Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome

Postby so sorry on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:42 am

trailer for the new series here

BLOOD & CHROME is set in the years preceding the famously revamped BATTLESTAR GALACTICA series from Ron Moore and David Eick, chronicling the adventures of young William Adama (played by Edward James Olmos in the recent series - but portrayed by Luke Pasqualino here) during the Cylon War.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome

Postby Fievel on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:04 am

I just looked this up on Wikipedia yesterday to see what the deal was with it. Was it still happening? Anytime soon?
There was no new news on its Wiki entry so I just sighed and closed the tab.

And now this!?!?!?!?!? FRAK ME!!!!!!!!
Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme!!! Now!! Now!! NOW!!! NOW!!!!!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:39 am

looks pretty good. i'm in. might give me an excuse to go back and rewatch BSG (a good show, but that ending disappointed me), and maybe even give Caprica a 2nd chance (did anyone watch the whole thing? was it any good?).

also... i really liked that TGWTDT trailer, but this editing style (and this song) is going to get REALLY old REALLY fast.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:02 am

Frak.

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: BLOOD & CHROME Won't Be A Syfy TV Series!!

This bums me out. I was really looking forward to a return to the BSG -vs- Cylons universe. I tried to get into Caprica, but just couldn't. I may revisit that series just out of morbid curiosity, but Blood & Chrome was what had me excited. At least there's still the movie/pilot.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:30 am

Fievel wrote:Frak.

This bums me out. I was really looking forward to a return to the BSG -vs- Cylons universe. I tried to get into Caprica, but just couldn't. I may revisit that series just out of morbid curiosity, but Blood & Chrome was what had me excited. At least there's still the movie/pilot.

bummer. though, maybe, if that tv-movie gets good enough ratings, they'll change their mind. isn't that kinda how it happened with the original (remake of ) BSG? they released that miniseries/movie/pilot, to test how popular it would be, and when it was a hit they took it to series.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:47 am

TheBaxter wrote:
Fievel wrote:Frak.

bummer. though, maybe, if that tv-movie gets good enough ratings, they'll change their mind. isn't that kinda how it happened with the original (remake of ) BSG? they released that miniseries/movie/pilot, to test how popular it would be, and when it was a hit they took it to series.

Webisodes???? Well that sucks, but like Bax said, if this little movie event garners enough attention then maybe they'll invest in the property a bit more.

Personally, I never liked to show enough to follow it religiously (hmmm, I have the same feelings about the Walking Dead too!), but I'd probably watch this....trailer looked cool (despite that God-aweful rendition of The Immigrant Song).
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:59 am

yeah, i won't be watching any webisodes. webisodes are lame
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (Now w/ Happy Trails...)

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:27 pm

BSG: Blood and Chrome:

Episode 1

Episode 2
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:43 pm

Hey look, it's that kid from Skins. Good for him.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fievel on Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:51 pm

I finally watched this last night.... and there are some spoilers ahead....

Parts of this were awesome. When Adama first saw the Galactica and the music kicked in.... man, I had goosebumps galore. Bear McCreary does his best work in this world, and hearing him call back to the original series again was awesome.

The story itelf? Okay. It felt just like what it was - a made-for-TV movie that served as a pilot episode.... and that sucks because the series didn't get picked up. Overall it felt a little rushed, especially concerning the Ghost Fleet - an awesome concept that I still don't understand the purpose of. The fate of the Osirus was a little too reminiscent of the Exodus - down to the similarities in appearance of the captains (I had to look them up to make sure they were different actresses!) There was just too many stupid little questions posed regarding incidental characters that were obviously meant to be answered over time once the series aired. But, that's obviously never going to happen. So... wasted space on the movie. It was cool seeing Raptors and Vipers and Cylons again, though - especially hearing 6's voice at the end.

But my main gripe - the CGI effects. They were so inconsistent. Some exterior space shots were just beautiful. But others, particularly those of pilots in ships, were horrible, and obviously CGI. There was one shot near the end of Adama and Coker leaving a building that was beyond SyFy B-Movie bad. I expected to see a boom mic drop in the shot it was so bad. But then they'd surround horrible shots like that with stunning shots that made me forget what was CGI and what wasn't. So unbelievably inconsistent.

Thinking back... the writing was horrible. Horrible. But the actors did what they could with it. Young Adama was the punk he was supposed to be. Coker was the Wanna-Go-Home Vet that he was supposed to be. I bought the performances, just hated the material.

And what the fuck were those body parts at Toth's ski lodge?!?!? I know that he said the Cylons stored "spare parts" there... and we saw that prototype-skinjob at the end, but were those body parts the Cylons or was that Toth's dinner?!?

In the end, it kind of came across like a fan-made film with a big budget.
The good - The music, the world itself.
The bad - The effects, the writing (WTF was that dialogue between Coker & Toth while Adama & Beka were getting it on?!?)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:57 am

this just reminded me that i still have this on my DVR and haven't watched it yet.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Return to Coaxial