The Chicago Code

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

The Chicago Code

Postby John-Locke on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:21 pm

Seeing as how it was written by Shawn Ryan (The Shield) and it involved Cops, I thought I'd give this new show a try, so glad I did.

It's seems to be being sold as a Jennifer Beals vehicle, she's got a strong role to play for sure but going by the first episode this is 100% Jason Clarke's (Brotherhood) show and he's just great as the Veteran street smart Detective who's tasked with bringing down the corrupt powers that really rule the great City of Chicago.

I don't want to spoil anything and I expect this thread will die a quick death but I thought I'd let those of you who are interested know that in my opinion at least it should be worthy of your time and investment.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Re: The Chicago Code

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:47 pm

It definitely seems worthy of my time. It was a bit clunky on the dialog front a bit but overall its very fun and seems like the bumpy parts will get better with time. I sort of wish it had a bit more grit but this is network tv we're talking about.

Also, its nice to see Luke from FNL got a job really quick now that FNL is done.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby theangiechrist on Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:14 pm

It's definately fresher than your normal cop drama. I dug the first episode.
theangiechrist
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby geekgrrl on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:33 pm

I enjoyed it but I couldnt shake the been there, done that feeling while watching.

http://lostinreviews.com/2011/02/the-chicago-code/
http://lostinreviews.com/ For those of us who live outside of normal
geekgrrl
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby John-Locke on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:57 pm

Third episode was very good, like a more intelligent yet less brutal episode of the Shield in many ways.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby theangiechrist on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:13 am

Watching this made me Netflix "The Brotherhood." Though not as good, you can see why Jason Clarke was cast. Much better use of his fake accent LOL
theangiechrist
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Return to Coaxial