Justified

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: Justified

Postby Maui on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:39 am

From the preview for next week's episode, it looks like Cameron (from Ferris Bueller) has a guest role.

I can't decide who I like better with Raylan: Sassy Ava or bitchy Winona. I'm also curious when this mysterious Dad is going to show up.

Great episode last night.

P.S. I kinda enjoy watching Olyphant saunter around in each episode.
Maui
WoWie

Postby travis-dane on Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:01 am

Another good ep this week. Raylan finishing of the two Cartel killers was priceless.
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby John-Locke on Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:19 pm

I liked the bit where the Bueller dude pulled out that guys teeth, I did find the conclusion a little predictable though, still fun but you could see it coming a mile off.

Adam Arkin directed this weeks episode, maybe he'll step behind the camera on FX's SOA next season, be nice if they did some kind of cross over episode too.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby travis-dane on Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:47 pm

John-Locke wrote:I liked the bit where the Bueller dude pulled out that guys teeth, I did find the conclusion a little predictable though, still fun but you could see it coming a mile off.

Adam Arkin directed this weeks episode, maybe he'll step behind the camera on FX's SOA next season, be nice if they did some kind of cross over episode too.

Yeah, the end was predictable, but still it was done well. An Justfied/SoA crossover would be nice.
-
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Maui on Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:49 pm

I enjoyed the Hermey g@y dentist discussion at the shootout.
Maui
WoWie

Postby travis-dane on Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:56 pm

Maui wrote:I enjoyed the Hermey g@y dentist discussion at the shootout.

"The little g@y dude?"
:lol:
-
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Bloo on Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:22 pm

the g@y dentist discussion was great, felt to me like something Leonard would write. I was at my local library the other day and almost picked up the two Rylan Givens books considering I just finished Road Dogs which connects Riding The Rap (I believe) to Out of Sight (and Maximum Bob)

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I'd love to see Carla Guigino guest star as Karen Sisco though I have no idea what that would take, legal wise. Micheal Keaton would be cool too.
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Ribbons on Mon May 03, 2010 6:48 pm

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fievel on Mon May 03, 2010 7:36 pm

Which is awesome.
I absolutely love this show.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Bloo on Mon May 03, 2010 7:58 pm

I'm excited to see it getting a 2nd season, I would like to see an overall story (not that every episode has to advance the story but a general arc) maybe follow the general storylines behind Pronto or Riding The Rap
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby travis-dane on Tue May 04, 2010 1:26 am

Good news, very good show. M.C. Gainey is a fucking giant.
-
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby BLACK CHERRY on Tue May 04, 2010 2:33 am

Fievel wrote:

Which is awesome.
I absolutely love this show.

I couldn't agree more. The dynamic between Olyphant and Goggins alone makes it worth watching. Could do without Ava, even though, she did redeem herself slightly in my eyes in the latest epi. I'm also glad Art told Raylan and his stupid tail off, he so deserved it. I think I laughed through the whole tongue lashing he got, because he looked like he was being sent to the principal's office. No sign of his usual swagger and bravado then. :lol:
BLACK CHERRY
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Fievel on Thu May 13, 2010 2:18 am

Holy crap. Even when Raylan is on vacation cool shit still happens!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Bloo on Thu May 13, 2010 2:25 am

Fievel wrote:Holy crap. Even when Raylan is on vacation cool shit still happens!

no shit what a great episode, and ery quoteable "you're wearing a 10 gallon hat on a 20 gallon head"
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Brit Pop on Thu May 13, 2010 4:57 pm

I must admit that, after a slow-burn over the first four or so episodes... this show has firmly found its feet... and their planted in good 'ol cowboy boots!

Even Oly-fantastic has grown on me despite a shaky start!

But now the show has Mr Friendly in it as well - as a shit-kicking, hillbilly crime lord!!! You can't go wrong!

Unlike V... or Flashforward... or Heroes... Justified has my full attention.

ps - Over the last nine episodes there have been 2 main actors from the film 'Cool Runnings' in it... wonder if someone involved in the production of Justified was on that project... not holding out much hope for John Candy showing up though.
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Thu May 13, 2010 5:36 pm

Brit Pop wrote:ps - Over the last nine episodes there have been 2 main actors from the film 'Cool Runnings' in it... wonder if someone involved in the production of Justified was on that project... not holding out much hope for John Candy showing up though.

Now THAT is some good stats! Two points to Brit Pop! (go ahead and take $5 out of Petty Cash. You earned it!)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Brit Pop on Thu May 13, 2010 5:56 pm

Fievel wrote:
Brit Pop wrote:ps - Over the last nine episodes there have been 2 main actors from the film 'Cool Runnings' in it... wonder if someone involved in the production of Justified was on that project... not holding out much hope for John Candy showing up though.

Now THAT is some good stats! Two points to Brit Pop! (go ahead and take $5 out of Petty Cash. You earned it!)

In the first episode I saw Doug E Doug in the credits, and remembered him as 'the funny one' out of CR... in the last episode I recognised the ex-ball player... and just had to IMDb him coz it was driving me mad what I knew him from...

And lo and behold!
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby John-Locke on Thu May 13, 2010 7:10 pm

Yeah Doug E Doug was the guy running the Marijuana church that Googins shot with the RPG, I knew I recognised the ex NFL guy from this weeks but I didn't know where from.

Great episode this week, that guy trying to get the money from Brewster from Fright Night was pretty terrifying, a character straight out of a Leonard story only toned down a touch, he probably would've killed the NFL guy and raped his wife in a real Leonard story. I hope we see him back in a future season.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Fievel on Thu May 13, 2010 8:15 pm

John-Locke wrote:Great episode this week, that guy trying to get the money from Brewster from Fright Night was pretty terrifying, a character straight out of a Leonard story only toned down a touch, he probably would've killed the NFL guy and raped his wife in a real Leonard story. I hope we see him back in a future season.

Not only was scary guy a total Elmorian (did I just make up a word?) character, his idiot thug boxer guy was too. That's one of the main things I love about this show. The stories aren't necessarily written by Elmore Leonard, but it seems like the writers channel him when they do write. The characters and dialogue are right out of his world.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Bloo on Thu May 13, 2010 8:26 pm

Fievel wrote:
John-Locke wrote:Great episode this week, that guy trying to get the money from Brewster from Fright Night was pretty terrifying, a character straight out of a Leonard story only toned down a touch, he probably would've killed the NFL guy and raped his wife in a real Leonard story. I hope we see him back in a future season.

Not only was scary guy a total Elmorian (did I just make up a word?) character, his idiot thug boxer guy was too. That's one of the main things I love about this show. The stories aren't necessarily written by Elmore Leonard, but it seems like the writers channel him when they do write. The characters and dialogue are right out of his world.

well he is an Exec. Producer so I'm assuming he has some say on how things are written.

But yeah both of those characters felt totally in place as something Leonard would write. I could totally see that boxer kid in Detroit working out in Snoopy's gym
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby BLACK CHERRY on Fri May 14, 2010 3:02 am

Don't forget about two actors from Eurotrip, Jacob Pitts who plays Tim and Travis Wester who was the idiot thug boxer guy, who wasnt so tough when his own gun was aimed at his crotch by Ray Ray. And I'm sure I'm the only one in here that knows this, but both the actor that played Pinter (great character) and Olyphant appeared on Sex in the City. I'm sure there's a six degrees of Kevin Bacon in there somewhere.

Was it just me, or was Winona not very convincing while she tried to defend her man and choosing him over Raylan. I like how he asked her "How's that workin for ya?"
BLACK CHERRY
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Jabbadonut on Sun May 16, 2010 1:10 am

Ok, Start Pool: Within how many episodes will Raylan be boning Winona? You can just feel the attraction between them . . .
Look! Even Steve is throwing chocolate snowballs . . . oh . . .
Jabbadonut
REAL DRAGON

Postby Jabbadonut on Sat May 22, 2010 2:01 am

One of the things I've come to like about this show is that it has a sense of humor. I've gotten at least one good laugh from most of the episodes. Another thing I've noticed is the cast really plays well off of each other. A first rate job of casting was done for Justified.
Jabbadonut
REAL DRAGON

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sun May 23, 2010 1:18 am

Walt Goggins must be must be clapping his hands and giggling like a little girl with all the fun he appears to be having on this show.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Sun May 23, 2010 10:20 am

Fievel wrote:

and that actor started out as the compulsive liar always-hitting-on-the-chicks no one takes seriously character in a late 80's/early 90's sitcom starring that guy who was the main dude in Taxi.......

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sun May 23, 2010 1:59 pm

Peven wrote:
Fievel wrote:

and that actor started out as the compulsive liar always-hitting-on-the-chicks no one takes seriously character in a late 80's/early 90's sitcom starring that guy who was the main dude in Taxi.......

That would be Jere Burns, who was on "Dear John" with Judd Hirsch.

Oh, I so totally did not have to look that up.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri May 28, 2010 7:38 pm

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:
Peven wrote:
Fievel wrote:

I don't know why, but I liked that show. The kicker is that I was 13. I still can't figure out how I gravitated to a story about a 60-year-old over the hill alcoholic who has really bad luck with women.

Maybe I was being optimistic.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Jabbadonut on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:59 am

ONeillSG1 wrote:
Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:
Peven wrote:
Fievel wrote:

I don't know why, but I liked that show. The kicker is that I was 13. I still can't figure out how I gravitated to a story about a 60-year-old over the hill alcoholic who has really bad luck with women.

or channeling your probable future . . .
:)
Jabbadonut
REAL DRAGON

Postby DaleTremont on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:46 am

BLACK CHERRY wrote:Don't forget about two actors from Eurotrip, Jacob Pitts who plays Tim and Travis Wester who was the idiot thug boxer guy, who wasnt so tough when his own gun was aimed at his crotch by Ray Ray. And I'm sure I'm the only one in here that knows this, but both the actor that played Pinter (great character) and Olyphant appeared on Sex in the City. I'm sure there's a six degrees of Kevin Bacon in there somewhere.

Was it just me, or was Winona not very convincing while she tried to defend her man and choosing him over Raylan. I like how he asked her "How's that workin for ya?"

You are not the only one who knows that, because I too am a Sex and the City (TV show) fan. Olyphant was Carrie's younger twenty something squeeze and wasn't Jacob Pitts that college guy who Samantha de-flowered? (I'm hijacking this thread with Sex n' the City talk, bitches!)

Anyway, I've really loved this season. As people have alluded to, the supporting characters are incredible...I really think that's the secret strength of any truly great show. Even an actor with just one or two scenes, or even one of two lines, is a perfect fit to fill out this particular world. The guy who plays Boyd is particularly effective, imo. I felt like this last episode I was just starting to get a real handle on his character...whether he's genuinely found God or if it's all some ruse...but I still wouldn't be surprised if I ended up surprised.

Oh yeah but Jacob Pitts is hardly ever even on screen. It's weird.I like this Jacob Pitts. Thought he was funny in Euro Trip. Give him an actual story or cut him loose and let him find something else. Just because he lot his v-card to Kim Cattrall...no reason to hold it against the man.
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby Fievel on Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:38 am

Talking about the characters... the majority of the supporting cast is so strong that the weak links (for me) stick out horribly. Thankfully, for me, there's only two characters that I feel this way about - and that's the other two marshals (not the head marshal). I don't know if it's the actors, their appearance, or the dialogue they're given, but they just seem to suck the energy out of their scenes.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby John-Locke on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:26 am

What a fantastic finale, the look on Arlow's face when Raylan got the drop on him, the motel shootout, Boyd helping Raylan get the drop in Bo, the Cabin shootout...

All of it pure BADASS!

What a fantastic first season
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Bloo on Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:57 pm

John-Locke wrote:What a fantastic finale, the look on Arlow's face when Raylan got the drop on him, the motel shootout, Boyd helping Raylan get the drop in Bo, the Cabin shootout...

All of it pure BADASS!

couldn't have said it better myself
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:25 pm

Bloo wrote:
John-Locke wrote:What a fantastic finale, the look on Arlow's face when Raylan got the drop on him, the motel shootout, Boyd helping Raylan get the drop in Bo, the Cabin shootout...

All of it pure BADASS!

couldn't have said it better myself

Everyone brought their A game for the finale.

The show seemed meander a bit too much at points but the case of the weeks were always enjoyable, while not necessarily particularly memorable.

Goggins was particularly great in the finale!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Maui on Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:54 pm

There's more than one way to kill a man....you can kill his physical body, or kill his spirit within.

I have to say, watching Boyd Crowder this entire season has been a real treat!

Great season finale and lots of story lines left dangling for season 2.

I certainly enjoy the chemistry between Raylan and Winona.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Fievel on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:26 am

"You tryin' to be funny?"
"A little."

That was my biggest laugh the whole show. Goggins' delivery of his line there was one of the best single-line performances for me in a long time.
I remember watching the pilot, loving it, and then thinking that if they drug on the Boyd story the whole season that it would get redundant quickly.
That didn't happen.
It wasn't necessarily the Boyd story as much as it was the Miami cartel's, and in the grand scheme of things it worked SO much better than I imagined.
Fantastic first season. I hope the second* is even better.

*Can't remember if it was already renewed or not.

And Maui - I'm 100% with you. I like Raylan and Winona. She's smart, gets him, and hasn't killed her husband. I hope Ava is out of the picture now... it could get really soap opera-ish in no time.

Oh, one more thought.... when Arlo turned around with the gun.... Olyphant WAS Seth Bullock again with his gun drawn at his side. Awesome.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:00 pm

Jabbadonut wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:
Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:
Peven wrote:
Fievel wrote:

or channeling your probable future . . .
:)

Or being optimistic about my possible future. It could be worse . . . I could be Gary Coleman.

Yeah I said it.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Jabbadonut on Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:14 pm

Walton Goggins deserves an Emmy nomination, in my opinion. He has been terrific in the role of Boyd Crowder. The show is one of the best on TV, for sure, and it is actually original. I can't think of another show like it.

I've noticed that the opening will often feature warnings about being for mature audiences, and promises of nudity in one episode. I didn't see any nudity, and the only swearing I've heard is the word "shit" a couple of times. The violence hasn't been all that graphic, either. I'm not complaining, I'm just noting the fact that the warnings haven't matched the content, in my opinion. I really was hoping to see a bit, uh, "more," of Winona when that nudity warning was mentioned. She and Raylan have real chemistry.
Jabbadonut
REAL DRAGON

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:12 pm

Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:44 am

Less than a month to go

John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Peven on Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:05 pm

looks even better than the first season....

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Fievel on Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:07 pm

Awesome.

Everything in that trailer looked good.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Damn, the trailer was yanked before I could see it.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bloo on Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:34 pm

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:Damn, the trailer was yanked before I could see it.

it was a thing of beauty
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Peven on Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:36 pm

Bloo wrote:

it was a thing of beauty

oh yeah, Tyrone, you REALLY missed out...too bad :-P :wink:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby John-Locke on Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:54 pm

Here you go, this one has been uploaded officially I think

John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Fievel on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:46 pm

An Elmore Leonard character played to perfection, speaking of Star Wars and possibly acting out the scene?

Yeah, I got a boner.
The new season can't start soon enough.

Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby John-Locke on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:03 am

BADASS
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby The Vicar on Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:41 pm

Getting to this series a bit late, but I like what I've seen so far.

"What's to stop me from pulling this trigger?"
Bang.

Oh yeah. That.
Hardcore law enforcement. Love it.
Last edited by The Vicar on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby Fievel on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:27 pm

Glad to hear you're getting into it, Vicar!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:53 pm

There was a real nice promo just before the end of the Superbowl. Absolutely cannot wait until Wednesday night.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial