The Walking Dead

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Fievel on Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:50 am

'Walking Dead' Creator Frank Darabont's Deposition Unsealed: "We Had Crisis-Level Problems"

So AMC cutting the budget by 25% was a big reason that Season 2 stayed on the farm. I guess I can dig that. (I think that was already known?)

I just don't get this bit:

On cross-examination, Mazzara was asked if he had not taken over as showrunner and Darabont had continued on Walking Dead, would that have "killed the show."

Mazarra responded, "Given the status of Episode 201, I would like to say that I did think Episode 201 was a show killer. I did say that."

Darabont reshot/did pickups to try and patch the episode together. Is Mazzara saying that didn't need to happen? Or is he saying that it would have been a show killer had Darabont not put in the extra work?

Chunks of the Deposition - some of it is interesting to read just from a WD historical perspective.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:00 am

Pretty good episode tonight. Having read the comics, so much of what happened wasn't surprising...but the "new" elements were ridiculously entertaining. I loved the solution for Negan's gang. I loved Abraham's return to Alexandria. I really loved the Alexandrians battling the fuck out of the zombies. Very entertaining.
Oh, and Jessie & family died and Carl got shot.

Quality.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:40 am

Fievel wrote:Pretty good episode tonight. Having read the comics, so much of what happened wasn't surprising...but the "new" elements were ridiculously entertaining. I loved the solution for Negan's gang. I loved Abraham's return to Alexandria. I really loved the Alexandrians battling the fuck out of the zombies. Very entertaining.
Oh, and Jessie & family died and Carl got shot.

Quality.

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised at my enjoyment level for this one. I've been seeing headlines leading up to last night saying "major characters will die" and I knew enough about the new bad guy to know it was coming, but I nearly PAMPILASH when Daryl took care of those bikers!

Yes, as always, the zombie herd is inconsistent: the little boy barely whimpered and they were on his in half a second, but later in the episode everyone was out there pushing them away like they were just old people with dementia at a retirement home.

That wolf guy was a waste of time. I guess he was supposed to help that nurse girl's character progress into some badass doctor? Whatever...

I may have to pop open a bottle of champagne when the finally do kill Glenn. All these impossibly close near misses are pissing me off!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:09 am

wait a sec!

so, all this time, people have been going around killing zombies with hammers and machetes and hatchets, shooting them in the face, running away from them, building walls and living in prisons to keep them out, covering themselves in zombie guts to walk past them safely, and so on and so on.... and now you're telling me, that whole time, all they really had to do was just light up a big fire and the zombies would have just willingly walked into it and burnt themselves to a crisp like moths to a flame?

well, i bet they feel pretty stupid now!

anyway, now that we have the solution to the zombie crisis, i'm sure people on this show will be setting fires left and right to get rid of those remaining pesky zombies. guess this show's end is in sight now. it's been fun guys!
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:31 am

Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:59 am

Daryl Loves Jesus.
I'm calling it now.

Why? Because in the comics, Jesus is Dumbledore. Daryl has had no romantic relationships, although he has cared deeply about many people - so we don't know his sexuality. There was something awkwardly comfortable about the dinner with Aaron and his partner. It would be just the bomb to drop before Negan bashes Daryl's head in with a baseball bat. I don't think that last part will happen - although it wouldn't surprise me after the increasingly pathetic Glen fake-outs.

But yeah, if I had to place a bet for the season - Daryl is Dumbledore and he will find Jesus in his bed

As far as the rest of the episode - enjoyable mostly because of the fact that we didn't have to see Rick moping by Carl's bed for three or four episodes. Jesus is a badass. And Deanna didn't look like she had been dead for two months. Two days, maybe.... but not two months.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:57 pm

they missed their opportunity when Michonne asked Rick what he did that day, and he didn't say "i found jesus"
then they could have followed that up in the last shot by having Michonne say "looks like jesus found us!"

i wasn't too impressed with this episode. once again i found myself frustrated with characters doing stupid things. "hey, we just found this truck full of food! should we take it straight back to town? nah, let's just park the truck at this gas station so we can pick up some cans of flat soda because that one girl heard her girlfriend dreaming about it or something." :roll:

i don't think they should make daryl Dumbledore. it would feel too much like a stunt at this point. sure, he hasn't shown any sexual interest in a woman on this show yet, but he hasn't shown any sexual interest in a man either. maybe he's just asexual. or he's a convicted pedophile who chose chemical castration over a prison sentence. now that would really be a surprising development.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:03 pm

TheBaxter wrote:i don't think they should make daryl Dumbledore. it would feel too much like a stunt at this point. sure, he hasn't shown any sexual interest in a woman on this show yet, but he hasn't shown any sexual interest in a man either. maybe he's just asexual. or he's a convicted pedophile who chose chemical castration over a prison sentence. now that would really be a surprising development.

