Shit My Dad Says

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Shit My Dad Says

Postby Fievel on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:54 pm

I didn't find a thread on this..
So there's a TV show coming out that's based off of a Twitter account called Shit My Dad Says. I have a feeling the show is going to fail, simply because it's on Network TV and not cable.
I mean... the title of the Twitter account is called Shit My Dad Says fer cryin' out loud! But the Twitter account... is possibly the funniest shit I've ever read.

Here is the Twitter account

Here's a clip from the pilot starring William Shatner

I love Shatner but I think he's severly miscast here. If Kurtwood Smith hadn't played essentially the same character in That 70's Show, I'd say he'd be perfect instead.

So what's so funny about it? If you haven't read the Twitter page, here's a sampling:

-"Can we talk later? The news is on... Well, if you have tuberculosis it's not gonna get any worse in the next 30 minutes, jesus."

-"Been thinking for a while, and I'd say there's 1.5 pounds of shit in the dog. Tried to get the vet to weigh a sack of it. No dice."

-"Engagement rings are pointless. Indians gave cows...Oh sorry, congrats on proposing. We good now? Can I finish my indian story?"

-"They're offended? Fuck, shit, asshole, shitfuck; they're just words...Fine. Shitfuck isn't a word, but you get my point."

-“You seen my cell phone?...What’s it look like? Like two horses fucking. It’s a phone, son. It looks like a phone."

-"Waking up when you got a baby, you feel like you drank a bottle of whiskey the night before, except the shit's in someone else's pants."

-"I found some shit in your room...No, I found actual shit. Feces...Well I should hope it's from your shoes, otherwise what the fuck?"
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Re: Shit My Dad Says

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:15 pm

This is the funniest shit I've read in a long time. I think I'm going to have to go to Twitter for the first time now.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby King Psyz on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:38 pm

The only thing I miss from Twitter... that and the new DeathStarPR guy
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby minstrel on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:18 pm

That's hilarious stuff. I might have to check this out!
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:47 pm

It says Shatner's supposed to star in this, but I picture someone like Abe Vigoda or something when I read this.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Terrible fn idea for a sitcom. The feed isnt bad but come on.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby MacCready on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:29 pm

This sounds funny. I like funny. That works out.
MacCready
MAN IN SUIT

Postby King Psyz on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:44 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:It says Shatner's supposed to star in this, but I picture someone like Abe Vigoda or something when I read this.

Yeah that would have been the inteligent choice
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby Fievel on Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:23 pm

Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby DerLanghaarige on Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 am

Don't know what to think of it. The shit his dad says isn't that funny, I got no idea how to make a weekly sitcom out of it that does not reek like an "Everybody Loves Raymond" rip-off, but on the other hand gained William Shatner some seriously spot on comedic timing during the last 10 years or so and Nicole Sullivan is in it, who always makes me laugh.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby so sorry on Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:05 pm

DerLanghaarige wrote:Don't know what to think of it. The shit his dad says isn't that funny, I got no idea how to make a weekly sitcom out of it that does not reek like an "Everybody Loves Raymond" rip-off, but on the other hand gained William Shatner some seriously spot on comedic timing during the last 10 years or so and Nicole Sullivan is in it, who always makes me laugh.

I don't think the actual "shit my dad says" is going to be anything like the tv version (besides the obvious cursing not being present). They are using the concept of a cantankerous old guy yelling at his grown up son all day long blah blah blah. Boring? Yes, boring as hell
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby DerLanghaarige on Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:02 pm

so sorry wrote: They are using the concept of a cantankerous old guy yelling at his grown up son all day long blah blah blah. Boring? Yes, boring as hell

Like I said: Everybody loves Raymond. (Of course I'm talking about Peter Boyle as the Dad, not Raymond.)
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby minstrel on Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:19 pm

DerLanghaarige wrote:
so sorry wrote: They are using the concept of a cantankerous old guy yelling at his grown up son all day long blah blah blah. Boring? Yes, boring as hell

Like I said: Everybody loves Raymond. (Of course I'm talking about Peter Boyle as the Dad, not Raymond.)

Didn't they also do that with Sanford and Son? It's a long time ago so I might not remember right ...
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby Fievel on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:08 pm

minstrel wrote:
DerLanghaarige wrote:

Didn't they also do that with Sanford and Son? It's a long time ago so I might not remember right ...

Sanford and his Son - Big Dummy! You could also say the same in All In The Family with Carrol O'Connor's character and his son-in-law Meathead.

But screw the TV show. It's going to fail. I just love the actual Tweet posts.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Return to Coaxial