HBO Go

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

HBO Go

Postby Fievel on Mon May 16, 2011 12:21 am

HBO GO

Yet another reason that HBO kicks unholy ass. Basically it's HBO On Demand for smartphones, iPods, and laptops. A wicked combination of current movies, HBO original series, specials, and some fantastic classics as well. And the best part? It's completely free for HBO subscribers.

I thought we had a HBO-specific thread, but found nothing. I also thought this was too cool to get lost in the Random Coaxial thread.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Re: HBO Go

Postby Jakester on Mon May 16, 2011 3:10 pm

I like that, right now at least, they have every episode of every series, whereas my cable provider only has some of them available On Demand.
It's pretty damn sweet.
Jakester
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Fievel on Sun May 22, 2011 10:05 pm

Jakester wrote:I like that, right now at least, they have every episode of every series, whereas my cable provider only has some of them available On Demand.
It's pretty damn sweet.

I just saw that fact last night. Not every series ever made by HBO is on there, but the major series from the past 10 years are there - Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Deadwood, Rome, Entourage, etc.

I'm going to post this tidbit in the Game of Thrones thread as well, but next week's episode is going to be available on HBO Go starting tonight.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon May 23, 2011 12:58 am

I'm holding off getting it, because I know I'll spoil Game of Thrones for myself. I think I'll enjoy it on my flat screen with my surround sound, and not on my 4 inch smartphone.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Mon May 23, 2011 1:23 am

Get a computer with HDMI out and hook it up to your flat screen.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Mon May 23, 2011 2:42 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:Get a computer with HDMI out and hook it up to your flat screen.

Although I never got past the opening credits, I had it on my PC (23" monitor) and there was more pixelation than I would have cared for, especially at that size of a monitor. Never bothered to check how it looked through the HDMI on the TV. Hoping that's all because of a ridiculous amount of traffic. This could be the perfect final stress test for the service, although it's failing for now. I'll probably try again tomorrow night.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Return to Coaxial