He wears a red bandanna in his right back pocket......
Well what the hell does THAT mean?!?!?
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:26 pm

Fievel wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:i don't think they should make daryl Dumbledore. it would feel too much like a stunt at this point. sure, he hasn't shown any sexual interest in a woman on this show yet, but he hasn't shown any sexual interest in a man either. maybe he's just asexual. or he's a convicted pedophile who chose chemical castration over a prison sentence. now that would really be a surprising development.

He wears a red bandanna in his right back pocket......
Well what the hell does THAT mean?!?!?

That all sounds way too complicated. A Dumbledore co-worker once told me that if you're looking for action you just walk up to the guy and put your hand on his junk. But he's a young dude and in the age of Grinder and such it probably pays to be forward.

I have not watched this television show in years.
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY

Postby Fievel on Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:56 am

Rick, covered in blood - "What?"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That and the Bisquick line. Funny stuff.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:23 am

TheBaxter wrote:t wasn't too impressed with this episode. once again i found myself frustrated with characters doing stupid things. "hey, we just found this truck full of food! should we take it straight back to town? nah, let's just park the truck at this gas station so we can pick up some cans of flat soda because that one girl heard her girlfriend dreaming about it or something." :roll: .

I'm an episode behind...just watched the Jesus one last night.

Not driving the truck AND the car back immediately is just god-damned stupid.

This Jesus guys...so he's another impossibly-badass guy like the ninja-bo stick fella? Great. If they can just recruit one or two more, then they'll have enough X-Men level badasses to take over the world.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:20 pm

so sorry wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:t wasn't too impressed with this episode. once again i found myself frustrated with characters doing stupid things. "hey, we just found this truck full of food! should we take it straight back to town? nah, let's just park the truck at this gas station so we can pick up some cans of flat soda because that one girl heard her girlfriend dreaming about it or something." :roll: .

I'm an episode behind...just watched the Jesus one last night.

Not driving the truck AND the car back immediately is just god-damned stupid.

This Jesus guys...so he's another impossibly-badass guy like the ninja-bo stick fella? Great. If they can just recruit one or two more, then they'll have enough X-Men level badasses to take over the world.

just wait a few seasons for when someone finally remembers that they can simply lure zombies to their deaths with fire, then they'll be unstoppable.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:20 am

I think these episodes in the second half are some of the best in a while.

In all the pre-Negan hype, I keep waiting for the moment that a main character (not even necessarily the same character as the comics) is killed by either Negan or the Saviors. After Glenn's multiple fake deaths, and knowing whathappens in the comics, there is this uneasy tension that any moment is going to bring that moment where someone dies. I thought someone in Rick's group was going to get killed last week. I thought Carol would get it this week.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:33 am

not a fan of wimpy carol.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:42 am

I'm not a fan, either, but I'm buying it. Although I do wish they'd have spread her self-doubt over more episodes.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:51 am

I'm still one episode behind, but I'd have to agree, wimpy Carol seems oddly out of place. I guess having a crisis of faith (in this case the "faith" being the ability to kill anyone that remotely stands in your way) is fine and well, but her timing is really REALLY bad. Too bad Rick couldn't recognize that Carol was "off" when he told her he needed her on the frontal assault. He could have reassured her somehow ("hey, when we get back home, we'll have a nice cup of tea and discuss why its necessary to brutally assassinate people in their sleep, mmmkay?").

Speaking of brutal assassinations, man, that was kinda tough to watch Glenn slowly kill those dudes. I won't mention how stupid it was that the knife went in their skulls like a Ginsu going into a tomato, or the fact that there was zero bodily reaction from getting stabbed in the head. Oh wait, I just did... and of course, just in case you started to feel bad for these guys, they had to linger on the Polaroids of the head bashings that this guy jerks off to at night. Remember kids, THESE guys are bad!

Too bad it was painfully obvious that Our Gang's infiltration went too smoothly without having a hiccup.

Sidenote: something about this Jesus guy seems off to me. I think he looks like he's wearing a fake beard or something.

Sidenote 2: so Father Gabriel's transformation from pussy-ass psycho to rambo-ass psycho seems complete.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:37 am

i guess they're trying to say that carol is starting to be influence by bo-stick man's "no killing" philosophy. but based on how things went down with the wolves, if anyone should be having second thoughts, it's him, not her. she was the one who was in the right. by keeping that dude alive, he nearly got a bunch of their people killed. by leaving the other wolves alive, he got their whole compound attacked. hardly seems like a convincing argument to make carol start doubting herself.

i thought the whole hyperventilating, jesus-worshipping act was a put-on to make them let their guard down. and it was. but then afterwards it turns out it was apparently less of a put-on than it seemed. she can still step up when she has to, but it weakens her overall. this isn't the same carol that killed that little girl because she was obsessed with zombies, or who singlehandedly tracked and rescued the group from the cannibal corps. that carol was badasss. this one kinda sucks.

i liked alicia witt on the show. too bad she was one and done.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:19 pm

So who's going to die next Sunday?
-Abraham
-Glenn
-Morgan
-Carol
-Sasha
-Rosita
-Daryl
-Michonne

(anyone else?)

I think everyone but Daryl, Carol, and Michonne will die.
I think there's going to be a purge of the cast. That will be the "twist" that ups the ante from the original comic story.

And also, I just wanted to say that this second half of the season has been more entertaining than the show has offered in a long time.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:19 am

Fievel wrote:So who's going to die next Sunday?
-Abraham
-Glenn
-Morgan
-Carol
-Sasha
-Rosita
-Daryl
-Michonne

(anyone else?)

I think everyone but Daryl, Carol, and Michonne will die.
I think there's going to be a purge of the cast. That will be the "twist" that ups the ante from the original comic story.

And also, I just wanted to say that this second half of the season has been more entertaining than the show has offered in a long time.

i think they're going to try to do a fake-out. everyone knows glenn is supposed to die. and they've been fake killing him all season long. so they're going to make it look like Negan's gonna kill glenn, but then he's gonna kill someone else instead (probably carol or michonne). and then when you think glenn is safe again, THEN they'll kill him too.
it's no longer a shock or surprise on this show when someone gets killed off. so they have to raise the ante by killing off TWO characters. and major ones. the only other major character on that list is daryl. the others are important to varying degrees, but those 3 and glenn have been around the longest and would have the biggest impact. i think daryl is safe though (well as safe as you can be with a huge gunshot to the shoulder), so it's between the other two. carol or michonne. i'm kinda hoping carol cause it seems like her character's run its course, and they've kinda ruined her these past few episodes with her 'crisis of faith' or whatever. michonne would be interesting in how it would affect rick though.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby papalazeru on Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:11 pm

Every time I watch Walking Dead it seems to fly by, it's so entertaining.

And the f**k has happen to The Bazookas!!!! Get those bad boys out and start causing some damage.

Daryl's tempted fate for a long time, if he does die, I wouldn't say it's a surprise but I'd be damned sad to see him go. Michonne I preferred when she was a proper badass but she seems to have softened up a little too much.

I don't think Glenn's ready to go and if he does, it has to be in a blaze of glory.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby so sorry on Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:35 pm

Fuck this show up its fucking ass.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Ribbons on Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:39 pm

That good, huh?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheBaxter on Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:45 pm

not cool, man. not cool.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:41 am

I hope the cast member knows.
Seriously.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:29 am

what really sucks is, the whole scene leading up to the very end with Negan was really very good and suspenseful. i don't read the comics, but i know what happens in the comics, so the question of whether it would be the person from the comics who gets it, or a different person, or two people, or nobody (that would've sucked), was all the suspense they needed. even after the deed was done, there's still plenty of "cliffhanger" material: what happens to rick and carl and whoever else didn't get an at-bat? but the scene was so good, and JDM as Negan was so good, and everything worked so well, they didn't need this cheap trick at the end. now, instead of having all that suspense and tension pay off with a great ending to the scene, we'll end up finding out who it was probably sometime this summer or whenever they start filming again. there is NO WAY they will be able to keep it a secret. so now instead of finding out through the show and the story, the way it should be, we'll find this out from some stupid internet leak or spoiler article. i mean, GoT couldn't keep Jon Snow's return a secret, what makes them think they can keep this secret? even if they don't know themselves yet who they're going to kill off, they'll know it by the time they start filming. and even if they film multiple versions of different people getting killed, we'll still be able to figure it out from subsequent episode scripts. this is just incredibly stupid. i thought the glenn fake-death dumpster-diving thing was stupid, but this takes it to another level. the writers and producers of this show have finally sunk to the same level of dumbness as the characters they're writing.

i refuse to even speculate on who got killed. i am boycotting any post-cliffhanger speculation of this stupid ending.

i will give them credit for one thing though: scheduling this episode at the same time as opening day for baseball was clever.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:01 am

TheBaxter wrote:what really sucks is, the whole scene leading up to the very end with Negan was really very good and suspenseful. i don't read the comics, but i know what happens in the comics, so the question of whether it would be the person from the comics who gets it, or a different person, or two people, or nobody (that would've sucked), was all the suspense they needed. even after the deed was done, there's still plenty of "cliffhanger" material: what happens to rick and carl and whoever else didn't get an at-bat? but the scene was so good, and JDM as Negan was so good, and everything worked so well, they didn't need this cheap trick at the end. now, instead of having all that suspense and tension pay off with a great ending to the scene, we'll end up finding out who it was probably sometime this summer or whenever they start filming again. there is NO WAY they will be able to keep it a secret. so now instead of finding out through the show and the story, the way it should be, we'll find this out from some stupid internet leak or spoiler article. i mean, GoT couldn't keep Jon Snow's return a secret, what makes them think they can keep this secret? even if they don't know themselves yet who they're going to kill off, they'll know it by the time they start filming. and even if they film multiple versions of different people getting killed, we'll still be able to figure it out from subsequent episode scripts. this is just incredibly stupid. i thought the glenn fake-death dumpster-diving thing was stupid, but this takes it to another level. the writers and producers of this show have finally sunk to the same level of dumbness as the characters they're writing.

i will give them credit for one thing though: scheduling this episode at the same time as opening day for baseball was clever.

I'm at a loss. I really can't believe they ended it like that after this season's "who will it be?" build up. And I'm upset at myself for getting so red faced mad at these assholes considering how stupid I think this show is. And to make matters for me even worse last night, I watched is live, vs. DVR during the week like I normally do. So I was unable to fast forward thru the even-dumber "Fear the Walking Dead" promos. It sure felt like there were 30 minutes of commercials in that 90 minute episode.
Some random order thoughts on the other parts of the episode:
These Saviors sure are smart. They literally had every road leading out of Alexandria blocked off, even to the point of a serious tree clearing blockade, and were just sitting around waiting for a Road Trip from Rick and crew?
I guess in the aftermath of a global collapse your world really shrinks to whats right in front of you...the Gang has been at Alexandria for the better part of a year now (that's just my guess), and in the past few weeks they JUST discovered a pretty close community (Hilltop) even though they go out on scavenger hunts and recruitment sorties often. And how can a group as large as the Saviors (I'm guessing in the 100s) go unnoticed this long? They are terrorizing all the communities around them, they just happen to miss Alexandria this whole time? This can probably be explained reasonably, I'm just not in the mood to be reasonable with this show right now.
Neegan seemed like a cool Bad Guy. It will be interesting to see how Rick and his "never give in" attitude will play out. Regular Rick's plan is kill em all revenge level 11, but clearly he can't take these guys on do to numbers and strategy. Maybe in "real life" the Alexandrians would just resolve to give half their shit (which is what, really? Real estate?) and live on like that. But this is a TV show, the Good Guys need Bad Guys to fight, so somehow Rick will figure out how to kill Neegan, and I guess once you cut the head off the snake the body will die kinda thing? But of course, that will be NEXT year's cliffhanger.
I'm not overly happy with whats going on with Carol, but I can see how it could happen. Is it really out of character for her to have a serious crisis of faith (faith in killing everyone that is)? I guess not. I'd still rather have bad ass Carol, and maybe when she heals up with the Road Warrior crew she'll find a happy middle ground (of killing people!) and come to the rescue again. Morgan still confuses and confounds me, but I guess that's his whole point on the show.
The hanging of that random dude (was I supposed to know who he was?) was a little disturbing. And the camera lingered extra long on his swinging body, I can't believe he didn't reanimate as a zombie right before the scene ended...
Who's left in Alexandria at this point? Gabriel and Judith?
Finally, my guess at who got the bat to the head is Abraham. He not one of the Main Characters, but he's damn close enough to have an emotional impact for getting offed. He's big and tough so the "boy you can take a beating" comment from Neegan makes more sense than a sick Maggie or a shot in the shoulder Daryl. When they showed a commercial for Darryl's new reality show (about riding motorcycles????) I'm sure a ton of viewers immediately thought he was getting the bat. I know Rick's dead in the comics at this point (right?), but I just don't see this show EVER killing him or Carl. They are untouchable. That leaves Abraham or Glenn. And I think its Big Red.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:21 am

Fievel wrote:I hope the cast member knows.
Seriously.

i guess now we know why so many of the cast said this script made them angry.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:46 pm

I reread issue 100 (that mirrors the season finale), and rewatched the final scene of the season finale.
They got it right, in my opinion.

When I first read that issue 4 years ago, that scene affected me harshly. Not only was a great character killed, but the manner in which it occurred was so brutal.... so brutal that it transcended the medium and made me feel physically ill.

What I wrote in the Walking Dead comic thread:

Fievel wrote:If you're caught up..... I have to say.... Glen's death was easily THE most crushing moment out of the entire series for me. More than when Rick's baby was shot (that was just pure shock - no emotion there). I don't know if it was the way they died, or the gore. I don't know if it was the liking of the TV character. But when that character died I wanted to vomit. My stomach just dropped and I felt nauseous.

Re-reading it after watching that episode.... I still felt that way a bit. I mean, after that initial blow to the head Negan's talking to him as if there's still a chance he will survive. Then they show his head..... and then the beatings continue. And all of this happening to a character who was great in the comics, and by that time brilliantly personified on television. It's not like they shot him, or a walker bit him, or even a group of walkers tore him apart. No. A single man beat him to death with a baseball bat.

Watching it go down in the TV show, you see it from the victim's perspective. This is an event that has been laid out in black in white for four years now - and now we see it from the victim's perspective. Add to that the mystery of who the victim is, and I believe there lies a genius adaptation of the scene. Why genius and not a cop-out? Because this will be talked about all summer long until the season premiere. It is already being dissected all over the internet. Theories are popping up everywhere. But can it be called a cheat for the viewers? Sure. But what would the victim's identity done for the viewers? Nothing. We'd be able to say "Welp, it sucks that so-and-so is dead!" and then wait for the premiere to see what happens next. By withholding the victim, we're left to speculate and talk about it. And that's exactly what the powers-that-be want.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:33 pm

agree to disagree.

and i won't be speculating or dissecting or any of that shit with this shitty episode. i'm just going to do my best to forget about it (and avoid the inevitable mid-summer spoiling of who actually died) until next season.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:28 pm

Fievel wrote:I reread issue 100 (that mirrors the season finale), and rewatched the final scene of the season finale.
They got it right, in my opinion.

When I first read that issue 4 years ago, that scene affected me harshly. Not only was a great character killed, but the manner in which it occurred was so brutal.... so brutal that it transcended the medium and made me feel physically ill.

What I wrote in the Walking Dead comic thread:

Fievel wrote:If you're caught up..... I have to say.... Glen's death was easily THE most crushing moment out of the entire series for me. More than when Rick's baby was shot (that was just pure shock - no emotion there). I don't know if it was the way they died, or the gore. I don't know if it was the liking of the TV character. But when that character died I wanted to vomit. My stomach just dropped and I felt nauseous.

Re-reading it after watching that episode.... I still felt that way a bit. I mean, after that initial blow to the head Negan's talking to him as if there's still a chance he will survive. Then they show his head..... and then the beatings continue. And all of this happening to a character who was great in the comics, and by that time brilliantly personified on television. It's not like they shot him, or a walker bit him, or even a group of walkers tore him apart. No. A single man beat him to death with a baseball bat.

Watching it go down in the TV show, you see it from the victim's perspective. This is an event that has been laid out in black in white for four years now - and now we see it from the victim's perspective. Add to that the mystery of who the victim is, and I believe there lies a genius adaptation of the scene. Why genius and not a cop-out? Because this will be talked about all summer long until the season premiere. It is already being dissected all over the internet. Theories are popping up everywhere. But can it be called a cheat for the viewers? Sure. But what would the victim's identity done for the viewers? Nothing. We'd be able to say "Welp, it sucks that so-and-so is dead!" and then wait for the premiere to see what happens next. By withholding the victim, we're left to speculate and talk about it. And that's exactly what the powers-that-be want.

