Glee!

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Glee!

Postby stereosforgeeks on Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:55 am

From Ryan Murphy creator of Popular, Nip/tuck, etc.. comes the comes the quirky HS shenanigans of a HS Glee club.

After the first two eisodes I think the show knows exactly what it wants to be and the tone is deadpan comedy, mixed with earnest emotions ratcheted up to 11. This is nowhere near anything realistic but you dont want it to be. The show could easily go way too far into cheese territory but so far it hasnt. All the characters while being ridiculous stereotypes managed not to let their portrayals go too far.

My major complaint is that at an hour an ep it feels too long. 1 hour is just too long for a comedy and this doesnt have the dramatic element to it for a dramedy. Also some of the musical numbers just go on a tad too long.

Is anybody else watching?
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Re: Glee!

Postby RogueScribner on Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:56 am

I caught half of the last episode. I didn't know it was coming back so soon.

What I saw was funny, though.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Re: gLee!

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:33 am

We are enjoying it so far but you are right. It could be shorter. And it does have a tendency to get to the edge of cheese. Like the crying in the car scene. I want less of that and more deadpan...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Ribbons on Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:34 am

Damn you for fighting me on the title change stereos! *shakes fist*

I have been watching it. I'm not totally sure how I feel about it yet, but Jane Lynch is fantastic in her role as head of the "Cheerios" and there are a lot of great one-liners ("What's a luftballoon?").

But it's interesting that Finn said he started to develop feelings for uh... Glee chick (I don't have all their names down yet, dammit) the first time he heard her sing, because I think that rendition of "Don't Stop Believing" at the end of the pilot is when I fell in love with the show. And as long as it seems like Glee! is capable of reaching those heights, I'm in it for the long haul.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby bill blake on Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:21 am

this show is doomed.

it's one of those things that not enough people are going to get. when they do they'll love it. like i do.

the musical numbers are great. especially the ones placed in the middle of the narrative. i think that's why it has to be an hour. i mean, how many numbers can you do in a half hour.

the whole thing is highly conceptualized and executed fantastically. there's a lot going on. comedy. an episodic storyline. a running storyline. singing. choreography. hot highschool girls in cheerleading outfits.

it's awesome. i'll miss it when it's canceled.

i was completely wrong.
Last edited by bill blake on Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
bill blake
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:20 am

It's already picked up for a full season!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby DanielSan on Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:50 pm

Very good show. Not great, but damn good. Even with all the stereotypes, what they've been doing with the stereotypes works well. I loved last week's episode with Kurt joining the football team to cover the fact that he's Dumbledore from his father. And when he finally came out, it was a believable, surprisingly touching scene.
DanielSan
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:02 pm

This weeks episode was the best yet. The whole football storyline really made me feel great, which is weirdly uncommon in today's shitstorm of terrible reality shows and cynical procedurals.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:56 pm

I really enjoyed it too but there was not enough singing in it this week...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:04 pm

Well I kind of like that they shake it up. Besides, if this show were forced to have a big production number every week, I think we would end up with a lot of mediocre numbers instead of fewer that are actually memorable. I totally geeked out during the previews showing them singing "Somebody to Love Me".
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Bob Samonkey on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:20 am

burlivesleftnut wrote: I totally geeked out during the previews showing them singing "Somebody to Love Me".

OMG! *squeal* Me too!

That previous statement was more of a joke then anything. Though the same song during the whole thing did get a little old. I really am liking this show.
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:51 am

I am liking that for all the optimism the show has most of the characters seem to be coming to terms with the shortfalls they have come across in their life. It makes for interesting duality. I think Jessalyn Gilsig is doing a marvelous job as the wife. She has turned a one note character into someone infinitely more complex than written. She also seems to be most at one with the unique tone of the show.

I think the only real problem with the show is that as written its mostly cliches piled on top of eachother. Ryan Murphy managed in Popular to utilize stereotypes in order to subvert them and I hope the same thing is coming here.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Ribbons on Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:50 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:I think Jessalyn Gilsig is doing a marvelous job as the wife. She has turned a one note character into someone infinitely more complex than written. She also seems to be most at one with the unique tone of the show.

I agree completely. If I had to nominate someone for an acting award on this show, it'd be her. Not only does she bring sympathy to one of the more antagonistic characters, but she can get a laugh out of a single look or line (which I assume is intentional)
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:25 pm

But her current storyline is just so dumb.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Ribbons on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:27 am

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby tfactor on Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:26 am

This show has become my guilty pleasure. :oops: Last night we watched something stupid on our DVR while we waited for last nights shows to start recording, so we could fw through the commercials. But once we hit 9:30pm - the first thing the wife and I wanted to watch was: Glee

Ribbons whatever that thing is that you posted - I can't seem to view the link fyi :? EDIT never mind - it works!

Anyway I personally like this show a lot, I like the songs and the performances, I like the story, I like where its going, LOVED LAST NIGHTS EPISODE and I like the characters - mostly I can't wait to see what happens next. In my experience - these are all tell tale signs that something is definitely going to go horribly horribly wrong :x

-T
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Ribbons on Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:09 pm

Joss Whedon directing an episode of "Glee":

Joss Whedon wrote:Hey kids and parents of kids and super-old, like ancestor-old-but-not-dead-yet-type people, just poking my oversized head in to say that the rumors are true... unless something very odd happens in the next few months, I will have the privilege of shooting an episode of GLEE. Why GLEE? Because I love cops, serial killers and gritty urban drama (I haven't seen the show yet). Why me? Because they're struggling and can't afford real directors. And to head off a few queries:

No, this doesn't mean Dollhouse definitely won't get a back nine. Our numbers mean that! But I kid. Okay, we're not exactly saving all the good stuff for 14-22, but nobody's closed the door. If D'House suddenly busts wide, huzzah, we'll still bring it, and I'll still go and direct an episode of Glee, because of my love of cops. These realities can co-exist. And possibly cross over, at least in fiction that I have wri - read. About.

What can we expect from a 'Joss Whedon' epsiode of Glee? An episode of Glee. God willin' and the crik don't rise, a good one. A television director's job is, on some level, to be anonymous; to find the most compelling way to present a story without calling attention to himself. I had a wonderful time doing just that on The Office, and hope to again. A guest director can bring a huge amount to the party (we've had CRAZY talent on Dollhouse), but the party isn't his. I just want to work with good people on a show that I like enough to have watched every episode several times. (I lied: I HAVE watched the show. And seriously, when do the cops show up?)

Whom will I kill? When will that go away? Is death really the only thing I'm known for? I'd hope not. You know how many people in the world actually die? ALL OF THEM. You know how many I've killed? Statistically, somewhat fewer. Can't we focus on another element of my work? Having said that, probably Principal Figgins. (No! I kid! God.)

Anyway, I hope that clears things up. I'm going to do my best, and more importantly, I'm going to do my best not to gush like a fanboy for eight straight days on set. Don't worry. I practiced with Bamber. I'm a pro.

Happy Monday. Especially for me. -j.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby DanielSan on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:13 pm

Ribbons wrote:Joss Whedon directing an episode of "Glee":

Joss Whedon wrote:Hey kids and parents of kids and super-old, like ancestor-old-but-not-dead-yet-type people, just poking my oversized head in to say that the rumors are true... unless something very odd happens in the next few months, I will have the privilege of shooting an episode of GLEE. Why GLEE? Because I love cops, serial killers and gritty urban drama (I haven't seen the show yet). Why me? Because they're struggling and can't afford real directors. And to head off a few queries:

No, this doesn't mean Dollhouse definitely won't get a back nine. Our numbers mean that! But I kid. Okay, we're not exactly saving all the good stuff for 14-22, but nobody's closed the door. If D'House suddenly busts wide, huzzah, we'll still bring it, and I'll still go and direct an episode of Glee, because of my love of cops. These realities can co-exist. And possibly cross over, at least in fiction that I have wri - read. About.

What can we expect from a 'Joss Whedon' epsiode of Glee? An episode of Glee. God willin' and the crik don't rise, a good one. A television director's job is, on some level, to be anonymous; to find the most compelling way to present a story without calling attention to himself. I had a wonderful time doing just that on The Office, and hope to again. A guest director can bring a huge amount to the party (we've had CRAZY talent on Dollhouse), but the party isn't his. I just want to work with good people on a show that I like enough to have watched every episode several times. (I lied: I HAVE watched the show. And seriously, when do the cops show up?)

Whom will I kill? When will that go away? Is death really the only thing I'm known for? I'd hope not. You know how many people in the world actually die? ALL OF THEM. You know how many I've killed? Statistically, somewhat fewer. Can't we focus on another element of my work? Having said that, probably Principal Figgins. (No! I kid! God.)

Anyway, I hope that clears things up. I'm going to do my best, and more importantly, I'm going to do my best not to gush like a fanboy for eight straight days on set. Don't worry. I practiced with Bamber. I'm a pro.

Happy Monday. Especially for me. -j.

This pleases me.
DanielSan
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby Bloo on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:29 pm

so last week I caught two episodes (the one where the kids all take vitamins and the one following that) loved it, got caught up on the whole series in less then a week

I'm hooked, glad to see others are too
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby RogueScribner on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:34 pm

I've been listening to both soundtracks pretty much non-stop for the past couple of weeks.

/dweeb
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Bloo on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:52 pm

I've been debating getting the soundtracks, looks like I might have to

I also have to give mad props to Mike O'Malley for his two apperances, who knew he could turn in such a dramatic performance

am I the only one that senses a possible hook up between Finn's mom and Kurt's dad?
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby DanielSan on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:01 am

Bloo wrote:am I the only one that senses a possible hook up between Finn's mom and Kurt's dad?

I hadn't thought of that, but it would be hysterical.
DanielSan
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby Bloo on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:23 am

DanielSan wrote:
Bloo wrote:am I the only one that senses a possible hook up between Finn's mom and Kurt's dad?

I hadn't thought of that, but it would be hysterical.

and make things all kind of uncomfortable

I would love it
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Bloo on Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:39 pm

There are some spoilers here so I'm spoiler texting
on Jan 5, I wrote,

"am I the only one that senses a possible hook up between Finn's mom and Kurt's dad"

from this weeks Entertainment Weekly article on the return of Glee

"Meanwhile, lovestruck Kurt sets up his father (Mike O'Malley) with Finn's mother (Carole Hudson), which creates even more awkward moments between the two glee guys."

Glee returns halfway through Lost this Tuesday, I'm looking for a DVR LOL or I'll be hitting up the torrents Tuesday night late
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Ribbons on Tue May 18, 2010 2:36 am

Tonight is the Joss Whedon-directed/Dr. Horrible-starring episode of Glee. I figured I'd give anyone curious a heads up in case they wanted to watch:

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Pacino86845 on Tue May 18, 2010 9:37 am

I really liked the show after the first arc was done, but now I fear that they'd blown their wad in terms of getting ideas out there. The three or so episodes they've done since the break have been pretty fillerish. Now I don't expect an evolving storyline at all times from such a light show, but there was totally a radical shift from how things were pre-break to how they are now. The Madonna episode was pretty cool, though.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby stereosforgeeks on Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:27 pm

I absolutely loathe this show now. It was never good but it had actual moments where the reality of none of them ever making it seeped in where it felt like it actually had some depth despite in spite of its hackneyed story lines or generally implausible characters.

In fact the only good characters on the show are Puck, Britney, and Santana. I think Britney is absolutely hilarious.

It's already picked up for a 3rd season which doesnt bode well for it actually getting it's act together either. Ill stick out the remaining episodes of the season but will definitely never be watching it again.

Ryan Murphy ruins yet another show. Go figure.

Also, Kurt = worst character on TV at this moment. Hes a walking Dumbledore cliche. Actually all the main players are cliches. They attempt to add depth to them with the storylines but as non of the motivations make sense or are even consistent it doesnt work.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Bloo on Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:55 pm

you know I can see your point, but in my opinon it follows the grand tradition of musical theater in that most of the characters ARE cliches.

But I think they've shown some real change and growth. The storyline it Indina Menzel and Lea Michele I thought had real depth (though I think it came as no surprise to anyone that the VA coach was her mom as soon as it was announced Menzel would be on the show)

And while few of the main cast have really grown much, to me the surprise of the show was how good Mike O'Malley has been as Kurt's dad. Although Kurt is a Dumbledore cliche, I think the struggle with him and his dad has been good. And I think it works that he's a cliche in that he's never been in a realtionship (or kissed even) a boy. He's struggling with feelings that he doesn't know how to handle so he's acting out the way he THINKS a Dumbledore kid is supposed to act out.

Or maybe I'm just thinking about this show too much.

Anyways the 2nd season had better show some emotional depth and range and change or I'll be disappointed, but I'm not giving up on it.
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby stereosforgeeks on Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:48 pm

Bloo wrote:you know I can see your point, but in my opinon it follows the grand tradition of musical theater in that most of the characters ARE cliches.

But I think they've shown some real change and growth. The storyline it Indina Menzel and Lea Michele I thought had real depth (though I think it came as no surprise to anyone that the VA coach was her mom as soon as it was announced Menzel would be on the show)

And while few of the main cast have really grown much, to me the surprise of the show was how good Mike O'Malley has been as Kurt's dad. Although Kurt is a Dumbledore cliche, I think the struggle with him and his dad has been good. And I think it works that he's a cliche in that he's never been in a realtionship (or kissed even) a boy. He's struggling with feelings that he doesn't know how to handle so he's acting out the way he THINKS a Dumbledore kid is supposed to act out.

Or maybe I'm just thinking about this show too much.

Anyways the 2nd season had better show some emotional depth and range and change or I'll be disappointed, but I'm not giving up on it.

Mike OMalley has been good as Kurts dad and that storyline has been ok in spite of Kurt.

My main problem is that they raise ideas and drop them too quickly. Things that should happen over the course of episodes start and stop in 1. Theres absolutely no subtlety.

Like in the past episode why did Mercedes invite Quinn to live with her? If they would have built up their friendship over the course of a couple episodes maybe that would have worked. However, it definitely didnt especially because Quinn ended up comparing pregnancy to OBESITY with all utter seriousness!!! There are a million examples of them doing things like this.

Also the tone seems to waver completely from episode to episode depending on which one of the three showrunners is responsible.

Lastly did anyone not think the music sucked last week too. I mean normally theres one song Ill like but this week I think they completely failed on all of them. The VA psych out song was wretched as well. In fact they may have ruined Loser!!!!!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:36 pm

I don't know, I have enjoyed Glee! for the most part. I have given up hope of it ever becoming what I had originally hoped (a masterful satire/musical/dramedy) and sort of accepted it for what it is (a hackneyed show being exploited as a cash cow with little care shown to plot, but with some fun musical numbers). If I can get some laughs (usually provided by Sue or Britney) and enjoy at least one to two of the musical numbers, I am happy. I have long had an affinity for musicals and teen shows...so this scratches a unique itch.

However, I will not sit there and defend the show from very valid criticisms. And SFG, I go back and forth with Kurt. I think I am realizing that I don't like Kurt, but I like Kurt w/ Mike O'Malley scenes. So, I tolerate Kurt so we can get some awesomeness from Mr. O'Malley. He is knocking it out of the park with what he is given. Kurt is just the crying vessel used to get there.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bloo on Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:02 pm

the music the last 2 weeks hasn't been all that great (with the exception of their version of Beth, which I thought was great). If they are going to do "theme" shows (Madonna or Gaga) they need to do it with a more significat artists, imagine a Johnny Cash episode or a U2 ep.

There has been SOME build up with Quinn and Mercedes (going back to when Mercedes was a cheerio and Sue was pressuring her to lose weight), I don't think though that they were comparing pregency to obsity, but rather talking about the troubles and names that girls that get pregneant in HS face (slut, tramp, pressure to abort, pressure to keep) and comparing it to lots of issues that people face and get teased about (obsity, race, sexual orintation, etc). I'm really disappointed in that the Quinn pregnancy storyline has faded to the background quite a bit in this 2nd half.

There are some really valid critisms of the show out there, I'm not arguing that, but I usually find myself enjoying the show. But I really haven't LOVED but only a few (the first one with Kristen Chenowerth, the Neil Patrick Harris/Joss Whedon ep...and I'm so glad there wasn't even a subtle mention of Dr. Horrible, I would have laughed but it wouldn't have felt right.)

Like I said, there really needs to be some growth in the charaters for me to continue, I'm praying that this isn't a Heroes trajectory type deal.

Thoughts on Tuesdays Finale? Will New Directions win and save the Glee program? Will Quinn have her baby on the stage? What will Sue do as a judge (and frankly that storyline makes NO sense because she shouldn't be allowed to judge a team from the same school she teaches at, but whatever)? The Drama!, The Excitement!, The Music!
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby RogueScribner on Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:14 am

It's not a perfect show, but it's a lot of fun. Sometimes characters are walking cliches, sometimes they show some depth. Most plot developments are in and out in an episode or two, probably a mandate from Fox to keep things audience friendly (i.e. no serialized storytelling on this show, gotta keep the n00bs from having to pay attention). For example, the whole Jesse thing could have been better handled. As it is, I don't really think it flowed or was integrated very well into the latter part of the season.

Still, they have some fun production numbers and I usually laugh a few times an episode (thank you Britney and Sue!). Plus I'm a sucker for the Will/Emma relationship. It's not great TV, but it has the potential to be.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Brocktune on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:21 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:I absolutely loathe this show now.

*whew!*
i was starting to become concerned for a second.
i was afraid i was going to be the only one to express this sentement.

its no surprise to me that the "whitest" show on television is on fox...
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:41 pm

Brocktune wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:I absolutely loathe this show now.

*whew!*
i was starting to become concerned for a second.
i was afraid i was going to be the only one to express this sentement.

its no surprise to me that the "whitest" show on television is on fox...

My fiancee hates it too. She hates it more than I do actually.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Ribbons on Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:12 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:In fact they may have ruined Loser!!!!!

To be honest, I actually think that version of "Loser" is the kind of thing Glee should be doing more often. Oddball humorous versions of songs that are just randomly launched into without any wind-up from Mr. Shoe. When every musical number is a showstopper then it dilutes the value of the ones where it's actually appropriate.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby stereosforgeeks on Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:30 pm

Ribbons wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:In fact they may have ruined Loser!!!!!

To be honest, I actually think that version of "Loser" is the kind of thing Glee should be doing more often. Oddball humorous versions of songs that are just randomly launched into without any wind-up from Mr. Shoe. When every musical number is a showstopper then it dilutes the value of the ones where it's actually appropriate.

I absolutely agree that Loser is the type of song they should be doing more of. Im sort of sick of the typical numbers they were doing. However it was the execution that blew. It was just a failed interpretation.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Ribbons on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:48 am

Yeah, it probably could have been handled a little better, although I think it was a good idea. I'm not trying to take the wind out of your sails though, because I have been a little disappointed with the show since it came back in April (or whenever). It might just be that it gets old after awhile, but I feel like something about it is different. The characters' edges have been smoothed over, the songs seem more forced, I don't know. It's a pet theory I have that whenever something becomes hugely popular, there's this shift between what the show actually was and this slightly-distorted version of itself that it thinks other people want to see.

The finale almost brought me back (and the musical numbers at Regionals were pretty amazing), but almost every moment of the episode that I liked was completely ruined by the writers spelling out what worked about it a minute later. They show Idina Menzel talking about starting a family, they show her look at baby Beth, and we know what she's thinking. Do they really need to show her to literally adopt that specific kid? That scene where it slowly dawned on Sue that she was more like the kids in Lima than the celebrities who wanted to put them in last place was great, but then Olivia Newton-John has to go "...and that's the difference between you and us; we have what it takes and we're going back to Hollywood blah blah blah" ...why would you do that? It's like going "so this was what we were trying to say in case any of you guys didn't catch that earlier," at the end of every scene! When Mr. Shoe hears "Don't Stop Believing" in the car and starts crying, then comes into the room and says "You guys brought me back with JOURNEY, so we're doing a JOURNEY medley, because it's about the JOURNEY," it's like they tried to wrap up two different subplots at the same time. Why do they edit themselves like that? Is Fox all up in their shit or something? I mean it is about the journey, so it'd be better if they didn't try to save the world with every episode. It's kind of a disservice to the premise.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Bloo on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:09 pm

what the hell is Eric Stolz doing directing episodes of Glee?
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Nice Marmot on Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:45 pm

Because it was the alternative to doing NOTHING, maybe?

I'm about over this show. For every funny moment there are 2 to 3 crappy ones.

And if they're going to make that hispanic chick so damn slutty can they make her pay w/ some kind of disease or gang rape or something?
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON

Postby Bloo on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:16 pm

maybe that's the next "very special" episode of Glee after this past weeks alcoholism one

Santana gets herpes, but cures it within the hour
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby SilentScream on Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:25 pm

Oh, get real.
Glee is a pile of steaming, stinking horse manure, beloved only by hormonally challenged teenage girls, post-menstrual women, super camp g@y guys and straight males who harbour a secret love for musical theatre.
SilentScream
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Bloo on Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:37 pm

SilentScream wrote:Oh, get real.
Glee is a pile of steaming, stinking horse manure, beloved only by hormonally challenged teenage girls, post-menstrual women, super camp g@y guys and straight males who harbour a secret love for musical theatre.

HEY I don't keep my love for musical theater hidden at all, and I'm totally straight

seriously guys... SERIOUSLY
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby SilentScream on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:33 am

Bloo wrote:
HEY I don't keep my love for musical theater hidden at all, and I'm totally straight

seriously guys... SERIOUSLY

So why all those pictures of Liza Minnelli on your bedroom wall then?
Worse still, why all those pictures of HUGH JACKMAN??
SilentScream
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Al Shut on Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:42 am

I know I'm talking about stuff long past everywhere else in the world, but yesterday I switched into the season 2 episode where they did some sort of charity show for a different club or something.

Did the down syndrome cheerleader really say she posts on the internet as TheBaxter? That's what I understood and I laughed 5 minutes straight.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Bloo on Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:09 pm

Al Shut wrote:I know I'm talking about stuff long past everywhere else in the world, but yesterday I switched into the season 2 episode where they did some sort of charity show for a different club or something.

Did the down syndrome cheerleader really say she posts on the internet as TheBaxter? That's what I understood and I laughed 5 minutes straight.

well now I'm curious and am going to have to track down that episode because if so, that's hilarious
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby darkjedijaina on Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:40 pm

shit, i'll have to look that up too. the character's name is Becky, btw.

I loved the first season of GLEE. 2nd season was ok. Now... grar.

The only thing I love about it now is Kurt and Blaine.
darkjedijaina
BAD ASH

Postby Al Shut on Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:19 am

darkjedijaina wrote:shit, i'll have to look that up too. the character's name is Becky, btw.

Maybe she said something like beckster

I wish I'd have paid more than just half attention.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Wiccan Woman on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:00 pm

darkjedijaina wrote:shit, i'll have to look that up too. the character's name is Becky, btw.

I loved the first season of GLEE. 2nd season was ok. Now... grar.

The only thing I love about it now is Kurt and Blaine.

Yes, she said she posts as The Beckster.

I agree, DJJ....the only decent storyline is is Blurt (or is it Klaine?). I generally pay attention now only when a song starts, especially when it's Kurt.

Vic's daughter and I play a fun game when we go out shopping: "Spot the Rachel outfit". My fault for turning her into a Gleek at 10. :oops:
Left behind
Wiccan Woman
AIRWOLF

Postby Bloo on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:07 pm

the Beckster that Baxter...same thing isn't it ;)

I'm still watching and I'm liking this season a litle better then season 2, but not a whole lot more.
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby darkjedijaina on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:26 am

i didn't like how the show felt when season 3 first started...but I'm digging it again, now. it feels more like it did in the beginning...

and i loved Unique's performance. i really hated the actor on the Glee Project...but the character, I'm kinda loving
darkjedijaina
BAD ASH

Next

Return to Coaxial