Justified

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: Justified

Postby Fievel on Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:20 pm

John-Locke wrote:
Fievel wrote:The Boyd/Raylan fight made me laugh out loud. I love the dynamic between these two characters and hope it never gets stale.

I don't think it ever will, the show runners seem to know that with these two put together, less is more.

As further exemplified by this week's episode, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I really like how this show maintains its multiple running storylines (Boyd/Dickie, Winona's pregnancy/Dixie Mafia) without forcing them into each week's episode, regardless if they are integral to that week's plot or not.
Nice to see Guarnere from Band of Brothers!
So is Carla Gugino playing Karen Sisco with a married last name, or is this a completely different character?
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:43 pm

This episode was kinda light on Raylan, but that's okay. It was nice to see Art get something to do. It was even better that it was getting to punch somebody in the face.

Looks like Mykelti Williamson is gonna be a pretty good bad guy.
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY

Postby Bloo on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:21 am

Fievel wrote:So is Carla Gugino playing Karen Sisco with a married last name, or is this a completely different character?

well...Karen Goodall uses the same collapseable baton that Sisco used, similar style dress (updated by 8 years though), comes from Miami, so yeah I'm guessing we're supposed to infer that Goodall IS Sisco

and watching Art go old school was pretty awesome, that's the great thing about Justified, you don't always have to have the focus on Raylan (though if they don't give Tim something to do other then shoot people, he's going to continue to be the most boring of the marshals)
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby The Vicar on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:58 pm

Well, that was fun, yes indeed! Kind of thought Raylan's was about to pull a Sean Bean in a Game of Thrones sort of way.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby Fievel on Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:24 am

The Vicar wrote:Well, that was fun, yes indeed! Kind of thought Raylan's was about to pull a Sean Bean in a Game of Thrones sort of way.

-One of the best shots I've seen in a long time. Unexpected and awesome.
-Poor Dewey. I can't think of a better character constantly abused for our viewing pleasure.
-Neal McDonough is going to gain some serious weight if he continues to chew up the scenes like that.
-And the final, obvious thought of the episode..... the note.... Winona gone for good? Gone until baby is born? A note saying the house is sold? A note asking to pick up some milk?
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Brit Pop on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:16 pm

-And the final, obvious thought of the episode..... the note.... Winona gone for good? Gone until baby is born? A note saying the house is sold? A note asking to pick up some milk?

I believe it was a ransom note from whoever kidnapped the Hat!

I dont think he had it on once the entire ep.
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby The Vicar on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:09 pm

I don't recall much if any hat in this past episode either.
Raylan should start wearing a fez. Fezzes are cool.
The Vicar

Postby Fievel on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:25 am

The Vicar wrote:Raylan should start wearing a fez. Fezzes are cool.

You need to either stop posting or post more when you're on your meds. I'm not quite sure. :lol:

Good episode, and I'm glad to see there was no drawn-out ambiguity about Winona.
The evidence room guard's early retirement..... awesome. :lol: And I hope he gets away with it.

Aside from all that, it was a pretty brutal episode, and I liked that. I'm not saying every episode needs to have multiple post-fellatio shotgun deaths followed by a woman getting the shit beat out of her.... but there was definitely no chance of falling asleep during this episode!!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Bloo on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:30 am

Rylan beating the shit out of the pimp was pretty awesome too.
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Fievel on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:53 am

Bloo wrote:Rylan beating the shit out of the pimp was pretty awesome too.

The fact that the actor is related to Tom Cruise sadly aided my enjoyment. :oops:
(and I do think Mapother can be an interesting character every now and then)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby The Vicar on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:49 am

Can not go wrong with a solid pimp slap down.
The Vicar

Postby John-Locke on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:03 pm

Only two episodes to go and things have really heated up like never before in this show, so many characters involved in so many multi-layered schemes and shenanigans you'd think it'd be hard to keep track of but there is an enormous amount of clarity which only helps to ramp up the excitement levels. Mykelti Williamson and Neal McDonough have been excellent this season, the bit with the katana scabbard was some pure nasty stone cold killer shit, Limehouse manages to be one menacing mofo and I don't think we've seen him spill a drop of blood yet himself... excellent stuff as I said. However I don't think either of them (certainly not both) are going to make it out of this season alive. Wynn Duffy on the other hand continues to be one of the most Elmorian (thanks for the new word Fievel, back on page 2) characters in history, the way he's playing his side of things is such a pleasure to watch unfold, he's just been waiting for his moment to get out alive and maybe fill a power vacuum and I hope that opportunity comes his way. I'd love to see him back next season, taking care of the Oxy business for Detroit and the Adam Arkin Boss character. Everyone else from previously seasons continues to be their BADASS selves of course.

Plus Michael Ironside, a pleasure as always.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Fievel on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:13 am

John-Locke wrote:Only two episodes to go and things have really heated up like never before in this show, so many characters involved in so many multi-layered schemes and shenanigans you'd think it'd be hard to keep track of but there is an enormous amount of clarity which only helps to ramp up the excitement levels.

I don't think the current status of the show could possibly be described better. I watched the most recent two episodes back-to-back, and that was just dumb. Coming down from the rush of those two episodes sucked. I need next week NOW!!! There's no way Quarles survives the season, but I can see Limehouse squeaking through. I don't see the supposed ambush by Dickie Bennet & Limehouse's guy going well. I'm guessing the guy is either luring Dickie to the holler to die or he's going die himself trying to take out Limehouse. Quarles has been made to be such an absolute monster of a human being. He'll have a nice death.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby The Vicar on Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:53 pm

Limehouse will be left standing - of that I have no doubt.
Dickie and Quarles, however, are screwed.
Mapother is /was one of Joss Whedon's crew - from Firefly.
Also showed up in Buffy, the regrettable years ( 7 & 8).

Quarles deserves an epic death - I hope Art dispatches him.
Art needs to pop a cap into someone's ass, just for balance sake.
The Vicar

Postby Bloo on Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:19 pm

I really hope Quarles doesn't bite it, I've really been enjoying Neal McD this season, but it's not going to surprise me one bit when he does die
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby DennisMM on Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:27 pm

Something bad always happens to cousin Neal. It's his fate.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Fievel on Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:55 am

Bloo wrote:I really hope Quarles doesn't bite it, I've really been enjoying Neal McD this season, but it's not going to surprise me one bit when he does die

He has been good, no doubt. But I really hate seeing anyone from Easy Company being a bad guy, especially such an evil monster.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Brit Pop on Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:51 pm

Last ep of S3 tonight.... damn! I try to recommend Justified to my friends... but season 1 is a slow-burn and they never get more than two eps in, their loss I guess!
Season 3 is great, but 2 was better IMO... I do like Quarles as a bad guy though, but let's hope the writers don't go all Sylar and keep him around and convert him to a goodie, like they sorta did with Boyd!!
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:45 pm

Knock Knock
Who's there?
Ummmm, nobody. The new season of Justified is on!!!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:34 am

At last!
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:07 am

Holy shit that was good.

Like Patton Oswald.
Loved Boyd's Army buddy "taking care" of the guy. Boyd's reaction line was a laugh out loud moment for me.
Loved Arlo - holy shit that was a jaw-dropper ending!!!

Totally fucking intrigued by the parachuting dead guy.

Snake-charming preacher? Yawn.

No Art? Boo.

No Winona possibly ever? Big fucking boo.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby John-Locke on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:27 pm

That Snake Preacher guy was the kid from Jurassic Park/The Pacific.

Excellent episode, the great moments of this episode were as good as, if not better, than most of the films from 2012.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Fievel on Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:35 am

Just.... yes.

I mean, really. Yes.

Fucking slow burn of a beginning as far as the overall arc goes, and that's fine with me.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Bloo on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:18 am

Fievel wrote:Just.... yes.

I mean, really. Yes.

Fucking slow burn of a beginning as far as the overall arc goes, and that's fine with me.

seconded and Jere Burns' Wyn Duffy continues to be amazing and creepy even in small doses.

So any theories? where is all this leading?

Dixie Mafia/Snake preacher/Waldo Truth all connected? and How is Limehouse going to show back up (isn't Mykelti Williams contracted for some apperances this season?) and dammit I miss Dewey Crowe (I know he's on...Vegas I think?)
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Fievel on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:48 am

Bloo wrote:
Fievel wrote:Just.... yes.

I mean, really. Yes.

seconded and Jere Burns' Wyn Duffy continues to be amazing and creepy even in small doses.

So any theories? where is all this leading?

Dixie Mafia/Snake preacher/Waldo Truth all connected? and How is Limehouse going to show back up (isn't Mykelti Williams contracted for some apperances this season?) and dammit I miss Dewey Crowe (I know he's on...Vegas I think?)

That whole last line.... such a testament to the quality of characters on this show.

Snake preacher's sister's pissy look shows that there's an obvious grift going on, except I don't think there necessarily is in the preacher's mind. I think this is going to be completely separate from the Dixie Mafia. Speaking of which, I don't know if I'm happy or disappointed to see Wynn Duffy's balls return to his nutsack after last season when Quarles essentially removed them and threw them away. Quite a dramatic shift/return for him now. And Limehouse? Shit..... he'd better return. Any character that good, and still alive, has GOT to come back.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:38 am

Arlo....
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:44 pm

What an ending to that season.

And to end it with Raylan camped out fixing up Alro's place.
I love this show.
It bothers me severely that no one watches it.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Ribbons on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:52 pm

I have the first season on DVD!

I will report back with my findings in maybe 3 years.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby travis-dane on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:50 pm

Fievel wrote:What an ending to that season.

And to end it with Raylan camped out fixing up Alro's place.
I love this show.
It bothers me severely that no one watches it.

Hey, I am watching every episode.
Wynn Duffy is back!
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Fievel on Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:45 am

travis-dane wrote:Wynn Duffy is back!

Interesting arc with him over the seasons..... starts off as a strong villain. Gets absolutely neutered by Quarles last season. Is a villain again this season, but restrained somewhat by Augustine. But in that final scene it was obvious... like you said, Wynn Duffy is back.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Bloo on Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:53 am

what a fucking season! Very slow born, and not a season I'd recommend people start with (like my friend Michele tried to do...I told her "start with season one") but it just kept building and building and building. Is it January 2014 yet?
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Hermanator X on Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:28 pm

I watched the first few eps when they aired, and loved them, but for some reason didnt keep up with it. Too much going on elsewise I guess.
Anyway, recently getting netflix I had another watch and became hooked.
Was very cool to be able to watch all 3 seasons in a short time. I think its a fantastic show and I loved season 4.

As much as the mystery got some stick for not being groundbreaking, I thought it was well done, and kept my interest.
Whether by design or happy coinicidence it seemed to provide a good way to explore the extended history of harlan county and its denizens. I enjoyed this more than macguffin of the mystery.

The ambiguous ending was great, does Raylan see the house as a fixer upper to sell, or does he somewhat give into his roots and move in? Either way hes bound to do some contemplating while hes there. Notice that it looked like he was living in a caravan, rather than the house proper.
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:17 am

Alicia Witt & Edi Gathegi Join FX’s ‘Justified’

Witt will play Wendy Crowe, the smart, sexy sister of crime lord Dale Crowe (Michael Rapaport). She’s a paralegal and the public face of the Crowe crime family. She dickers with Raylan (Timothy Olyphant) to cut a nice deal for Dale, in exchange for essentially nothing tangible, and enjoys outmaneuvering the Kentucky lawman. Gathegi will play Jean Baptiste, a Haitian criminal in the employ of the Crowe family. The villain in charge of the Crowe family gator farm, he’s a former member of the Haitian secret police and has a coldly merciless attitude when it comes to disposing of both gators and humans.

Don't know if I knew Rappaport was coming on board, but he and Witt will make excellent additions! And hopefully two new Crowes will bring back Dewey! I miss that dumbass.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:39 am

Tuesday night, y'all!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Bloo on Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:14 pm

Somehow I missed the Rappaport and Witt news as well although I knew they were going to really explore the Crowes this season.
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Fievel on Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:41 am

2015 season will be the last for “Justified.”

:(

Sad because I hate to see a good show go.
Sad because this show is criminally fucking underrated.
But happy that it will get a proper send-off and not grow stale.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:12 pm

R.I.P. to another TV show that I never followed, despite all the great things I've heard about it (see also: The Wire, Eastbound and Down, Breaking Bad). My list of "Show's Missed" is longer than my list of "Show's I watch" anymore... I place the blame solely on my wife and kids for not allowing me to spend every waking minute watching what I want to watch. :twisted:
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:00 pm

What are the odds Amy Smart's character turns out to be dirty, and not the good kind of dirty?
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:12 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:What are the odds Amy Smart's character turns out to be dirty, and not the good kind of dirty?

90%. She's a romantic interest for Raylan - that can't end well.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:25 pm

I'm guessing it's only a matter of time until Boyd buries the Crows alive.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:11 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:I'm guessing it's only a matter of time until Boyd buries the Crows alive.

But will Raylan bury himself in a Crowe? I loves me some Alicia Witt, but I hate her character.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:05 pm

Another entertaining season with a helluva ending setting up the final season. A lot of reviews are bitching about the season in general, but every time I started to get annoyed by it, something great happened - the Justified way, as far as I'm concerned. I think Mary Steenburgen is going to be a fantastic addition to the cast.
So....
-Is the Mexican Cartel going to come back for final redemption?
-Have we heard the last from Theo Tonin?
-Are Wendy and Kendal going to keep quiet down in Florida?
-Could Dickie Bennet pleeeease get out on a technicality to make things interesting?
-How will Loretta McCready make an appearance in the final season, because you know she will?
-And what about Limehouse? We've gots to have more Limehouse before it's all said and done, don't we?
-Is Art going to go back to the office to finish up with Crowder or is he done now?
And finally.....
-Will Raylan go to Florida, stay in Kentucky, or be killed in the line of duty?
-Oh, and I think ol' Timmy is going to become addicted to pills this next season. Just seemed too obvious having him pop them center screen like he did. Could be wrong, but it was just a little odd and in-your-face.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Previous

Return to Coaxial