Page 1 of 2

Super Bowl Commercials

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:05 pm
by Fievel
Ferris Bueller!! I don't know what this is going to be for, but.... I would really love to see a well-written (the obvious need) sequel showing an adult Ferris Bueller skipping work for a day. In this day and age of mindless sequels and remakes, I'd really like to see this. But what do I know? I also want to see sequels showing where the characters of Sixteen Candles and The Breakfast Club are.


Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:39 pm
by so sorry
Fievel wrote:Ferris Bueller!! I don't know what this is going to be for, but.... I would really love to see a well-written (the obvious need) sequel showing an adult Ferris Bueller skipping work for a day. In this day and age of mindless sequels and remakes, I'd really like to see this. But what do I know? I also want to see sequels showing where the characters of Sixteen Candles and The Breakfast Club are.




Awesome! Looking forward to it.

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:49 pm
by Bob Samonkey
so sorry wrote:
Fievel wrote:Ferris Bueller!! I don't know what this is going to be for, but.... I would really love to see a well-written (the obvious need) sequel showing an adult Ferris Bueller skipping work for a day. In this day and age of mindless sequels and remakes, I'd really like to see this. But what do I know? I also want to see sequels showing where the characters of Sixteen Candles and The Breakfast Club are.




Awesome! Looking forward to it.


Ditto...

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:31 pm
by so sorry
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/53095

The whole commercial is now available.

A little underwhelming after that promo...

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:44 pm
by Fievel
so sorry wrote:http://www.aintitcool.com/node/53095

The whole commercial is now available.

A little underwhelming after that promo...


Really? Alan Ruck and Mia Sara were too busy?? Edie McClurg?? An appearance from Jennifer Grey and Charlie Sheen would have been great, too. It had some nice moments, but yeah... could have been so, SO much better. John Hughes isn't rolling in his grave, but I'd like to think he just ripped an apathetic fart in response.

I seriously wonder if I would have enjoyed it a bit more with a few beers in the system and sitting around with bunch of friends during the game.

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:58 pm
by so sorry
Yeah I'm not sure what would have made that "awesome". If they had brought back the entire crew from the first movie, I probably would have crapped all over it for lacking any originality. But seriously, they should have had Alan Ruck and Mia Sara at the least. At least Horse Face wasn't in it...

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:12 pm
by Fievel
so sorry wrote:Yeah I'm not sure what would have made that "awesome". If they had brought back the entire crew from the first movie, I probably would have crapped all over it for lacking any originality. But seriously, they should have had Alan Ruck and Mia Sara at the least. At least Horse Face wasn't in it...


She's gonna hoof the initials SJP on your face for that.

It should have taken place on Day One of filming the Ferris Bueller sequel. Instead of showing up to the set, the trio hits the town. Some PA could have been going trailer-to-trailer looking for the three. The PA would have opened up one trailer to find Grey in Sheen's trailer, lifting her head after doing a huge line..... snorting with laughter, of course. Open the door to Jeffery Jones' trailer to hear him exclaim to a lawyer "But it's art!! It's just art!!" Open Ben Stein's trailer to find him chanting "Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?" The PA would look at him funny to which Stein would replay "I'm method, bitch. Get out!!" Cutting back and forth from this to the trio going around town in their Honda CR-V, and most importantly - allowing Ruck to have the moment with the painting, not Broderick. Maybe while driving around, Broderick would tell the trio "Did you know that in Ireland, they drive on the opposite sides of the road?" Ruck or Sara would say "I didn't know that!" and Broderick would look into the camera solmenly "Neither did I."

Jesus fucking Christ on a cross..... I'm writing fucking Ferris Bueller fan fiction.
Kill me now.

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:14 pm
by so sorry
Fievel wrote:
so sorry wrote:Jesus fucking Christ on a cross..... I'm writing fucking Ferris Bueller fan fiction.
Kill me now.


Chick...chicka chicka!!!!

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:56 pm
by Bloo
I knew it would be for a car or an insurance agency or something, though it is kind of ironic considering Matthew's umm driving problems ;)

It was nice, but it would have been better to have Jeffry Jones, Ben Stein, and Alan Ruck.

Although Ruck did kind of reprise his role as Cameron in the first season of the ABC Family original GREEK as a college dean whose last name is similar to Cameron's in Ferris Bueller (Bowen or Bowden something like that) and is married to a lady named Sloane.

And venturing further off topic, how great was he in Justified?

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:57 am
by Fievel
Volkswagen Super Bowl Ad


Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:24 pm
by so sorry
What the fuck? Man that was stupid, and to mash in star wars like that...wtf?

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:56 pm
by Fievel
so sorry wrote:What the fuck? Man that was stupid, and to mash in star wars like that...wtf?


I agree with them, though. The kid was better.

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:14 pm
by minstrel
Volkswagen's ad agency is really trying too hard. That was cringeworthy.

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:51 pm
by TheBaxter
man, you guys are a bunch of party poopers. i thought it was a cute commercial. not as good as the darth vader kid one, sure, but there are certainly worse commercials out there. it's certainly not the travesty that matthew broderick bueller commercial was. but i'm a sucker for dogs, so maybe that's why i like it.

i thought the return of the vader kid at the end was kind of funny too, though they could have done better. what would've really been funny is if they re-released the original vader kid commercial as a "Special Edition" and edited in james earl jones yelling "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" at the end. but they're probably too afraid of pissing off george lucas.

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:10 pm
by Peven
wait a second, so you guys went gaga over last year's commercial with the kid, which was little more than an "aw, isn't that a cute kid" ploy, but don't like this one?? it is no contest, this one totally pwns last year's commercial, by miles.....

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:14 am
by Ribbons
Peven wrote:wait a second, so you guys went gaga over last year's commercial with the kid, which was little more than an "aw, isn't that a cute kid" ploy, but don't like this one?? it is no contest, this one totally pwns last year's commercial, by miles.....


Yo why you always gotta be comparing stuff yo? It doesn't matter if another commercial was worse and some people liked it, all that matters is whether this one is stupid or not (which in my opinion it is). Although I do like the idea of a dog being too studly to chase his favorite car.

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:56 am
by minstrel
The dog wanting to chase this one car is dumb. Is this the only thing Volkswagen wants to say about their car? That a dog wants to chase it? That will really get me out to the dealership, boy. "I want a car a studly dog wants to chase!"

And then the dog can't get through the door. Didn't he ever notice this before? Hasn't he been out of the house in months? Jeez.

Then we get the fitness montage - good! Promote fitness! Nothing to do with Volkswagens, though.

Then we take a hard 270 degree turn into Star Wars, which has nothing to do with Volkswagens (surprise!). And we see Kid Vader torturing somebody. Oooo ... kaaay.

Who comes up with this shit?

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:45 am
by TheBaxter
minstrel wrote:The dog wanting to chase this one car is dumb. Is this the only thing Volkswagen wants to say about their car? That a dog wants to chase it? That will really get me out to the dealership, boy. "I want a car a studly dog wants to chase!"

And then the dog can't get through the door. Didn't he ever notice this before? Hasn't he been out of the house in months? Jeez.

Then we get the fitness montage - good! Promote fitness! Nothing to do with Volkswagens, though.

Then we take a hard 270 degree turn into Star Wars, which has nothing to do with Volkswagens (surprise!). And we see Kid Vader torturing somebody. Oooo ... kaaay.

Who comes up with this shit?


ummmm.... overthinking much? it's a commercial, not a documentary about doggie diets.

as for the vader kid coda, i'm pretty sure that was added solely for the super bowl as an added "twist" to get people's attention. after the SB, only the dog part will be in the commercial. i mean, it's too long to be a normal commercial with that part anyway. even the original vader kid commercial was pared down to 30 seconds for other shows after the SB.

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:52 am
by Peven
Ribbons wrote:
Peven wrote:wait a second, so you guys went gaga over last year's commercial with the kid, which was little more than an "aw, isn't that a cute kid" ploy, but don't like this one?? it is no contest, this one totally pwns last year's commercial, by miles.....


Yo why you always gotta be comparing stuff yo?


compare and contrast, it is how we accurately evaluate anything in this world


if shit sandwiches were all there were to eat people wouldn't think they were good or bad they would just eat them, but hand out some nice BLT's and THEN they will realize that shit sandwiches are nasty. why? because they would have something to compare them to. its like evaluative sonar, without being able to "ping" something you can't really evaluate where you are....if that analogy makes any sense :wink:

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:14 pm
by Al Shut
In comparison any commercials are better than no commercials, i.e. watching football scratching their asses. while the rest of the world watches a commercial.

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:17 pm
by Ribbons
Peven wrote:
Ribbons wrote:
Peven wrote:wait a second, so you guys went gaga over last year's commercial with the kid, which was little more than an "aw, isn't that a cute kid" ploy, but don't like this one?? it is no contest, this one totally pwns last year's commercial, by miles.....


Yo why you always gotta be comparing stuff yo?


compare and contrast, it is how we accurately evaluate anything in this world

if shit sandwiches were all there were to eat people wouldn't think they were good or bad they would just eat them, but hand out some nice BLT's and THEN they will realize that shit sandwiches are nasty. why? because they would have something to compare them to. its like evaluative sonar, without being able to "ping" something you can't really evaluate where you are....if that analogy makes any sense :wink:


haha, fair enough

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:41 am
by Fievel
And Chrysler does it again.
Winner:

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:50 am
by minstrel
Agreed. Clint is badass.

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:17 pm
by Peven
not only that but he obviously agrees with the decision by the Obama administration to save Chevy and Chrysler from going belly up.....take that right-wingers :-P

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:19 pm
by Peven


looking better and better, can't wait to see this on IMAX

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:40 pm
by The Vicar
minstrel wrote:Agreed. Clint is badass.


Why isn't he running for President? I'd take Clint over anyone else in the race.
Or all of them put together.

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:42 pm
by The Vicar
Yeah, really liking the John Carter OF FRAKKING MARS ad.

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:58 pm
by minstrel
The Vicar wrote:
minstrel wrote:Agreed. Clint is badass.


Why isn't he running for President? I'd take Clint over anyone else in the race.
Or all of them put together.


Ask him why he didn't run for another term as mayor of Carmel, California. I guess he just doesn't like politics.

Besides, he's totally, like, old, dude. I wouldn't want to be his age and be taking on the responsibilities of being President. Clint is in the position where he can do whatever he wants with the rest of his life, and it looks like he wants to make movies. I have no problem with that.

Still, it would be cool having him negotiating nuclear weapons issues with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. "Do you really want to build nuclear weapons? Well do you, PUNK???"

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:05 pm
by minstrel
The Vicar wrote:Yeah, really liking the John Carter OF FRAKKING MARS ad.


I hate that they don't use that title. Who wants to see a movie called John Carter? It would be like seeing Larry Crowne or Michael Clayton or something. But John Carter of Mars? Yes, I'm in line!

I wish they'd sexed it up a bit, though. I remember the Frazetta illustrations, with the women in skimpy metallic thong bikinis, the men is loincloths with bulging muscles, etc. Almost like soft-core erotic fantasy. I want Frazetta's vision on the screen.

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:02 pm
by so sorry
minstrel wrote:I want Frazetta's vision on the screen.


Then you'll have to wait a few decades until Disney gives up the rights to the franchise.
Or just wait a few months for the inevitable porn version: Dong Carter

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:11 am
by TheBaxter
so sorry wrote:
minstrel wrote:I want Frazetta's vision on the screen.


Then you'll have to wait a few decades until Disney gives up the rights to the franchise.
Or just wait a few months for the inevitable porn version: Dong Carter


stupid pro0n marketers. it should be "Dong Carter of Arse". who wants to see a movie called Dong Carter? It would be like seeing Hairy Browne or Michael Gaybuns or something.

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:33 pm
by so sorry
Fievel wrote:Ferris Bueller!! I don't know what this is going to be for, but.... I would really love to see a well-written (the obvious need) sequel showing an adult Ferris Bueller skipping work for a day. In this day and age of mindless sequels and remakes, I'd really like to see this. But what do I know? I also want to see sequels showing where the characters of Sixteen Candles and The Breakfast Club are.




So I saw the shortened commercial last night and noticed something that has to be intentionally subliminal: when Broderick is in bed calling his agent...cut to his agent in his office. Look behind him to the right. There is a picture/something that has a HORSE FACE on it. As in Broderick's often-described horse-faced wife!

Yes I totally believe that someone in the props department thought it would be hysterical to put that image in there for all of Sarah Jessica Parker haterz!

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2012

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:53 am
by TheBaxter
so sorry wrote:So I saw the shortened commercial last night and noticed something that has to be intentionally subliminal: when Broderick is in bed calling his agent...cut to his agent in his office. Look behind him to the right. There is a picture/something that has a HORSE FACE on it.


oh, so SJP does make a cameo after all!

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2014

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:20 pm
by TheButcher
Super Bowl: Disney Seeking Last-Minute Ad Buy
Only three studios are shelling out a record $4 million per 30-second spot during the big game

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2014

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:14 pm
by so sorry
TheButcher wrote:Super Bowl: Disney Seeking Last-Minute Ad Buy
Only three studios are shelling out a record $4 million per 30-second spot during the big game


Lionsgate has a spot during the pregame show for its Kevin Costner drama Draft Day (April 11), appropriately set within the NFL.


I'm not sure what's worse: this movie or the fact that Lionsgate is spending 4M for 30 seconds to promote it.

Re: Super Bowl Commercials

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:20 am
by TheButcher
Laurence Fishburne Returns as ‘The Matrix’s’ Morpheus in Kia’s Super Bowl Commercial
"The Truth"

Re: Super Bowl Commercials 2014

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:30 am
by TheBaxter
so sorry wrote:
TheButcher wrote:Super Bowl: Disney Seeking Last-Minute Ad Buy
Only three studios are shelling out a record $4 million per 30-second spot during the big game


Lionsgate has a spot during the pregame show for its Kevin Costner drama Draft Day (April 11), appropriately set within the NFL.


I'm not sure what's worse: this movie or the fact that Lionsgate is spending 4M for 30 seconds to promote it.


judging by the ad, i'm going to say it's probably the movie that is worse. way worse.

also, what happened to the days when companies actually tried to surprise people with their super bowl spots. now every company seems to be releasing these ads on the internet days or weeks ahead of time, so by the time the game rolls around you've seen all the ads. i guess they're afraid, after spending all that money, of losing whatever percentage of eyes of people as they go to the bathroom or to get a snack during the commercial break. but it all just seems backwards. the ads are supposed to debut during the game, and then if you missed em you look em up on the internet afterwards.

Re: Super Bowl Commercials

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:24 am
by TheButcher

Re: Super Bowl Commercials

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:25 am
by TheBaxter


cue millions and millions of outraged Fox News viewers over the presence of "Black God"

Re: Super Bowl Commercials

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:30 am
by so sorry




Re: Super Bowl Commercials

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:21 am
by TheButcher
ign:
Why wait until Sunday?
Check out our collection of this year's Super Bowl commercials.

Re: Super Bowl Commercials

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:31 pm
by TheBaxter
the super bowl commercials this year were one of the most depressing lots of commercials i've ever seen. some of these commercials could cause a spike in the suicide rate.

Re: Super Bowl Commercials

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:32 pm
by Lord Voldemoo
TheBaxter wrote:the super bowl commercials this year were one of the most depressing lots of commercials i've ever seen. some of these commercials could cause a spike in the suicide rate.


You didn't enjoy the toenail fungus cream ad?

For those who didn't bother or missed it, the above is not a joke, and was the second worst decision made of the night.

Re: Super Bowl Commercials

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:19 am
by so sorry
TheBaxter wrote:the super bowl commercials this year were one of the most depressing lots of commercials i've ever seen. some of these commercials could cause a spike in the suicide rate.



I heard an interesting take on this. Maybe it was because of all the negativity and controversial stuff with football this year (wife beaters etc) that advertisers took a different approach this year, deciding not to do "fun" and "racy" stuff, instead concentrating on warm heartfelt messaging (well that's what they were going for, not that they succeeded).

Poor outing of commercial IMO for sure. And Katy Perry didn't wow me either. Good thing the GAME was good!


And by the way...

Image

Re: Super Bowl Commercials

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:41 pm
by Ribbons
For those who didn't see it, this is the controversial commercial people have been referencing:



I'm a tad confused about what they're selling.

Re: Super Bowl Commercials

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:52 am
by TheBaxter
Ribbons wrote:I'm a tad confused about what they're selling.


despair.

Re: Super Bowl Commercials

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:31 pm
by Ribbons
I don't know if this was the best Superbowl commercial, but it was definitely the most messed up:


Re: Super Bowl Commercials

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:38 pm
by so sorry
Ribbons wrote:I don't know if this was the best Superbowl commercial, but it was definitely the most messed up:




Agreed, and unfortunately for me this one hit me right in the feels...my step dad died last saturday, in a hospital bed, right in front of me.


But on a lighter note, at least I'm not suffering from opiod induced constipation!

Re: Super Bowl Commercials

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:11 pm
by Fievel
Sorry for your loss!

A lot of articles are praising the Helen Mirren anti-drunk driving ad. I actually thought it was horrible. To treat lightly something so ridiculously horrible...it doesn't make a point, it makes a joke. Is anyone going to think differently about driving while intoxicated because an Oscar-winning actress called them silly insults? No. Not a single one.

Re: Super Bowl Commercials

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:10 pm
by TheBaxter
Fievel wrote:Sorry for your loss!

A lot of articles are praising the Helen Mirren anti-drunk driving ad. I actually thought it was horrible. To treat lightly something so ridiculously horrible...it doesn't make a point, it makes a joke. Is anyone going to think differently about driving while intoxicated because an Oscar-winning actress called them silly insults? No. Not a single one.


that's what you think! this ad is just a precursor to the real campaign, where they will clone millions of miniature Helen Mirrens, which will be installed on the dashboard of every car sold in America, and they will have built-in breathalyzers which will monitor the alcohol content of the driver's breath and if it's above the legal limit, your miniature dashboard Helen Mirren will then begin shouting loud insults at you until you pull over and break down in tears.