Veep (new HBO comedy)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Veep (new HBO comedy)

Postby Fievel on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:31 am

I laughed. A lot.
I thought it had a few trying-to-hard jokes/banter that I'd expect from a pilot, but otherwise I loved this show. Almost seemed to have the most realistic/natural use of the word "fuck," and all of its variations, that I have seen on a cable comedy (but also seemed to be trying to hard at times). Easily JL-D's best role since Seinfeld, not that it was a difficult feat to achieve. Supporting cast seems to be excellent. And damn.... Anna Chlumsky.... DAMN!!! :shock: :oops: Welcome back!!!!!!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Re: Veep (new HBO comedy)

Postby Peven on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:41 am

fun show, talk about a change of tone going from an hour of Game of Thrones to THIS :lol:

sunday nights just looked to become even better, pretty well chock full of viewing pleasure between the two aforementioned HBO shows along with Magic City on Starz

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby tapehead on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:58 am

Based upon The Thick of it, and it's feature In The Loop, it's the brainchild of Steve Coogan collaborator Armando Iannucci - Chlumsky was in In The Loop also. I haven't watched it, but surely it's got to good.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby swoop91 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:37 am

boring, bad humor and just bad overall. Too goofy as well
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

Return to Coaxial