Masters of the Air (Band of Brothers III)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Masters of the Air (Band of Brothers III)

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:14 pm

Spielberg and Hanks are making another Second World War 2 mini-series, this time focussing on US bomber crews.

Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks are heading back to World War II on HBO for a third time. We first got wind of another follow-up to Band of Brothers and The Pacific back in October, when HBO executives Michael Lombardo and Richard Plepler told press they were considering a third miniseries in a similar vein. At the time, we knew only that the new show would focus on aerial battles over the Pacific. Now the subject matter is coming into clearer focus as the project has secured the rights to Donald L. Miller‘s book Masters of the Air: America’s Bomber Boys Who Fought the Air War Against Nazi Germany.

http://www.slashfilm.com/steven-spielbe ... iniseries/

Band of Brothers is one of the greatest TV programmes ever made. I found The Pacific to be well made but the structure of the series was a bit patchy (possibly due to it being written from two separate sources). Hopefully this will be as amazing as BoB.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Re: Masters of the Air (Band of Brothers III)

Postby so sorry on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:31 pm

Agreed on all accounts.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:41 am

Agreed. Hoping for more greatness here.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:51 pm

High hopes! And a strong personal interest as my grandfather was a B-24 Liberator pilot in WW2.

I really hope this lives up to expectations. I really liked The Pacific but I agree with FG that it was a bit disjointed. The original BOB is the bees' knees.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Return to Coaxial