The Walking Dead

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:53 am

i still don't get abraham's story from the flashbacks. he kills a bunch of (non-zombie) people in a supermarket. he tries to convince a woman and her two kids (who he treats like their his wife and kids but they don't act like they are) that they're safe now. the supposed wife and kids escape in the middle of the night (presumably to get away from abraham who they're scared of) and get eaten by zombies, and abraham is depressed and about to off himself when eugene shows up.

so is eugene not the only person who's not who he says/thinks he is? abraham obviously has anger management issues. i thought it was going to turn out that he convinced eugene he was a scientist on a very important mission, like how he tried to convince that woman and kids they were his family and he was protecting them from some evil people (who maybe weren't really evil people at all) in the supermarket. and eugene, being a bit off mentally, started believing what abraham was telling him. but at least the eugene part of that is wrong. so is abraham a nutcase too? is he really a military guy (i'm not sure if he's ever actually said he was in the military, but he acts like it)? and where did rosalita come into this little group from?
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18958
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby so sorry on Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:12 pm

According to the comics story line, that was his wife and kids, and at some point they were beaten and raped by those dudes he killed. all of this is completely unknown to those of us who haven't read the comics, so it was a little hard to follow what was going on (or rather, WHY it was going down that way).
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15466
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:50 am

yeah, and it also doesn't really explain why they were acting so scared of him after he offed those guys, or why they snuck out on him.
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18958
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby so sorry on Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:02 pm

So...... a slow burn episode again. Still bothers me that two key members of the group go off like that for days at a time without letting anyone know, but I understand Daryl's drive to get Beth back at all costs (and really, its not like he could just send an email to Rick telling him where he's at). Am I the only one who has trouble understanding what Daryl is saying? I swear I had to rewind twice to figure out what his grumbling was...then I just didn't care anymore.
Its unfortunate that this stupid hospital thing is taking a 3 episode arc. As usual, our gang will roll in, kick some ass, get all the hospital people killed (probably by letting zombies in), and we'll be back to the church again? Season started off so strong...shame its sputtering out (for me at least). I know not every episode is going to be action packed or anything, but I'd like the main story to progress a little bit each week.
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15466
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Fievel on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:20 pm

I've got a strong feeling how this will play out, but it ends up relying on comic spoilers. Neither the hospital, or anyone involved with it (Noah included) was in the comic, but they've dropped some hints.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12107
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:00 am

FILLER EPISODE.
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18958
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby so sorry on Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:10 pm

Yup. And c'mon, that bald cop they captured...was there ANY doubt he was about to pull a fast one on our gang? But what was more rediculous? The 10 second preview of the next episode shows him re-captured with Rick in his face, so I guess his little escape plan didn't really turn out to well for him.

Also, why the hell would you take the one guy in your group who refuses to kill anyone on a mission to kill people? Leave him with the other crying baby in the group. Facepalm moment of the episode for me.

I'm willing to bet money that the lesbian-comedienne won't make it past next week. They need to kill someone off before the short hiatus, and she's primed up and ready to go/die.

And one last bitch: how the fuck do you get surprised by a car like that? Its an abandoned city, with the only noise pollution being the moaning of zombies. They should have heard that other cop car from literally a mile away.
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15466
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:21 pm

so sorry wrote:Yup. And c'mon, that bald cop they captured...was there ANY doubt he was about to pull a fast one on our gang? But what was more rediculous? The 10 second preview of the next episode shows him re-captured with Rick in his face, so I guess his little escape plan didn't really turn out to well for him.


yeah, that was pretty stupid. you'd think by now people would've learned not to go off alone with hostile members of other groups, and certainly not to turn your backs on them if you do. the only surprise of that part was that he only knocked her out, i thought for sure she was going to get pushed out the window.

And one last bitch: how the fuck do you get surprised by a car like that? Its an abandoned city, with the only noise pollution being the moaning of zombies. They should have heard that other cop car from literally a mile away.


this show makes a lot more sense if you assume it all takes place in a world where sound can only travel a few feet from its source. also helps explain how zombies keep sneaking up on people, like one did once again to that preacher dude.
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18958
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:56 pm

This season started out quite well and then came to a halt when they decided to split the group up again. Since then there's been very little character development for the main cast and a shit ton more characters have been introduced.

The moment the Hunters were taken out in the church, and D.A.R.Y.L. and Carol went off, it's pretty much come to a stand still.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13930
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:18 am

yeah, there's really nothing at all interesting about Female Hitler Cop and her group at the hospital. and the preacher guy, i could care less about him, it's always tough to introduce a character and get the audience to care about his existential crisis or whatever within just a few episodes.
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18958
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby so sorry on Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:56 am

So THAT happened.

I thought a few weeks ago it would be the lesbian who would get killed this week, but after last week I think we all saw the signs pointing to Beth. Which was immediately confirmed when Maggie was told that Beth was still alive!

Great opening, with Rick going all Rick over that stupid cops ass. Which makes the end harder for me to swallow. Watch Beth get shot in the head right in front of him like that, how could Rick NOT start blastin' and killin' in revenge? Where's his motivation to contain himself like that? I don't get it. But what I don't get more, is why Beth decided, as she was being released, to attack the Bitch Cop lady. What was the point Beth? You were in the clear! Yeah, you're buddy Everybody Hates Chris was going back to indentured servitude, but is that worth getting people killed?
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15466
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:34 am

the scissor-stab ending was pretty dumb. so that whole hospital subplot was one big long pointless boring excuse to get beth killed. well, at least we'll be moving on now....

Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18958
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:16 pm

Part of the problem is that Beth had actually received a fair amount of character development in the past year, especially compared to a lot of the pointless peripheral characters in the cast. This obviously makes her departure somewhat more effective, but also feels like a waste of a character.

Part of the problem is the manner in which it happened. She stabbed Dawn, who was holding a loaded gun, with a pair of toenail scissors. Even though she was already free and safe, and knowing that Dawn was probably not going to be around much longer anyway. And knowing that Noah already knew how to escape. And Noah didn't really seem that bothered.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13930
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Peven on Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:18 am

I liked most of the episode but mostly due to Rick, running down that cop was the highlight of the show for me. I was prepared for "devastation" as advertised but was underwhelmed, alas, I guess I just wasn't that invested in Beth's character
Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 14487
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby TheBaxter on Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:32 pm

R.I.P. Tyrese, the latest victim of The Law of Conservation of Black People on The Walking Dead

so are we ever gonna find out who was collecting those armless, legless zombies, and why?
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18958
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Fievel on Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:55 am

Tyrese to Noah - "You have to push through this. I was ready to die, but if I had given up I wouldn't have saved Judith and brought her back to her father."

Ghosts to Tyrese - "Come on, Tyrese. It's time to die."

Tyrese - "Fuck it. I'm gone. Peace!"

TheBaxter wrote:R.I.P. Tyrese, the latest victim of The Law of Conservation of Black People on The Walking Dead

so are we ever gonna find out who was collecting those armless, legless zombies, and why?


True on both points. Both very fucked up points.

Very cool episode, but I hate to see Tyrese go. I would have loved to have seen him and Abraham standing shoulder-to-shoulder wreaking havoc. Great fake-out for those that have read the comics, with the promise of the safe walled city. Although in the comics the city is in Alexandria, Virginia so that particular camp may still exist.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12107
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby so sorry on Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:21 am

I thought Tyrese was just a big pussy, so seeing him go didn't move me one bit.
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15466
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:37 pm

yeah they kinda pussified his character. can an episode that features the death of a major character still be a filler episode? 'cus it kinda felt like one. all the artsy-fartsy ghost stuff didn't help.

also, why was he so transfixed on the pictures of those twins that it got him bit? i'm still astounded by the carelessness of people on this show (and the occasional ninja-like stealth abilities of its zombies)
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18958
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby so sorry on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:51 pm

TheBaxter wrote:also, why was he so transfixed on the pictures of those twins that it got him bit?


Because he was a pussy.

TheBaxter wrote:i'm still astounded by the carelessness of people on this show (and the occasional ninja-like stealth abilities of its zombies)


And that is the crux of my problem with this show in general. He can literally kill dozens of zombies with his hammer during a Hulk rage, but a child zombie can sneak up on him and he can't fight him off? Suspended-disbelief aside, the inconsistencies of our protagonists and the zombies is so glaring when they need it to move the story along etc. You can go from a super ninja zombie killer to someone who can't fight off an infant zombie in the drop of a hat. I understand that you can't be badass all the time, that you will drop your guard from time to time, but at this point in the storyline, these guys should be doing certain things without even thinking twice about it (sweeping a house FIRST before you decide to start longingly at a picture on a wall...not going outside at night by yourself etc).
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15466
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:17 pm

yeah it's a little hard to get past at this point. by this point in the show, a single zombie shouldn't ever be a real threat to anyone still alive. i feel like zombies are only really a threat in large numbers anyway, but because of budget constraints, they still keep having single solitary zombie attacks as a threat to avoid having the spend the money on big zombie herds. so they'll keep having people be stupid and die because they need to maintain the implausible conceit that a lone zombie is still a threat.
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18958
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:57 pm

I dunno, the protagonists do a lot of stupid shit, no question. And the occasional ninja-stealth ability of walkers is goofy too. But I actually think that the idea of a single zombie being a threat is actually more realistic than not. Imagine living in a world where a moment's inattention leads to death. And it doesn't have to be what would typically be a deadly wound...just a nibble. You are surrounded by moving, walking things whose sole purpose in life is to take a bite out of you, and that bite leads to death.

These guys have been out there for a while, and haven't really stopped since the prison. The physical and emotional toll on these people over a protracted time is, perhaps, unprecedented since the days of Bastogne and Guadalcanal. No matter what Alastor Moody says, "constant vigilance" isn't possible for humans. Eventually we wear down, we tire, and we get distracted. The walkers don't.

Here pussy Tyrese got distracted by a picture of young men ( :shock: ). (actually I generally like Tyrese's character, but I'm also somewhat in So Sorry's camp about how we was portrayed). A moment's distraction...and it's all over. It doesn't matter how big you are, or how many you can take out with a hammer when they are in front of you. It's about where your head is at and, like all of us, even under the most serious of circumstances, our minds sometimes start to wander.

I feel like an apologist, and maybe i am, but I'd say that while there are things to gripe about when it comes to this show, the occasional death by single zombie isn't one of them to me. The failure to sweep the house, on the other hand...that's a good point So Sorry.
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby so sorry on Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:06 am

Lord Voldemoo wrote:I dunno, the protagonists do a lot of stupid shit, no question. And the occasional ninja-stealth ability of walkers is goofy too. But I actually think that the idea of a single zombie being a threat is actually more realistic than not. Imagine living in a world where a moment's inattention leads to death. And it doesn't have to be what would typically be a deadly wound...just a nibble. You are surrounded by moving, walking things whose sole purpose in life is to take a bite out of you, and that bite leads to death.

These guys have been out there for a while, and haven't really stopped since the prison. The physical and emotional toll on these people over a protracted time is, perhaps, unprecedented since the days of Bastogne and Guadalcanal. No matter what Alastor Moody says, "constant vigilance" isn't possible for humans. Eventually we wear down, we tire, and we get distracted. The walkers don't.

Here pussy Tyrese got distracted by a picture of young men ( :shock: ). (actually I generally like Tyrese's character, but I'm also somewhat in So Sorry's camp about how we was portrayed). A moment's distraction...and it's all over. It doesn't matter how big you are, or how many you can take out with a hammer when they are in front of you. It's about where your head is at and, like all of us, even under the most serious of circumstances, our minds sometimes start to wander.

I feel like an apologist, and maybe i am, but I'd say that while there are things to gripe about when it comes to this show, the occasional death by single zombie isn't one of them to me. The failure to sweep the house, on the other hand...that's a good point So Sorry.


All very valid points (especially the ones agreeing with me 8-) ). And I know that's how I'm SUPPOSED to react to situations like Tyrese...the momentary slip...letting his guard down for just a minute and BAM he's bit. But I just can't get it out of my head that when its convenient, these zombies can be overpowered with ease (for fuck's sake the zombie was killed by stabbing it with a PLASTIC MODEL AIRPLANE), and in other cases a full grown giant of a man (tyrese) can't fend off a teenage rotted corpse.
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15466
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Peven on Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:37 am

so sorry wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:also, why was he so transfixed on the pictures of those twins that it got him bit?


Because he was a pussy.

TheBaxter wrote:i'm still astounded by the carelessness of people on this show (and the occasional ninja-like stealth abilities of its zombies)


And that is the crux of my problem with this show in general. He can literally kill dozens of zombies with his hammer during a Hulk rage, but a child zombie can sneak up on him and he can't fight him off? Suspended-disbelief aside, the inconsistencies of our protagonists and the zombies is so glaring when they need it to move the story along etc. You can go from a super ninja zombie killer to someone who can't fight off an infant zombie in the drop of a hat. I understand that you can't be badass all the time, that you will drop your guard from time to time, but at this point in the storyline, these guys should be doing certain things without even thinking twice about it (sweeping a house FIRST before you decide to start longingly at a picture on a wall...not going outside at night by yourself etc).



that is the BIG "problem" with all zombie movies/shows that have the slow-moving zombies. they absolutely depend on the audience leaving their brain at the door to really enjoy them, the threat from zombies has to be completely contrived to drive the tension and drama because if the zombies were really that slow and stupid then it would be very easy to avoid getting bitten by them and they would be relatively easy to wipe out, no big deal, it would be nothing close to the destruction that various plagues have caused through history. only by adopting the 28 Days Later approach to zombies do they become a "realistic" threat to humanity. and lets not forget other "natural" reactions that are totally ignored and avoided because in "reality" they would be telling Noah to get the fuck away from them, he is on his own for being a shithead and leading Tyrese to his death. no way in hell they let some hysterical twit risk any more of their lives after proving he can't be trusted.
Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 14487
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:12 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:I dunno, the protagonists do a lot of stupid shit, no question. And the occasional ninja-stealth ability of walkers is goofy too. But I actually think that the idea of a single zombie being a threat is actually more realistic than not. Imagine living in a world where a moment's inattention leads to death. And it doesn't have to be what would typically be a deadly wound...just a nibble. You are surrounded by moving, walking things whose sole purpose in life is to take a bite out of you, and that bite leads to death.


so, like.... Australia?

so sorry wrote:All very valid points (especially the ones agreeing with me 8-) ). And I know that's how I'm SUPPOSED to react to situations like Tyrese...the momentary slip...letting his guard down for just a minute and BAM he's bit. But I just can't get it out of my head that when its convenient, these zombies can be overpowered with ease (for fuck's sake the zombie was killed by stabbing it with a PLASTIC MODEL AIRPLANE), and in other cases a full grown giant of a man (tyrese) can't fend off a teenage rotted corpse.


as someone who had several plastic model airplanes as a kid, and who may or may not have periodically tried to stab various persons with them, i can attest that that scene was somewhat unrealistic.
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18958
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:50 pm

i think i'm reaching the point on this show where i'm beginning to root for the zombies.
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18958
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Fievel on Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:59 pm

They are likely to hit a major development now. Aaron, the guy from the end of the episode, is a character from the comics.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12107
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby so sorry on Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:18 am

So....was the horde of zombies pushing on the barn door just a dream? Or am I supposed to believe that a fucking storm came thru and swept them away like that, but left the barn intact? And how the fuck did a horde of zombies know, in the middle of a terrible storm like that, that people were in that barn? Maybe they were looking for shelter too...
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15466
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:33 pm

Fievel wrote:They are likely to hit a major development now. Aaron, the guy from the end of the episode, is a character from the comics.

...who will die after about five episodes. Five episodes which probably involve a lot of walking.

I think the showrunners have started to take the title a bit too literally.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13930
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:55 pm

so sorry wrote:So....was the horde of zombies pushing on the barn door just a dream? Or am I supposed to believe that a fucking storm came thru and swept them away like that, but left the barn intact? And how the fuck did a horde of zombies know, in the middle of a terrible storm like that, that people were in that barn? Maybe they were looking for shelter too...


big missed opportunity here. instead of a tornado, it should have been a sharknado. a zombie is just about to munch down on rick when a shark comes flying in on the wind and eats the zombie.
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18958
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Peven on Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:57 pm

Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 14487
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby so sorry on Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:50 pm

User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15466
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:20 am



they left off the 7th most ridiculous thing from that episode: that this episode, as ridiculous as it was at times, was not even close to being the most ridiculous TWD episode ever. maybe in the top 40th percentile, but that's it.
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18958
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby so sorry on Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:38 pm

So I really dug last night's episode. Captured the group's paranoia perfectly. This new group (Townies) really seem to suck at living in the harsh new world. I guess the explaination that they were far enough away from metropolitan areas so that's why there isn't hundreds of zombies at their walls. Which by the way, the walls are damn impressive.
Daryl seems most concerned with once again becoming an outsider. And in case you didn't notice by the 'possum he carried around everywhere, he's a redneck.
I loved the last scene where Rick says (paraphrasing) if these pussies continue to be pussies and make us start acting like pussies then we'll smack them down like pussies and take their town for ourselves.
I'm genuinely interested in seeing where this goes. Obviously it will go to shit somehow (otherwise...no show).
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15466
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:00 pm

best episode in a while. i'm not sure the "video interview" gimmick was really necessary, and of course even in a walled-up town we still have characters wandering off outside the walls alone (the townies might be weak, but rick's group still acts dumb, not sure which is worse). but everything else worked, and the episode had a really "coming home" sort of vibe with these traumatized characters returning to civilization and having to psychologically deal with no longer being in the war zone (maybe bill o'reilly will show up to give them some tips on readjusting to civilian life). carol seems to be putting on an act while keeping her suspicions hidden, while darryl can't even manage to try to look like he's comfortable. i hope they don't go too far in playing up his inability to fit in, if they haven't already.
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18958
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Fievel on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:51 pm

so sorry wrote:I loved the last scene where Rick says (paraphrasing) if these pussies continue to be pussies and make us start acting like pussies then we'll smack them down like pussies and take their town for ourselves.


No, that was actually word-for-word. :lol:

TheBaxter wrote:carol seems to be putting on an act while keeping her suspicions hidden


Carol's totally putting on an act - starting with the way she "struggled" to put down that big ol' gun into the cart and leading to her Junior League inquiry :lol: :lol:

Loved Rick getting a haircut. Why?
-That moment fucked him up. Seemed like he was ready to cry because that sort of thing doesn't happen in the zombie apocalypse.
-I have hopes for the girl.

Why?
Because in the comics, Andrea (still) isn't dead. She's a badass sniper, and a well-written character. And her and Rick are together now. I'd love to see someone fill that role. But of course this girl comes with an asshole husband.

So, SO glad they made it to Alexandria (says the guy who is caught up with the comics).
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12107
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:21 am

btw, i live close enough to the real alexandria, and i can tell you it's nothing like that gated community on the show.
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18958
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby so sorry on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:20 am

TheBaxter wrote:btw, i live close enough to the real alexandria, and i can tell you it's nothing like that gated community on the show.



That's because you haven't been invited into the community. You've got to prove your worth!
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15466
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Peven on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:40 am

they built the wall to keep bax's kind OUT :-P
Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 14487
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby so sorry on Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:54 am

I zoned out a bit...what the hell was all the business about stealing the handguns? Just so they had backup if the shit hit the fan?

Daryl as a recruiter is a terrible idea. He may be the greatest tracker, he may be able to "read people", but he's got all the personality of a stump of wood and the grace and charm of a crocodile. Can you imagine THAT GUY approaching your group and trying to give a motivation speech about joining his community? Fuck no, I'd run the other direction.

Its a shame that (the only?) doctor in town is going to get his ass killed by Rick.

They are really going over the top to show how "badass" Carol is, haven't they?
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15466
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:44 am

so sorry wrote:I zoned out a bit...what the hell was all the business about stealing the handguns? Just so they had backup if the shit hit the fan?


i think that's the gist of it. those townies must be really dumb, to not realize something's up when rick, darryl and carol leave and come back together every day.

i wonder if the "W" carved on the zombie's forehead stands for "Woodbury"?

and i was wondering for a moment there during spaghetti dinner, if darryl wasn't being recruited for something else...
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18958
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby so sorry on Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:51 am

TheBaxter wrote:and i was wondering for a moment there during spaghetti dinner, if darryl wasn't being recruited for something else...



I didn't see any sausages on the menu...
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15466
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Peven on Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:48 am

so sorry wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:and i was wondering for a moment there during spaghetti dinner, if darryl wasn't being recruited for something else...



I didn't see any sausages on the menu...


i think Daryl is heading for an episode of personal sexual revelations, while Rick is heading for an episode of Road House
Image

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?
 
Posts: 14487
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 am
Location: Group W bench

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Fievel on Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:51 pm

TheBaxter wrote:i wonder if the "W" carved on the zombie's forehead stands for "Woodbury"?


Interesting! Would be interesting if someone (Morgan?) is doing some sort of migration pattern study on the walkers. You know, because there's nothing else to do when the world ends! :lol: I just assumed it was some nutter in the compound.... W = Walker and the "A" stamp = Alive.

TheBaxter wrote:and i was wondering for a moment there during spaghetti dinner, if darryl wasn't being recruited for something else...


Did you see the way he slurped that shit up? He passed the test.

so sorry wrote:Daryl as a recruiter is a terrible idea. He may be the greatest tracker, he may be able to "read people", but he's got all the personality of a stump of wood and the grace and charm of a crocodile. Can you imagine THAT GUY approaching your group and trying to give a motivation speech about joining his community? Fuck no, I'd run the other direction.


They should pair him up with Aaron's partner instead. Give the recruits two polar extremes.

I like where this is going. I love Sasha freaking out because these people are so fucking oblivious. Rick's teetering on the edge, too. I guess Carol in way, but it's by her own design. Were the priest and Eugene at the party? I don't remember seeing them.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12107
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby so sorry on Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:17 am

Well that escalated quickly.

Can anyone tell me what Douchebag said to Glenn before they left him? I couldn't make it out, sounded like he was confessing to something.

Everybody Eats Chris had perhaps the most gruesome death ever?

Our Gang will end up killing half this community, then take off for the next stop...seems a shame to leave such a nice place but I guess for the sake of having a show, they really can't stay in any one place too long.

Does no one in the community care that the only doctor is clearly a drunk? Speaking of which, that's a terrible addiction to have in the apocalypse...that (skunked) beer supply is going to run out sooner or later...dude needs to be working the home brew.
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15466
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:02 pm

I'm now three episodes behind, having got really bored of it.

Is it worth me catching up? Or will I still just be really bored with it?
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13930
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby so sorry on Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:34 pm

Fried Gold wrote:I'm now three episodes behind, having got really bored of it.

Is it worth me catching up? Or will I still just be really bored with it?



Yeah it can get that way for sure. I'd say just plow thru them, knowing that there are only 2(?) left. Might as well, right?
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15466
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Fievel on Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:38 pm

Douchebag said something like "we left them behind...that's what we do."
That's a statement that makes more sense at the construction site when Abraham goes to get the girl and the leader tells him to stop because they "have a system."
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
User avatar
Fievel
Mouse Of The House
 
Posts: 12107
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: White Lake, MI

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:35 am

one of the better episodes of the season for me. Tons of action and a fair amount of intrigue. I hope that they don't burn through the town too quickly. There's plenty of interesting story to mine there.

Most brutal death of the series, for my money, eclipsing Dale's and others. I didn't even really care about the character until that point, but the method and circumstances of the death still made it pretty powerful (not to mention the sheer brutality of it).
Image
User avatar
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked
 
Posts: 17641
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Pasture next to the Red Barn

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:09 am

i'm having a hard time figuring out how the townies survived for as long as they did before rick's group arrived.
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18958
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby so sorry on Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:42 am

TheBaxter wrote:i'm having a hard time figuring out how the townies survived for as long as they did before rick's group arrived.


A really really big, good wall.
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15466
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron