Misfits (like Heroes but good!)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Misfits (like Heroes but good!)

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:43 am

From the Skins thread:

stereosforgeeks wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:Wait, they change the cast? Aw, damn it!

everyone but one.

Sigh.

That strategy has never worked out well. I guess I should have realized that Slumdog Millionaire wouldn't be returning...\

EDIT: SFG, have you watched the first series of Misfits?

Yeah. I enjoyed it. Series 2 looks promising as well.

I asked SFG way back if this thing had a thread and he said he didn't think so. A quick search and I couldn't find one. If this is a dupe, be gentle when you put it out of its misery.

Anyway, watched the first series of this show and I REALLY liked it. I was really impressed by the way the show dealt with powers. The actors were great, for the most part, which is always welcome.

I will be really looking forward to Series 2.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: Misfits (like Heroes but good!)

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:10 pm

Misfits follows five outsiders on community service who get struck by a flash storm and lumbered with special powers.

Hard as nails Kelly (Lauren Socha) can suddenly hear people’s thoughts, shamed sporting hero Curtis (Nathan Stewart Jarrett) discovers he has the ability to turn back time when he regrets something, and party girl Alisha (Antonia Thomas) can send people into a sexual frenzy when they touch her skin. Even painfully shy Simon (Iwan Rheon) can make himself invisible when he feels he’s being ignored, which makes it all the more hard to swallow for smart aleck Nathan (Robert Sheehan), who seems to have been unaffected, much to his dismay.

Unlike their more conventional counterparts, our misfits don’t swap their ankle tags and mobile phones for capes and tights. Instead, they discover what a pain in the arse life can be when you’re stuck with a super power you didn’t want.

With series 2 just started, does anyone watch this show?

Lecko did you ever get around to it?

I think the show really started to get good toward the end with the introduction of super-hoodie and the larger context of the powers.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:08 pm

MISFITS is absolutely one of my favorite television shows at the moment. The new series has started off quite well. I really do appreciate the way the powers are utilized. Very well done. Highly recommended.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:05 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:MISFITS is absolutely one of my favorite television shows at the moment. The new series has started off quite well. I really do appreciate the way the powers are utilized. Very well done. Highly recommended.

Well Im glad someone watches this excellent show!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby The Vicar on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:30 pm

When's it on? What channel? I never see any adverts for this.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:43 pm

The Vicar wrote:When's it on? What channel? I never see any adverts for this.

It is a British show (naturally) on E4.

Obtain it by any means available to you. :wink:
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bob Samonkey on Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:15 am

I have watched the first couple of episodes and it is cheesy fun. Really having a good time with it...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby TonyWilson on Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:12 pm

Quite possibly the best show on TV at the moment, thursdays episode was full of win, the reveal of the hoodie was badass and has expanded the mythology considerably while also keeping true to show's style and atmosphere. Here's hoping there's a well thought out resolution to it all because if so we could be looking at a stone cold classic television program.

P.S the music is uniformly excellent and E4 has a blog listing all the tracks featured in the episodes.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby stereosforgeeks on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:08 pm

TonyWilson wrote:Quite possibly the best show on TV at the moment, thursdays episode was full of win, the reveal of the hoodie was badass and has expanded the mythology considerably while also keeping true to show's style and atmosphere. Here's hoping there's a well thought out resolution to it all because if so we could be looking at a stone cold classic television program.

P.S the music is uniformly excellent and E4 has a blog listing all the tracks featured in the episodes.

I just caught up with this weeks episode and it was AWESOME!!! Seeing simon as a badass was very awesome. It seems like they do have a thought out resolution. Theyve been gradually revealing the mythology of the show and its all working fantastically. The "power of the week" was a bit lame but seeing Nathan hit on Simon was pretty damn funny.

Im really curious what happens in the future! Why does Simon comes back besides saving Alisha?

I really want this show to stay on the air for a very long time. How popular is it in the UK?
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Re: Misfits (really really like Heroes but really really go

Postby TonyWilson on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:23 pm

Popularity wise, for the channel it's on (freeview cable) it's immensely well known and watched, it unexpectedly won the BAFTA for best british drama last year as well, beating some hugely hyped and critically lauded shows shown on the main channels. It punches waaaaaay above it's weight and is reasonably cheap to make too so it should be on the air for a good long while.
Yeah the potw was a bit poor, but led to great comedy as you said and the stand off was very nicely done if a little lowkey/weird.
The reveal was fantastic Ieuan Rhys proved himself to be a great actor and while I have a slight suspicion he may actually be a villain his future self is so cool I really don't mind
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson

Postby stereosforgeeks on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:36 pm

TonyWilson wrote:Popularity wise, for the channel it's on (freeview cable) it's immensely well known and watched, it unexpectedly won the BAFTA for best british drama last year as well, beating some hugely hyped and critically lauded shows shown on the main channels. It punches waaaaaay above it's weight and is reasonably cheap to make too so it should be on the air for a good long while.
Yeah the potw was a bit poor, but led to great comedy as you said and the stand off was very nicely done if a little lowkey/weird.
The reveal was fantastic Ieuan Rhys proved himself to be a great actor and while I have a slight suspicion he may actually be a villain his future self is so cool I really don't mind

Thats good to know! Im glad its popular and critically acclaimed as well!

