ARROW

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: Next Superhero Show after ARROW: THE FLASH!

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:19 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:28 am

CBR:
"Arrow" Producers Run Towards "The Flash"

Kiel Phegley wrote:Perhaps appropriately for DC Comics scarlet speedster, news that The CW would launch a TV series based on "The Flash" made the rounds fast when it came out at earlier this month at the annual Television Critics Association gathering. But the 2015-season spinoff will starts its run this year on The CW's current DC Entertainment hit "Arrow" where Barry Allen will appear in three episodes across that drama's second season.

The move is brand new territory and somehow a full circle return for both the Flash as a character and for "Arrow" show runner Marc Guggenheim. Longtime fans may recall that "The Flash" took to network TV once before for a one season run on CBS in 1990. That series was created by "The Rocketeer" producers Danny Bilson and Paul DeMeo who returned to the world of the character in 2006 for a run on the DC comic "The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive." The final issues of that series served as one of Guggenheim's earliest DC writing gigs where he brought Bart Allen back onto the page after a long absence, making this new "Arrow" spinoff a roundabout return.

"I feel like I'm just following Bilson and DeMeo. Whatever they do, I seem to follow in their footsteps," Guggenheim laughed. The writer told CBR that from comics to TV, the goal of the "Arrow" production team is to expand out the DC Universe while keeping the tone and feel of their show its own unique story platform.

"Honestly, I'm just excited to help be a part of expanding the DC Universe," he said. "I think one of the big thing that appeals to me about comics in general is the idea of the shared universe. It's a lot of fun to be able to do that in television, and growing up one of the things I enjoyed was the 'Six Million Dollar Man' and 'The Bionic Woman' and the way those two shows would interact with each other. We're at least a season away from 'Arrow' interacting with 'The Flash," but the potential for that is really exciting for me."

Though The CW has gotten into the spinoff game before with their upcoming "Vampire Diaries" spinoff "The Originals," the act of transporting a comic universe fully to live action TV with multiple franchises is new territory the "Arrow" team doesn't take lightly. "I think it is a little bit unique. I don't think we planned it," Guggenheim explained. "But at the same time, quite frankly, we didn't plan to expand the DC Universe so much in the first season of 'Arrow.' For example, Greg [Berlanti], Andrew [Kreisberg] and myself never said 'In the first season of this show, we're going to introduce the Huntress and Deathstroke.' We really didn't have that plan. We were hoping to one day get to those characters, but we never thought it'd happen as quickly as it did."

Kreisberg, who serves as Guggenheim's show running partner on "Arrow," will develop Barry Allen's character in writing each of those three episodes this season on "Arrow," and Guggenheim said that is all part of a masterplan that stretches back before their recent run of announcements. "Andrew is taking the lead on 'The Flash.' This has been in the works for a while and had been in the works since before Comic-Con. But we made the decision, as these things are announced in a rollout, to take a strategy where we'd announce Black Canary, Bronze Tiger and Brother Blood at Comic-Con. We felt like, 'That's a lot for Comic-Con. Let's save something back for when T.C.A. comes around.' I want to disabuse anyone of the notion that we decided to do Flash after Comic-Con. We're just capable of keeping secrets every now and again."

And overall, the writer wanted to stress that an additional superhero – and one with some more super powers – won't change the core of what "Arrow" is. In fact, Guggenheim leaned on a comparison with DC's main competitor to explain how each series will develop over time. "I think a lot of people are justified in asking 'What does this mean for Arrow in terms of its tone?' And my answer is that the trick that we have – and this is a challenge we've discusses a lot and have an awareness of how to face it head on – is the fact that 'Arrow' is like 'Iron Man' where 'The Flash' will be 'The Hulk.' And just as 'The Hulk' coming out did not change the tone of the Iron Man movies, 'The Flash' will not change the tone of 'Arrow.' We're very cognizant of what 'Arrow' is all about, and I think the Marvel movies demonstrate that each piece of a universe can have its own feel. 'Thor' is consistent with the tone of Thor while 'Captain America' is consistent with the tone of Captain America's character. 'Arrow's' tone will remain consistent much in the same way, and we are looking forward to expanding our canvass a bit. And judging from the announcement, I think the fans are looking forward to it as well."

"Arrow's" second season debuts October 9 on The CW.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: ARROW

Postby TheButcher on Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:54 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:29 am

'Glee' Star Set as CW's Flash
Grant Gustin will play the lightning-fast character also known as Barry Allen, and appear in three episodes of "Arrow" -- including the backdoor pilot.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:40 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:01 am

The Flash: Grant Gustin and the Producers on the Arrow Spinoff Pilot
Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Geoff Johns on their plans for the pilot and beyond.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:28 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:04 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu May 15, 2014 3:00 am

The Flash First Look: Don't Blink
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu May 15, 2014 1:57 pm

The Flash - Extended Trailer
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Thu May 15, 2014 4:27 pm

TheButcher wrote:The Flash - Extended Trailer

Science guy: "You were struck by lightning dude."
The Flash: "Lightning gave me these abs?"

Aaaaaaaaand I'm out.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:26 am

IGN:
The Flash: Our First Impressions
Eric & Joshua have seen The Flash pilot and give their first thoughts on the new DC Comics TV serie

Bleeding Cool:
The CW’s The Flash TV Pilot Leaks On Torrent Sites

Nine Thoughts About The Flash TV Pilot That I Shouldn’t Have Been Allowed To See
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:40 am

Stephen Amell Wants Green Lantern In ARROW
"We Are Creating A JUSTICE LEAGUE On TV"
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:34 am

TV Review: ‘The Flash’
Brian Lowry wrote:Hewing closely to the template of “Smallville,” “The Flash” bursts out of the starting gate, racing through an origin story and related history that transforms baby-faced CSI Barry Allen into the red-streaked superhero. Like all pilots in the genre, the only reason to keep one foot on the brake, enthusiasm-wise, is whether the producers can sustain a high level of special effects and action once a weekly episodic schedule (and budget) kicks in. CW already has found a steadying presence in “Arrow,” and this more comicbook-y entry could be another solid anchor from sibling DC Comics.

Purists can wince, with some justification, at the casting of Grant Gustin as Barry; last seen high-stepping on “Glee,” the thesp gives the character a look that’s more suited to studying for midterms than investigating crimes. Still, the pandering to younger demos hardly stops there (witness the upcoming “Fantastic Four” reboot), so the offended can either buy into the choice or wait 25 years for another Flash series to come along.

Yep, it’s been that long since CBS took a “Batman”-inspired run at the character, and that series — while in some respects ahead of its time — quickly fizzled.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:06 pm

THE FLASH Review: 1.01 “City of Heroes”
The CW's latest superhero show gives us a bright, warm reprieve from the usual dark DC property.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Next Superhero Show after ARROW: THE ATOM!

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:17 am

Greg Berlanti Talks ARROW, THE FLASH, SUPERGIRL, Crossover Episodes, Spinoffs, Ra’s Al Ghul, Firestorm, Resurrecting Characters, and More
Haleigh Foutch wrote:With The CW’s superhero block returning next week, The Flash on Tuesday, January 20, and Arrow the following night on Wednesday, January 21st, the casts and executive producers of both series, including Stephen Amell, Grant Gustin, Katie Cassidy, David Ramsey, Dominic Purcell, and Wentworth Miller, were on hand at the TCA winter press tour to talk about what’s coming up for the costumed vigilantes.

Following the panel presentation Executive Producer Greg Berlanti took some times to speak with a handful of journalists. He talked about upcoming baddies, feeling free to resurrect characters, what he learned from the big crossover event, potential future DC spinoffs, creating a female led superhero show with CBS’s Supergirl, and more.

CW Plotting 'Arrow' Spinoff 'Atom'
Superhero series would be based on Brandon Routh's character
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:27 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Next Superhero Show after ARROW: UNTITLED!

Postby TheButcher on Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:39 am

Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW
Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
Nellie Andreeva wrote:EXCLUSIVE:

The untitled project, now in development, is described as a superhero team-up show. Routh, Miller and Garber will reprise their popular DC Comics characters — Arrow‘s Ray Palmer/The Atom (Routh), Flash villain Leonard Snart/Captain Cold (Miller), and Flash‘s Dr. Martin Stein (Garber). Because her Arrow character Sara Lance was killed off, with her sister Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy) taking over as the Black Canary, it is unclear whether Lotz will play the same or new superhero.

The project is in early stages of development, so there is a possibility for other Arrow/Flash characters to cross over to the new spinoff. Additionally, in a tidbit that should get fans fired up, I have learned the new project will include three major DC Comics characters who have never appeared in a TV series.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:34 pm

I went looking for a FLASH thread, but found this. Which is totally surprising because I think the FLASH TV show is really fun. I dig Arrow, but recognize it has some obvious flaws. But I think the FLASH is firing on all cylinders.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby so sorry on Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:37 pm

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:03 pm

my wife has gotten into the show on Netflix. I have watched a few episodes here and there with her, it is alright but just hasn't hooked me enough to watch all of them. I watched one episode of The Flash and it didn't click for me but I plan on giving it another try at some point

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:12 pm

Peven wrote:my wife has gotten into the show on Netflix. I have watched a few episodes here and there with her, it is alright but just hasn't hooked me enough to watch all of them. I watched one episode of The Flash and it didn't click for me but I plan on giving it another try at some point

I find FLASH to strike the appropriate tone. It is fun, but not goofy. And I appreciate that they are building a strong mythology to propel the show. It is not DD, but for the CW it has a lot going for it.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: Arrow, Flash And Legends Of Tomorrow

Postby TheButcher on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:05 am

The Flash Season 2 Promo “Catch Me"
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:35 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:37 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: ‘Black Lightning’

Postby TheButcher on Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:20 pm

Deadline:
‘Black Lightning’ DC Superhero Series In Works From Greg Berlanti, Mara Brock Akil & Salim Akil
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Previous

Return to Coaxial