Vampire Diaries

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Vampire Diaries

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:15 pm

Police: 'Vampire Diaries' Actresses Flashed Drivers
Why do I get the feeling that cameraman drives a white van with no windows?
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: Vampire Diaries

Postby Bloo on Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:27 pm

how were the ratings for VAMPIRE DAIRIES because it seems like the sort of thing CW may want for some cheap publicity for the show
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby swoop91 on Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:36 am

Biggest show premiere ever at CW
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby papalazeru on Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:54 am

Anyone else watched this?

I saw the first ep and all I could do is draw comparisons with Twilight in that it's teen moody emo love triangle shit. Thanks but no thanks, I have smallville for all my camp needs.

Does this show get any better than teens looking forlorne and Anxtey? Is it worth continuing?

It doesn't seem to have the blood, the charm or the humour of True Blood, it does have a cute girl who's body is far too skinny to be humanly good for her, and there appears to be some top totty cannon fodder.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby stereosforgeeks on Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:19 pm

I think Lecko watches it. Im not sure it's ratings will be able to sustain it.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:56 pm

Yet ANOTHER farking Vampire production to add onto the burning heap of sooo many others out there already go fuck yourself. Papa hates it, so he threads it. Papa THREADS you at the drive thru, first he POSTS you then he THREADS you. Papa, thanks but no thanks, utterly unclassy of you.

I refuse to post in this thread about it out of protest, therefore hence, thus, go sayeth the Lord. Bless you. Don't move, I'll get you a towel.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Leckomaniac on Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:24 pm

I do indeed watch. Or, I have seen the first three episodes.

It is rubbish. Even for someone like me, that thrives on teen angst, it is difficult to get through.

There is no chemistry between any of the leads. And one of them has this witch thing going on that is just awful.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:13 am

Leckomaniac wrote:I do indeed watch. Or, I have seen the first three episodes.

It is rubbish. Even for someone like me, that thrives on teen angst, it is difficult to get through.

There is no chemistry between any of the leads. And one of them has this witch thing going on that is just awful.

Thanks Lecko.

I will consign this one to the sunlight so it can sizlle and turn to dust.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Maui on Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:19 am

I watch this.

It's a craptastic hour. The music is good though. :roll:
Maui
WoWie

Postby RogueScribner on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:45 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:I think Lecko watches it. Im not sure it's ratings will be able to sustain it.

Isn't it the #1 show on the CW right now?
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:53 pm

I believe it is. The last EP had 3.5 million viewers. That is more than Gossip Girl, 90210, Melrose Place, Smallville, etc.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:00 am

I don't watch this show (honest!!!), but I noticed on iTunes that the title of a recent episode was "Let the Right One In," which I thought was a cool nod to some less mainstream vampire fare that their audience might not have known about otherwise.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Maui on Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:44 pm

Yeah, I dunno. Some of their episode titles have made my eyes roll a bit.

Lost Girls
A Few Good Men
Unpleasantville

Yet, still I watch this angsty teen drama. I blame it on Ian Somerhalder. :oops:
Maui
WoWie

Vampire Diaries 2.01

Postby Robbles on Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:12 pm

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES
Ep. 2.01 “The Return”
Written by Kevin Williamson & Julie Plec

Previously on the season finale of The Vampire Diaries a whole butt-load of things happened. Emo brother Jeremy drinks vampire blood and decides to overdose on painkillers so he can be a vamp too. He just hurt so, so very much after his special vampire lady friend Anna‘s death he had to get rid of all those pesky feelings. Tyler Lockwood (son of Mayor BurnVictim) is affected by the screeching vampire device while behind the wheel of a car filled with minor characters. He crashes into a fence, seriously injuring Caroline‘s internal organs. Damon’s heart grows a little bit bigger and he kisses Elena on her front porch, only it’s not Elena…it’s super evil doppelganger Katherine. The ancient one proceeds to go into the kitchen and chop off a handful of Uncle\Daddy John’s fingers (I know) and stab him in the gut all prison style. The big cliffhanger was that right as Sark was getting gutted the real Elena got home and headed into The Kitchen of Doom and then it faded to black. Oh, and Stefan was off somewhere looking stoic.

I’ve been pretty skeptical of The Vampire Diaries during season one because I felt like they were piling characters on top of characters that weren’t very interesting to begin with. I mean, Damon is awesome mostly because of Ian Somerhalder’s stellar performance and Stefan stopped feeling like a lost Twilight character about halfway through the first season. But Christ, I just couldn’t stand Elena and her constant buzzkillery and frowny faced judgments. It was a perfect combination of Nina Dobrev’s generic performance and a character who’s written to just act as a plot device more than an actual person that made it so unengaging for me. I never saw anything in Elena that made me believe that Stefan and Damon would fall so deeply in love with her aside from her resemblance to Katherine, which they both say isn’t the reason for their obsession. And don’t get me started on Bonnie who seemed wooden and awkward all season until they killed off Grandma Jasmine Guy and she got all dark witch on everyone; Or on Caroline who seemed pointless from the first episode to the last. When she passed out due to her internal injuries in the finale, I just didn’t care but figured if she died then her boyfriend Matt (played by the excellent Zach Roerig of Friday Night Lights) might actually have something to do on the show.

But I don’t think people watch VD for the characters, I think they watch it for the plot (or maybe for the boys), and this season premiere had the plot barreling along at a breakneck pace. Jeremy doesn’t die from his “suicide” attempt because Anna’s blood healed him, which sucks because Jeremy would make a great vampire but also rules because Anna saved Jeremy from beyond the grave and, since I always thought Anna was the most sympathetic character on the show, it was a nice way to send her out. It’s also nice that everyone figures out Katherine was back fairly quickly because the evil imposter thing has been pretty overdone in genre television in the last 10 years. And then we have Tyler’s Hunkle Mason show up just in time, talking about the “Lockwood Curse,” which is either going to be flaky skin or Werewolfism. I’m leaning towards the latter.

I’m loving the darkness in Stefan since he drank human blood. With him scaring Jeremy straight and threatening Uncle Daddy to leave town, we’re finally seeing a dark side of Stefan that doesn’t seem like it’s going anywhere and it really gives Paul Wesley a chance to show he’s more than a perfect hair cut. On the flip side we were finally getting to see Damon soften up and make a conscience decision to start letting his humanity out again when Katherine showed up and ruined everything. The moment where she tells him that it was Stefan that she loved and not him was genuinely affecting since we’ve seen the lengths Damon would go to just to be with Katherine again, but also because we knew that this would knock Damon off of his path to redemption that he was trying so hard to stay on.

And then we come to the finale which had two definite holy shit moments. The first being Damon casually breaking Jeremy’s neck after Elena rebuffs him for the 50th time. It’s a good thing Jeremy was wearing Uncle Daddy’s special Ring of Non-Supernatural Death or he might have become a vampire just like he wanted, and nobody ever get’s what they want for long on The Vampire Diaries. The other showstopper was Katherine visiting poor, oblivious Caroline in the hospital and smothering her to death with a pillow. It was a wonderful moment only offset by the fact that we know she had some of Stefan’s blood in her system, so she won’t really be dead; but will she choose to feed or die?

Overall it was a very fast paced premiere that left me wanting more. My only real gripes were the distressing lack of Alaric Saltzman and the fact that it was the first episode where no one said “I get it.” I was getting so used to everyone “getting it” all the time. Is that a high school saying now? I was also wondering if anyone could tell if Katherine had a duplicate of the vervain necklace that Elena wears or if it was a different one, because it looked like the same necklace but I didn’t know why Katherine would wear it when it was filled with vervain. Anyway, it was a crackerjack of a premier and I’m sure next weeks will only be better… as long as Caroline stays dead. And my final question…what happened to the crow that always appeared before Damon did? They completely stopped doing that about halfway through last season. Was it his herald or can Damon actually turn into a crow? I hope he’s a birdman, personally. There are not enough birdmen on television anymore.

RATING- 8.5

Jared Rasic
Last edited by Robbles on Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Robbles
GLIB

Postby Robbles on Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:45 pm

Yeah. My wife made me watch it and somewhere around the end of season one I started to actually like it. I don't know how or why. But I do. I have already turned in my penis.
Robbles
GLIB

Postby Ribbons on Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:31 pm

lol, it's okay. We all have our guilty pleasures. Me, it's heroin.

Welcome to the Zone Robbles and thanks for the review. If you take a look around the Coaxial section I'm sure there'll be lots of shows you and the rest of us have in common.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby The Vicar on Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:43 pm

Ribbons wrote:lol, it's okay. We all have our guilty pleasures. Me, it's heroin.

At least three Zoners owe me $25.

What?
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Return to Coaxial