HBO's "There's something wrong with aunt Diane"

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

HBO's "There's something wrong with aunt Diane"

Postby theangiechrist on Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:19 pm

http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/theres ... index.html

I just got done watching this. It's so painful to see the widow and his sister-in-law come to grips with the fact Diane killed 8 people while driving drunk. "it was unlike her." Goes to show, you never really know what a person will think or do. such a sad story. Grief sucks, especially when you find out the facts.
theangiechrist
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Re: HBO's "There's something wrong with aunt Diane"

Postby so sorry on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:36 pm

theangiechrist wrote:http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/theres-something-wrong-with-aunt-diane/index.html

I just got done watching this. It's so painful to see the widow and his sister-in-law come to grips with the fact Diane killed 8 people while driving drunk. "it was unlike her." Goes to show, you never really know what a person will think or do. such a sad story. Grief sucks, especially when you find out the facts.

Just read that synopsis...that's fucking terrible.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Ribbons on Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:18 am

I saw this, it's an interesting and somewhat disturbing movie. I remember hearing about the accident on the news when it first happened a couple years ago and getting the impression that the aunt was a fuck-up who shouldn't have been trusted with her brother's kids in the first place. What you come to learn as the story goes deeper into her family life is that it really wasn't like her, and nobody knows what to make of it. Whether she had some kind of medical emergency in the car, made a terrible and uncharacteristic mistake or just snapped, there are no easy answers.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby theangiechrist on Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:46 pm

one of the biggest parts that was hard for me to watch was when the oldest niece was calling her parents telling them there's something wrong with her and they pulled over for a little while. there was that shred of hope you knew would never arrive, and all those 911 calls trying to stop her when she drove the short 1.7 miles the wrong way.

Totally gut-wrenching.

I just hope that poor kid remembers the good things about his mom more than that fateful day.
theangiechrist
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Return to Coaxial