

It could just be because he's a goth, or it could be something else. I just think, why bring it up if he's not a tranny. But it could also be just to point out how old fashioned and masculine his dad was.

papalazeru

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:07 am

I think this show is finally starting to find it's tone. The scene with margret and tanya was hilarious.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Fievel on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:18 am

stereosforgeeks wrote:I think this show is finally starting to find it's tone. The scene with margret and tanya was hilarious.

Holy crap it was! I like how Tanya is getting stronger and more confident in her pimp role.
My favorite funny scene of this last episode was where Ray ran into Floyd while jogging..... and how fast Floyd ran away after saying Ray should stay away from Tanya.

And I hope, hope, hope that the brother is just protective of his sister (despite any actual ability to stick up for or defend her) and doesn't actually have perverted feelings for her.
Six Feet Under went there and it was almost a shark-jumping moment for me with that show.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Maui on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:04 pm

Happiness Consultant fridge magnet? I want one. :lol:

I don't think the twin brother is having those kinda feelings towards his sister. He's an emo teen (is there any other kind) and he's definitely going through alot of shit right now. He's living with his wackadoodle Mom, wants to be with his Dad, plus he's a bit sexually confused. The fight at the drive-in theatre was just the icing on the cake, the vent he needed and Ray was lovingly there to give him some support.

Last night's show had alot more depth. We see Ray's single mindedness on who he thinks his clients should be and we see Tanya throw some perspective back his way.

Agreed, that jogging scene was hilarious. That guy ran away so fast in such a dorkish way.

They keep on showing Ray's butt in different angles, are they teasing us??? It feels like Mark Wahlberg in Boogie Nights all over again. Will we ever see his 'hungness"? :shock:

Lastly, very amusing to see Ray hang up on Tanya as she rattles away on the phone about leaving her ho hum life at the office.

Great episode!
Maui
WoWie

Postby DanielSan on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:33 pm

Really enjoying this series, and the surprisingly realistic portrayal of the clients. I'm also thrilled that HBO has picked it up for a second season!!
DanielSan
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby DanielSan on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:34 pm

Maui wrote:They keep on showing Ray's butt in different angles, are they teasing us??? It feels like Mark Wahlberg in Boogie Nights all over again. Will we ever see his 'hungness"? :shock:

I seem to recall them saying there won't be a "Boogie Nights" reveal in the series. But who knows?
DanielSan
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:33 am

The open credit sequence cracks me up a bit because of the creative geography going on. In the first shot of him walking by the statue of Joe Louis' fist he's walking toward the river and then a couple shots later he's walking in the opposite direction on Woodward Ave. past the Fox Theater. Then there's shots of different neighborhoods in Detroit before he ends up in the boondocks at his house and by no means is it a straight line.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:12 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:The open credit sequence cracks me up a bit because of the creative geography going on. In the first shot of him walking by the statue of Joe Louis' fist he's walking toward the river and then a couple shots later he's walking in the opposite direction on Woodward Ave. past the Fox Theater. Then there's shots of different neighborhoods in Detroit before he ends up in the boondocks at his house and by no means is it a straight line.

I think that walking from downtown Detroit to West Bloomfield and removing all clothing along the way would:
a) Warrant a beating from someone along the way
b) Likely get one arrested at some point
c) Hurt the bottom of one's feet
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:39 am

Fievel wrote:
Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:The open credit sequence cracks me up a bit because of the creative geography going on. In the first shot of him walking by the statue of Joe Louis' fist he's walking toward the river and then a couple shots later he's walking in the opposite direction on Woodward Ave. past the Fox Theater. Then there's shots of different neighborhoods in Detroit before he ends up in the boondocks at his house and by no means is it a straight line.

I think that walking from downtown Detroit to West Bloomfield and removing all clothing along the way would:
a) Warrant a beating from someone along the way
b) Likely get one arrested at some point
c) Hurt the bottom of one's feet

I think the six blocks from Jefferson to the Fox would cover all that.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:38 pm

Holy hot neighbor Batman!
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:46 pm

DanielSan wrote:Really enjoying this series, and the surprisingly realistic portrayal of the clients. I'm also thrilled that HBO has picked it up for a second season!!

Yeah yeah, Mona lisa.

I love this series, it's ever inch wity and comical as it can be dark. I'm loving the twists of fate at the moment.

papalazeru

Postby Maui on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:24 pm

Shit, Ray that is one beautiful penis.

That was my intelligent contribution to this thread.
Maui
WoWie

Postby papalazeru on Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:37 am

Hung season 2 starts this evening.

Trailer here

http://www.tvrage.com/Hung/episodes/106 ... =1#trailer

papalazeru

Postby Maui on Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:56 am

papalazeru wrote:Hung season 2 starts this evening.

Trailer here

Thanks for the reminder. Apparently in season 2, Tanya grows some balls.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Fievel on Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:28 pm

Maui wrote: Apparently in season 2, Tanya grows some balls.

Well that will certainly change the show's dynamic, not to mention gaining a new audience with the transgendered crowd.

:oops: You didn't meant that literally.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby papalazeru on Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:33 pm

Maui wrote:
papalazeru wrote:Hung season 2 starts this evening.

Trailer here

Thanks for the reminder. Apparently in season 2, Tanya grows some balls.

I think you've been looking at my Av too long ;)

papalazeru

Re: Hung

Postby papalazeru on Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:33 pm

OMG! A episode of a show that made Anne Heche seem endearing.

I had a nice cosy feeling coming back to this show after it's break. A nice soft intro to the new season but I'm liking it already.

papalazeru

Postby Fievel on Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:45 pm

papalazeru wrote:OMG! A episode of a show that made Anne Heche seem endearing.

I had a nice cosy feeling coming back to this show after it's break. A nice soft intro to the new season but I'm liking it already.

Yeah, the bowling scene made me wish that those two could just be friends as they made their way through their respective shitty lives. I actually wasn't really wanting to watch the show last night, but within the first few minutes I was happy to be watching it again. I loved the Pimp counseling going on at the doughnut shop. I remember that actor from the show Jericho. Hope he sticks around. But it was the bowling scene that was so simple and so good to watch.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby christinamaxwell on Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:10 pm

I loved the latest episode of Hung. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about it because I felt that the last season lost a lot of its steam about halfway through but this episode was like I was starting the series all over again. Craig Wedren (the composer) really does a great job with the music.
christinamaxwell
GLIB

Postby Maui on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:12 am

I just felt so bad for Jessica in the pilot episode. She's in a loveless marriage, her mother is critical and unsupportive (surprise) and her emotastic kids are brutally honest brats - basically life kinda sucks and she's just going through the motions. It was really nice to see her smile at the bowling alley with Ray - it was a touching scene.

I'm looking forward to more cat fights (hopefully physical - I think this would be funny) between Tanya and Lenore.

Lastly, I absolutely loved Tanya's jean jacket with the embroidered birds on it. Must have.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Maui on Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:52 pm

Is Tucson really the gateway to Dick because I always thought it was Phoenix.

Have to say, I'm really enjoying the verbal sparring between Lenore and T Brain.
Maui
WoWie

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:10 pm

That Leonore chick can sleep over my house anytime. Holy crap!
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Fievel on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:09 pm

Apparently the high school whose marching band I worked with for 7 years (Lakeland HS) was mentioned in tonight's episode. :D
I've only seen the first two episodes this season and need to catch up.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Maui on Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:02 pm

Anyone else chuckle when T Brain started to frantically scurry and climb fences at the baseball game - after seeing Mike and Frances together?
Maui
WoWie

Postby John-Locke on Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:18 pm

yeah that was hilarious, she scurried off like a fox or rat or something
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:53 am

Maui wrote:Anyone else chuckle when T Brain started to frantically scurry and climb fences at the baseball game - after seeing Mike and Frances together?

I cried through my laughter, that was so funny. Poor Mike. He can't win.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Next

Return to Coaxial