LOST SEASON 6 (SPOILERS)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

How did you feel about the finale?

Loved it
38%
Liked it
23%
Disappointed
19%
Konged
19%

Total votes : 26

Re: LOST SEASON 6 (SPOILERS)

Postby so sorry on Thu May 20, 2010 8:35 am

Fievel wrote:I hadn't seen this preview posted yet. If it was, all apologies.
And no worries - it's SPOILER FREE.

Awesome!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Thu May 20, 2010 8:48 am

Fievel wrote:After a night to digest, I had a bad feeling that Jacob's campfire talk was going to be like Anders babbling every answer on BSG. Thankfully it was nothing like that. The most important (to the characters) questions seemed to have been asked and were answered by Jacob. That scene could have been a train wreck but thankfully it wasn't.

i think that scene benefitted from having seen the events described in the previous episode. that scene helped to clarify what took place the episode before. it also at least somewhat justifies the placement of the jacob-blarrrrrrfandar episode in the season episode order.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Thu May 20, 2010 10:02 am

so sorry wrote:

Awesome!

A bunch of LOST compilations...somebody has tooo much time on their hands!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby MacCready on Thu May 20, 2010 10:56 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Kind of hypnotic after a while.
MacCready
MAN IN SUIT

Postby Fievel on Thu May 20, 2010 11:06 am

MacCready wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Kind of hypnotic after a while.

Yeah. I loved it when they'd get faster and faster.

The Hurley one was good too!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Thu May 20, 2010 11:07 am

New poll created:

Who will be the last LOSTie to die in the finale?

My money is (predictably) on Jack. Seems like he's got one more ultimate sacrifice to give...maybe him "dying" in the sideways world will allow everyone else to still exist there. Which would put the Knob back on the island, sittin' on a log, looking out to the sea. Will someone be sitting next to him?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Thu May 20, 2010 12:12 pm

i voted for hurley, because he's the only non-white character left for them to kill.

(not counting waaaaaaalt who isn't even really on the show anymore. or vincent, though i'm not sure his racial background)
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Thu May 20, 2010 12:31 pm

TheBaxter wrote:i voted for hurley, because he's the only non-white character left for them to kill.

Rose?
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Thu May 20, 2010 12:53 pm

Fievel wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:i voted for hurley, because he's the only non-white character left for them to kill.

Rose?

not on the poll. i guess that means she'll die before hurley.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Thu May 20, 2010 3:12 pm

Someone refresh my memory: have we seen Juliette yet in the Sideways reality?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Ribbons on Thu May 20, 2010 3:16 pm

Nope, just the sideways reality where aliens are trying to take over the world
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Thu May 20, 2010 3:25 pm

Ribbons wrote:Nope, just the sideways reality where aliens are trying to take over the world

I just had a brain fart that she will be Jack's ex-wife. Wouldn't that be a kick in the balls to Sawyer if/when he regains his on-island consciousness! Jack kills his love on the island, and steals his love in the Sideways world!

She's definetly showing up in the finale, and every other (main) character has already made an appearance. The only big reveal to go is Jack's ex-squeeze...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 pm

so sorry wrote:
Ribbons wrote:Nope, just the sideways reality where aliens are trying to take over the world

I just had a brain fart that she will be Jack's ex-wife. Wouldn't that be a kick in the balls to Sawyer if/when he regains his on-island consciousness! Jack kills his love on the island, and steals his love in the Sideways world!

She's definetly showing up in the finale, and every other (main) character has already made an appearance. The only big reveal to go is Jack's ex-squeeze...

It's either his regular ex-wife, Juliette, or Mr. Ecko (hey, it's the 21st century!!).
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Thu May 20, 2010 4:21 pm

lost season 6 dvd will answer questions the show doesn't

so all you people out there upset about not finding out how NotMom killed all those people and filled in the well, just wait til august and keep your fingers crossed and maybe your question will be answered.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Thu May 20, 2010 4:36 pm

Fievel wrote:
so sorry wrote:

It's either his regular ex-wife...

I guess that's the more likely scenario. I'm just hoping for more of a bombshell reveal, since they've been so coy about who she is.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Thu May 20, 2010 5:55 pm

so sorry wrote:
Fievel wrote:
so sorry wrote:

It's either his regular ex-wife...

I guess that's the more likely scenario. I'm just hoping for more of a bombshell reveal, since they've been so coy about who she is.

i don't know if this is a case of them being coy about who she is, or fans looking for mysteries and connections in every little corner of the show, even ones the writers didn't intend.

one possibility is that they've been trying to get juliet back on the show, but weren't sure if they could or not. so they kept it under wraps, in case they got her, with his regular ex-wife as a backup.

here's another possibility: what if his wife is shannon :shock:

or even another possibility: what if she is NotMom :shock: :shock: :shock:
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby papalazeru on Thu May 20, 2010 7:52 pm

I...can't believe how hard I want to laugh.....

I watched this series for cultural reference, nothing more....

Now! I can't stop laughing because none of you will ever get answers that you need. There is no way of filling in the blanks at this stage.

*Deep breath* AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

So much for your deeper meanings. Reminds me a lot of BSG around series 4 and your whole Jewish/whatever religious philosophy. Serves you right for thinking TV is really intelligent and smart. TV is so speshul.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Hermanator X on Fri May 21, 2010 2:20 am

papalazeru wrote:...can't believe how hard I want to laugh.....

Its a bit weird to spend 120 hours of your life watching something you dont really enjoy. :?

papalazeru wrote:*Deep breath* AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

There you go just let it all out.

papalazeru wrote:Now! I can't stop laughing because none of you will ever get answers that you need. There is no way of filling in the blanks at this stage.

There have been shitloads of answers given. Admittedly its never going to give enough, but it depends on how you interpret things, or pay attention.
For instance, I saw a post on one of the recap blogs wondering if it would be explained that Mother was from the future, because she could speak american. Totally ignoring the whole talking in Latin and then transitioning to english via a nice little bit of strings on the soundtrack. So if questions arise from stuff like that, then what hope do the writers have in keeping everyone happy?
For myself, I dont have a hell of a lot that needs to be explained, the majority which I care about has been sufficiently covered. Of course, I would like to know more about some things, such as the whole Dharma initiative, as I find it fascinating, but its not to say it needs more splaining, just that I would like to spend more time with it.
The questions I do have now mainly regard the whole sideways universe and how the bomb/70's adventures fit into the scheme of things, which im sure will be covered by the finale (fingers crossed).

papalazeru wrote:So much for your deeper meanings. Reminds me a lot of BSG around series 4 and your whole Jewish/whatever religious philosophy. Serves you right for thinking TV is really intelligent and smart. TV is so speshul.

As far as deeper meanings go, im not sure what you mean by this. I dont expect it to enlighten me or bring me to a higher state of conciousness, I watch it because its an interesting story with some great characters. Its fun to discuss the show, and its a quality bit of entertainment.

Your post seems a little strange considering most people are excited for the finale, but I guess your mostly stirring anyway, for shitzngiggles. :wink:
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Fri May 21, 2010 2:39 am

papalazeru wrote:I...can't believe how hard I want to laugh.....

Now! I can't stop laughing because none of you will ever get answers that you need. There is no way of filling in the blanks at this stage.

*Deep breath* AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

So much for your deeper meanings. Reminds me a lot of BSG around series 4 and your whole Jewish/whatever religious philosophy. Serves you right for thinking TV is really intelligent and smart. TV is so speshul.

I fart in your general direction!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Fri May 21, 2010 8:53 am

yeah, i'd feel more sorry for someone who spent 6 years watching a show they didn't like, then for someone who watched the show and enjoyed it all those years but was disappointed by the ending. i mean, i enjoyed BSG for all the seasons it was on, even though the finale left me wanting, it didn't wipe out the fun i had with previous episodes.

i think BSG strove for more "deep meaning" and "relevance" than Lost has done. between the darker tone, the political allegories, and the mythology and how they tried to tie it into our own present world, it was going for something a bit more serious. Lost is a mystery show with its own mythology, and it does explore some interesting themes, but it's always been primarily a fun show with adventure and jokes and fun characters. i don't think anyone is hoping for The Key To Understanding The Universe by watching this show.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Fri May 21, 2010 8:56 am

TheBaxter wrote: i don't think anyone is hoping for The Key To Understanding The Universe by watching this show.

That's what Heroes was for.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Fri May 21, 2010 9:09 am

so sorry wrote:
TheBaxter wrote: i don't think anyone is hoping for The Key To Understanding The Universe by watching this show.

That's what Heroes was for.

but it just got cancelled. NOW WE'LL NEVER KNOW!!! :(
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Fri May 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Being that its Friday afternoon, and I don't Zone on the weekends, I thought I'd pop in here and wish everyone a happy last-LOST Sunday! I hope we laugh, I hope we cry. But most of all I hope Kate dies.

I'll see you all on the other side...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Fri May 21, 2010 4:55 pm

it's LOST-APALOOZA!!! just 2 days away

man, i shoulda taken off on monday. i'm gonna be no good at work.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Fri May 21, 2010 4:56 pm

so sorry wrote:Being that its Friday afternoon, and I don't Zone on the weekends, I thought I'd pop in here and wish everyone a happy last-LOST Sunday! I hope we laugh, I hope we cry. But most of all I hope Kate dies.

I'll see you all on the other side...

see you in another life, brotha.

a life without lost :(
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Hermanator X on Fri May 21, 2010 5:03 pm

Im road tripping to a family function tomorrow, returning on tuesday, with no chance of catching it before then. Its gonna drive me loco.
So a happy lost weekend to everyone from me too!

Its been a hell of a ride, and really enjoyed these forums for the additional fun and understanding of the show. Its been a good insight into how other peoples minds work against the backdrop of all the speculation.

I was thinking of the poll too, as its not a given that they will all die (but a strong possibility nevertheless), it may be more fruitfull to choose the first to kick the bucket. As thats a bit more likely.....
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri May 21, 2010 6:23 pm

Can't wait until Sunday. Good or bad, it's going to be once great night of television.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby sonnyboo on Fri May 21, 2010 6:56 pm

Just discovered a weird contradiction. SMOKEY used to be able to appear as other dead people. He has admitted to having posed as Christian Shepherd. He was also Eko's brother and is now John Locke. This season Illyana said in a line of dialogue that he was trapped as John Locke and can't change appearance any more. The technicality was left unexplained, but Fake Locke appeared as Ben's daughter Alex to tell Ben he had to do whatever John Locke said. So he WAS able to appear as someone else. Which is it and if he is trapped as John Locke, why can't he change, even though he already did?

Also, as for the MiB, he did state clearly in the Richard Alpert episode that Jacob took away his body and humanity and that's why he wants to kill him. That helped explain to me why his body was found nearby in a creek, but he was still him and not some separate entity.

I think Ben is faking it to double cross. If not, then all that emotional resonance and redemption of his flashsideways and acceptance episode was a complete waste. I'll give him Widmore. He could still kill him and that was motivated. But to want to kill anyone else at this point? It would make no sense and betray everything they did with his character since killing Jacob and regretting it.
sonnyboo
REAL DRAGON

Postby Hermanator X on Fri May 21, 2010 7:12 pm

I think the reasoning for being trapped as Locke is that he was in that form when Jacob died. I read it somewhere. Meh, its not the best but it works for me.
With Bens line about smokie summoning him, rather than the other way round, it makes me suspect that ben realised that smokie impersonated his mother. leading to his whole life with the others....
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby RogueScribner on Sat May 22, 2010 2:41 am

I asked for Sunday night off from work and was hoping to go all Lost crazy this weekend. But a friend of the family passed away and the funeral is in Virginia on Monday, so road trip! I hope you guys enjoy the finale. I'll catch it when I can.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby ironic name on Sat May 22, 2010 2:48 am

its been great writing about the show with you guys.
ironic name wrote:Image
ironic name
had cheer sex with Megan Gale

Postby Bloo on Sun May 23, 2010 9:08 am

Happy Last Lost Day
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sun May 23, 2010 2:02 pm

Six hours and fifty-eight minutes to go.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Sun May 23, 2010 3:06 pm

They are airing it over here at 5am, the same time it goes out on the East Coast. I'm not sure if I'm going to watch it then though as I hate watching the show with adverts and I hate the way the actors voices sound after the NTSC to PAL conversion.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Sun May 23, 2010 3:06 pm

Hermanator X wrote:
papalazeru wrote:...can't believe how hard I want to laugh.....

Its a bit weird to spend 120 hours of your life watching something you dont really enjoy. :?

game. set. match.

I'm not expecting anything that's going to shake up my life, or anything. Maybe it's sad, but no film or television series watched after the age of 10 has ever had more than a passing influence on me in any real sense, at least that I'm consciously aware of. What I want is enough loose ends tied up to make the end reasonably satisfying. I re-watched the 2 hour pilot last night, and I'm left with the conclusion that the general THEMES of Lost WERE planned from the start. Light vs. Dark, science vs. mysticism, etc etc and they have been played truly throughout. I'm not naive to think that every intricacy was planned. "ok, we're going to put these skeletons here in Season 1 and we will explain them in Season 6, Episode 21" or whatever. That's probably not realistic. But I like the fact that they are trying to tie it together.

The "Heart of the Island'" is a McGuffin that i wish hadn't been used. So many shows of this type feel the need to insert something new which is core to the mythology at the last second. I wish they had been able to explain things without resorting to cliche, but I can live with it if the rest is reasonably satisfactory.

Thing is...I know it wont be, and it's not necessarily the fault of the writers, the producers, the actors or anyone else. The nature of shows like this is that the questions are always more intriguing than the answers. It was true of BSG, X-Files (what answers we got), Twin Peaks (what answers we got), etc., etc., et al. The mystery and ensuing theorizing is what makes this show fun. That's coming to an end, probably at an appropriate time. It could, perhaps, have happened a season sooner.

I know I sound like a fanboy downplaying expectations, but that's honestly how I feel about it. I'm now looking forward to seeing what answers we do get, what happens to the characters, and the like. But I'm going to miss the theorizing, and I'm going to miss the hell out of this thread once the post-game dies down. It's been fun folks!
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby travis-dane on Sun May 23, 2010 3:10 pm

Losing LOST and 24 in the same year is tough.
They will be missed.
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sun May 23, 2010 6:03 pm

travis-dane wrote:Losing LOST and 24 in the same year is tough.
They will be missed.

I'm still mourning the losses.

sonnyboo wrote:Just discovered a weird contradiction. SMOKEY used to be able to appear as other dead people. He has admitted to having posed as Christian Shepherd. He was also Eko's brother and is now John Locke. This season Illyana said in a line of dialogue that he was trapped as John Locke and can't change appearance any more. The technicality was left unexplained, but Fake Locke appeared as Ben's daughter Alex to tell Ben he had to do whatever John Locke said. So he WAS able to appear as someone else. Which is it and if he is trapped as John Locke, why can't he change, even though he already did?

Also, as for the MiB, he did state clearly in the Richard Alpert episode that Jacob took away his body and humanity and that's why he wants to kill him. That helped explain to me why his body was found nearby in a creek, but he was still him and not some separate entity.

I think Ben is faking it to double cross. If not, then all that emotional resonance and redemption of his flashsideways and acceptance episode was a complete waste. I'll give him Widmore. He could still kill him and that was motivated. But to want to kill anyone else at this point? It would make no sense and betray everything they did with his character since killing Jacob and regretting it.

Don't forget: He's transmitting everything via the walkie talkie he gave to Miles. Wouldn't be surprised if Miles meets up with Jack et al. and Jack hears everything going on with Flocke.
Last edited by ONeillSG1 on Sun May 23, 2010 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby ironic name on Sun May 23, 2010 8:51 pm

TENSION!
ironic name
had cheer sex with Megan Gale

Postby MacCready on Sun May 23, 2010 9:57 pm

Already been some very fine moments. And a few surprises. One and a half hours to go.
MacCready
MAN IN SUIT

Postby bastard_robo on Sun May 23, 2010 10:05 pm

LOST!

On an Island..

We're all stuck here and we're LOST!!!!!!!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby MacCready on Sun May 23, 2010 10:19 pm

bastard_robo wrote:LOST!

On an Island..

We're all stuck here and we're LOST!!!!!!!

Spoilers? Damn.

Stranded on frakking Hawaii......whiners.
MacCready
MAN IN SUIT

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sun May 23, 2010 11:36 pm

So . . .

They are all dead, everyone of them? What was the common thread? Jack? Was the Island real? WTF?!?!

WTF WAS THAT?!?!?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Ribbons on Sun May 23, 2010 11:37 pm

Aiyee!!!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby stereosforgeeks on Sun May 23, 2010 11:38 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:So . . .

They are all dead, everyone of them? What was the common thread? Jack? Was the Island real? WTF?!?!

WTF WAS THAT?!?!?

They made it a point to say everything that happened was real.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby MacCready on Sun May 23, 2010 11:41 pm

So Lost was basicallyJacob's Ladder?Anyone feeling just a wee bit ripped off yet?
MacCready
MAN IN SUIT

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sun May 23, 2010 11:48 pm

Crap, I have something in my eye.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Jakester on Sun May 23, 2010 11:53 pm

No. I don't feel ripped off.
The explanation of the two "timelines" makes complete sense given the explanation, and you can tell it was planned at least from the beginning of the season (if not before).

It's not what I was at all expecting, but the point has been made many times "that whatever happened, happened."

I guess I do feel ripped off a bit that we never got any payoff about Walt and Darlton teased that he was in the finale.

It wasn't as satisfying as say, Ashes to Ashes or Supernatural, but I also didn't really dislike it as I did with BSG's timeline reveal and final scene.

A lot of things are still ambiguous, such as what would have happened if the island sank, or if FLocke gets off the island. I never felt like either was a big threat beyond what Jacob and Psycho-Mom said--and they're not really the most trustworthy people.

Also, what was the significance of the Island being sunk at the beginning of the season?
Jakester
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby sonnyboo on Sun May 23, 2010 11:53 pm

Talk about trying to have your cake and eat it too.... Having a lot of trouble reconciling the fantastical island material with the unrelated religious overtones of afterlife.

So everything that happened on the Islandwas real, but everything that happened in the side-flashes was just purgatory. The island is this mystical, magical place, but purgatory is just flat and ordinary, takes a full lifetime to live out and you get to pick who you live with and deal with, but even though you die at different times, you'll be stuck with the people from the island. So the only guarantee for people like Kate, Sawyer, Miles, and Claire is that the rest of their lives was SOOOOO incredibly boring that when they died and went to purgatory they had to connect with these people from the island. I guess Lapidus and Richard had more interesting lives and had better places to relive after they died.

I loved everything up until that last 5 minutes. They kinda took the piss out of it for me. Overall, I like the journey as a whole. The island stuff all worked for me, flaws and continuity errors be damned, I enjoyed it. I didn't really like the flash-sideways the entire year. The exceptions were how they emotionally reconciled almost every single important relationship in the sideways world. It was an interesting cheat in order to resolve all those threads, but it was a little hollow, almost a cop out.

I can live with it because almost any answer they would have made up would not equal what you wanted.
sonnyboo
REAL DRAGON

Postby sonnyboo on Sun May 23, 2010 11:55 pm

Jakester wrote:Also, what was the significance of the Island being sunk at the beginning of the season?

Aside from being a red herring, it was important just to establish that in all their heads, the island was not there and not significant.
sonnyboo
REAL DRAGON

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial