Episodes

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Episodes

Postby geekgrrl on Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:18 am

After being away from the small screen since 2004 (I refuse to count the Joey years) Matt LeBlanc returns in the new Showtime series Episodes. Well he kind of appears. I mean he is there and he is in the show but if you are wondering if this is his comeback show I doubt you will be able to garner much from his 2 minute appearance. Oh sure the promos have been advertising it is the show where Matt LeBlanc is playing Matt LeBlanc but in the premiere he doesn’t do much more than get in to an accident with, coincidentally, the creator of the show the “studio heads” want him to audition for. Which by the way we don’t actually learn this bit of information until they are showing the previews for next week’s episode.

If they chose to have purposefully left Matt out of the premiere so as to allow the leads Stephen Mangan and Tamsin Greig a chance to establish themselves in the minds of the viewers before the “Hey, that’s Joey” wonderment began then they chose right. Because I must admit that I too wanted to see if he could step beyond “How you doin?” and finally come in to his own. But instead we were treated to perhaps the best bathroom non-love scene ever. Every beat in that scene was hit perfectly.

http://lostinreviews.com/2011/01/series-premiere-of-episodes/
http://lostinreviews.com/ For those of us who live outside of normal
geekgrrl
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Re: Episodes

Postby Fievel on Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:26 am

I'm just glad he stopped coloring his hair. Apparently he's been gray for years?
Regardless, the gray hair really makes him Not Joey.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby geekgrrl on Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:50 am

Yeah he didn't have the "Joey" aura surrounding him.
http://lostinreviews.com/ For those of us who live outside of normal
geekgrrl
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:55 pm

I saw the first episode and have no interest in seeing any more. I'm glad LeBlanc is stretching, and I liked Greig on "Black Books," but for me there wasn't anything new or funny about the premise that warranted more attention.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby so sorry on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:03 pm

What is this show about? I read your review but I honestly didn't see anything about its premise.

Another show within a show thing? Been there (Entourage) done that (Curb Your Enthusiasm). Right?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby stereosforgeeks on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:05 pm

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:I saw the first episode and have no interest in seeing any more. I'm glad LeBlanc is stretching, and I liked Greig on "Black Books," but for me there wasn't anything new or funny about the premise that warranted more attention.

Absolutely. I didnt laugh once. Its hollywood satire is limp. Been done way better (PThe Player, TV Set, etc...).
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Return to Coaxial