Pioneer One

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Pioneer One

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:33 pm

http://www.pioneerone.tv/

Pioneer One is a made-for-download scifi programme. You can download the pilot episode (there are quite a few different ways), and the makers are hoping to fund six more episodes solely via donations (they're currently half-way to funding three more episodes)

The central idea is an interesting one - an object from space enters the atmosphere (spreading radioactive pollutants over parts of the US) and crashes in Canada...they then find out something perculiar about the object and various government workers are trying to work out what to do. The pilot's not bad and, although it was made on the cheap, it doesn't feel too shoddy (The only dodgy acting I recall was a bit-part guy at the beginning.)

Parts of the story are quite suspenseful - I wasn't quite expecting that particular twist. Give it a go, at the very least it's a nice little curiousity.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: Pioneer One

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:24 pm

Fried Gold wrote:http://www.pioneerone.tv/

Pioneer One is a made-for-download scifi programme. You can download the pilot episode (there are quite a few different ways), and the makers are hoping to fund six more episodes solely via donations (they're currently half-way to funding three more episodes)

The central idea is an interesting one - an object from space enters the atmosphere (spreading radioactive pollutants over parts of the US) and crashes in Canada...they then find out something perculiar about the object and various government workers are trying to work out what to do. The pilot's not bad and, although it was made on the cheap, it doesn't feel too shoddy (The only dodgy acting I recall was a bit-part guy at the beginning.)

Parts of the story are quite suspenseful - I wasn't quite expecting that particular twist. Give it a go, at the very least it's a nice little curiousity.

I was reading about this today and definitely was interested. My main concern was the cheapness/acting, which you say arent really a problem so I'll give it a download.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:04 pm

Yeah, I mean obviously you can tell it's not on a million dollar budget. But I think the core themes more than make up for it.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:59 pm

too silvery

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:39 pm

I saw the movie they did, The Lionshare, and enjoyed the hell out of it. Heard about the series a few weeks ago and was looking forward to it. Will definitely be checking this out.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Return to Coaxial