The Walking Dead

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Fievel on Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:49 am

I'm assuming with the leader going with them to DC, the rest of Terminus is holding Judith hostage.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:05 pm

Fievel wrote:I'm assuming with the leader going with them to DC, the rest of Terminus is holding Judith hostage.

Ahh, hostage situation. Didn't think of that. Good one.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:29 pm

Fievel wrote:
Comic-ish spoilers, but stuff that was clearly shown in the trailer.
-Good bye Glenn. Was that the TV show's version of Negan swinging that bat? Really, at that point, how could it not connect?

I'm going with red herring here (and would recommend that non comic readers NOT read the spoiler text). Meant to stir up the comic book crowd. Here's why:

It appears that the shot where the bat is swinging at Glenn's head is the same sequence where Bob is talking to Gareth about how they don't have to do this, they just need to go to Washington.

Clearly they do go to Washington. And there's a shot of them walking down the road and Glenn is with them.

Also, if it's the same sequence, it implies that it's at terminus, and Gareth is in charge. No way does Negan work for Gareth.

maybe this is just wishful thinking...i'm not ready for the thing that's in spoiler text above to happen yet.

here's what I want: like midway through the season, an episode that's just funny as shit. Maybe a musical. Then it ends with the brutal murder of a major character...Whedon-style.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Fievel on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:53 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:here's what I want: like midway through the season, an episode that's just funny as shit. Maybe a musical. Then it ends with the brutal murder of a major character...Whedon-style.

You HAVE seen this, right?

Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:21 pm

Fievel wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:here's what I want: like midway through the season, an episode that's just funny as shit. Maybe a musical. Then it ends with the brutal murder of a major character...Whedon-style.

You HAVE seen this, right?

:lol:

Yup, that's what I'm talking about! They should have done it two seasons ago...they really missed their opportunity with the Governor.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:33 am

they should have an episode where they're on their way to DC, when they come across an abandoned tour bus. thinking this will be the perfect vehicle to get them to DC, they board the bus to check it out. as darryl is in back, a door opens and a huge figure lurches out at them, and darryl fires a crossbow bolt straight through his forehead. then they realize it's the indian guy from Black Eyed Peas. then Fergie and will.i.am and the other guy from BEP get back to the bus from foraging for food. they inform the group that they're on their way to Terminus for the big concert, and now that the indian guy is dead, the show will need to be cancelled. rick, showing his newfound leadership skills, says they won't let that happen. NO WAY IN HELL will they let that happen. so rick decides they will have a talent show, where each member from the group will display their musical talents and the Peas will choose a new member for the concert. they walk to a nearby H.S. (which is conveniently located only a few hundred yards through the forest), kill some teenage zombies, then prep the stage for the big show.

first up is glenn. he can't sing, but reveals his hidden talents as an accordion virtuoso. maggie screams like a groupie and grabs him and has sex with him backstage.

then rick goes. someone stole his banjo, so he does some spoken word mumblecore instead. nobody applauds. he flips the group the bird and stalks off stage.

darryl does a country song called "Mama's Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Walkers." that lesbian girl does a full-on production of a Beyonce song, complete with zombie back-up dancers who inexplicably show up, then leave as soon as the number is over. michonne does a ballet dance. abraham and eugene do a vaudeville routine. carl sings a nirvana song, smashing up the equipment on stage and pissing on the Peas at the end of his song. he doesn't get picked.

next up is carol. she sings a beautiful, haunting ballad in the sweetest, most angelic voice you've ever heard. it brings tears to the eyes of everyone. the Peas hate it, and ask her "can't you rap, or just dance around in a sports bra and a thong or something?"

finally, the ghost of T-Dawg shows up and busts out some Biggie Smalls shit. the Peas are into it, and T-Dawg wins the job.

the group then all head back to Terminus for the big concert, because going to DC and saving the world can wait. THIS IS IMPORTANT.

the Black Eyed Peas featuring T-Dawg take the stage. the Terminus audience is excited, dancing around, singing along to all the Peas' greatest hits. the group looks on proudly from backstage. glenn and maggie have sex again. the Peas do an encore of "I Gotta Feeling" and leave the stage to a standing ovation.

then the Terminus folks cut them up into pieces and eat them. the Terminus leader burps and says, "Mmmmmmmm! I don't usually like vegetables, but those were some tasty Peas."
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:40 am

That is quite possibly the best, worst, most ridiculous and most awesome thing, all wrapped into one, that I have ever read in The Zone.

