Rescue Ink

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Rescue Ink

Postby Peven on Mon May 03, 2010 11:56 am

watching a show on NGeo channel, via Hulu, called "Rescue Ink" about a bunch of biker-type tough guys who go around rescuing animals and working to stop animal cruelty. since i regard those who abuse and mistreat animals as total scumbags it is sweet to see them have guys like Rescue Ink down on them.

one thing in this episode i am watching, they go to Philly to look into a case where a pit bull was chained to a fence and stoned to death. in the course of investigating it they talk to SPCA officials and find that since Micheal Vick's case got so much publicity dog-fighting in Philly has skyrocketed. all we heard from Eagles' management is how Vick was going to be a role model, working against dog-fighting, and yet right there in Philly dog-fighting is booming now.

anyway, i hope they can tighten up the production value and the show is able to stay on, a show that contributes to raising awareness and helping animal welfare is a good thing

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Re: Rescue Ink

Postby Peven on Mon May 03, 2010 12:27 pm

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby minstrel on Mon May 03, 2010 1:51 pm

I saw this show advertised somewhere, but I don't want to watch it. I actually love animals and I can't stand seeing any video of them being abused or of them suffering from earlier abuse. I don't watch Animal Planet either because they show too much of that. I'm sure this is a noble show, but I won't be seeing it.

Keep us up to date on the fates of the scumbags, though. And don't skimp on the lavish, detailed descriptions of the blood flowing from THEIR various orifices and the pain THEY'RE experiencing.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby Hermanator X on Tue May 04, 2010 4:13 am

I caught a bit of this a few weeks back, and at first rolled my eyes, at yet another barrel scraping reality format (bikers with a heart of gold). But it was actually pretty good. It seemed fairly genuine, and they had to deal with some harsh things. Its not really something I would go out of my way to watch, but I wont turn over if I happen to channel hop to it.
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Return to Coaxial