The Walking Dead

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:29 pm

so, Carl sneaks into the Saviors compound in the back of a truck, with a fully loaded assault weapon, shoots one guy down, and then Negan just walks out non-chalantly right out into the open, and Carl DOESN'T shoot him? what the fucking fuck? what was the whole point of him sneaking into the compound except to kill Negan? don't tell me he thought he was going to just hide in the truck til after nightfall and then somehow find Negan, silently sneak up and kill him all ninja-like, and then sneak back out? that was a suicide mission... and even if it wasn't, the moment Negan walked out, it turned into one, and he had to know that was his once chance to take him out (well, except for the way Negan just casually gives EVERYBODY chances to shoot him or whack him upside the head with his own bat, which is really straining credulity now, any guy with as many enemies as him would've gotten fragged by now being so careless with their own safety).

fucking dumb if you ask me.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:29 am

the ending with the close-ups of all the different characters faces after they re-united was a bit too schmaltzy for me.

so i presume the comic book readers out there know who the guy in the boots is. is this someone we should be excited about seeing soon?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:53 am

I actually thought it was the first decent episode in a while......except for that ending! My biggest complaint was the number of dramatic moments that were forced a bit too much. Gabriel's speech to Rosita (which I thought was good) was followed by the cheesy walk out of the church. Little things like that. Just made the scene go from good to unnatural.

I read the comics and have no idea who Mr. Snakeskin Boots is.

I knew Spencer was going to die. And that made me happy. The lady getting shot was a surprise, but one that carried no weight for me. I think my response was an audible "oh."

Aaron is turning into a badass, and I wholeheartedly endorse that progression. He's always been a cool character, but now he's developing a much-needed edge.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:27 pm

So, um....bump?

Anyone care to explain the explosive wire across the road thing to me? I spaced out for a few seconds, then all of a sudden there was a mad dash to get the explosives before the INCREDIBLY FAST moving herd showed up. Neegan put the wires up? He's herding a herd somewhere?

And did anyone else immediately think of the movie The Warriors right at the end, when the band of hipster douchbag Millennials showed up? They reminded me of the Orphans gang.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:11 pm

i think the wire of explosives was a trap to protect the Saviors "home base" from that herd of zombies. how they knew there was a herd of zombies, and that the herd would be coming down that particular road towards their home, is something i have no answers for.

overall i thought it was a pretty solid episode. at least stuff happened. and most of the characters we actually know and are interested in were involved in some way, rather than just focusing on side characters nobody cares about like the 1st half of the season did too much. decent enough set up of the two other communities, both of whose leaders who, for very different reasons, don't want to join the fight. no doubt the hilltop guy is gonna get overthrown (surprised it hasn't happened already) while Ezekiel will change his mind, probably after the Saviors commit some particularly bad atrocity against his people. how long til the "girl nobody knows or cares about" breaks down and reveals the presence of that all-womyn commune she got captured by to rick and co.? so it's pretty obvious the direction this season will go in, i kind of hope though that this season doesn't end with the inevitable Rick vs. Negan battle in which of course Negan gets beaten/killed and things go back to "normal". Negan and Saviors are (or are supposed to be) a much bigger and more formidable enemy than the Governor or any of the other opponents Rick has faced; this should be a long-term war that takes place over several seasons, not something that gets resolved with a single battle. Rick can win back Alexandria's independence by the end of the season, but Negan/Saviors should still be around as a threat, of equal power, with some ongoing strategy and fight for supremacy between them before Rick ultimately wins out. this war shouldn't be that easy.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:05 pm

TheBaxter wrote:i think the wire of explosives was a trap to protect the Saviors "home base" from that herd of zombies. how they knew there was a herd of zombies, and that the herd would be coming down that particular road towards their home, is something i have no answers for.

And Rick's plan to steal the explosives has a dual purpose then? A) they get explosives, and B) they open the gate for a hoard to come to Neegan's doorstep?

TheBaxter wrote:at least stuff happened.

True. I really could do without the Shakespearean acting by Ezekiel, but hey, that's what his character is all about I guess.

TheBaxter wrote:Negan and Saviors are (or are supposed to be) a much bigger and more formidable enemy than the Governor or any of the other opponents Rick has faced; this should be a long-term war that takes place over several seasons, not something that gets resolved with a single battle. Rick can win back Alexandria's independence by the end of the season, but Negan/Saviors should still be around as a threat, of equal power, with some ongoing strategy and fight for supremacy between them before Rick ultimately wins out. this war shouldn't be that easy.

Nobody's got the patience for this show to drag out a war ala Game of Thrones. Might be becuase the characters are so paper thin that seeing them on screen for too long just presents a problem with the fans? If I have to see Neegan's shoulder-dip continue for more than the rest of this year I might have to quit this show.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:07 pm

so sorry wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:i think the wire of explosives was a trap to protect the Saviors "home base" from that herd of zombies. how they knew there was a herd of zombies, and that the herd would be coming down that particular road towards their home, is something i have no answers for.

And Rick's plan to steal the explosives has a dual purpose then? A) they get explosives, and B) they open the gate for a hoard to come to Neegan's doorstep?

except they left behind that one stick of dynamite and it went boom. but i guess it wasn't big enough to take out the whole herd. plus they sliced through a whole bunch of them too.
i think Rick was mainly after getting the explosives. who knows if that herd would've actually made it to Negan's Place, and whether they would've been able to do any damage there if they did. seems Negan's Place is pretty well protected.
and thinking back on it again, maybe Negan was trying to herd the herd somehow instead of just blowing them up, he did use zombies to attack the hilltop after all. the more i think about it, the less sure i am about it.

so sorry wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:at least stuff happened.

True. I really could do without the Shakespearean acting by Ezekiel, but hey, that's what his character is all about I guess.

i can put up with it, at least knowing that it's all just an act. though it's a bit surprising so many people take him at face value. you'd think they'd either a) see through his act, or b) believe him and think he's crazy and not want to follow him. but then again, trump, so, y'know...

so sorry wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:Negan and Saviors are (or are supposed to be) a much bigger and more formidable enemy than the Governor or any of the other opponents Rick has faced; this should be a long-term war that takes place over several seasons, not something that gets resolved with a single battle. Rick can win back Alexandria's independence by the end of the season, but Negan/Saviors should still be around as a threat, of equal power, with some ongoing strategy and fight for supremacy between them before Rick ultimately wins out. this war shouldn't be that easy.

Nobody's got the patience for this show to drag out a war ala Game of Thrones. Might be becuase the characters are so paper thin that seeing them on screen for too long just presents a problem with the fans? If I have to see Neegan's shoulder-dip continue for more than the rest of this year I might have to quit this show.

let's not even try to compare this show to GoT. i can barely enjoy it as it is.
i'm just saying, we need something to change things up from the old "Rick and Co. fight and defeat some new group of enemies" cycle that this show keeps repeating. The Governor, The Wolves, Terminus... we don't need to see yet another version of that story.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:29 pm

They’re like a community theatre group made up exclusively of Nine Inch Nails fans that decided to start a cult.

Man if that isn't an accurate description of those fucking dumpster dudes I don't know what is. So god damn stupid. Hopefully they're done with as far as wasting TV time, and they just show up again in the main battle as cannon fodder for Rick.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:11 pm

yeah, the dumpster people annoyed me too. especially how they all seem to have lost the ability to form coherent sentences. why? maybe that would make sense if they were made up of little kids who were too young to learn a decent vocabulary before the zombie apocalypse. but these were adults. the idea that they somehow became gibbering idiots over the 3 years* or so since the show began, is pretty stupid.

also, now that they are up in virginia, instead of atlanta, shouldn't they be having seasons now? like, spring, winter and fall? i guess snow would be too expensive for their budget down in atlanta. but it would be cool to see them out searching for food and supplies after a blizzard, walking through a field of 2-3' of snow, and suddenly seeing a bunch of zombies rising out of the snow all around them.

* calculated via Judith time, in which the zombie apocalypse began approximately the same time Judith was conceived, give (Rick) or take (Shane) a month. since she's currently a toddler of about 2, add 9 months and it's been roughly 3 years.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:59 pm

I mean they were laugh out load rediculous right? The hair, the language, the clothes, the walking around in weird patterns (like a flash mob before they begin to dance), and maybe weirdest of all, their creed of "do nothing, just take" or whatever shit she said. They sat around and WAITED and WATCHED someone take those supplies off of that house boat, and then followed them, waited a few months, then stole it? HUH?

PS Rick, after rolling around in garbage with a gaping hole in your hand caused by sharp metal protruding from a rotting corpse head, you better get a tetanus shot my friend!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:51 pm

he was really exaggerating that post-fight limp too. probably angling on getting some extra TLC from michonne back home.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:08 pm

"Reasons Donald Trump Won* the Election" Example #859: store pulls Walking Dead t-shirt over complaints it is racist

seriously?!?!? even if you didn't know the show was the source of that image and phrase... there is NOTHING inherently racist about the "eeny meeny miny moe" rhyme. just because you once heard someone use a modified version that used a racist term, doesn't mean the phrase itself is racist. you could insert the N-word into ANY rhyme or song or whatever and turn it into something racist. most of the complaints over political correctness are overblown, but when you have something ridiculous like this, it just reinforces those people's ideas that everything is too PC and gives them excuses to ignore other legitimate complaints and be as racist/sexist/bigoted/prejudiced as they want to be.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:42 pm

For a filler episode, I actually liked a lot about this one. I really enjoy the basic "scavenger" adventures that these people would have to do and would love to see more. I just wish there wasn't always some major battle waiting in the upcoming weeks. I mean, if they ended up hitting the road in the future and hitting up some shopping malls, Costcos, and Home Depots.....that would be awesome to me. But then, I'm also wondering why they aren't looking into any of the major military installations in the DC/VA area for supplies.

Major gripe - Rosita. The Angry Act is stale and overdone (writing and acting). Yes, Tara's Sunshine and Rainbows/Everything's Gonna Be Alright routine is annoying as well, but I'd rather see a little obvious insanity to go with Rosita's anger than just the anger alone.

Minor Gripe - the Rick fake-out. I only award it as being minor because it obviously wasn't meant to fool the audience, just Michonne. Well, maybe it was meant to fool us....but regardless of what the producers and writers say about everyone being expendable, Rick isn't going to die.

But with Sasha starring in the new Star Trek series, she is going to die.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:30 am

that episode was all over the place for me. basically i liked the Rick/Michonne stuff (until the end) and disliked everything else.

The Good - the Rick/Michonne dynamic in general, and especially their teamwork on taking on the zombies, though even so there were parts that rubbed me wrong... like laughing after falling through the roof. how many times have we seen people fall through a roof or otherwise end up unexpectedly in the midst of a zombie horde? they couldn't have known there weren't a ton of zombies somewhere in that building, so just laying there laughing was pretty dumb. but overall the dynamic between them splitting up to take out the zombies and get the guns was good. well, until the end...

The Bad - everything without Rick/Michonne. and especially Rosita. she's become the stereotypical hot-headed Latina and it's sad that writers can't think of anything better to do with a female Latina character than to make her angry and one-dimensional. it's such a lazy stereotype and ain't doing any favors for the show or the character.

The Ugly - Tara

haha. j/k. go ahead and call me sexist now, i don't care.

but the real ugly was the deer/Rick fakeout. not so much the fakeout itself (though it was bad mostly as a reminder of the way worse Glenn/dumpster fakeout) but for MIchonne's reaction to it, which was basically to give herself up and prepare to let herself be eaten when she though Rick had died. it's just so out of character for her and a really dumb reaction for anyone on this show to have at this point. i know she and RIck are supposed to be "in lurve" and all, but everyone on this show has seen people they were close to die horrible deaths by now, and the immediate reaction shouldn't be shock and giving up. even more dumb since she didn't actually see it was Rick, but just assumed it was him being eaten. she didn't know the deer was there, but still, i would expect her to fight through the zombies to see for herself that it was really Rick at the bottom of that pile, not just assume it was him.

also, the dumpster people are still really fucking stupid.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:13 pm

This episode was neither here nor there for me either, and for most part, a waste of time. Just adding in some still character moments thinking that Rick had died for the sake of it that really doesn't add up to anything.

Unless it was another 'boring but had to be put in there' precursor scene like the 3 female characters kept having here which were boring dialogue scenes - boring because I could hardly care less about their characters. There's nothing sexist in hating Tara - she's dull and ugly and studly and not good too look at. Heh sue me, I and man other male 'actors' out there suffer the same unlikeable problem, and in this digital 'date via a screen' age, we probably suffer from our looks more than women do. At least Rosita was hot, and that was the only reason I would watch her. Eh women have said worse sexist things when it comes to Brad Pitt etc.

But apart from 'we got guns' and "I have something to tell you" there is nothing really here story wise to be of any use forwarding the story, just a lot of uninvolving fluff. Nothing much furthered in taking down Negan, and if those 2 girls are going to try to kill Negan, well we both know this won't happen, so I can't see their failed attempt pushing the story forward for Rick's gang, if anything it could make things worse, which I still think is bad scriptwriting - where heroes push the story back or make it worse rather than pushing it forward to a resolution.

I've been patient with Season 7 and one of it's defenders of the first half, constantly saying "Don't worry, things will pick up, just wait for the second half. But with only 2 or 3(?) episodes left and not much happening so far and Negan not showing more scarier sides to him, I'm kinda getting itchy and cold feet about this season also.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Fievel on Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:38 am

It's pretty sad when a mediocre episode is better than the whole season.

Biggest gripe- Didn't Rick get shot in the gut by garbage girl?....and is perfectly fine by the end of the episode??? I was fully expecting to see him lying in a bed next to Michonne. But no, he was up and about as if it was just a scratch.

I thought Negan was going to demand that Sasha pick the target for Lucille... and I was hoping she'd pick Rosita. :(

Wouldn't a giant tiger be a giant target for all those guns?
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:13 am

Fievel wrote:Biggest gripe- Didn't Rick get shot in the gut by garbage girl?....and is perfectly fine by the end of the episode??? I was fully expecting to see him lying in a bed next to Michonne. But no, he was up and about as if it was just a scratch.

it's just a flesh wound!

i think she just grazed him to get him to go down. i don't think the bullet hit any internal organs. my biggest gripe is the leader of the garbage people didn't get killed. i knew there was a reason i hated those people. i look forward to seeing them all get killed next season.

Fievel wrote:Wouldn't a giant tiger be a giant target for all those guns?

no, he's got all those stripes to camouflage himself. i'm more curious about how exactly they managed a train a tiger to attack only the bad guys. i can see training him to not attack Ezekiel, but to know which people were Rick's people vs. who was a savior or a garbage pail kid, and only eat the right ones, that's one damn smart tiger. too bad they don't write the human characters that smart.

mediocre episode is about right. not bad but pretty anticlimactic for a season finale. but hey, at least no stupid cliffhanger or fake-out death. and we all knew sasha's death was coming, cause she's got to go off and captain a starship or something, but her coming out of the coffin was pretty cool, probably best moment of the episode. and i'm glad they didn't resolve the Negan conflict, but instead ramped it up to a full-scale war now. if Negan is such a big threat, that threat needed to last more than just this season, and it should be really hard to beat him. though he doesn't act like someone who'd be really hard to beat. i mean, he is constantly putting himself out in the open where just one good shot would take him out. but i guess not everyone can be as smart as a tiger.

honestly though, his behaviour is so dumb and reckless, i was expecting him to get killed, only to find out he's not the "real" Negan, he's just the current figurehead Negan and that there is really some secret Negan mastermind hiding behind the scenes a la The Mandarin in Iron Man 3. the way everyone in the Saviors keeps saying "i'm Negan" kind of points in that direction. i was fully expecting, by the end of the episode, that "Negan" would die and we'd see a scene of Dwight getting called in to some secret room at the Savior base to be crowned the new "Negan" by the real Negan. ah well, maybe next season.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Ribbons on Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:45 pm

Frank Darabont wrote:Fuck you all for giving me chest pains because of the staggering fucking incompetence, blindness to the important beats, and the beyond-arrogant lack of regard for what is written being exhibited on set every day. I deserve better than a heart attack because people are too stupid to read a script and understand the words. Does anybody disagree with me? Then join the C-cam operator and go find another job that doesn’t involve deliberately fucking up my show scene by scene.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/frank-darabonts-furious-emails-to-his-walking-dead-cowo-1796879424
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Peven on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:15 am

someone has the temper of a 3 year old, a spoiled 3 year old

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Fievel on Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:47 pm

We'll likely never get the whole unbiased story, but from the articles I've read on this whole mess (initial lawsuit and now the emails) I stand by Darabont. AMC treated him like shit. Actually, I'm sure there's a few turds that have historically been treated better.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Peven on Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:11 pm

he's just another prima donna who thinks he can treat people like shit because he believes he's some kind of artistic genius and that gives him the right. instead of handling a difficult situation professionally he just lashed out and threw tantrums like a fucking child. oh no, so much pressure, making a tv series about zombies, how could anyone keep their composure and handle themselves with class under such unbelievably harsh conditions. give me a fucking break. people deal with more pressure doing more important work in more unfair conditions and they don't start flipping out and calling everyone around them names and sending profane messages to the people they work with like a pissed off teenager. the guy needs to grow the fuck up, he's a poster child for middle aged white men who can't cope when they can't get their way.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Fievel on Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:27 pm

And you're the poster child for middle aged white men that think their opinions actually hold some sort of value.
But really, do go on. Let it all out. So much anger.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:36 pm

Fievel wrote:And you're the poster child for middle aged white men that think their opinions actually hold some sort of value.

hey now, posting profane tantrums on a message board is, like, totally different from sending profane tantrums in an email.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:00 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
Fievel wrote:And you're the poster child for middle aged white men that think their opinions actually hold some sort of value.

hey now, posting profane tantrums on a message board is, like, totally different from sending profane tantrums in an email.

seriously. you're going to equate posting on a fan message board and e-mails/messages sent at work to co-workers? really. that is a stretch, even for you. because if you really can't discern the contextual difference between the two you must have a horrible time navigating day to day life dealing with other people.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Peven on Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:06 pm

I don't see any exclamation marks in my post. no evil emoticons. who says I have to have "so much anger" to identify someone's behavior to be immature and unprofessional? and for the record, mr middle aged white man who also thinks his opinions have some sort of value, it was you who chose to bravely state that you thought Darabont was treated unfairly and that you "stood by him", though I see now you have deleted that part of your post. :lol: really, the whole reason this board exists is because people post things they think other people will find some sort of value in reading. duh. :roll:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:45 pm

Peven wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:

seriously. you're going to equate posting on a fan message board and e-mails/messages sent at work to co-workers? really. that is a stretch, even for you. because if you really can't discern the contextual difference between the two you must have a horrible time navigating day to day life dealing with other people.

you're right, the context is different. nobody on here has ever slashed your working budget by half-a-million dollars per week. can't imagine why anybody would ever get upset over such a little thing as that.

Peven wrote:it was you who chose to bravely state that you thought Darabont was treated unfairly and that you "stood by him", though I see now you have deleted that part of your post. :lol:

you mean this?

Fievel wrote:We'll likely never get the whole unbiased story, but from the articles I've read on this whole mess (initial lawsuit and now the emails) I stand by Darabont. AMC treated him like shit. Actually, I'm sure there's a few turds that have historically been treated better.

i can still see it just fine.

Peven wrote:really, the whole reason this board exists is because people post things they think other people will find some sort of value in reading. duh. :roll:

actually, the reason this board still exists is because AICN is too fucked up and disorganized to realize it's still around and pull the plug. i think TheButcher might be the only one left here who actually thinks their posts on this board have any real value to anyone. if i had anything of value to post, i'd probably be posting it somewhere where the readership exceeds my shoe size. my main reason for sticking around is because i'm pretty sure this whole thing is just an elaborate willy wonka-style survivor game, where the last zoner standing will inherit harry's massive asian porn collection or something. OUTWIT OUTPLAY OUTLAST motherfuckers!
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:09 pm

Peven wrote:seriously. you're going to equate posting on a fan message board and e-mails/messages sent at work to co-workers? really. that is a stretch, even for you. because if you really can't discern the contextual difference between the two you must have a horrible time navigating day to day life dealing with other people.

I'm not equating shit. I'm just childishly using it as an easy way to take a jab at you after reading your comments on this thread and the Scorsese/DeNiro/Pacino thread. Seriously, you put so much energy into being negative. And it's not just negative, it's Peven Negative - posting absolute declarations and shitting on anyone that is so low as to disagree with you. This is not a new observation by any means, and I'm far from the first to make it, but it can really grate on the nerves when it appears in multiple posts (okay, it only takes one).

Peven wrote:

I don't see any exclamation marks in my post. no evil emoticons. who says I have to have "so much anger" to identify someone's behavior to be immature and unprofessional? and for the record, mr middle aged white man who also thinks his opinions have some sort of value, it was you who chose to bravely state that you thought Darabont was treated unfairly and that you "stood by him", though I see now you have deleted that part of your post. :lol: really, the whole reason this board exists is because people post things they think other people will find some sort of value in reading. duh. :roll:

No, you don't use amplified punctuation, all caps, or emoticons. All we have is the text, and if you step back (and down) to actually read what you write, the overall tone of it is usually just nasty. You don't debate, you just tell people their opinions are wrong. How is that fun for you? I wrote it off a long time ago as a necessary annoyance of The Zone, but man.....again....how is that fun for you?

And as far as me being middle-aged?

Oxford Dictionary defines "middle age" as:
Oxford English Dictionary wrote:The period after early adulthood and before old age, about 45 to 65.

Yeah, I'm not there yet. But as far as your earlier point about me having "a horrible time navigating day to day life dealing with other people." I really do. It's crippling at times. Haven't found a med to help yet and therapy has been a joke to this point. So by all means, feel free to do this:

Cheers.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:40 am

flashbacks, flashforwards, (flash-sideways?).... who does this show think it is, Lost?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:37 pm

Yeah it was ok. I was a bit disappointed when the episode ended, which felt like it finished halfway through. Maybe it was because I was thirsty for more vengeful violence against Negan or maybe because it was just a little under-dramatic for the Survivors comeback.

But the action was basically short and straightforward and without much conflict for their victorious attack that there wasn't much else to do apart from pad it out with all that "Ooh we gotta show some humanity!" flashback/forward/ cliche generic speech crap, which to me just annoying distracts from the action and it's consistency to build up it's drama.

But it's a good episode and a good starter to the season which I hope really will become fully nervous and nail bitingly intense as we're lead to believe.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Al Shut on Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:10 am

TheBaxter wrote:flashbacks, flashforwards, (flash-sideways?).... who does this show think it is, Lost?

It thinks it's The Flash.
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Fievel on Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:07 pm

I'm liking this season. In particular, I like the editing of the entire season as a whole. This technique has likely made a lot of boring episodes become more interesting.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:20 pm

Yeah but that to me is cheating. When you have to do fancy editing and camera angles or slo mo shots to create draaaaammmaaaa or do the whole flashback and flash forward shit and hit things in an unchronological order, that means sometimes that the script itself is lacking and can't provide enough drama itself in a A B C start to finishing arc.

Kudos to the editors for sure, or whoever decides how the scene orders or cuts should play out, but ultimately the drama should be in the blueprint of the writers. And so far this season has only had about 1 genuinely gripping episode, with Ezekiel and Shiva (Please find happiness, love and peace in the afterlife and let us be with you again when we die as we hope we will with all our animals, even the crazy man eating women though not sure how that works out for the zombie 'walking dead'). And yes I understand that had a flashback but though I tired to see it at first I appreciate the mirror imaging expression of the story arc of how this character lead his song believing group of people to death.

Many episodes just don't have anything very gripping to what's going on and they just 'jazz it up' with expressive face close ups or zipping back and forth on the timeline which also fucks up your enjoyment of the episode as it confuses you leaving you screaming "JUST LET ME WATCH PEOPLE GET STRAIGHTFORWARDLY SHOOT ALREADY!!!"
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:23 pm

oh no! somebody bit Coral!

TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Wolfpack on Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:07 pm

The Interweb wasn't even trying to hide the spoilers on this one.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Previous

Return to Coaxial