Since The Zonies have been dead for years, and this is a Walking Dead thread, I posthumously nominate this for a Zombie Zonie - Definitive Post of the Zone! :lol:

Spoiler: It wins.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:46 pm

Fievel wrote:That is quite possibly the best, worst, most ridiculous and most awesome thing, all wrapped into one, that I have ever read in The Zone.

Since The Zonies have been dead for years, and this is a Walking Dead thread, I posthumously nominate this for a Zombie Zonie - Definitive Post of the Zone! :lol:

Spoiler: It wins.

Yup, it totally wins.

I miss the Zonies. :(
Lord Voldemoo

Postby so sorry on Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:59 am

Is Daryl gåy?

Not that there's anything wrong with that...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:37 pm

Did Reedus just tweet a major plot point?

If so, that's a douche move.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:23 pm

i've heard all kinds of daryl rumours. i've heard he's Dumbledore. i've heard he dies. i've heard he gets murdered, has his body arranged to look like he died in a Dumbledore suicide pact, and then has a funeral where his father shows up and declares "i love my dead Dumbledore son!"

either way, i'll keep away from any tweets that spoil either one of those plot points.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:30 pm

so sorry wrote:Did Reedus just tweet a major plot point?

There's a ring on the finger. Fuck. I hope they don't mirror the comics and have Rick lose his hand.
I get it, things happen. But that is one of the most annoyingly unbelievable things about the comic - that he'd last so long doing what he does with such a pivotal (in that world) handicap.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:22 pm

Fievel wrote:
so sorry wrote:Did Reedus just tweet a major plot point?

There's a ring on the finger. Fuck. I hope they don't mirror the comics and have Rick lose his hand.
I get it, things happen. But that is one of the most annoyingly unbelievable things about the comic - that he'd last so long doing what he does with such a pivotal (in that world) handicap.

Hmmm, and that severed hand is the opposite hand of the really bloody Daryl hand in the other picture. Interesting-er and interesting-er...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:13 pm

Glen is also married with a ring... whipping boy that he is.
That's all assuming that the hand belongs to a major character.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:40 pm

Fievel wrote:Glen is also married with a ring... whipping boy that he is.
That's all assuming that the hand belongs to a major character.

Also assuming that the mass of blood on Daryl's hand is his. Maybe he just stuck his hand thru a fresh zombie. #misdirection
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:50 am

sounds like they're borrowing a plot point from Sharknado 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO3aHXI ... page#t=392

the only question is, will carol say yes?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:29 am

so sorry wrote:#misdirection

The Walking Dead crew is pretty good at that in the preseason, so who knows.

TheBaxter wrote:sounds like they're borrowing a plot point from Sharknado 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO3aHXI ... page#t=392

the only question is, will carol say yes?

I love the hand inside the shark holding on to the arm.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:53 pm

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:37 pm

So awesome!! Nicely edited with the music!

Shit... forgot there was so much violence versus drama! LOL!

But THIS is the Walking Dead video of the day!:

Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:50 pm

Fievel wrote:So awesome!! Nicely edited with the music!

Shit... forgot there was so much violence versus drama! LOL!

But THIS is the Walking Dead video of the day!:

Holy crap, those guys are freaking comedy gold.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Ribbons on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:04 pm

As someone who does not watch the show, I would say that Carl's hat is comedy gold
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:04 am

Season 5 premiere tonight...Whoot Whoot! Just read the NY comicon write up from the WD panel and they are proclaiming this season will be "devastating"...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:20 pm

Giddy like a schoolgirl up in here!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:45 pm

premiere was awesome. carol in full-on rambo mode. frustrated with tyrese not killing that guy straight off. psyched at the return of can't-remember-his-name but the guy from season 1 that rick met who showed up post-credits. lots of awesome zombie violence. didn't quite get the point of the "THEN" segments. yeah, so the terminus people weren't always bad guys, and nearly had the same thing happen to them that they ended up doing to other people? so what?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:44 am

Wow, what an incredible start. That kicked all sorts of ass, then managed to make me get a little teary eyed at the end. The highest praise I can give this episode is that it had little "oh come on" moments that plague this show (i.e the Carol Assault happening at the exact moment Glenn was about to get his head smashed in).
Like everyone else, I was yelling at the screen for Tyrese to kill that fucking guy.
Michonne is now swordless?
Is there any doubt that Rick will indeed kill the Terminus leader with that red handled machete?
Carol...total bad ass.
The head smash/throat cutting was brutal to watch.
Didn't like the "then" screen popping up. Seemed tacked on to me.
Pile of stuffed animals in the Terminus treasure room? Creepy.
Solid "A" in my book.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:12 am

yeah, that was a great ep. I'd heard that we'd be moving on from Terminus quickly but I had no idea how quickly and how bloodily! I actually assumed that Rick would convince Gareth to go on some sort of expedition to Washington, under Terminus guard, not that they'd just kick the shit out of Terminus and burn it down. Carol is a frickin badass.

I don't know if the "Then" and "Now" stuff was intended to further develop Gareth and co. with the plan of reintroducing at least Gareth and some of his crew as adversaries later on during the season (not at all convinced that Gareth was killed by that shot), or if it was more primarily a one shot with the aim at just exploring how these people came to be...and to remind the audience of what a razor's edge Rick and company are walking with respect to their own humanity. This was explored a bit more when Rick wanted to go back and kill 'em all after they escaped. It's kinda understandable, given everything Rick has gone through and given the return of the Governor and the consequences of that. But it runs pretty counter to Glenn's vision of "who we are" as he noted when talking to Rick about freeing the other prisoners. The only problem i had with the scene with Rick wanting to go back was that there was nobody else who wanted to go with him. It might have been more effective if it had been a bit more debatable.

Rick's humanity will either be bolstered or further weakened by his return to Judith. I'm not sure which.

The bat and slash scene was fucking brutal. It was just so methodical. It's kind of amazing that this show can still shock me...but that shocked me. I expected something like that, especially when 4 Red Shirts were brought in with our heroes (but did you catch that we knew one of them? I didn't until they mentioned it on Talking Dead). But I expected them to cut away. Maybe that was silly given the constant gore applied to the zombies, but that's actually a high compliment to the show. I buy it. I see a zombie get its head smashed in and its eyeball fly out and my response is "awesome!" I see a human hit over the head with a bat and then his throat slit like a pig and i squirm like mad. My mind treats "zombies" and "humans" differently, at a basic reactionary level, at this point. That does say something about the show, and how well they do the zombies.

Many moments of awesome in this ep, but the only time I actually yelled "YEAH" out loud was when Carol spotted the crossbow. :D

Man Terminus, we hardly knew ye. I didn't expect it to go that fast. Part of me feels like it was kinda quick given the entire half season of build up...but then I remember that I really, really didn't want to spend 6 (or even 3) episodes at Terminus anyway. I want to see these guys on the move this season.

There were some handy coincidences, like the aforementioned timing of the explosion. Yeah, it's a little silly, but I do give them some leeway for the sake of television drama on that stuff. At least I don't remember anyone doing anything completely illogical in the moment (except maybe Tyrese not killing the guy, but I sorta got that too). My only "OH COME ON" moment was the bottle rocket. I've been lighting bottle rockets since i was 8. I've lit 5000 bottle rockets in my life. Not one of them has ever gone where I aimed it. But the result was badass enough that I forgive it.

Fun start! Excited to see where this goes.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby Fievel on Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:13 am

Lord Voldemoo wrote:The bat and slash scene was fucking brutal. It was just so methodical. It's kind of amazing that this show can still shock me...but that shocked me. I expected something like that, especially when 4 Red Shirts were brought in with our heroes (but did you catch that we knew one of them? I didn't until they mentioned it on Talking Dead).

I didn't notice it, either, until Talking Dead pointed it out. The only thing I thought about that character was "Ha, he looks like Eminem!" I didn't/don't even remember what the character looked like, only that he and his girlfriend existed.

Lord Voldemoo wrote:but then I remember that I really, really didn't want to spend 6 (or even 3) episodes at Terminus anyway. I want to see these guys on the move this season.

YES!!!

Lord Voldemoo wrote:At least I don't remember anyone doing anything completely illogical in the moment (except maybe Tyrese not killing the guy, but I sorta got that too).

I was bummed that character was a one-and-done. The actor played an investigative reporter on the HBO show Treme and he was quite good there. I was happy when he first appeared in this episode, but sad to see him play the type of character that he was (and subsequently be killed for it).

Lord Voldemoo wrote:My only "OH COME ON" moment was the bottle rocket. I've been lighting bottle rockets since i was 8. I've lit 5000 bottle rockets in my life. Not one of them has ever gone where I aimed it. But the result was badass enough that I forgive it.

Me too. Hell, she didn't even aim it! :lol:

And if you (anyone reading this, not Moo specifically) didn't watch past the end of the credits, what Baxter was alluding to was that they did a Marvel-esque post-credit scene of Morgan reading Rick's graffiti on the Terminus Sanctuary sign. I hope all is well there and good things come.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:10 pm

Fievel wrote:
And if you (anyone reading this, not Moo specifically) didn't watch past the end of the credits, what Baxter was alluding to was that they did a Marvel-esque post-credit scene of Morgan reading Rick's graffiti on the Terminus Sanctuary sign. I hope all is well there and good things come.

I did see that, though I very, very nearly missed it. Yeah!! I'm excited to see where that goes, and how he is doing at this point...
Lord Voldemoo

Postby Fievel on Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:03 am

Oh I hope the show follows the comic storyline here to a "T" now for its current setting/situation. And if not? That's cool, too.

For a "down" episode, it was pretty good only because of the last few minutes (Bob, Carol, and Daryl).
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:12 am

ok so after they return from the food bank, Bob asks that girl for "one more" kiss, then wanders off and starts crying, right before he gets captured by the Terminus leftovers and they eat his leg. so is it safe to assume those guys just ate a bunch of zombie-bite-infected leg meat? wonder if that's gonna have some kind of effect on them.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:58 am

TheBaxter wrote:ok so after they return from the food bank, Bob asks that girl for "one more" kiss, then wanders off and starts crying, right before he gets captured by the Terminus leftovers and they eat his leg. so is it safe to assume those guys just ate a bunch of zombie-bite-infected leg meat? wonder if that's gonna have some kind of effect on them.

Yeah that seemed like where that was headed. Although since technically everyone living is infected anyway, would it really make a difference to the cannibals?

I like this episode right up til the end. I don't know, maybe it was the communion wine or something, but why the fuck would Daryl wander of without telling anyone? I can understand Bob walking out without telling anyone (he was clearly bitten, and going to off himself). I can understand Carol walking out without telling anyone (her spidey-sense is tingling, telling her to make sure that car is ready to go for some reason). But Daryl sees her leave, and decides to sneak out too without mentioned to anyone? C'mon, this group knows better by now not to do that. How fucking hard can it be to nudge Rick and say "hey, I'll be right back, going to talk to Carol". Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but why would they let their guard down and not set watches up for the night? Dammit, that was a tight episode right up to the last 5 minutes.

I think I know what this priest's secret is (from reading about it somewhere). Its a nice little side story, nothing to derail them from the next mission (to get to DC) I think. These fucking Terminus guys...in a world filled with the walking dead, and with the thought that everyone you meet is an enemy (and dinner), why waste your time and effort tracking and hunting down a crew that just kicked your fucking ass? This happened last year with that gang of douchebags that Daryl was forced to join...they decided that since Rick killed one of them, they were going to spend their precscious time tracking and hunting them (to their ultimate demise). I know its for the sake of a plot etc, but it just gets my goat when this show won't let go of their bad guys (see also, the Gov).

And one more thing...that fucking guy from the cabin that Tyrese claimed he took care of was totally sitting there chomping on some Bob burgers. At the very LEAST, Tyrese pounced his face into pulp. He looked just fine (what, 2-3 days later)?????
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:02 am

so sorry wrote:Yeah that seemed like where that was headed. Although since technically everyone living is infected anyway, would it really make a difference to the cannibals?

I'm guessing that the bitten, or actual zombies, have some sort of "active" strain of whatever the infection is.

so sorry wrote:These fucking Terminus guys...in a world filled with the walking dead, and with the thought that everyone you meet is an enemy (and dinner), why waste your time and effort tracking and hunting down a crew that just kicked your fucking ass? This happened last year with that gang of douchebags that Daryl was forced to join...they decided that since Rick killed one of them, they were going to spend their precscious time tracking and hunting them (to their ultimate demise).

I think this is just the show's way of showing how ridiculously petty, greedy, and savage we humans are - even after an apocalyptic catastrophe like this. Each and every bad guy seems to show this.

so sorry wrote:I know its for the sake of a plot etc, but it just gets my goat when this show won't let go of their bad guys (see also, the Gov).

You have a goat?!? I want a goat! What does a guy have to do to get a fucking goat around here?!?

so sorry wrote:And one more thing...that fucking guy from the cabin that Tyrese claimed he took care of was totally sitting there chomping on some Bob burgers. At the very LEAST, Tyrese pounced his face into pulp. He looked just fine (what, 2-3 days later)?????

Behold - the healing power of people!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:05 am

so sorry wrote:I like this episode right up til the end. I don't know, maybe it was the communion wine or something, but why the fuck would Daryl wander of without telling anyone?

booty call.

so sorry wrote:I think I know what this priest's secret is (from reading about it somewhere). Its a nice little side story, nothing to derail them from the next mission (to get to DC) I think.

from the knife marks (zombies don't use knives, right?) and the graffiti (zombies don't write graffiti, right?) i assumed that when shit went down, the priest locked himself up in that church, and left his "flock" out there to die instead of helping them get inside the church to safety. it also fits with the fact that he's such a wuss-baby.

so sorry wrote:And one more thing...that fucking guy from the cabin that Tyrese claimed he took care of was totally sitting there chomping on some Bob burgers. At the very LEAST, Tyrese pounced his face into pulp. He looked just fine (what, 2-3 days later)?????

maybe it was his (just as) evil twin?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:09 am

Fievel wrote:
so sorry wrote:Yeah that seemed like where that was headed. Although since technically everyone living is infected anyway, would it really make a difference to the cannibals?

I'm guessing that the bitten, or actual zombies, have some sort of "active" strain of whatever the infection is.

yeah, like they are all "infected" in the sense that they'll reanimate when they die, but if you get bit by a zombie, then you're gonna die a lot sooner. otherwise, why would they have had to cut off herschel's leg, they had to remove it before the infection travelled up the leg and infected the rest of him and killed him right then and there. so if getting bitten by a zombie turns you into a zombie sooner, then maybe taking a bite out of a zombie (or recently infected non-zombie flesh) might make things happen a bit sooner too.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:43 am

TheBaxter wrote:
Fievel wrote:

yeah, like they are all "infected" in the sense that they'll reanimate when they die, but if you get bit by a zombie, then you're gonna die a lot sooner. otherwise, why would they have had to cut off herschel's leg, they had to remove it before the infection travelled up the leg and infected the rest of him and killed him right then and there. so if getting bitten by a zombie turns you into a zombie sooner, then maybe taking a bite out of a zombie (or recently infected non-zombie flesh) might make things happen a bit sooner too.

Yeah I guess that makes sense.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:25 pm

one thing that did occur to me though, as they were eating Bob. those Terminus folks have been eating people for a while. you would think they'd give someone a full exam first, to make sure they don't have any bites or infected wounds or anything else that could give them indigestion, before chowing down on somebody new. so either Bob wasn't bitten after all, or they've eaten infected people before and found out it didn't hurt them, or they just didn't bother inspecting their meat, which would seem like pretty lousy food handling practices on their part.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:27 pm

TheBaxter wrote:one thing that did occur to me though, as they were eating Bob. those Terminus folks have been eating people for a while. you would think they'd give someone a full exam first, to make sure they don't have any bites or infected wounds or anything else that could give them indigestion, before chowing down on somebody new. so either Bob wasn't bitten after all, or they've eaten infected people before and found out it didn't hurt them, or they just didn't bother inspecting their meat, which would seem like pretty lousy food handling practices on their part.

Applying logic like that is usually a bad idea for TV shows.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:51 am

TheBaxter wrote:from the knife marks (zombies don't use knives, right?) and the graffiti (zombies don't write graffiti, right?) i assumed that when shit went down, the priest locked himself up in that church, and left his "flock" out there to die instead of helping them get inside the church to safety. it also fits with the fact that he's such a wuss-baby.

called it.

TheBaxter wrote:ok so after they return from the food bank, Bob asks that girl for "one more" kiss, then wanders off and starts crying, right before he gets captured by the Terminus leftovers and they eat his leg. so is it safe to assume those guys just ate a bunch of zombie-bite-infected leg meat? wonder if that's gonna have some kind of effect on them.

double called-it. either this show is getting predictable or they are stealing thoughts from my brain. not that either of these guesses was all that difficult though.
i guess we'll never find out whether eating "tainted meat" actually has an effect or not though.

weird way to end an episode. rick: "is carol with you?" darryl: "come on out." rustling leaves. fade to black. either carol's a zombie, or something weird is up. i don't think it's beth because the previews for next week showed a lot of beth, so unless all those scenes in the preview were from a flashback, she's got stuff to do yet before coming back. my guess? darryl ran into that guy from season 1 who was following them in the post-credits scene from the premiere episode, and he'll be the one leading them back to where beth (and now carol) are being kept.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:18 am

TheBaxter wrote:my guess? darryl ran into that guy from season 1 who was following them in the post-credits scene from the premiere episode, and he'll be the one leading them back to where beth (and now carol) are being kept.

Good call on this! I like it! (and his name is Morgan!) I hope he has a substantial role if/when he meets up with everyone (and I hope he's sane again!).
As for the rest, it was taken directly from the comics. Only in the comics, it was Dale who was bit and had his leg eaten. I think some of the dialogue was ripped directly from the book, too, which added some deja vu for me.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:01 am

I had to really, really suspend my disbelief for that episode. I already struggled with the idea that 3 of their group could wander off into the night unnoticed, and that they don't have a permanent guard set up everywhere they go. But OK, they need to build drama etc. But when one of them gets dumped on your front porch sans leg, and you STILL DON'T POST GUARDS?????
Rick's Big Plan of taking the big guns with them in the woods to allow the Terminites to "sneak" into the chuch is beyond risky. If those idiots would've stormed the church guns blazin' they would have killed a bunch of the gang before Rick and the calvary came back in to save them. Weak plan, weakly played out IMO. The brutality of the human kills was top notch though. Rick sure can flip that switch between caring and not caring, can't he?!

The big reveal at the end has to be Beth, and we'll be getting her entire story and rescue via flashbacks next week.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:56 pm

so sorry wrote:I had to really, really suspend my disbelief for that episode. I already struggled with the idea that 3 of their group could wander off into the night unnoticed, and that they don't have a permanent guard set up everywhere they go. But OK, they need to build drama etc. But when one of them gets dumped on your front porch sans leg, and you STILL DON'T POST GUARDS?????

They don't have any redshirts at the moment to sit outside on guard duty and get killed first.

Rick's Big Plan of taking the big guns with them in the woods to allow the Terminites to "sneak" into the chuch is beyond risky. If those idiots would've stormed the church guns blazin' they would have killed a bunch of the gang before Rick and the calvary came back in to save them. Weak plan, weakly played out IMO. The brutality of the human kills was top notch though. Rick sure can flip that switch between caring and not caring, can't he?!

I think the idea was that, having noticed several times that they were being watched, they turned the tables on the Hunters by using the same tactic. (they went out as a rouse and then watched, waiting for the Hunters to turn up).

The big reveal at the end has to be Beth, and we'll be getting her entire story and rescue via flashbacks next week.

I was thinking it would be Morgan.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:01 pm

TheBaxter wrote:one thing that did occur to me though, as they were eating Bob. those Terminus folks have been eating people for a while. you would think they'd give someone a full exam first, to make sure they don't have any bites or infected wounds or anything else that could give them indigestion, before chowing down on somebody new. so either Bob wasn't bitten after all, or they've eaten infected people before and found out it didn't hurt them, or they just didn't bother inspecting their meat, which would seem like pretty lousy food handling practices on their part.

I think they was supposed to be because they were acting slightly out of desperation and slightly out of malice and anger, so let things slip. One of them did mention about "You were supposed to check him" or something along those lines.

Interestingly, the idea about how cooking the meat stopping it from being infectious wasn't followed up upon. Could it be that doing something as simple as cooking a survivor on a barbeque cure them of the zombie virus?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:15 pm

Fried Gold wrote:

I think they was supposed to be because they were acting slightly out of desperation and slightly out of malice and anger, so let things slip. One of them did mention about "You were supposed to check him" or something along those lines.

Interestingly, the idea about how cooking the meat stopping it from being infectious wasn't followed up upon. Could it be that doing something as simple as cooking a survivor on a barbeque cure them of the zombie virus?

maybe just a couple hours in the sauna would do the trick.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:00 pm

Indeed.

Instead of boiling water to disinfect water, you can pasteurise it at a lower heat. Perhaps the same applies and a global sauna session is in need.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:32 am

Fried Gold wrote:Indeed.

Instead of boiling water to disinfect water, you can pasteurise it at a lower heat. Perhaps the same applies and a global sauna session is in need.

climate change saves the world from zombies....

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:17 am

So...uh....yeah....that was pretty much a giant waste of an hour, no?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:07 am

so sorry wrote:So...uh....yeah....that was pretty much a giant waste of an hour, no?

you mean you weren't shocked and surprised to find out that there's ANOTHER group of survivors out there and they are ALSO run by an autocratic tyrant of a leader who thinks they are doing what's best for their people, and find themselves at odds with Rick's group? and now we know Carol is there too, so we know it's not her in the woods with Darryl at the end of last week's episode. but Bob Jr. from St. Elsewalker got away, and he knows where Beth is, so now i think HE's the black guy in the woods with Darryl, rather than the black guy from season 1 who wasn't T-Dawg (i think someone said his name was Morgana the Kissing Bandit or something).
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:14 am

Wow.... that plot point from the comics came much sooner than I had anticipated!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:14 am

Fievel wrote:Wow.... that plot point from the comics came much sooner than I had anticipated!

I thought maybe the lesbian was going to go for it with Eugene, just to get some while she had the chance. Other than that, another boring episode for me personally. I guess when they stray from the main group story-wise I tend to lose interest.

And the last flashback of Eugene "running" from the zombies? Holy fucking crap was that ridiculous. If that's as fast as he can run, he wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes in that world.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:23 pm

so sorry wrote:I thought maybe the lesbian was going to go for it with Eugene, just to get some while she had the chance.

Seriously, so did I. Such an odd moment (her and Eugene). I mean, Eugene creeping was bad enough, but the interaction between him and Tara was just odd as fuck.

so sorry wrote:And the last flashback of Eugene "running" from the zombies? Holy fucking crap was that ridiculous. If that's as fast as he can run, he wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes in that world.

They pointed out on Talking Dead that one of the zombies had one of its legs stuck in the straps of a backpack.... and it still was catching up to him..... and then one of Eugene's first comments to Abraham was "I think they're getting faster..." :lol: :lol: :lol: He seemed at that particular moment to have a "normal" demeanor about him. I wonder if now that the truth is out, that he'll revert back to that or if he'll maintain the Asperger's-like personality he seems to have.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial