Running Wilde

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Running Wilde

Postby tapehead on Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:14 pm

At first I was going to just post this in one of Arrested Development threads I'm sure are buried in here somewhere, but three eps in and I think this show deserves a thread of it's own. Then I saw The Baxter's thread on The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret, the other new season show I quite like, was getting no interest - I figure that this thread might go the same way, but what the hey; It shouldnt, because the wisecracking wordplay of Mitchell Hurwitz is all over the dialogue, Will Arnett and David Cross are both hilariously stupid, plus it has Peter Serafinowicz (sp ?), one of those comic actors with real range who really should be quite well known by now but for some reason isn't. Also that attractive lady who used to be Felicity. I am a little confused as to why'Running Wilde' isn't not getting a more enthusiastic reception (in fact it seems to be the hip stance to knock it, judging from chat on Av Club threads and other tv nerd hang outs). It's not Arrested Development, but atthis point it's actually showing the potential to be comparable in terms of style and substance.

Why aren't you watching it?
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Re: Running Wilde

Postby geekgrrl on Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:10 pm

The show wasnt being watched because although it tried to be good it just...wasnt. It might have saved itself if it had realized what a joke they were and got in on it too, but they didnt. Frankly I am surprised Fox let it go on as long as they did.

http://lostinreviews.com/2010/09/raising-hope-running-wilde/
http://lostinreviews.com/ For those of us who live outside of normal
geekgrrl
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Re: Running Wilde

Postby tapehead on Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:55 am

I loved the first few eps but it was wearing a bit thin - still I thought the idea had great potential and it was an excellent cast. I guess I was hoping for another Arrested Development (or at least another Golden Girls), but it didn't work out that way. I'm still hoping to get to see the remaining episodes that were made, but it's possible I will have to wait for a DVD release.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Return to Coaxial