No Ordinary Family

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

No Ordinary Family

Postby papalazeru on Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:34 pm

I just thought I'd post to see if anyone else is watching this.

It's the story of the Richards family, sorry, the Powell family who, while on a trip to outer space...sorry again...the Amazon, they get bombarded with cosmic rays...ah! again (I don't know what's with me)...they get bombarded with rays in water, upon their return to earth...dammit! Home, they find they have developed superhuman powers. Dad Jim develops super strength and speed (in some aspects), Mother Stephanie is super fast, Daughter Daphne can hear other peoples thoughts and son J.J is a super brain.

Staring Micheal Chiklis (The Sheild..and a film I can't quite remember) and Julie Benz (Dexter) with 100% less nakedness - Booo!, Romany Malco and Guillermo Diaz from Weeds, they certainly have the cast lined up for it but can the show work after we've been hurt so much by Heroes? Fortunately, this show doesn't take itself too seriously.

I've seen the first 4 episodes and it's quite tongue in cheek in places, certainly makes it enjoyable.

Having Chiklis in the lead role is certainly entertaining and not Grimm, although none of the cast are actually stretched when it comes to acting, it's not necessarily a bad thing if the show isn't a serious look at super heroes. My one big worry is the over arching storyline which is a 'been there done that' affair - evil company in the background yada yada... not too much to Reed into. I just hope the show can retain it's charm of everyday people learning their powers and still maintaining a family. Let's hope the show can cook up a Storm.

The show really reminds me of a comic series but the name escapes me....
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Re: No Ordinary Family

Postby geekgrrl on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:06 am

NOF has been a safe easy watch this season. I dont expect greatness out of it and it is the perfect type of show to have on while you are unwinding from the day. Got dinner dishes to do? Turn up the volume and wash away. Kids need to be put to bed? No worries you wont miss anything important and shock inducing. This porbably seems like a negative review but it's not. Most of the shows I watch require a level of commitment that frankly after a couple of evenings I need a break. NOF provides that break.

http://lostinreviews.com/2010/08/no-ordinary-family/
http://lostinreviews.com/ For those of us who live outside of normal
geekgrrl
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Return to Coaxial