Yeah I gotta disagree as well. Ending it the way they did, the next season is going to waste time (one episode? Two?) on the drama of the bat to the head/who died before we move forward.

What I would have liked to see is who died THIS season, spend the off-season talking about said-dead person, then start the next season with how the characters are living with their new situation (under the thumb of the new bad guy, dealing with the anguish etc).

I understand fully that its still going to happen in sequence like that, but to push the "who's dead" into the next season is a TOTAL gimmick, and it meant that this season didn't "end" IMO.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:54 pm

i didn't care much for season one of FTWD, and i was on the fence about whether to keep watching this season. but the TWD finale helped make up my mind: i'll be giving FTWD a pass from now on.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:56 pm

FTWD had a really strong beginning in its season premiere....then we were left with a bunch of shitty characters. I think the series would be so much better if they killed off most of the lead characters.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Ribbons on Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:45 pm

This is the best Walking Dead episode ever:

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:43 am

the only thing i remember from after having my wisdom teeth out, is that suddenly every mailbox we passed on the way home was COMPLETELY HILARIOUS.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:15 am

Ribbons wrote:This is the best Walking Dead episode ever:

Agreed!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:38 am

Well that was disturbing.

And boring.

But mostly disturbing.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:59 am

well, they didn't hold back. so that was good.
i avoided any information or spoilers about this show, so at least i went into it fresh (apparently the deaths got spoiled over the summer as i assumed they would, so congrats to me for ignoring anything related to this show until now). when abraham got it, it felt a bit like a cop-out... just not as invested in that character as the one who dies in the book.... but then when glenn got it too, i felt a bit better about things.
this would have been an excellent season finale... as a premiere, i'm still pissed they pulled this stunt and made us wait this long. and all of glenn's fake deaths from last season feel even more silly now.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:06 am

The thing that kept bothering me as Negan dragged on and on AND ON about beating down Rick was, why the fuck invest that much effort into breaking the will of the one guy that clearly was the leader and most likely to betray you? Just beat Rick's head in, and assume that his remaining flock will now follow you out of fear.

EDIT:

I guess that helps it make some sense...Negen sees the best way to control the Alexandrians is to show them their "fearless leader" broken down and turned into a bitch.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:34 pm

it makes sense if you think he thinks he can control Rick enough to use Rick to control the rest of his group. and obviously it's worked for him so far, typically the groups we've seen up to now have had fairly weak leaders, so he's probably been used to being able to break them and turn them into his own lackeys without any problems. obviously Rick will turn out to be different, and we'll all be looking forward to the moment when Rick and the group get their payback, but Negan doesn't know that yet. to him they're just another group of survivors, not the baddest bunch of survivors on the east coast.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:28 pm

TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:53 am

So I am 1 episode behind right now...just watched the King Ezekiel one.

Uh...it certainly helped when he ultimately fessed up to Carol that it was all an act, but still....so over the top campy dialogue had me groaning. I'm sure we'll be treated to a scene eventually where the "tame" tiger rips somebody to shreds too.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:15 am

so sorry wrote:So I am 1 episode behind right now...just watched the King Ezekiel one.

Uh...it certainly helped when he ultimately fessed up to Carol that it was all an act, but still....so over the top campy dialogue had me groaning. I'm sure we'll be treated to a scene eventually where the "tame" tiger rips somebody to shreds too.

That was one element from the comics that I had hoped would not be in the show. The character of Ezekiel is okay and all, but the tiger? Really? It was ridiculous in the comics and even more ridiculous on screen. Sorry PETA, but that CGI abomination has got to go! I love the look of the armored patrols of The Kingdom, though.

This week's episode was okay, but we're now in the middle of TWD's typical "Let's take a step back and slowly focus on individuals/small groups while you catch your breath"-mode that they tend to fall into after a major death.

So where is Tara (actress was pregnant last season)? Heath (is starring in the new 24 series)?

Why doesn't Judith age?

Does Jesus believe in Jesus?
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:28 pm

They can kill off the Grimes family......just leave Maggie. I'm liking where they're taking her (on par with the comics). Badass Maggie is a whole lot more interesting than most of the other characters.

Also..... comics readers..... from the previews, it looks like The Whisperers are coming! I didn't anticipate the show catching up to the comics this fast..... but okay.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:12 pm

Fievel wrote:......

I'd love to react to your last two posts...but I'm three episodes behind at this point! But I'll be back to comment eventually!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:33 am

last night's episode was terrible. one of the worst i can remember since they were stuck on that farm arguing forever in season 2.
who the fuck gives a shit about tara. this is not a character who needs a full episode all to herself. total filler. let's put the lesbian on lesbos island, and try to do a bunch of awkward humor, for no point whatsoever.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:01 pm

After the first couple of commercial breaks, when it became obvious that Tara's story was the only one of the night, I knew it would be a shit episode. Tara could have found the cause and the cure of the outbreak and it still would have been a shit episode. She is such a horribly written character. All of the little awkward jokes..... they aren't funny, they don't enhance the character at all, and most of them are performed horribly. It's like George Lucas directed this episode.

And call me an asshole, but the actress ballooned like a whale when she got pregnant. Good for her, the actress! I mean, I'm not going to fault her for carrying on with her life. But the show did little to hide it.

And Heath?
That's a character we've barely known, and now the show may have lost him to that new 24 series. Either shit or get off the pot with these characters - kill him or give him a specific journey. I'm so tired of fake-out deaths and mystery disappearances.

Oh, and so those Whisperers-looking zombies were just zombies covered in sand? Boo.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:00 pm

Still a few espisodes behind (I think I just watched the Ep 3 last night), came in here anyway because I have to vent:

This fucking Negan character is so god damn stupid. I don't know how closely he is portrayed to the comics, but show wise its laughably cartoony bad. And I'm sorry, but the actor is hamming it up like nobodies business. Go back and watch any scene he's in... EVERY FUCKING LINE HE DELIVERS, HE SLOUCHES HIS SHOULDERS BACK, LIKE ANDREW DICE CLAY DELIVERING A DIRTY NURSERY RYHME. I can't stand it.
Nevermind the fact that Rick and Co apparently had a big enough arsenal (and willpower) to defend Alexandria from a small army. Nevermind the fact that its obvious that without such a "charismatic" leader as Negan, the rest of the Saviors would descend into disarray and probably become neutered. Nevermind the fact that Rick stupidly decided NOT to hide/bury another small arsenal in the week leading up to their arrival. Easy enough to fix their prescious inventory books. And wait a minute, this whole time no one was allowed to have a gun without it being signed out? When did I miss that piece of information?

I guess that the series mid season finale is when the Hilltop guys get together with the Alexandria guys and the King Tiger guy and fight back?

And thanks for the head's up on the Tara episode...I'll be skipping that one for sure.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:32 pm

so sorry wrote:Still a few espisodes behind (I think I just watched the Ep 3 last night), came in here anyway because I have to vent:

This fucking Negan character is so god damn stupid. I don't know how closely he is portrayed to the comics, but show wise its laughably cartoony bad. And I'm sorry, but the actor is hamming it up like nobodies business. Go back and watch any scene he's in... EVERY FUCKING LINE HE DELIVERS, HE SLOUCHES HIS SHOULDERS BACK, LIKE ANDREW DICE CLAY DELIVERING A DIRTY NURSERY RYHME. I can't stand it.
Nevermind the fact that Rick and Co apparently had a big enough arsenal (and willpower) to defend Alexandria from a small army. Nevermind the fact that its obvious that without such a "charismatic" leader as Negan, the rest of the Saviors would descend into disarray and probably become neutered. Nevermind the fact that Rick stupidly decided NOT to hide/bury another small arsenal in the week leading up to their arrival. Easy enough to fix their prescious inventory books. And wait a minute, this whole time no one was allowed to have a gun without it being signed out? When did I miss that piece of information?

I guess that the series mid season finale is when the Hilltop guys get together with the Alexandria guys and the King Tiger guy and fight back?

And thanks for the head's up on the Tara episode...I'll be skipping that one for sure.

little miss muffet sat on her tuffet, eating her curds and whey
along came a Walker, who sat down beside her, and said "hey! what's in the bowl, bitch!"
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:19 pm

Fievel wrote:And call me an asshole, but the actress ballooned like a whale when she got pregnant. Good for her, the actress! I mean, I'm not going to fault her for carrying on with her life. But the show did little to hide it.

here's what Tara has to say to you!

personally, i thought she looked a little chunky, but to be honest, i've paid so little attention to that character that i had no idea if something had changed or she'd always looked that way.
one thing i know for sure: she could be as thin as a broom stick, and that episode would still have been equally sucky.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:09 pm

i think she is getting more attention for this than she ever has for her acting on the show.....and she was counting on it

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial