Defiance (New SyFy Series)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Defiance (New SyFy Series)

Postby Fievel on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:15 am

New show on SyFy.

Also has a MMO video game tie-in.

First 14 minutes available at:
http://www.syfy.com/

Or here at the Main Site. - but I couldn't get the video to go Full Screen (using Chrome)... maybe it's just me....
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Re: Defiance (New SyFy Series)

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:43 am

the promos for this have looked pretty good, so i'll be watching. i think i can wait a couple weeks to see those 14 minutes though. i don't like being cockteased.

unless it's by my sig image
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:01 am

Two episodes in.... the premiere was interesting, if only for the premise and the battle at the end. The second episode was only interesting because of the notion of the entire city of Old St. Louis being underground. Other than that, the show is rather boring on the whole right now. I do like the overall world/aliens/etc. I think I would have rather had more of the backstory of how it all came to be to begin with. The 12-second clip of the ship eclipsing the airliner was extremely cool.... but was the closest to offering modern perspective to the invasion.

I'm along for the ride right now. I'll give it the season to see how it shapes up.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:33 am

i've only seen the pilot so far. i thought it was pretty good, though occasionally veering in cheesy sy-fy (as opposed to sci-fi) territory... you know, typical dodgy cgi shots and makeup and cliches you find in a typical syfy movie. but overall i liked it. i think the female characters could be the strength of the show. the female sidekick character seems promising, and so does that one who's played by the chick from dexter.... no, not rita, the OTHER chick from dexter, who plays the wife of that one alien crime lord guy (i bet you didn't know she was played by lila from dexter season 2, since in the makeup she's completely unrecognizable... i didn't either til i looked it up on imdb). the male characters are just ok, but the hardest part for me will be warming up to the main guy.... something about him just doesn't work for me. he's definitly no nathan fillion.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:11 am

I'm amazed that they gave this show a second season. I'm thankful, but amazed. The whole season was like one long pilot that laid the groundwork. It really went nowhere. There was no real character growth over the season by anyone. More questions than answers (like most shows, I guess). I'll be there for Season Two, but man.... I hope they have a plan in place.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Return to Coaxial