Video Games Live

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Video Games Live

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:40 am

PBS recently made this statement, Here

VIDEO GAMES LIVE

Premiering July-August 2010 on PBS

Video Games Live and PBS are joining forces to create a PBS special based around the highly successful Video Games Live concert series. The breakthrough performance, taped February 5, 2010, at the Lakefront Arena in New Orleans with the Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra, is slated to begin airing in August 2010 on PBS stations.

Recently described by The New York Times as “captivating [and] proudly bombastic,” the record-breaking and award-winning Video Games Live has continued its mission to demonstrate to the world how artistic and culturally significant video games and their music have become. Performing to sold-out crowds around the globe, Video Games Live has been thrilling gamers, families and mainstream audiences since its inception in 2002.

The Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra is the only musician-owned and collaboratively managed professional symphony in the United States. The members of the LPO are dedicated to creating live symphonic music and maintaining a resident full-time orchestra that serves as an integral part of the cultural and educational life of New Orleans and the Gulf South region.

Damn! And I thought PBS was bottom of the barrel programming. I'm going to be watching out for this.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Re: Video Games Live

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:25 am

I saw the BBC Symphony Orchestra do the same thing in 1992 at the Albert Hall.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: Video Games Live

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:17 am

Fried Gold wrote:I saw the BBC Symphony Orchestra do the same thing in 1992 at the Albert Hall.

Yes but no longer is it 2D 16-bit bleeps and tunes of about 2 minutes long. :)
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Return to Coaxial