4 YEARS TODAY!

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

4 YEARS TODAY!

Postby the telemarketer on Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:45 am

It has been four years since I watched television!

I have purchased the occasional DVD box set: a fair bit of Adult Swim (love Venture Bros), Curb Your Enthusiasm, Sarah Silverman, Breaking Bad, Mad Men...a little bit f South Park and some of the golden age The Simpsons series.

I recommend it. Feels like I have a lot more time.

However, based on the list above, what else have I missed that I might enjoy.

I recently revisited the first seven seasons of Married With Children and also love a couple of little British things like Nightly Night and Blackpool and some Dr Who...

What have I missed?
the telemarketer
GLIB

Re: 4 YEARS TODAY!

Postby the telemarketer on Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:48 am

Obviously, I have watched some television shows - but I have not had a connected television set in my home or sat down to watch TV as a social activity for the past 4 years.

I love it when it is good, but found I had it one in the background constantly - it became a white noise and a way to pass time, instead of something I would tune in and out of.

Also just revisited Twin Peaks! How good is that show? Does TV get any better?
the telemarketer
GLIB

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:38 am

sometimes i contemplate giving up TV so i'll have more time. then i start wondering what i'd do with all that extra time, and the only thing i can think of is "watch more TV".
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:00 am

the telemarketer wrote:What have I missed?

Well, let's see. First the earth cooled. And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and studly, so they all died and they turned into oil. And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes. And Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady Di's clothes. I couldn't believe it.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:01 am

the telemarketer wrote:Obviously, I have watched some television shows - but I have not had a connected television set in my home or sat down to watch TV as a social activity for the past 4 years.

So you haven't really given up watching television. You just stopped using a TV set.

I think most people with interwebs access have transferred some viewing away from an actual television set to other devices in some way (or moved from watching live broadcasts to "on demand" services or DVD boxsets. )
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:46 am

Fievel wrote:Well, let's see. First the earth cooled. And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and studly, so they all died and they turned into oil. And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes. And Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady Di's clothes. I couldn't believe it.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:06 pm

the telemarketer wrote:It has been four years since I watched television!

I have purchased the occasional DVD box set: a fair bit of Adult Swim (love Venture Bros), Curb Your Enthusiasm, Sarah Silverman, Breaking Bad, Mad Men...a little bit f South Park and some of the golden age The Simpsons series.

I recently revisited the first seven seasons of Married With Children and also love a couple of little British things like Nightly Night and Blackpool and some Dr Who...

What have I missed?

Wait what?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby minstrel on Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:53 pm

the telemarketer wrote:It has been four years since I watched television!

What have I missed?

For someone who doesn't watch television, you sure watch a lot of television ...
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby Fievel on Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:03 pm

minstrel wrote:For someone who doesn't watch television, you sure watch a lot of television ...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby MacCready on Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:30 pm

Start collecting Battlestar Galactica. The new one, not the cheese whiz franchise from yesteryear.
MacCready
MAN IN SUIT

Return to Coaxial