The Walking Dead

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:04 am

yeah, but they had to build the wall, it wasn't there to begin with. i'm surprised they survived long enough to complete it.

maybe it'll turn out the community started out with like 500 people or something, and now it's down to the 30 or so remaining people there. would explain why the town seems so empty.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:06 pm

TheBaxter wrote:yeah, but they had to build the wall, it wasn't there to begin with. i'm surprised they survived long enough to complete it.

maybe it'll turn out the community started out with like 500 people or something, and now it's down to the 30 or so remaining people there. would explain why the town seems so empty.

One thing that the Governess said when they first got to the town is allowing me to explain these things away: she noted (if I remember correctly) that Virginia and the environs around Washington DC were largely evacuated during the outbreak before everything completely broke down. For me at least that helps me to explain away their survival. Fewer people=Fewer dead people=fewer walkers (and fewer survivors to then populate the town and/or prey on the weak).
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:35 am

Rick couldn't take down a drunken surgeon who's been living inside those walls for however many months/years since the show started? he's already going soft.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:01 am

TheBaxter wrote:Rick couldn't take down a drunken surgeon who's been living inside those walls for however many months/years since the show started? he's already going soft.

Gotta love the old-time-wild-west-bar-fight-throw-thru-the-window routine.

I think a few weeks ago I commented that I liked where they were going with this new community/storyline. I'm ready to retract that statement. In the span of a few weeks the Queen of NewTown has gone from "We need you guys to do all the hard stuff cause you're badass and we're weak" to "you guys are doing too much stuff and you're too badass even though we are weak".
The pussy guy who tried to leave Glen and Co. last week is allowed to just walk around as if nothing really happened? Wtf? We all knew he'd spin a different tale, but for fuck's sake at least quarantine him (and Glen) until they decide what to do about the tragic situation.
Is there a revolving door in this community as well? The amount of people walking in and out as if its no big whoop is disturbing.
Rick need a piece of ass ASAP...the look he was giving that chick, and subsquently her husband was down right stalker-creepy. His speech at the end was also uber crazy. The content of what he was saying may have been accurate, but to try and convince these peace-loving idiots to put him in charge may have been better handled at a town hall meeting vs. while holding a gun, crouched over a guy you just pummeled. Although Michonne knocking him out was LOL funny (although not meant to be).
This season is petering out for me, bring on the finale please.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:21 pm

i think i can already see where this is heading [SPOILER-TEXTED CONJECTURE THAT'S NOT ACTUALLY SPOILERS]rick's going to be exiled, and everyone in rick's group will have to decide whether to leave with him or stay with the town. michonne's staying, carol and darryl leave with rick, glenn wants to leave but maggie convinces him to stay, abraham and his piece of ass leave but eugene stays (and has to find a new couple to spy on), and in a tearjerking scene of utter pathos, rick makes carl stay behind with judith because it's safer inside the town walls (for now, because rick is coming back with a plan, but that's for next season) and we get a tearful goodbye as rick and them walk out the gates[/NON-SPOILER CONJECTURE]

that guy playing the drunk surgeon is some of the most over-the-top cliche'd bad acting i've seen on a big-time tv show since..... last season with eugene? seriously, the guy is like a reject from some bad anti-domestic violence afterschool special.

rick's fight also makes the scene of the financially secure with corporate-sponsored opinions priest (holy crap that's a hilarious word replacement) from last weekend completely irrelevant. guy didn't even show up this week, and rick did all his work for him. never even a moment where the townies have to decide which one to believe in.

i'm glad we found out that cowardly dude was the gun-stealer, in a super-brief scene that felt so completely tacked on that i had to rewind the show after it was over just to remember again who it was. the only really intriguing part left for the show is the W zombies and whoever is initialling them, dismembering them, and tying them to trees. given the way the rest has played out, i'm already preparing for the inevitable disappointment when the story behind all that is revealed.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:49 am

TheBaxter wrote:i think i can already see where this is heading [SPOILER-TEXTED CONJECTURE THAT'S NOT ACTUALLY SPOILERS]rick's going to be exiled, and everyone in rick's group will have to decide whether to leave with him or stay with the town. michonne's staying, carol and darryl leave with rick, glenn wants to leave but maggie convinces him to stay, abraham and his piece of ass leave but eugene stays (and has to find a new couple to spy on), and in a tearjerking scene of utter pathos, rick makes carl stay behind with judith because it's safer inside the town walls (for now, because rick is coming back with a plan, but that's for next season) and we get a tearful goodbye as rick and them walk out the gates[/NON-SPOILER CONJECTURE]

Not bad. But I think something goes down with Daryl and Aaron(?), so I don't see them getting back to NewTown unscathed.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:27 pm

I like how unhinged Rick has become. It's just a further extension of Telephone-Talkin' Rick from a few seasons ago. And really, if you had gone through all the shit that he and the group has (Prison, Waterbury, Governor, Gang the tried to rape Carl, Death of wife & all members of group (because of his decisions), Cannibals, etc. etc.) and then encountered a group so deliberately naive to the world outside..... yeah, "unhinged" may not even cover it.

Wife-beater is a horrible, horrible caricature.

I was waiting for Cowardly Dude to pull out his (Rick's) gun and then see Rick shoot him down. The thing that most bugs me about his story arc is that Deanna didn't interview anyone else from that run - just him. But picking nits on this show is like choosing your favorite grain of sand on a beach.

I'm still hoping for some eventual stability in this location if for no other reason than I like the Daryl/Aaron dynamic. Aaron is probably the only person in that community that "gets it," as far as the reality of their situation is concerned.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:46 am

So let me get this straight....the W zombies are all from two fucking dudes? Did I miss something? The next Big Threat is two fucking guys?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:27 am

bitches don't listen to Rick, bitches' husbands get killed.

i think the most shocking part of last night's finale was that nobody important died.

the final scene i thought was unintentionally hilarious. it was like one of those sitcoms where people keep showing up at the wrong time, and there's misunderstandings and shit. first rick walks in covered in guts, carrying a dead zombie. then comes walking cliche wielding a machete. and then daryl, aaron and morgan show up just in time to see rick blow a guys head off. it was like an episode of three's company, but with zombies.

by the way, if i was Morgan, i'd just keep on walkin'. don't linger. get your ass out of their fast, black guys who join up with Rick's group tend not to last very long. remember T-Dawg, Tyreese, Bob, Noah..... #BlackLivesMatter #ExceptOnTheWalkingDead

so sorry wrote:So let me get this straight....the W zombies are all from two fucking dudes? Did I miss something? The next Big Threat is two fucking guys?

they kept talking about their tribe and shit, so i assume that means they're part of a larger group. i thought their method of herding the zombies into the trucks was pretty clever. though i'm not clear on the point of the traps in the first place. or what the significance of red poncho guy was.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:18 am

So basically it was Carol's bullying of Drunk Guy that set him off, and led him to kill someone and thus get himself killed. So now Carol can kill people without actually doing the killing herself.
Put this chick in charge!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:43 pm

TheBaxter wrote:the final scene i thought was unintentionally hilarious.

Seriously! I was waiting for Rick to say "Oh..... hey, you!" As he's covered in zombie goo, carrying a smoking gun.

so sorry wrote:So basically it was Carol's bullying of Drunk Guy that set him off, and led him to kill someone and thus get himself killed. So now Carol can kill people without actually doing the killing herself.
Put this chick in charge!

Jedi woman in the zombie apocalypse. I love her whole arc here in Alexandria, and how she's played the community to present herself as weak and naive..... but yet she's still, always, cold-blooded ("look at the flowers") Carol.

I thought this episode was kind of bland for a season finale.... and I actually like that. I was getting tired with the whole season-ending cliffhanger/bomb-drop style of the previous seasons. It will be interesting to see how far down the road time-wise that next season picks up.

Questions/comments:
-Aaron spoke of having to exile three people, with a woman being particularly strong (or something like that?). Did they start the Wolves? Are they even part of them?
-Carl's girlfriend - is she originally part of the Wolves tribe? Is that where she actually runs to when she steps out? Where was she this episode?
-Red poncho guy = redshirt. :D
-So, so glad to see Morgan back - and a sane version at that (and now a ninja?!?). I know he gave that whole "all life is precious" bit to Daryl and Aaron, which could make his arrival awkward... but then he DID set those two Wolves guys up to die after they attacked him. I hope he sticks around. I like the character and I like Lennie James.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:24 pm

Fievel wrote:-So, so glad to see Morgan back - and a sane version at that (and now a ninja?!?). I know he gave that whole "all life is precious" bit to Daryl and Aaron, which could make his arrival awkward... but then he DID set those two Wolves guys up to die after they attacked him. I hope he sticks around. I like the character and I like Lennie James.

I agree with all that has been said on this ep (unintentional hilarity and lack of major deaths aside I still liked it). I think it's kinda awesome that Morgan apparently went to ninja school on his way to Virginia.

I wasn't sure whether he was setting up the two Wolves to die. He put them in the car and honked the horn, but he did close the door. It was unclear to me whether he was honking to draw in Walkers, or to try to signal the Wolves' friends that they were there for rescue. Of course either way it could bring Walkers, but it seemed to me like he was actually trying to give them a chance to survive (and apparently they did).
Lord Voldemoo

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:16 pm

you don't get bo staff skills like that without a lot of training (unless you're Napoleon Dynamite). so i assume he must've had pre-zombiepocalypse kung fu training.

the situation morgan left those guys in kind of mirrored the trap Darryl and Aaron ended up in. i figured honking the horn was to draw walkers (the way the music in the trucks was used to draw walkers) so when they came to, they'd find themselves locked in a car surrounded by zombies. i'd almost say the Wolves (i'm so tempted to call them "WOLVERINES!!!!"... hopefully they cast C.Thomas Howell as their leader) took that idea from morgan, except they only just encountered each other, not enough time to copy his trap idea. and morgan couldn't have known about their trap either, since the opening scene was his first encounter with them. so i guess it's just a coincidental parallel.

i guess you could look at it like, morgan didn't outright kill them, he put them in a car, attracted zombies to it, and gave them a chance, against very tough odds, to get themselves out of it. maybe that way he felt like he wasn't just killing them outright, and though they'll probably die anyway, he can absolve himself of being directly to blame.

which reminds me: darryl and aaron's escape from the car was WAYYYYYYYYY too ridiculously easy. they're in a car surrounded by at least 100 zombies, and one guy with a stick shows up and suddenly there's all this room for them to get out of the car and run out the gate in about 5 seconds? not likely. felt way too quick and easy of an escape from that situation. kinda the same with glenn's situation, you put a lead character in a seemingly no-chance situation, and then have some last-minute savior (or editing) come to save the day. they needed to come up with more plausible escape scenarios for those moments.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:53 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
which reminds me: darryl and aaron's escape from the car was WAYYYYYYYYY too ridiculously easy. they're in a car surrounded by at least 100 zombies, and one guy with a stick shows up and suddenly there's all this room for them to get out of the car and run out the gate in about 5 seconds? not likely. felt way too quick and easy of an escape from that situation. kinda the same with glenn's situation, you put a lead character in a seemingly no-chance situation, and then have some last-minute savior (or editing) come to save the day. they needed to come up with more plausible escape scenarios for those moments.

hahaha, this is so true. I guess Morgan could have been teeing off on them for a while before we became aware of his presence (the walkers were so focused on the car) but yeah, it was waaaaaay too easy given the volume of undead there.

That said, the chain swing before they got to the car taking the heads off 3 walkers simultaneously was perhaps the most badass Darryl moment since he took a tank out with a grenade.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby so sorry on Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:43 am

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
That said, the chain swing before they got to the car taking the heads off 3 walkers simultaneously was perhaps the most badass Darryl moment since he took a tank out with a grenade.

No one wants to give any badass cred to Aaron for taking out a zombie with an Arizona license plate????
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:13 am

so sorry wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:

No one wants to give any badass cred to Aaron for taking out a zombie with an Arizona license plate????

it was an ALASKA license plate. sarah palin probably hunts elk with those things.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:59 pm

TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:32 pm

TheBaxter wrote:The Ballad of Porchdick

Very well done!!
(and I liked the link at the end)

By the way, on The Talking Dead they had Lennie James on. They asked him about leaving the guys in the car and honking the horn. He said Morgan did that to see if zombies were around or not - because he wanted to see if it was safe to leave the Wolves there..... because every life is precious now. So that answers that.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:49 pm

if that was the reason, he shoulda stuck around for longer than 5 seconds afterwards. zombies are slow. and sometimes, at least on this show, they're vewwy vewwy qwiet.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:53 pm

Fievel wrote:
By the way, on The Talking Dead they had Lennie James on. They asked him about leaving the guys in the car and honking the horn. He said Morgan did that to see if zombies were around or not - because he wanted to see if it was safe to leave the Wolves there..... because every life is precious now. So that answers that.

