Being Human Season 3

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Being Human Season 3

Postby papalazeru on Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Being Human season 3 just started on BBC 3.

Great first ep, setting the scene the darker things to come. I'm glad that after a long time away it still manages to come back with its cheeky sense of humour. The old cast are back in swinging fashion, this time in Wales (obviously BBC money saving operation since they film everything there for cost benefits (Torchwood, Doctor Who etc...).

BTW, the American Series of Being Human started in USA - it wasn't bad. Wasn't great but then neither was Being Humans first UK ep. It soon warmed up.

In any case, worth watching and highly enjoyable material.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Re: Being Human Season 3

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:16 pm

papalazeru wrote:Being Human season 3 just started on BBC 3.

Great first ep, setting the scene the darker things to come. I'm glad that after a long time away it still manages to come back with its cheeky sense of humour. The old cast are back in swinging fashion, this time in Wales (obviously BBC money saving operation since they film everything there for cost benefits (Torchwood, Doctor Who etc...).

It was alright. Seemed a bit rushed to get Annie out of the limbo, but at the same time character building for Mitchell.

Possibly need to tone down the werewolf zanyness a tad.

BTW, the American Series of Being Human started in USA - it wasn't bad. Wasn't great but then neither was Being Humans first UK ep. It soon warmed up.

In any case, worth watching and highly enjoyable material.

It's Canadian apparently. It didn't seem like a worthwhile exercise just remaking it with different actors.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:39 pm

Fried Gold wrote:It's Canadian apparently. It didn't seem like a worthwhile exercise just remaking it with different actors.

Maybe but like the office, it might turn into something all on its own. For some reason, they seem to feel that the America's can't handle a UK show and have to remake it. I wonder if there ever was an American version of Fawlty Towers or Only fools and Horses?

papalazeru

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:47 pm

papalazeru wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:It's Canadian apparently. It didn't seem like a worthwhile exercise just remaking it with different actors.

Maybe but like the office, it might turn into something all on its own. For some reason, they seem to feel that the America's can't handle a UK show and have to remake it. I wonder if there ever was an American version of Fawlty Towers or Only fools and Horses?

There were three attempts at an US version of Fawlty Towers, one of which had Bea Arthur in the title role.

I've also read that the Colonel from MASH was going to star in the US remake of Only Fools and Horses, although it never got to airing.

On topic
- I thought the Lia character would be decent addition beyond the guest appearance. The scene in the limbo-train was rather good.
- apparently Mitchell is going to be the Hobbit film, so one could assume he might be written out in some way this series.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:32 pm

The first four episodes have been cool, if not a bit out there. The kinky vampires cracked me up. I also liked that there were consequences for Mitchell's trip into limbo, but the details are a bit fuzzy.

I could do without Nina, but whatevs.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:23 pm

I have been tempted to watch this but just haven't. I prolly will start this week as I need something to watch till Who starts or I find out what fracking powers the kids now have on Misfits...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:39 am

I like the little of Being Human that I've seen so far. One of my best friends is a huge fan, so she's introduced me to it. She's watching the US version as well, and has said that it feels different, but is not bad. I think I'll forego the US version for now and get caught up on the original first.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:06 am

My sister made me watch a few episodes. Fuck, what the hell does knackered mean? some times they'll say a whole sentence that is 90% British slang, like "I knackered my kit and bibble oy oy". I swear, I need a limey to English dictionary for this show. I have the same problem with Coronation street. The only British shows I can watch are Red Dwarf and Dr. Who, because they either make up slang in an easily digestible fashion or keep the hell away from it all together.

Top Gear took me a couple of weeks to get the hang of. I get petrol and calling a trunk, a boot was a little weird, but somewhat understandable.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby papalazeru on Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:06 am

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:I have been tempted to watch this but just haven't. I prolly will start this week as I need something to watch till Who starts or I find out what fracking powers the kids now have on Misfits...

I think you'll find that you'll be devoting a lot more time to this Bob. I was a doubter about the show but it really ends up quite rewarding. Lenora Crichlow is gorgeous!!

Lord Voldemoo wrote:I like the little of Being Human that I've seen so far. One of my best friends is a huge fan, so she's introduced me to it. She's watching the US version as well, and has said that it feels different, but is not bad. I think I'll forego the US version for now and get caught up on the original first.

I'm glad more US'ers are watching the UK version. I'd say it would be wise to watch the UK version first. I'm guessing they'll probably do what they do with the Office and once it gets an established fan base they'll go their own way wtih it.

It's a shame that it had to be remade for a US audience though, I thought the setting in Bristol was really nice and that American audiences would have dug the old worlde meets new vibe,

papalazeru

Postby Bob Samonkey on Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:38 pm

So the end of that was pretty intense. Cant see series 4 being as exciting though...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Return to Coaxial