Andy Barker, P.I.

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Andy Barker, P.I.

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:15 pm

Not sure if anyone else saw this, but NBC.com has posted the first 6 episodes of this series for our viewing pleasure right here

The series, co-created by Conan O'Brien, is about an accountant who stumbles into a life of private investigating.

I watched the first six episodes and it is actually pretty funny. I hope it does well because the show has promise. Andy Richter is hilarious and the supporting cast is great as well. Buster from Arrested Development is in it!

I had several problems loading some of the episodes though...so just be warned.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby NudeAndAroused on Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:53 pm

A great show that should not have been cancelled.
NudeAndAroused
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby The Ginger Man on Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:31 am

Everyone kept talking about how funny the show was. I like Andy Richter and I watched a few eps...but it just didn't click with me. Didn't laugh once. :-(
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Re: Andy Barker, P.I.

Postby Ribbons on Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:53 pm

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Ribbons on Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:34 pm

If you guys haven't seen Andy Barker yet, you should! Including you Dennis! *shakes fist*

Seriously though, it's hilarious... despite the fact that it was cancelled before a single episode ever aired. It's on DVD, but I'm pretty sure all 6 episodes are on Hulu for free. So get on that!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby buster00 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:32 pm

Where the hell did this thread come from? I loved this show!
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:02 pm

Somewhere in hell, some lucky guy's putting the wood to a quality broad.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:20 pm

buster00 wrote:Where the hell did this thread come from? I loved this show!

This.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bloo on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:23 pm

damn just yesterday I was contemplating buying this yesterday on DVD
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Ribbons on Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:26 am

Bloo wrote:I was contemplating buying this yesterday on DVD

To be honest it's probably not a great bargain, episodes per dollar-wise, especially since they're all available on Hulu for free. However they did make sure to load it with extras, including commentaries for each episode, a retrospective and several making-of docs (including one inside the writers room). But whatever form you watch it in I heartily endorse the show.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Bloo on Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:27 am

Ribbons wrote:
Bloo wrote:damn just yesterday I was contemplating buying this yesterday on DVD

To be honest it's probably not a great bargain, episodes per dollar-wise, especially since they're all available on Hulu for free. However they did make sure to load it with extras, including commentaries for each episode, a retrospective and several making-of docs (including one inside the writers room). But whatever form you watch it in I heartily endorse the show.

that's kind of why I've held off at the moment, but I do want to support companies that put unsuccessful but good shows on DVD
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Ribbons on Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:30 am

Bloo wrote:but I do want to support companies that put unsuccessful but good shows on DVD

I feel you on that one. Shout! Factory is the king of cancelled TV shows, also helping put My So-Called Life and Freaks and Geeks on DVD a year or two back (and of course Max Headroom).
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Bloo on Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:22 am

you know, I don't think I ever saw an episode of My So-Called Life, which is odd considering my age.
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Ribbons on Tue May 31, 2011 4:27 pm

Bloo wrote:you know, I don't think I ever saw an episode of My So-Called Life, which is odd considering my age.

You totally should. For my money, My So-Called Life is a fantastic show. A lot of people hovering around the fanboy demographic tend to prefer Freaks & Geeks (also great), which is the less "wussy" version of the same premise, I suppose. But each episode of MSCL is so thematically rich, so tightly-scripted and emotionally raw that I can't help but love it. Plus Claire Danes gives one of the best "voice-over performances" ever.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Tue May 31, 2011 4:33 pm

Ribbons wrote:
Bloo wrote:you know, I don't think I ever saw an episode of My So-Called Life, which is odd considering my age.

You totally should. For my money, My So-Called Life is a fantastic show. A lot of people hovering around the fanboy demographic tend to prefer Freaks & Geeks (also great), which is the less "wussy" version of the same premise, I suppose. But each episode of MSCL is so thematically rich, so tightly-scripted and emotionally raw that I can't help but love it. Plus Claire Danes gives one of the best "voice-over performances" ever.

Translation: Ribbons couldn't look away from Jordan Catalano's dreamy eyes.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Ribbons on Tue May 31, 2011 4:35 pm

Jared Leto has never been dreamier. Except for that movie where he shot John Lennon.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Return to Coaxial