New Girl starring Zooey!

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

New Girl starring Zooey!

Postby DanielSan on Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:30 pm

Just watched this show on Primetime On Demand, and was pleased to find it to be a very funny show! Zooey is friggin' adorable in a cluelessly obnoxious way, and the three guys are actually funny characters as well! I definitely suggest you give it a shot. It's only 30 minutes....
DanielSan
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Re: New Girl starring Zooey!

Postby papalazeru on Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:00 pm

Oh. My. God. Zooey is just so damn hot in this show.

My one gripe with the show is that it's pretty much by the numbers TV. This thing has been through focus grouped to hell - about the only thing in it which actually seems natural is Zooey.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to keep watching it because it's got ZOOOOEEEEEY DESCHANELL!!!!!!!!
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Bob Samonkey on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:07 pm

papalazeru wrote:My one gripe with the show is that it's pretty much by the numbers TV. This thing has been through focus grouped to hell

The only thing missing is the live television audience to film in front of...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby so sorry on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:19 pm

I can't even sit thru a commercial for this show. I want to reach thru my tv and smack her every time she opens her mouth.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby DerLanghaarige on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:59 pm

Am I the only one who thinks that the show is absolutely hilarious...whenever the show focuses NOT on the new girl, but instead on Nick, Winston and most of all Schmidt?
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby DanielSan on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:03 pm

DerLanghaarige wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that the show is absolutely hilarious...whenever the show focuses NOT on the new girl, but instead on Nick, Winston and most of all Schmidt?

What has surprised me most about this show is how enjoyable the 3 male roommates are. Schmidt is fuckin' hilarious!
DanielSan
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby TheButcher on Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:45 am

DanielSan wrote:
DerLanghaarige wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that the show is absolutely hilarious...whenever the show focuses NOT on the new girl, but instead on Nick, Winston and most of all Schmidt?

What has surprised me most about this show is how enjoyable the 3 male roommates are. Schmidt is fuckin' hilarious!

Hell yeah!
Wh-what, what are you doing? There's no top dog crown!
Last edited by TheButcher on Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:24 am

I hope you guys aren't too sad when this show gets cancelled because of either:
a) low ratings
b) Zooey just gets bored with it.

I'd bank on the latter option...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby DanielSan on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:54 am

so sorry wrote:I hope you guys aren't too sad when this show gets cancelled because of either:
a) low ratings

I disagree entirely, but based on the most recent ratings (March 7, 2012), it would have to be the latter. Last week "New Girl" brought in 6 million viewers for FOX in its time slot, as well as the top spot for viewers age 18-49.
DanielSan
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby so sorry on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:58 am

DanielSan wrote:
so sorry wrote:I hope you guys aren't too sad when this show gets cancelled because of either:
a) low ratings

I disagree entirely, but based on the most recent ratings (March 7, 2012), it would have to be the latter. Last week "New Girl" brought in 6 million viewers for FOX in its time slot, as well as the top spot for viewers age 18-49.

Yeah she seems to be a real flakey girl in real life, and I know she considers herself a musician/singer/songwriter too, so she seems like she could easily become distracted and decide that she wants to move on after her initial contract runs out (whenever the hell that is). It seems to be getting some traction, ratings wise.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:26 am

don't worry. if that ever happens, they'll just get a.... ba-DUM-bum! ... NEW GIRL
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby papalazeru on Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:58 pm

papalazeru wrote:Oh. My. God. Zooey is just so damn hot in this show.

My one gripe with the show is that it's pretty much by the numbers TV. This thing has been through focus grouped to hell - about the only thing in it which actually seems natural is Zooey.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to keep watching it because it's got ZOOOOEEEEEY DESCHANELL!!!!!!!!

I'm quoting myself because now...I'm ashamed.

It's an absolute shit cliché format that does nothing with any of the characters.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still watching this based soley on the fact that Zooey is in it but god it's terrible.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby DanielSan on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:03 pm

papalazeru wrote:
papalazeru wrote:Oh. My. God. Zooey is just so damn hot in this show.

I'm quoting myself because now...I'm ashamed.

It's an absolute shit cliché format that does nothing with any of the characters.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still watching this based soley on the fact that Zooey is in it but god it's terrible.

Of course, you're entitled to your opinion, but I disagree entirely.

Still love ya!
DanielSan
GRANDO CARLISSIAN

Postby DerLanghaarige on Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:07 pm

Oh come on, if Zooey gets bored with it, they just give the show a new title and focus entirely on Nick, Winston and Schmidt! And it would make the show much better! Like I said earlier: Most of the fun comes from the three guys and their storylines anyway.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby TheButcher on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:10 am

DerLanghaarige wrote:Oh come on, if Zooey gets bored with it, they just give the show a new title and focus entirely on Nick, Winston and Schmidt! And it would make the show much better! Like I said earlier: Most of the fun comes from the three guys and their storylines anyway.

and Cece!
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:15 am

Schmidt wrote:"SPOILER: it's his penis."
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: New Girl starring Zooey! Chut-a-ney

Postby TheButcher on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:51 pm

'New Girl' Star Max Greenfield on Schmidt's Evolution and the Power of 'Chut-a-ney'
Greenfield tells THR about seeing more of Cece, the rest of the season and becoming less of a "douchebag": "They could have very easily just had me run around, bounce off walls and scream 'parkour' every other episode."
Michael O'Connell wrote:If you've been keeping up with Fox's New Girl, you may have noticed that Max Greenfield's Schmidt has made fewer contributions to the "douchebag jar" in recent episodes.

The highly quotable character from the freshman comedy revealed a softer side since secretly pairing up with Jess' (Zooey Deschanel) best friend Cece (Hannah Simone). That development marks a serious departure from the Schmidt of the pilot, something Greenfield seems pleased to see happen so early in the series.

"They could have very easily just had me run around, bounce off walls and scream 'parkour' every other episode," Greenfield tells The Hollywood Reporter. "And believe me, I would have been happy doing that. But they took it in a really nice direction, and I think Hannah and I have created a sweet romance."

Tuesday's episode, the aptly titled "Secrets," decides the course of that romance when the rest of the group discover Schmidt and Cece have been enjoying each other's company for months. The storyline brought a screen-time boost for Simone, who's steadily integrated herself into the series' tight roommate fold after what seemed like only cameos earlier in the season.

"She only becomes a bigger part of it," says Greenfield. "She's so good and a really great actress and I could not have asked for a better partner going through the final couple episodes of our show."

Schmidt does have other affections simmering on the burner. His awkward infatuation with Nick (Jake Johnson) has been a running gag for much of the season, which Greenfield attributes to the innate humor in Johnson being uncomfortable.

VIDEO: 'New Girl': Max Greenfield Says Schmidt Is 'Holding on for Dear Life' With Cece

"I think it ultimately comes from Jake and I being very close friends off camera," he says. "There was the one episode where I was running around trying to see Nick's penis -- Schmidt was very upset that he's the only one who hasn't seen it -- and Jake being violated at all is so funny to watch. He gets so uncomfortable. I think Schmidt just wants a more intimate relationship with Nick than any other man would."

Looking back at the freshman run, which finished shooting in late March, Greenfield is also surprised by all of the attention given to Schmidt's lexicon.

"I've been to a few parties or I've been out, and people are like, 'Can you just say chut-a-ney?'" he says, laughing about the episode in which he delivered an unusual pronunciation for the Indian condiment. "A lot of the time I'll be on set, and I'll just say some real funny stuff in the hopes that I get to hear [creator] Liz [Meriwether] laugh off camera. If she laughs, I know we did a good job. And chut-a-ney was one. I could hear her giggling three rooms away. We made good contact with that one."

But wrapping the season in March, with a renewal pretty much a given for the high-rated series, Greenfield also welcomes a break from the rigorous job. At the end of production, New Girl filmed 23 episodes and a pilot over the span of just 11 months.

"I saw the people on this show for the majority of this year far more than I saw my wife and daughter," Greenfield tells THR. "As boring as this sounds, they're just all professional people that are at their happiest when they're in the middle of a scene, trying to make it as funny as possible, trying to make it as good as it could possibly be. I think we all have that goal in mind, which is why the days don't seem as long as they might have had been doing another show."
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue May 01, 2012 7:47 pm

'New Girl' Star Jake Johnson Hears the Pleas for More Nick and Jess
Michael O'Connell wrote:Things look a lot better for Jake Johnson than they do for his New Girl alter ego, Nick Miller.

As the freshman run of the hit Fox comedy draws to a close, Johnson is readying for the June release of Sundance darling Safety Not Guaranteed and a hiatus spent working on other projects -- while Nick is putting all of his stock in a rooftop tomato garden and an awful ex-girlfriend who stages an ominous return in Tuesday's penultimate episode of the season.

"I feel like Nick, at the beginning, was very solid and grumpy and kept everybody together," Johnson tells The Hollywood Reporter. "And now when I watch episodes, I’m thinking, 'This guy is an idiot, he’s not keeping anyone together.' But I think it’s more fun this way."

PHOTOS: 'New Girl': Behind the Scenes of Fox's Comedy

While fun to watch, it's also a touch depressing. The most recent episode capped off with Nick and Caroline (guest Mary Elizabeth Ellis) reconciling while a newly single Jess (Zooey Deschanel) justifiably lost her cool.

"I don’t think she knows she’s the worst," Johnson says of Caroline, Nick's kryptonite. "A big part of Nick really has it together and is really smart, but she brings out the worst in him. Everything about Nick that’s bad works with Caroline. So, in one sense, it’s very comforting for him. The reason nobody else wants him with her is because together, they’re the worst -- the hard thing is that Mary Elizabeth is the best."

As for Nick's more likely long-term romantic prospect, Johnson says that his screentime with Deschanel got a significant boost after the fan response to their romantic tension earlier in the season.

"Personally, I love the Nick-Jess stuff as an actor," he says. Johnson actually asked EPs Liz Meriwether, Dave Finkel and Brett Baer about more scenes between the two characters, but they were concerned about hitting the audience over the head with a will they/won't they dynamic.

The audience, as it turns out, does not care about their heads.

"At the Paley Festival, every other question from the crowd was, 'How come there’s not more of Nick and Jess?'" Johnson says of the March panel discussion. "The next script we got was, 'OK, these characters are back to being in love with each other.' Part of me thinks that the people spoke, and the writers listened. In my little conspiracy theory world, that’s what happened."

VIDEO: 'New Girl' Star Jake Johnson Forecasts Nick's Rough Road

The trajectory of Nick and Jess and everything else on the series is something that eluded Johnson throughout the season. He actually had to learn a lot about his character in front of an audience.

"You show up to the network table reads, where you have [Fox entertainment president] Kevin Reilly and Katherine Pope from Chernin and all these heavy-hitters sitting across from me, and a lot of times you are reading the lines for the first time," he says, laughing. "So you're just thinking, 'Please don’t fire me when I’m terrible... I will be better on set.' It’s so scary. And I’m not one of those guys who has gotten comfortable and cool with it. Each one is equally as terrifying."

Less terrifying but equally unusual for Johnson is his new fame. As the season wore on, and after a well-received appearance in the successful 21 Jump Street reboot, he's now the object of public stalking.

"I was in a Walgreens yesterday and there was a couple that followed me down every single aisle," says Johnson, who was also approached by a complete stranger during our conversation. "Every time I looked up, they would look away, like private investigators pretending to look at their phones."

Johnson may act in another independent film this summer if the timing works out, but he also might lay low and work more on a pitch he and Max Winkler recently sold to Warner Bros. "I really love writing and developing and creating," he says. "New Girl makes it a little bit tricky because the hours are so intense. My brain turns into mashed potatoes in a hurry, so, for me, when I’m doing the show I can’t do other projects."

And Johnson seems content to get back to work on his recently renewed series, with an enthusiasm he's not embarrassed about.

"I’m not just saying this to sound like Tim Tebow," Johnson insists, "but I am really excited to see what the writers come up with for season two."
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat May 11, 2013 6:50 am

New Girl Remixed
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Sat May 11, 2013 1:27 pm

This is one of those sitcoms (like Happy Endings and Cougar Town) that I just cannot get into no matter how many times I try but that other people seem to enjoy. I know Community is usually lumped in with those shows as well, but I actually like that one. Anyway I'm not trying to troll the thread, just making an observation. If you like New Girl, rock on.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:32 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:20 pm

Fox, WME, Peter Chernin Sued for Allegedly Stealing TV Pilot Script for 'New Girl'
Two writers are going to court against a host of defendants, including "New Girl" creator Elizabeth Meriwether and director Jake Kasdan. The plaintiffs demand an injunction against the Fox show and a public apology.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:38 am

'Brooklyn Nine-Nine,' 'Mindy Project,' 'New Girl,' 'Following' Renewed at Fox
Lesley Goldberg & Michael O'Connell wrote:A renewal for New Girl was a given. Despite same-day viewer fatigue in its third season, the show is averaging a 3.1 rating among adults under 50 after seven days of time-shifting. The 72 percent jump makes it one of the most time-shifted comedies on TV, in proportional growth.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:19 pm

tfactor wrote:https://movies.yahoo.com/video/lets-cops-red-band-trailer-160013219.html?soc_src=copy "Let's be Cops" trailer here. If you watch New Girl, you'll be down with Athena and I to see this opening weekend.

Enjoy!

First Red-Band Trailer for LET’S BE COPS Starring Jake Johnson and Damon Wayans Jr.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Return to Coaxial