Touch (Early Edition 2012)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Touch (Early Edition 2012)

Postby DerLanghaarige on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:36 am

Is anybody watching that new Kiefer Sutherland/Tim Kring show? Apparently the critics don't like it and the ratings aren't that hot either (but well, it's just the first two episodes), but I gotta admit that I'm so far deeply in love with the show. Mostly because of how upbeat and down to earth it is. When it was announced, I (and I'm sure everybody else) figured out that Sutherland has to stop terrorists or evacuate people from natural disasters before they happen, but in the end it is "just" another show like EARLY EDITION or QUANTUM LEAP, where one single person tries to change random people's life for the better, by preventing them from doing the wrong thing at the wrong time.

And I think that's awesome!

These days, shows that end unhappily ever after are the norm. During the pilot, I expected to see the kid with the bomb die, until I realized that the show isn't about shocking people with "reality", but about optimism and hope. And the chain reaction factor of the stories, adds a nice, entertaining twist to the subgenre.

AS far as one can tell after only two episodes, I think it's a well made, light hearted show. It could need a little bit more humor and I don't know how long this concept will work, but it made a pretty high leap on my weekly watchlist in that short amount of time.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Re: Touch (Early Edition 2012)

Postby Ribbons on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:30 am

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Al Shut on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:05 pm

I lost interest in the pilot after 10 minutes of only half watching it

maybe I'll give it a real chance next time it's on
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby swoop91 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:42 am

Jack bauer rolls in his grave
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Al Shut on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:09 am

Al Shut wrote:I lost interest in the pilot after 10 minutes of only half watching it

maybe I'll give it a real chance next time it's on

I really tried but after a few minutes of having no clue of what's going on I changed to something different again.
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby DerLanghaarige on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:07 pm

Al Shut wrote:I really tried but after a few minutes of having no clue of what's going on I changed to something different again.

Yeah, the thing is that it's a show of random stories, that only make sense in the end.
Although I have to say that episode three left me a little bit puzzled, because while in the first two episodes all subplots were part of the same chain reaction, they were this time only losely connected. The story about the African woman and her best friend even happened completely on its own. So I started wondering, if we will see the characters return in later episodes (like the Japanese girls and the cellphone) and it will all end up in fucking big "Oh...NOW I get it!".
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby darkjedijaina on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:23 am

I saw the first episode and I dug it alright, mostly because it was nice to have something NICE on tv. i have yet to see the other episodes tho they are in my hulu queue.
darkjedijaina
BAD ASH

Return to Coaxial