Holy cow that's a ridiculous answer.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:07 pm

Fievel wrote:..... because every life is precious now.

i think i just remembered where i've seen morgan before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bd9lkZ ... lpage#t=92
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:35 am

Oh Walking Dead, how I've missed your total inconsistent use of zombies. You're like a warm blanket of steaming rotting guts on a chilly fall night.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:36 am

Carol is a badass. 2 episodes in, and so far so good. seems like the showrunners have been listening to their Elvis lately - "a little less conversation, a little more action please"
the only thing i didn't care for is how they are gimping Morgan's character. you've got maniacs running around chopping people up with machetes, and you don't want to kill anyone? c'mon man! didn't we see this character arc already with Tyreese?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:08 pm

I like the CONCEPT of this episode a ton, but the execution was a bit too sloppy for me.

I idea that a group of lunatics attacking the non-fighters of Alexandria when the badass crew is out herding zombies was great. How would the meek handle an invasion? Well, they handled it as expected, by getting slaughtered. Carol shedding her faux-housewife routine was on point. Carl remaining at the house to protect Judith was the right move (and saving his love interest too). Captain Janeway and her coward son...yeah, I can see how she basically says "I'm out, let me know when its all over").
But...
What the fuck with the Wolves Krew? Are they cannibals? Some kind of zombie cult? Are they like the Warriors of the Wasteland in The Road Warrior? They've been building us up for meeting the "W" people for a while now. Was that it? Now that they were reppelled, will we never see them again? And what could possibly be the reason they had no guns? They were brutal killers, and they also were taking prisoners, so you'd think they'd have a weapons cache out the wazzoo. But they just turned out to be psychos, who didn't really seem to have any kind of plan other than murder and mayhem (for example, the two or three scenes showing these idiots wasting time cutting bodies up into tiny pieces). Perhaps they were just the dues ex machina to get the group out of Alexandria.
I wish Carl was more badass with his rifle: he could have been picking the bad guys off from a second floor window, instead of sitting on the floor in the kitchen, waiting for an attack.
Carol was badass for sure, but I was a bit surprised that she had to run to the armory to get loaded up. I would have thought she'd have her own stash in her home for just such an occasion.
That "doctor" chick: odds that she DIDN'T kill the brain of that girl on the gurney?
And Morgan...of for fuke's sake, Morgan. I'm willing to accept a level of stupidity of what he can do with a stick, but this reached a tipping point last night. I guess he studied under Pai Mai from Kill Bill while he was wondering the forests of Virginia. And that idiot Wolf he fought at the end, the one who in 4 seocnds of fighting Morgan surmises that he's not going to kill him...was Morgan's final blow to the head WITH HIS STICK kill the guy? That's the impression that I got...that Morgan finally snapped and took a life. When he ran up into that house, I thought he was going into the armory, and that woman was going to shoot him like Carol told her to do (shoot anything that comes in). I WAS HOPING THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN.

Oh well, like I said, I liked the IDEA this week...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:27 pm

Yeah, I didn't see that coming (although the watch bit should have been a clue).
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:33 am

Fievel wrote:Yeah, I didn't see that coming (although the watch bit should have been a clue).

I'm going with the he's not dead theory.

[COMIC SPOILERS STOP READING]

OK?

If he is...it's a totally shit death compared to the comics. Like, shit to the point where I'm insulted, and may have to reconsider watching the show. Glenn's death in the comics is one of those things that have really stuck with me. Other than some guts and the fact that it's Glenn, there is nothing particularly resonant about this death on screen.

Red herring. Or I'll be really disappointed.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby Fievel on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:30 am

I'd like to agree with you, and for the same reasons, but if he's still alive I'll actually be a little pissed.
I rewatched that scene several times. If he's still alive, his reactions at the time make no sense.
I'll be happy he's still alive, but it will take quite a bit to sell it to me.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:48 am

so... this means maggie's single again, right? :twisted:

or not. it never occurred to me that glenn might not really be dead, but hearing all the producers bend over backwards to try to not actually say "yeah, he's totally dead, ripped apart, eaten, dead" makes this whole thing feel like they're pulling a Glenn Snow. come to think of it, one of those zombies DID look quite a bit like Melisandre. if this really is one big fake-out, the producers really should have gone all in and given him the full "he's dead" treatment, let steven yuen do some interviews and lie about it, given him a memorial on their talk show, and just not leave any doubt whatsoever. that's the only way it could possibly be surprising when he DOES turn out to be alive. it's like the episode was barely finished and they all were already covering their tracks, like they were afraid all the fans would be at their throats when they found out he didn't die after all. but what's the point of that? if you're going to trick people, then JUST TRICK THEM. you can't have it both ways. and if Glenn DID die, then why the song and dance? that's even more pointless, there's nothing to gain from letting people think he might have survived only to confirm the death later on. personally i think they saw what happened with [GoT Spoilers]Jon Snow and that show, how the producers and actors were so adamant immediately following his "death" and then suddenly there's set photos and everything to prove he'll be back, but GoT is such a totally different situation... there's a book and tons of clues and setup in both the book and show for how he could come back, plus his death was in the season finale so you have a lot more time for stuff to leak before the new season... but with Glenn, he'll be back in probably a month or so, surely they could keep it secret for a month, and there's no pre-existing setup or material (not including the comic from which the show has apparently already had major deviations) hinting at ways he could come back. they should've stuck to their guns, as i imagine they had originally planned, and really tried to sell his death as real and final, and not be so wishy-washy about it.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:19 pm

Just caught up with this week's episode. As I'm reading your comments, I'm all like "how the FUCK could he possibly survive that? His guts were being eaten before his own eyes!".
BUT...hat dioshit fell on top of him, so could that have been pussy-dude's guts Glenn was watching? Then somehow he crawls under that dumpster and waits for them to disperse???? Come the fuck on, if that's the case.

And as always, rick is a badass.

So it looks like by the previews, next week could be the most boring episode of the season. A whole hour of Grasshopper dude spouting platitudes about making peace, while a montage of him practicing his cute stick moves plays will put me to sleep.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:05 am

This seems like a plausible theory.

And by "plausible" I mean "a really stupid idea that the writers of The Walking Dead would consider to be ultra-creative, and are likely just now finishing up the physical therapy involved in rehabilitating the arms they broke patting themselves on the back."
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:24 am

Fievel wrote:This seems like a plausible theory.

And by "plausible" I mean "a really stupid idea that the writers of The Walking Dead would consider to be ultra-creative, and are likely just now finishing up the physical therapy involved in rehabilitating the arms they broke patting themselves on the back."

it could be a hallucination. but if it's douchebag's hallucination, why is he hallucinating about Glenn getting his guts ripped out? i would think you would be more likely to hallucinate about your own guts getting ripped out in that situation. that's assuming your hallucination continued on after the point you hallucinatorily (that's totally a word) blew your own brains out. on the other hand, maybe it's Glenn hallucinating.

however, i'm leaning more towards the "they fucked up" theory.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:41 am

TheBaxter wrote:
Fievel wrote:This seems like a plausible theory.

it could be a hallucination. but if it's douchebag's hallucination, why is he hallucinating about Glenn getting his guts ripped out? i would think you would be more likely to hallucinate about your own guts getting ripped out in that situation. that's assuming your hallucination continued on after the point you hallucinatorily (that's totally a word) blew your own brains out. on the other hand, maybe it's Glenn hallucinating.

however, i'm leaning more towards the "they fucked up" theory.

What could be a worse outcome then Glenn getting away because he was under a body being eaten? A Bobby Ewing Dream/Hallucination from a secondary character.

If he ain't really dead, I'm pissed. I know Moo mentioned above that in the comics Glenn has some kind of noble death/sendoff, but we're not in Comic Book world on the show, so there's not really a need to follow suit*. Was it a crappy way to die, character wise? Yes. BUT, the whole episode focused on Glenn and Michonne not giving up on the new guys, and that's why Glenn got himself dead, so it is fitting in that respect.

*If this was the Game of Thrones thread, I'd be screaming bloody murder that they aren't following the books!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:04 pm

so sorry wrote:
If he ain't really dead, I'm pissed. I know Moo mentioned above that in the comics Glenn has some kind of noble death/sendoff, but we're not in Comic Book world on the show, so there's not really a need to follow suit*. Was it a crappy way to die, character wise? Yes. BUT, the whole episode focused on Glenn and Michonne not giving up on the new guys, and that's why Glenn got himself dead, so it is fitting in that respect.

*If this was the Game of Thrones thread, I'd be screaming bloody murder that they aren't following the books!

I agree that it does fit the storyline of the episode (and the few episodes before...and even the overall theme that the good are punished for being good in this world). And I definitely have accepted that this isn't the same world, but it's impossible not to draw comparisons, and the truth is that this death (if it's a death) is just incredibly weak by comparison.

It's not that Glenn's death was noble or that there was a sendoff in the comics, by the way. I wont say much but let's just say that, even for a show that has shown people's guts getting ripped out while they are alive, the killing of children (zombie and otherwise), etc, I don't know if AMC would be allowed to do a shot for shot remake of the comic death. When I say it stuck with me, I don't necessarily mean that it's warm and fuzzy feelings....but it is powerful.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby so sorry on Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:06 pm

So I googled Glenn's comic book death. Yeah, that's not making the show.

As well as Carl'slosing an eye, and Rick losing a hand.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:51 am

As expected, the backstory episode this week literally put me to sleep. I had to rewind to watch the last 10 minutes just in case they came back to the present and showed me something interesting. Which they really didn't.
I wonder if we'll ever really get an explanation about these Wolves guys philosophy of hate, or if Our Gang will just be on the move soon, just to get away from them?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:22 pm

i appreciate the attempt to slow things down and give us a change of pace after the non-stop action of the past few weeks. but one day, the people running this show will have to realize that they are not as smart or as profound as they think they are. the episode was ok for what it was, i guess it does an ok enough job of explaining where morgan got his philosophy and bo staff skillz from. though as usual, the vague elasticity of time on this show makes you wonder just how quickly he picked up those fighting skills; there's no way he got that good that fast. it takes years to develop that kind of technique, at times it came off a bit karate kid. can't wait to see the episode where morgan-san crane-kicks some zombie and his foot gets stuck in its head while zombie miyagi looks on approvingly. anyhow... i did at least manage to stay awake the whole thing. and the whole backstory of the miyagi-psychologist and his family and psychopath patient seemed REALLY familiar but i can't place it. i wasn't sure if i was having deja vu, or if the writers were having plagia-vu.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:43 pm

Jeffrey Dean Morgan Cast as MAJOR Comic Character

If you've read the comics, yes.....it's him.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:13 pm

Fievel wrote:Jeffrey Dean Morgan Cast as MAJOR Comic Character

Sounds like he'll make his debut in the finale of this season? I wonder if they'll retcon him slightly to make him leader of the Wolves, or introduce yet another bad group by the end of the year?*

*note I'm currently two eps behind on TWD, so apologies if they somehow nuked the Wolves this week and I sound dumb.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby so sorry on Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:47 pm

Sewer zombies where pretty cool.

"Dolor hic tibi proderit olim"..."This pain will be useful to you"

What was up with the final scene? Was that blood or a crack in the wall?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:04 am

they did it. they really did it.

LAME.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:57 am

TheBaxter wrote:they did it. they really did it.

LAME.

Yup. The only slightly redemption for this shit is if they follow thru with the whole Neegan comic thing.

Perhaps stupider than the return of Glen? The "sudden" collapse of that church onto the wall. Now even inanimate objects are out to kill these guys.

And the You Gotta Be Kidding Me Award this week goes to the fact that their armory is basically a wide open dining room area. No locks, no real security. Just a fucking room with windows and what not.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:15 pm

yeah, i've decided to start watching this show just imagining it takes place in an alternate universe where the average human IQ is about 30 points lower. it's the only way it makes any sense. i mean, human beings are smart and resourceful enough that the existence of zombies wouldn't lead to the sudden and complete dissolution of society. a bunch of slow, dumb zombies would not be an insurmountable problem for people with guns and cars and technology. i think that Fear the Walking Dead helped solidify how silly the entire premise of this series is. so yeah, alternate universe where people are a lot dumber than normal. it's the only answer.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:48 pm

TheBaxter wrote:yeah, i've decided to start watching this show just imagining it takes place in an alternate universe where the average human IQ is about 30 points lower. it's the only way it makes any sense.

well...it does take place in the south.

*runs*
Lord Voldemoo

Postby Fievel on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:15 am

And here's Jeffery Dean Morgan commenting on his role (spoiler-free) (language - F-bombs)
This guy......is going to be awesome in the role. I just hope they write it well.

Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:08 pm

Fievel wrote:

And here's Jeffery Dean Morgan commenting on his role (spoiler-free) (language - F-bombs)
This guy......is going to be awesome in the role. I just hope they write it well.

Couldn't agree more. really, really good choice for the role and I can't wait to see what JDM does with it.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby TheBaxter on Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:46 pm

for some reason, the past 3 weeks this show has looked HORRIBLE. it's got some kind of jittery jumping thing going on that makes the show virtually unwatchable. it doesn't do this on demand, just on the broadcast version (i checked) which means i'll be watching tonights show whenever it becomes available on demand. is anyone else noticing this? it's especially frustrating because it's only during the show itself. the commercials look fine. even the recap of last week's episode looks fine. but the episode itself, when it starts, starts having that stuttering effect.

i have verizon fios if that makes any difference. fwiw, this never happens on any other show or any other channel, and only started happening on this show a few weeks ago (the darryl episode). i don't watch any other amc shows, so i don't know if it's only TWD or other amc shows too.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:54 am

TheBaxter wrote:for some reason, the past 3 weeks this show has looked HORRIBLE. it's got some kind of jittery jumping thing going on that makes the show virtually unwatchable. it doesn't do this on demand, just on the broadcast version (i checked) which means i'll be watching tonights show whenever it becomes available on demand. is anyone else noticing this? it's especially frustrating because it's only during the show itself. the commercials look fine. even the recap of last week's episode looks fine. but the episode itself, when it starts, starts having that stuttering effect.

i have verizon fios if that makes any difference. fwiw, this never happens on any other show or any other channel, and only started happening on this show a few weeks ago (the darryl episode). i don't watch any other amc shows, so i don't know if it's only TWD or other amc shows too.

That's really weird, but no, its not happening that I know of (also verizon FIOS). then again, I never watch it live, I always watch a few days later via DVR.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:49 am

i watch it on DVR too (but usually the same night) so i don't know what's going on. all i know is, they better fix it before this show comes back in February or whenever, or i'm gonna be forced to wait for the Blu-Rays (which means i'll probably lose track of the show and forget to watch it at all)

now that i finally watched the last episode on demand, all i can say is, kinda underwhelming. it's surprising no one's bothered to repeat the cover-yourself-in-guts strategy again until this point. i'm sure there's been other situations when that could have come in handy (like glenn under the dumpster :roll: ). ironic that maggie is the new glenn: stuck on top of something with a sea of zombies below, at least she doesn't have a suicidal idiot stuck up there with her. and speaking of glenn, how did he know maggie was preggo? i thought she hadn't told him, did i miss something or just get that wrong? no significant deaths to speak of (unless you count golda meir and possibly lesbian nurse), no larry darryl or darryl either, or abraham or that other girl, thought they'd show up at some point. and kind of an odd way to end the show before such a long hiatus, lots of stuff up in the air but without really feeling like a cliffhanger exactly.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:18 am

I think the title of this episode should have been "Well, shit.". That was one of the best delivered lines of dialogue this show has ever had.

I too, was wondering about the "cover myself in zombie guts" strategy. That speaks to the total inconsistency of a show like this. Any time these guys are in distress, being followed by a herd, they only need to get a hundred yards or so ahead and cover themselves in guts, and all is well. But wait, I thought zombies were alerted BY SOUND????? Or is it SMELL? But they have rotted noses and ears (if they even have noses and ears), so how is either of that possible? Suspension of Disbelief, thy name is The Walking Dead.

God damn this show is frustrating.

Speaking of suspension of disbeleif, I just can't get over the stupid fucking Carol/Morgan/nurse/Wolf scenes. WHO THE FUCK THINKS THAT MANIAC IS GOING TO CHANGEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! Can't you do better than tie him up with a piece of CLOTH?????? I don't know, MAYBE TIE HIM TO A WALL STUD TOO SO HE CAN'T JUST GET UP AND WALK AROUND AND KILL YOU!!!!!!!

Oh hey Carl, don't mind me, I'm just going to TRY AND SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE FOR STEALING MY GIRLFRIEND!!!!!! Don't sweat it dude, I won't tell on you.

Hi Creepy Attic Kid, you listen to Tiny Tim's Tiptoe thru the Tulips as much as my daughters listen to Taylor Swift's Blank Space. I wonder if they are also dead inside, hearing me talk in slow motion. Hmmm, I wonder if you're going to blow it for everyone and start screaming when surrounded by zombies.

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:20 pm

My reaction to the whole episode - "Oh."
Felt like the next-to-last episode, rather than the mid-season finale.

I'm pretty sure Carol was rocking a zombie guts poncho when she crept up to Terminus, but I'm not 100%.

The "Epilogue"/Preview/whatever shown after with Abraham/Daryl/Sasha was better than the entire episode that preceded it.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial