Justified

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: Justified

Postby Fievel on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:14 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:There was a real nice promo just before the end of the Superbowl. Absolutely cannot wait until Wednesday night.

"Do... I.. feel..." CRACK!!

Hilarious!!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Bloo on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:21 am

I've seen that promo a couple of different times and it's good every time I see it
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby The Vicar on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:22 am

Fievel wrote:
Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:There was a real nice promo just before the end of the Superbowl. Absolutely cannot wait until Wednesday night.

"Do... I.. feel..." CRACK!!

Hilarious!!

Nice. Very nice. I know what I'm doing Wednesday.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby papalazeru on Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:55 pm

Justified is baaaack! and it's beautiful.

So much fun for a first ep.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby The Vicar on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:34 pm

Mongo likey.
The Vicar

Postby Bloo on Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:35 pm

great episode
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby John-Locke on Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:38 pm

The scene at the end with the Apple Pie was some cold ass shit man.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Fievel on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:29 pm

John-Locke wrote:The scene at the end with the Apple Pie was some cold ass shit man.

Seriously.
I love how this season began at the end of last season. The tiniest bit with Boyd was awesome, and the rest of the episode never let up. Love the new family that appears to be this season's recurring storyline. Just a fucking great show top to bottom.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Bloo on Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:12 am

I was flipping through channels tonight and saw the last little part of the Hannah Montana movie, what caused me to stop was seeing Mags (the moonshine lady, heavy this season) which was kind of weird LOL I started imagining a Hannah Montana/Justified crossover
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby The Vicar on Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:13 am

Bloo wrote:I was flipping through channels tonight and saw the last little part of the Hannah Montana movie, what caused me to stop was seeing Mags (the moonshine lady, heavy this season) which was kind of weird LOL I started imagining a Hannah Montana/Justified crossover

I think that's mentioned in the book of Revelations.
Does not end well.
The Vicar

Postby Bloo on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:52 am

The Vicar wrote:
Bloo wrote:I was flipping through channels tonight and saw the last little part of the Hannah Montana movie, what caused me to stop was seeing Mags (the moonshine lady, heavy this season) which was kind of weird LOL I started imagining a Hannah Montana/Justified crossover

Does not end well.

as long as Miley Cyrus dies, I"m cool with that
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby DaleTremont on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:05 pm

I think she was also in 'Hung' for an episode as one of Thomas Jane's johns (janes?). That is to say, a lady he was paid to bang. I'm hoping for a Justified/Hung/Videodrome crossover where Timothy Olyphant can become a male prostitute for a day and then I can get sucked into the television.

Oh and Justified season 2 is really excellent.
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby Fievel on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:30 pm

DaleTremont wrote:Oh and Justified season 2 is really excellent.

Yes, yes it is. I'm loving it so far. I really hope they can keep the Raylan/Boyd dynamic right where it is now because it's just perfect. Ava though? She could get run over by a Prius for all I care. I was done with her at the end of Season 1, and seeing her at the end of that last episode just made me go :roll: . I loved the ex-wifes expression at the very end of the episode when Raylan told her it was her husband he was talking to. Perfect. Oh, and speaking of the ex- I hope they're not going to turn him into some sort of badass now, because.... well... he isn't, although I do enjoy seeing William Ragsdale from a nostalgic perspective.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby DaleTremont on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:38 pm

Fievel wrote:
DaleTremont wrote:Oh and Justified season 2 is really excellent.

Yes, yes it is. I'm loving it so far. I really hope they can keep the Raylan/Boyd dynamic right where it is now because it's just perfect. Ava though? She could get run over by a Prius for all I care. I was done with her at the end of Season 1, and seeing her at the end of that last episode just made me go :roll: . I loved the ex-wifes expression at the very end of the episode when Raylan told her it was her husband he was talking to. Perfect. Oh, and speaking of the ex- I hope they're not going to turn him into some sort of badass now, because.... well... he isn't, although I do enjoy seeing William Ragsdale from a nostalgic perspective.

Ava should be someone you want to keep seeing because they set her up as the pretty, vulnerable formerly-abused wife who became a semi-badass by refusing to move out of town even while she was being harassed and threatened. Also she played one of John Cusack's exes in HIgh Fidelity. But for some reason, I agree with you, Fievel, she can't really seem to keep my interest. She kinda flits around the edges of the show. Maybe it's a case of life imitating art. Raylan doesn't really care about her anymore and consequently we don't either.

But I'm not entirely clear on her and Boyd. I forgot where that ended up last season. Was that last shot supposed to make us as an audience go "Wait a second!" or was there some sort of build up to that at the end of last season?
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:45 pm

Mags was also Dewey Cox's mom.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Vicar on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:16 am

Bloo wrote:
The Vicar wrote:

Does not end well.

as long as Miley Cyrus dies, I"m cool with that

Word. Big time.
The Vicar

Postby Fievel on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:05 am

DaleTremont wrote:But I'm not entirely clear on her and Boyd. I forgot where that ended up last season. Was that last shot supposed to make us as an audience go "Wait a second!" or was there some sort of build up to that at the end of last season?

Well... the end of last season turned out to be the beginning of this season (shootout at the cabin), and they never really said what happened to her (after Raylan tracked the cartel woman to the airport and found Boyd also chasing her). Ava and Boyd in the same house was just mind-boggling after everything that happened last season. I don't remember any sort of apology/acceptance offered by either.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Bloo on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:21 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:Mags was also Dewey Cox's mom.

WRONG KID DIED!
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Ironical on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:49 pm

She was also obsessed with Key Lime piiiie in Dexter. What's with this woman and pies?
Just because I don't wanna war with you, don't mean go warm up the barbecue.
My high noon is a quick little minute, I don't want to spend it sitting with a critic, who simply isn't going to ever really get it.
Ironical
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Bloo on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:03 pm

Ironical wrote:

She was also obsessed with Key Lime piiiie in Dexter. What's with this woman and pies?

umm not to be rude or crude, but have you seen this woman, I don't think her and pie are strangers ;)
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby theangiechrist on Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:54 pm

Ironical wrote:

true dat!
theangiechrist
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:21 am

Bloo wrote:

WRONG KID DIED!

It just occurred to me the other day that the marshall's dad was also Dewey Cox's dad. If they have a scene together on "Justified" I hope they play with that. Maybe the old family history is someone got cut in half real bad.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bloo on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:43 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:
Bloo wrote:

WRONG KID DIED!

It just occurred to me the other day that the marshall's dad was also Dewey Cox's dad. If they have a scene together on "Justified" I hope they play with that. Maybe the old family history is someone got cut in half real bad.

oh man that would be funny
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Fievel on Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:28 am

This week's episode was THE BOMB!
Seriously, if Boyd can remain the "Bad Guy With A Heart"..... that would be fine with me.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby John-Locke on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:34 am

I wonder what he asked Ava?

Mags using the hammer on her sons hand was some fucked up shit man.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Fievel on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:50 pm

John-Locke wrote:Mags using the hammer on her sons hand was some fucked up shit man.

Seriously! I was twitching in my seat when that happened. Very uncomfortable/effective scene.

The cries of "I love you momma!" were either a nice touch or excessively over the top. Don't know that there is a clear-cut answer there.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Bloo on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:53 pm

Fievel wrote:
John-Locke wrote:Mags using the hammer on her sons hand was some fucked up shit man.

Seriously! I was twitching in my seat when that happened. Very uncomfortable/effective scene.

The cries of "I love you momma!" were either a nice touch or excessively over the top. Don't know that there is a clear-cut answer there.

squirming in my seat here too, I liked the "I love you momma" cries, I thought it added something to it, but I could be wrong
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:04 pm

Bloo wrote:
Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:
Bloo wrote:

WRONG KID DIED!

oh man that would be funny

Saw today that Mags was in The Rocketeer.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby VegasRon on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:41 am

So I've come to the conclusion that Winona is the Sookie of Justified. And I hate Sookie.

On the other hand, Boyd and Eva are the best non-couple couple on television. There is a lot of potential with these two, and I hope it's fully realized.

This is easily the best show on TV.
You can't take the sky from me...
VegasRon
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Bloo on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:25 pm

VegasRon wrote:So I've come to the conclusion that Winona is the Sookie of Justified. And I hate Sookie.

On the other hand, Boyd and Eva are the best non-couple couple on television. There is a lot of potential with these two, and I hope it's fully realized.

This is easily the best show on TV.

Winona is really getting on my nerves as well, I kept hoping Art would bust her with all that money
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby theangiechrist on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:50 am

I freaking love how chicks just throw themselves at Raylan and he just looks all dumbfounded with that hambone face of his. LOL
Classic.
theangiechrist
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby jusifiedfan82 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:17 pm

Justified is the best show right now, ranks with Mad Men, Breaking Bad and Boardwalk Empire. This week's episode "Full Commitment" proved its status, immeasurably. Visit http://justifiedfan.blogspot.com/ for more.
jusifiedfan82
GLIB

Postby TonyWilson on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:31 pm

Bloo wrote:
Fievel wrote:

squirming in my seat here too, I liked the "I love you momma" cries, I thought it added something to it, but I could be wrong

The "I love you momma" bits were essential because it shows how mags has warped her children to such an extent they believe they are at fault for her brutal actions and are actually thankful to have been punished so that htey can then be forgiven. That's some fucked up shit right there. It also ties in nicely with her big speech to the town meeting where she basically couches all of her avarice and greed in these maternal, concenred champion of the people, defender of the faith bullshit. Martindale is doing amazing work. If it wasn't for her Walton Goggins would be the best actor on TV right now.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby The Vicar on Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:52 pm

Only, what, a couple of episodes left this season? The upcoming finale ought to be balls out entertainment.
Heads are going to roll. Great.
The Vicar

Postby Fievel on Fri May 06, 2011 11:18 pm

The Vicar wrote:Only, what, a couple of episodes left this season? The upcoming finale ought to be balls out entertainment.
Heads are going to roll. Great.

And holy fucking shit did that EVER happen!! I just watched the finale last night. I must have sounded like a scratched record because I found myself saying "Whoa!" out loud every three minutes. And when that bulletwentinto Doyle's forehead that garnered both an audible "Yeah!" and a pumped fist in the air from me. I heart Art.

I'm still disappointed that this series isn't a popular MUST SEE show... at least it doesn't seem that way with people I know or even here in the Zone. But I get to see it and enjoy it, so I've got that going for me.... which is nice.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Bloo on Sat May 07, 2011 1:12 am

yeah it was a great freaking episode, I've turned a lot of people out here to it
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Fievel on Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:23 pm

Mark your calendars.... January 17th is the start date!
Source.
Last edited by Fievel on Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby theangiechrist on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:03 pm

I CAN'T WAIT! My husband is already reminding me that Mags is dead. He knows how to hurt me, deep down. What a basterd.
theangiechrist
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby The Vicar on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:08 pm

Waiting now. I don't wait well. shit Is it still November?
The Vicar

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:26 am

No.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:57 pm

I just powered through the second season on DVD. I am now prepared to actually watch this show when it airs.
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY

Postby Fievel on Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:37 am

Two more days!!!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby The Vicar on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:00 am

Best use of a tablecloth evar!!! And we're off!
The Vicar

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:42 am

I'm looking forward to this season. The tablecloth thing was cool, Raylan/Boyd fight, Neal McDonough's always a reliable villain. I'm liking Ava more already. Can't beat the old skillet-to-the-face maneuver.
caruso_stalker217

Postby Fievel on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:17 am

Agree with Vicar and Caruso.

The Boyd/Raylan fight made me laugh out loud. I love the dynamic between these two characters and hope it never gets stale. I also love how the fight puts Boyd back in prison... along with Dickie. That's going to be good!! I have pretty much hated Ava since the first season, but that pan-to-the-face bit made me completely change my mind on her.

One thing about this show that I initially hate but then grow to love - the amount of idiot antagonists that pop up. I'm thinking of Frying Pan Guy, but also of Boyd's old associate that's in prison with Dickie. Characters like this usually start off seeming to be stereotypical idiots, but ultimately they are given fantastic dialogue that turns them into comic relief. McDonough is going to be fun to watch. He always is, but him in this setting is going to be awesome. Definitely not a stereotypical idiot. Loved his gun, too - seemed like a perfect accessory in an Elmore Leonard world.

This season looks like it'll be another good one.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:20 pm

The dude with the icepick was good too.
caruso_stalker217

Postby The Vicar on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:46 pm

caruso_stalker217 wrote: Can't beat the old skillet-to-the-face maneuver.

That, too, was beautiful. Much to like in this opening salvo.
The Vicar

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:35 pm

Liked that Art got a little moment, too. "That's my job, asshole."
caruso_stalker217

Postby John-Locke on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:28 pm

Loved it, one of the best episodes yet (especially the tablecloth bit), I hope the rest of the season can deliver on the potential displayed here.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby John-Locke on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:31 pm

Fievel wrote:The Boyd/Raylan fight made me laugh out loud. I love the dynamic between these two characters and hope it never gets stale.

I don't think it ever will, the show runners seem to know that with these two put together, less is more.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial