The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:04 pm

this show just premiered on IFC. has anyone else seen it? if not, then i guess this will be a pretty short thread.
i watched the first episode and thought it was pretty funny, though not as funny as it could be. it's got david cross and will arnett. now i'm a huge mr. show fan so i watched it mainly because of that. i never watched arrested development, or really anything with will arnett, so i don't have much to go on about him, but his character on this show (the asshole boss) seemed like a prototypical bob odenkirk character from mr. show. it would've been cool to see a bob and david reunion, but really the show is all cross's show and arnett is just in it for a bit. it's got potential, though the english employee who goads cross into doing more and more stupid things is not that well-played in my opinion, he's a bit too obvious. i would've liked to see him playing the part a bit more reserved, sort of like tim from the office (UK) and the way he goads on gareth. that would work better by being a bit more subtle. but, it's early yet, so i'll see how it turns out. this could get better, which is what i'm hoping.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Re: The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret

Postby DaleTremont on Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:25 am

I caught this last week too. I thought it was pretty funny. Always good to see anything that is even slightly reminiscent of Arrested Development so the pairing of Will Arnett and David Cross was a delight. I completely agree with you about Margaret's counterpart being kind of obvious. He just comes off as spiteful and overly self aware. But Cross is still hilarious as a clueless American completely out of his element (and as a clueless human being in general) so I'll be tuning in again.

I saw an interview with him on some late night talk show where he was talking about the genesis of "Todd Margaret." Apparently some English TV producer first approached him when he was doing standup over there and then they produced the show for English TV and now it's getting runs on IFC...I just totally love that it's kind of being produced for both American and English audiences. It would be cool if we get more shows from all different places that manage to combine international forces for these kinds of hybrid projects.

Like they could just bring back Michael Fassbender and Jemima Rooper (swoon) and produce Hex 2.0 stateside. They could call it Hex: Salem Bitches.

But I digress...
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby Maui on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:00 pm

DaleTremont wrote:
Like they could just bring back Michael Fassbender and Jemima Rooper (swoon) and produce Hex 2.0 stateside. They could call it Hex: Salem Bitches.

I'm all for this. I hated the lack of Fassbender in the 2nd season of Hex, just hated it!!!! :oops: Sorry, not trying to hijack this thread with my Fassbender love.

Anyways, I've got TM DVR'd, just haven't had an opportunity to watch it yet. Good to see you kids are liking it for the most part.
Maui
WoWie

Postby TheButcher on Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:06 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Return to Coaxial