Ive always liked Rhys work on the show but hes greatly expanded his range in this past episode. Him being a villain could be really cool too. Theyve definitely laid the groundwork.

My major complaint of the show is: I WANT MORE EPISODES!!!!!!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby The Garbage Man on Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Monkey slut!
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby Ribbons on Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:10 pm

Well, this isn't available on Netflix and I don't have E4, so I hate you all right now. Especially you Garbage Man.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby tapehead on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:00 am

Season 1 is on DVD - I just got it.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Bob Samonkey on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:44 am

Ribbons wrote:Well, this isn't available on Netflix and I don't have E4, so I hate you all right now. Especially you Garbage Man.

There are other ways....
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:03 pm

tapehead wrote:Season 1 is on DVD - I just got it.

In the UK, yes. You'd need a Region free player to watch it here in the states...which I don't currently have. :P :oops:
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Garbage Man on Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:27 pm

Ribbons wrote:Well, this isn't available on Netflix and I don't have E4, so I hate you all right now. Especially you Garbage Man.

Yes, but that's probably less to do with Misfits and more to do with that one time with the roofies. Stay on topic, please!

I’m curious to hear everyone’s thoughts on Future Simon: justly motivated time-traveler, secretly nefarious time-meddler, or somewhere in between? As much as I’d like for him to be a purely good guy… this is the pyro kid who broke into his probation worker’s house to video tape her while she was sleeping then later murdered her (mostly an accident, although he definitely meant to hurt her). Are we really to believe his future self is completely benevolent? Seems to me they’re going out of their way to show how badass he is in order to set up his evil reveal later on. Look at how he’s manipulating Alisha – showing that he’s the only one who isn’t affected by her power, telling her she will fall in love with him in the future, implying that she will die unless he saves her – she really has no choice but to be with him. Not to mention the way he lured the gang to that rooftop apartment specifically, it seems, so that Curtis will meet the girl he saw himself with in his vision of the future to drive a wedge between Curtis and Alisha. On the other hand, everything else he’s done so far has gone toward keeping the group alive and protected.

What about Future Curtis? Do you think he’s allied with the much more practically-dressed Future Simon, or are they from different futures? And does anyone else get the impression there will be some power-mucking down the road? Future Simon’s immunity to Alisha, Future Curtis’ superhero outfit, and the fact that Future Simon is a black-clad free-runner instead of a sneaky invisible man make me think there will eventually be some amping up / shutting off / swapping of powers.
Last edited by The Garbage Man on Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby Hermanator X on Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:27 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:

In the UK, yes. You'd need a Region free player to watch it here in the states...which I don't currently have. :P :oops:

You just got a cheque for $54,000 dollars. You cant spend it ALL on books..... :wink: Congrats by the way.
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby tapehead on Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:03 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:

I'm in region 4 - I've read there's a US release scheduled for 28th December.

edit - wait, no there isn't.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby papalazeru on Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:12 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:

You ever thought of just downloading a small DVD Region free program to your PC and watching it on your computer?
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:32 pm

The Garbage Man wrote:

Yes, but that's probably less to do with Misfits and more to do with that one time with the roofies. Stay on topic, please!

I’m curious to hear everyone’s thoughts on Future Simon: justly motivated time-traveler, secretly nefarious time-meddler, or somewhere in between? As much as I’d like for him to be a purely good guy… this is the pyro kid who broke into his probation worker’s house to video tape her while she was sleeping then later murdered her (mostly an accident, although he definitely meant to hurt her). Are we really to believe his future self is completely benevolent? Seems to me they’re going out of their way to show how badass he is in order to set up his evil reveal later on. Look at how he’s manipulating Alisha – showing that he’s the only one who isn’t affected by her power, telling her she will fall in love with him in the future, implying that she will die unless he saves her – she really has no choice but to be with him. Not to mention the way he lured the gang to that rooftop apartment specifically, it seems, so that Curtis will meet the girl he saw himself with in his vision of the future to drive a wedge between Curtis and Alisha. On the other hand, everything else he’s done so far has gone toward keeping the group alive and protected.

What about Future Curtis? Do you think he’s allied with the much more practically-dressed Future Simon, or are they from different futures? And does anyone else get the impression there will be some power-mucking down the road? Future Simon’s immunity to Alisha, Future Curtis’ superhero outfit, and the fact that Future Simon is a black-clad free-runner instead of a sneaky invisible man make me think there will eventually be some amping up / shutting off / swapping of powers.

All things I have been thinking about as well. I have no idea how any of this will play out.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby stereosforgeeks on Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:30 am

I wasnt as impressed this week with Misfits. It was nice to see them start a proper "team-up" and getting new characters in the fold. I just wish FUTURE SIMON DIDNT DIE!!!.

Maybe his room has more glimpses into the future.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby The Garbage Man on Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:10 pm

I had a long rant written out about how there should be a moratorium on time travel as a story device because it always leads to gaping plot holes, but in going through my problems with this storyline I realized that if it turns out how it seems it will, their handling of Future Simon is actually kind of brilliant.

All this time I’ve been assuming the timeline would be:
1) Present Simon and Alisha grow closer over the course of who knows how long, eventually falling in love.
2) Alisha is killed.
3) Simon is motivated by his love for her and grief over her death to train himself as a badass ninja.
4) He creates a list of things to change in the past so that Alisha doesn’t die.
5) Future Simon goes back in time, meets Alisha, and is full of brooding and sad puppy eyes because she reminds him of the loss of Future Alisha.
6) Future Simon changes the past at several different points so that Alisha doesn’t die, altering the timeline so that they can be together.
7) Future Simon would have to either die in the present or disappear, allowing his altered timeline to play out (and creating all kinds of paradoxes and plot holes in the process).

Now the story seems to be:
1) Things are humming along in the present when a mysterious masked man shows up to save the gang at critical moments.
2) Alisha discovers the masked man is Future Simon, but doesn’t tell anyone.
3) Future Simon takes the bullet for Alisha and dies.
4) Present Simon and Alisha grow closer over the course of who knows how long, eventually falling in love.
5) At a future point, Simon finds out that the masked man who had saved them in the past was a time-traveling version of himself – either Alisha blurts it out (unlikely, since she knows this will cause him to leave her), he reasons it out on his own (likely, he's clever and imaginative), or Alisha dies, telling him on her death bed or leaving behind clues (probably most likely).
6) Future Simon is now motivated to travel back to the past because he knows it must be done, not to change the timeline but to preserve it.
7) He creates a list of things he must do in the past based on his memories of what the masked man did and/or Alisha’s notes.
8) Future Simon goes back in time, meets Alisha, and is full of brooding and sad puppy eyes because he knows he will never see Future Alisha again, his time with Present Alisha will be brief, and in order for events to play out as they should he MUST die.
9) Repeat steps 3-8 in a never-ending time loop.

This is much, much better IMO. Future Simon’s behavior and demeanor make more sense coming from a fatalistic rather than an optimistic viewpoint, and it makes his storyline all the more tragic since he knew he had no choice but to die. At least I hope that is what's happening, but you never know.

Random thoughts:
Poor Ollie, he was amusing while he lasted (and after, even).
The current probation worker is hilarious, I hope this one manages to survive for awhile.
Switching hearts = switching powers? Ooookay.
Stereos, what are your thoughts on Nathan now having a secondary power? I thought (as did wiki) his mediumship was his drug-induced reverse-power, but apparently not. Do you think the others have different powers as well?
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby TonyWilson on Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:23 pm

SO MUCH SPOILER TEXT!!!

Unlike my American brethren I haven't seen this episode yet, was planning on leaving it for next week and having a double ep treat but TGM and SFG, you guys have got me so excited I'm gonna watch later tonight. This show is just so bloody good!
TonyWilson

Postby stereosforgeeks on Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:42 pm

The Garbage Man wrote:Stereos, what are your thoughts on Nathan now having a secondary power? I thought (as did wiki) his mediumship was his drug-induced reverse-power, but apparently not. Do you think the others have different powers as well?

I thought that as well. He seems to be only able tosee powered people that die and not norms so I wonder if that's why it had never shown up before. It definitely would be cool if their powers change/develop as the series goes on. I mean Alisha seriously got the shit end in power territory.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:15 pm

Just got caught up!

Hot damn, were those two spectacular episodes. Boy howdy!

Really liking where this is heading. I am seriously ashamed of Heroes. This show has eclipsed it so brilliantly in what, like 10 episodes?

It was really hard to avoid that spoiler text. I so desperately wanted to know who was under that hood. And I was right!! Not that it diminished anything that I had it guessed right. It was handled so well. The one thing I did not foresee was that relationship developing.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Garbage Man on Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:58 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:I thought that as well. He seems to be only able tosee powered people that die and not norms so I wonder if that's why it had never shown up before.

Interesting, I hadn't thought of that. Did Nathan's brother have a power? I got the impression he was from a different area and wasn't around for the lightning storm. If it were powers-only mediumship, though, that might imply there's something linking each of them and setting them apart from "normals" beyond the obvious.

stereosforgeeks wrote:I mean Alisha seriously got the shit end in power territory.

Definitely. That girl deserves a break. I do love, though, that they gave her that power and how they've handled it - it's a good example of how this show is willing to raise questions and make points without beating you over the head with them. I mean, can you imagine a male having that ability?

Leckomaniac wrote:Just got caught up!

Excellent! The more the merrier.

A question for the group: Can anyone (presumably UKers) provide some context on ASBO/probation? I've read a little about the concept but I guess what I'm looking for is, is this situation realistic? Is it common for young offenders to be put in groups and forced to do community service for weeks on end? Is this supposed to be an 8-hours-a-day, 5-days-a-week gig or are we just not shown their lives outside of the group? For that matter, how old do you think these kids are supposed to be? Are they still in high school? Is this supposed to be summer break? They sure don't seem to have much else going on in their lives.
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby Leckomaniac on Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:34 pm

The Garbage Man wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:I thought that as well. He seems to be only able tosee powered people that die and not norms so I wonder if that's why it had never shown up before.

Interesting, I hadn't thought of that. Did Nathan's brother have a power? I got the impression he was from a different area and wasn't around for the lightning storm. If it were powers-only mediumship, though, that might imply there's something linking each of them and setting them apart from "normals" beyond the obvious.

I do not recall Nathan's brother having one. Maybe he can only see it if the act happened in close proximity to him? I mean, his brother he saw happen and same with the new kid.

The Garbage Man wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:Just got caught up!

Excellent! The more the merrier.

Heh! I had been two episodes behind and it was killing me!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:50 pm

On all your recommendations, I'm not watching season 1.

papalazeru

Postby TonyWilson on Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:58 pm

Stunning, absolutely stunning. FutureSimon's ultimate mission was both heartbbreaking and badass just like the actor's performance. Rhys has gotta be a name to watch from now on. It also leaves some intriguing mysteries to unravel while solving others.
Kelly shined in this episode too, her in the wedding dress screaming about her arms killing her was hilarious.
Also gotta love the ballsiness of a show which does that to a new team member loved the journey of the heart too, so unexpected, so cool.
I think this is indeed the best show on TV at the moment, least till Breaking Bad is back.

As for the ASBO business being realistic, well yes and no.
Yes they have kids from the age of 10 to 21 in such schemes (though an ASBO can be issue to anyone regardless of age), they don't make them wear orange jumpsuits though, but generally the community service side of things is for the teens and young adults. I would think the characters are probably about 18-20 they'll most likely be unemployed or going to an Further Education college which I suppose in the US would be a community college but it's not for studying degrees only A-levels, BTEC's NVQ's etc etc so they wouldnt be expected to be in their education establishments from 9am-330pm.
Their first two probation workers are realistic stereotypes and very much like the 2 probation workers I know in real life. The gang's new one is hilarious and I'm sure espouses views and feelings my friends have but would never share with their charges,
TonyWilson

Postby TonyWilson on Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:00 pm

papalazeru wrote:On all your recommendations, I'm not watching season 1.

Good, missing out on the awesomeness is the perfect punishment for your contrarian ways, papa.
TonyWilson

Postby papalazeru on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:21 pm

TonyWilson wrote:
papalazeru wrote:On all your recommendations, I'm not watching season 1.

Good, missing out on the awesomeness is the perfect punishment for your contrarian ways, papa.

If this show makes me classy, I'm gonna kill every last one of you!!!

papalazeru

Postby jephd on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:01 am

No fear of that fella. Misfits is well written, funny, entertaining, surprising. Classy? not so much
jephd
GLIB

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:21 pm

The recent ep was a bit shit. The killer was obvious, the story with Kelly was, I mean, yikes.

However, the whole thing was worth it due to one line: "Why is that gorilla wearing a gorilla costume?"

Had me in fucking tears.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:57 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:The recent ep was a bit shit. The killer was obvious, the story with Kelly was, I mean, yikes.

However, the whole thing was worth it due to one line: "Why is that gorilla wearing a gorilla costume?"

Had me in fucking tears.

The killer was obvious but everything it was surrounded by was pretty damn good. Kellys story was very strange but I think the 2 actors sold it.

See I really liked how they tied in the whole costume thing from a couple episodes ago when they were on drugs. I love how the show never goes for the overblown plots but does everything fairly realistically given the circumstances. They are also very good at tying everything together.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby papalazeru on Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:47 am

stereosforgeeks wrote: I love how the show never goes for the overblown plots but does everything fairly realistically given the circumstances.

A gorilla, after being affected by the storm, learns to speak English, dress in clothes and do fairly human things.

Realistic indeed.

As trashy as the show it, it's lots of fun. Having finally caught up I can say it's a lot better than heroes but the whole man from the future plot is teetering on very sketchy ground - that's how Heroes started to lose it, remember?

Hopefully they are all now going to experiment with various drugs to see the side effects it has on their powers.

papalazeru

Postby stereosforgeeks on Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:20 pm

papalazeru wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote: I love how the show never goes for the overblown plots but does everything fairly realistically given the circumstances.

A gorilla, after being affected by the storm, learns to speak English, dress in clothes and do fairly human things.

Realistic indeed.

As trashy as the show it, it's lots of fun. Having finally caught up I can say it's a lot better than heroes but the whole man from the future plot is teetering on very sketchy ground - that's how Heroes started to lose it, remember?

Hopefully they are all now going to experiment with various drugs to see the side effects it has on their powers.

Given the circumstances was the key phrase ;)
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby papalazeru on Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:44 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:
papalazeru wrote:

Realistic indeed.

Given the circumstances was the key phrase ;)

Heheh! I Understand but it was the phrase 'given the circumstances', talk about showing a red flag to a classless bull :lol:

papalazeru

Postby stereosforgeeks on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:49 am

Why is this over already?!?!?!? Goddamn you Brits and your 6 episode seasons (I mean series)!

The milkman was totally non-threatening but managed to be pretty creepy nonetheless.

I liked how they dealt with the fame issue in this episode.

Ohh not completely over got a Christmas Special Sunday apparently.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby tapehead on Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:33 am

Brilliant show, I hope they keep making it. Does anyone know what the connection between this and the Big Brother zombie mini series Deadset is? The shooting style, edit and grade is very similar, but I can't find an obvious creative or producer that worked on both shows. Surely the similarities can't be entirely coincidental, they even extend to the way both shows take a familiar genre premise and do really inventive and inventive things with it, so it doesn't really seem like just an E4 house style. I'm not the first to make the connection, but I dunno what the link is.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:40 pm

I am wondering, didn't future Simon have a clip of Alisha giving that interview? If that history Has been erased how did he have it?
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:38 am

Leckomaniac wrote:I am wondering, didn't future Simon have a clip of Alisha giving that interview? If that history Has been erased how did he have it?

Oops...looks like they fell for a Heroes trap.

papalazeru

Postby TonyWilson on Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:53 am

Not necessarily, papa. Curtis may have changed the future....
TonyWilson

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:31 pm

TonyWilson wrote:Not necessarily, papa. Curtis may have changed the future....

Right, he may have. But wouldn't he have explained to them the pitfalls that occurred when they went public the first time? Wouldn't that, presumably, keep them from pursuing the idea of going public again?

EDIT: Or, are you saying that Curtis changed the future that future Simon came from? I am not sure that could be the case, because everyone was killed and so that couldn't have been meant to happen.

Psh. Fucking time travel.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:42 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
TonyWilson wrote:Not necessarily, papa. Curtis may have changed the future....

Right, he may have. But wouldn't he have explained to them the pitfalls that occurred when they went public the first time? Wouldn't that, presumably, keep them from pursuing the idea of going public again?

EDIT: Or, are you saying that Curtis changed the future that future Simon came from? I am not sure that could be the case, because everyone was killed and so that couldn't have been meant to happen.

Psh. Fucking time travel.

Please ohh please keep it all straight!!!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri May 13, 2011 2:16 am

So, I had no idea there was a Christmas ep.

I went this whole time without having watched it. And then I read that Nathan is going to leave the show, in an online only video no less. And that all this shit has changed due to the Christmas episode.

So I watched it. So. Damn. Awesome.

The moment I heard, "you're giving birth to an alien!" I laughed for like 10 solid minutes.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:36 pm

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Bob Samonkey on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:45 pm

Damn.... I was hoping you were going to say season 2 was coming early...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Ribbons on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:14 am

I live to disappoint :mrgreen:
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Ribbons on Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:56 am

I am now watching Misfits on Hulu, everybody love and worship me
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG