Tough Enough

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Tough Enough

Postby King Of Nowhere on Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:25 pm

User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Re: Tough Enough

Postby Bloo on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:47 pm

I watched it and thought it made for very compelling television. I hope it has sustainabilty
Image
User avatar
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas, home of the Bacon Explosion

Re: Tough Enough

Postby King Of Nowhere on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:13 pm

I miss the auditions process they showed during the original Tough enough, it was one of the more entertaining parts.
Looks like they are trying to break away form the pop idol formula though, making us get to know everyone like Real World, Beauty & The Geek and the rest of those kind of shows do.

What we're missing in funny, we get back in the shape of Steve Austin & the criminally underused Booker (T) Huffman.
Trish looks really fucking good with the dark hair as well.

Hugh Morrus is a bit puzzling. While i'd rather see Ron Simmons say "Damn" every time the trainees fuck up, i think its kinda nice that they've still got some old WCW guys on the payroll.

Booker runs a training facility with Stevie Ray, his old tag partner, so i hope we see more of him actually training them & not just filling time until Austin appears.
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Re: Tough Enough

Postby Bloo on Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:03 pm

Bill DeMott (Hugh) was a former TE trainer (season 3 I think) and I believed he worked with The Miz as well outside of TE

He also runs his own school, the only trainer NOT running a school is Trish....hmmm Trish
Image
User avatar
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas, home of the Bacon Explosion

Re: Tough Enough

Postby King Psyz on Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:09 pm

I thought I saw a comercial for this the other day, I thought it's been off the air for years... when did it come back?
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?
 
Posts: 4906
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: anywhere but here

Re: Tough Enough

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:13 pm

It came back about two weeks ago.

WWE's shows are garbage. This isn't - probably because WWE have outsourced production to another company.

Although it's something of a set up with the "contestants", as about two thirds of them already have deals with them.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13928
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: Tough Enough

Postby Bloo on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:39 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
WWE's shows are garbage.


it could be worse...it could be TNA
Image
User avatar
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas, home of the Bacon Explosion

Re: Tough Enough

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:36 am

At least TNA are trying things. WWE is just running the same shit over & over, even their PPVs are bland as fuck.
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Re: Tough Enough

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:59 am

Bloo wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:
WWE's shows are garbage.


it could be worse...it could be TNA

WWE currently is worse than TNA.

That "WWE Draft" edition of Raw on Monday was farking terrible. It was actually not worth broadcasting. Considering they now say they're about "entertainment" rather than "wrestling", they don't even do anything entertaining.

TNA, while not the greatest thing ever, at least isn't bland and boring and generally one interesting thing on their cards to show.


Meanwhile, Tough Enough continues to be made of awesome.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13928
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: Tough Enough

Postby Bloo on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:12 pm

I gotta disagree FG, at least with WWE I'm not getting 20 min promos from Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, and Sting. And speaking of Sting, the 'E never would have let Jeff Hardy go out and compete in the condition he was in. Also the Jeff Jarrett/Kirk Angel (;)) feud has gone on way too long. Ken Kennedy is trying to hard to emulate Austin. However Fortune is the best stable in "wrestling" right now.

Tough Enough continues to be awesome though, I"m glad Miss USA is gone can't wait till the other girls are too, I haven't seen anything impressive out of them yet.
Image
User avatar
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas, home of the Bacon Explosion

Re: Tough Enough

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:28 pm

Bloo wrote:Tough Enough continues to be awesome though, I"m glad Miss USA is gone can't wait till the other girls are too, I haven't seen anything impressive out of them yet.

Considering the other two remaining women have actual ring experience they didn't exactly look a whole lot better than Rima (Evelisse in particular has been wrestling for IWA-Puerto Rico for a few years)

I still doubt WWE have fully Miss USA go. They'll probably give her the same training they gave Snooki and stick her in some storyline.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13928
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: Tough Enough

Postby Bloo on Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:32 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
Bloo wrote:Tough Enough continues to be awesome though, I"m glad Miss USA is gone can't wait till the other girls are too, I haven't seen anything impressive out of them yet.

Considering the other two remaining women have actual ring experience they didn't exactly look a whole lot better than Rima (Evelisse in particular has been wrestling for IWA-Puerto Rico for a few years)

I still doubt WWE have fully Miss USA go. They'll probably give her the same training they gave Snooki and stick her in some storyline.


yeah that wouldn't surprise me at all. Most of the contestents have been signed to devolpment contracts anyways I'm guessing to keep them out of TNA or something.
Image
User avatar
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas, home of the Bacon Explosion

Re: Tough Enough

Postby King Of Nowhere on Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:11 pm

Bloo wrote:I gotta disagree FG, at least with WWE I'm not getting 20 min promos from Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, and Sting. And speaking of Sting, the 'E never would have let Jeff Hardy go out and compete in the condition he was in. Also the Jeff Jarrett/Kirk Angel (;)) feud has gone on way too long. Ken Kennedy is trying to hard to emulate Austin. However Fortune is the best stable in "wrestling" right now.

Tough Enough continues to be awesome though, I"m glad Miss USA is gone can't wait till the other girls are too, I haven't seen anything impressive out of them yet.


Here is my problem with WWE:

Back in the day, in certain territories a match would have to be stopped for blood.
The wrestler would cut himself so the match wouldn't have a clean finish & the next time the two competed, it would be a first blood match.
All this would take place after your 5 min time limit match that reached the limit, a rematch with no time limit that ended in a double count-out, a falls count anywhere match that ended in disqualification (that's when the blood element comes in).
All of that would build a feud & the clear win would come at a big show for the promotion.

now, that sounds a lot like WcW ppvs, but that's because they had a lot of old guys on the books who had learned the business from older NWA promoters (which wcw it's self was a part of until the early 90's).

With WWE, people cut & the match is stopped while a medic sees to the wounds.
Not like Sabu taping himself (a way that builds the character) or being taken away on a stretcher (something that'll get the heel over)...
They do this exclusively to fill 2 mins of air time.

Now they may be trying hard to come across as a family friendly show, but they are letting it get in the way of the booking to an extent where it's interfering with their storytelling capability.

This led to the blandest Wrestlemania in history.


TNA may have the lethal combination of Russo & Bischoff running the show, but they still know why a main event is a main event, why a match should have a run in, why a cage match is a cage match...


Tough Enough continues to lack Booker :(
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Re: Tough Enough

Postby King Of Nowhere on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:12 am

SILENT RAGE WON!

FUCK YEAH!
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm


Return to Coaxial

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest