Raising Hope

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Raise Hope?

Yes, if I were employed
No votes
Yes, if my mom helps
33%
This is a Hope-Free Zone
No votes
Princess Beyonce!
67%
Kong
No votes

Total votes : 3

Raising Hope

Postby tfactor on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:34 am

Athena and I have been really enjoying the new show called Raising Hope. the story mainly is about a young guy who gets stuck with a newborn, but Cloris Leachmand and the entire crew are really enjoyable to watch. I would recommend this show to anyone.

This show is great and I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! Don't let the fact that its from the creators of My Name Is Earl through you either, it is easily 20x better than Earl. The Constantinople show last night had us laughing our asses off harder than we had laughed in a long time at a TV show. On our DVR line-up; this show takes the #1 slot. I seriously hope that this does not get canceled.

Of course now that I've said that...

Anyway I wasn't sure if there was already a thread for this show yet, if not; hey Mods - would you kindly cut this post off the "Random Coaxial" thread and into its own thread? love you

Enjoy!
-T
Last edited by tfactor on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Re: Raising Hope (tfactor & athena's new fave)

Postby Peven on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:47 am

why don't you let Athena come out and play with us anymore? :( :wink:

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby John-Locke on Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:12 pm

I've only seen the first 2 episodes but I'm loving it so far, makes me laugh out loud HARD many times an episode. Who knew Garret Dillahunt had such fantastic comedic acting chops? It's great to see Martha Plimpton too.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby tfactor on Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:09 pm

John-Locke wrote:I've only seen the first 2 episodes but I'm loving it so far, makes me laugh out loud HARD many times an episode. Who knew Garret Dillahunt had such fantastic comedic acting chops? It's great to see Martha Plimpton too.

long live the Goonies! 8-)

With these 2 posts, yours and mine (minus Peven's plee for a female's attention) we have I think officially overhyped this show. Yepper nothing funny to watch here folks, keep movin. nothin to see at all

After last night episode, I have been breaking out into song all day with "istanbol not constantinople" ...
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:06 am

I watched the first two eps and have enjoyed it so far but if the next one has TMBG I am ready to love the show...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby tfactor on Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:44 am

Nope sorry Bob, they are definitely not giants - its the 50s version of the song (which I think is the original) the Four Lads I believe
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:51 am

tfactor wrote:Nope sorry Bob, they are definitely not giants - its the 50s version of the song (which I think is the original) the Four Lads I believe

Interesting. The guy who wrote that also wrote the lyrics to teddy bears picnic and the hokey pokey...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Peven on Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:23 am

tfactor wrote: (minus Peven's plee for a female's attention)

and look, it worked :-P

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby John-Locke on Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:42 am

tfactor wrote:Nope sorry Bob, they are definitely not giants - its the 50s version of the song (which I think is the original) the Four Lads I believe

True for the first time it played when Maw Maw's playing Jenga but when she clears the Greenhouse it was a different version almost certainly by TMBG
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:01 pm

Yep. The second one in the garage was They Might be Giants. That was a funny episode. Yeah Buoy!!
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Fievel on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:44 pm

John-Locke wrote:I've only seen the first 2 episodes but I'm loving it so far, makes me laugh out loud HARD many times an episode. Who knew Garret Dillahunt had such fantastic comedic acting chops? It's great to see Martha Plimpton too.

After watching Dillahunt play bad guy after bad guy and one serious role after the other.... he amazes me in every episode of this show. I absolutely love this show.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Return to Coaxial