The New Doctor Who (Now w/ Rupert Grint!)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

The New Doctor Who (Now w/ Rupert Grint!)

Postby judderman on Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:59 pm

Damien Molony: He played a vampire in Being Human, and apparently got some gals swooning. Looks like this

Joseph Gilgun: Never heard of this guy, but he's been mentioned several times. Looks like this

Benedict Cumberbatch: Yes, despite the fact that he a) is already working for Stephen Moffat b) is already playing Sherlock Holmes and c) has been snapped up by Hollywood, people still feel like he's an obvious choice.

Ben Whishaw: Played Q in Skyfall. Yeah. So that makes him a good Doctor? That Q was obnoxious!

Idris Elba: Too surly, surely? But apparently is the top black choice for the role among fans. Not mine. Mine would be...

Chewitel Ejiofor: Actually, scratch "black". He's my top choice full stop. Neil Gaiman thinks he's too well known, but really, how many people saw Serenity? Watch him do Hamlet

Richard Madden: aka Robb Stark from Game of Thrones. Again, probably a fangirl choice

Russell Tovey: Another guy who plays a supernatural being on Being Human. Never heard of this guy before, but apparently he's been in the running before. Looks like this. You be the judge.

Rory Kinnear: An RSC vet. BBC denied he'd been considered, which only sent rumours skyrocketing. Looks like this

Rupert Grint: Seriously? People want him to play the Doctor? Get some BlueBittles, dude.

Riz Ahmed: The guy who played the terror cell leader in Four Lions. Definitely has the temperament, but he's also a rapper. Looks like this

David Harewood: David Estes on Homeland. Never watched the show so I have no idea if he'd be any good.

Colin Morgan: Again, played a similar role in another fantasy show, so fans want to see him do it again, in this case Merlin. Looks like he just came out of diapers

John Hurt: Look guys, it's very simple. If the present Doctor remembers this other Doctor, that means he already existed.

Billie Piper: I'm being serious. People honestly want her to do the role.

David Tennant: The fans are so desperate to have him back they don't care if it makes sense.

Olivia Coleman: the actress of the moment in the UK, so of course she's being considered for everything. You probably remember her as the trash-talking cop in Hot Fuzz. She's very funny

Helen Mirren: Let's face it; if there was a spot open for James Bond, there'd probably be some people clamoring for her. But it ain't gonna happen guys.

Ian McKellen: Remember way back when, when everyone thought Sean Connery was going to play Gandalf and everyone was asking who this McKellen guy was? Now, if it's British and vaguely male, someone wants to cast him.
judderman
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Re: 12th Doctor poll

Postby BuckyO'harre on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:06 pm

Out of those (that could actually happen) I'd go for Chiwetel. Dude has got range.

But if we're throwing plausibility out the window, I'd want either Hugh Laurie or Dylan Moran*.
I doubt Hugh wants to give up touring his music and the occasional feature film just yet.
As for Dylan, he probably has zero interest.

*For those unfamiliar, he's an Irish comedian/actor who you'd recognize for his bit part in Shaun of the Dead. I recommend checking out his standup and the series Black Books.
BuckyO'harre
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby travis-dane on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:34 am

I vote for Idris Elba. After Tennant and Smith, we need a change, leave the whimpy alone for a while and give us a man. A black man.

The bad guy from Serenity would be okay too.
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:57 pm

Ben Whishaw would be good, but I wonder if Doctor Who would be a step back for his career path.

It would be disappointing if they cast Russell Tovey, although I suspect it might be good bet.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:50 pm

You've got about 10mins to get a cup of tea made and turn the TV to BBC One/BBC America for the reveal show.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby Ribbons on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:31 pm

And the new Doctor Who is...

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:56 pm

King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby DerLanghaarige on Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:11 pm

Don't know who he is, but with all respect for Tennant and Smith, I'm glad that they took an older one again, despite the risk of loosing a chunk of their teenage fangirl audience.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Ribbons on Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:31 pm

DerLanghaarige wrote:Don't know who he is...

Here's what you can expect -- with some of the language cleaned up, probably:

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Re: The New Doctor Who (Now w/ Rupert Grint!)

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:56 pm

This is going to the test the dedication of the Tumblrgirl fans.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby SooperPooperScooper on Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:47 pm

go fuck yourself
SooperPooperScooper
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Ribbons on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:12 pm

Fried Gold wrote:This is going to the test the dedication of the Tumblrgirl fans.

Well, he's no Matt Smith. Or David Tennant. Or even Christopher Eccleston, I guess. But he's got the boyish good looks of a... slightly old Tom Baker? Hey, here's some of this:

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby DerLanghaarige on Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:44 am

No opinions on the special? I liked it. It was surprisingly fun and light hearted for a christmas special (But the show became less tear jerking and depressing in its last season anyway.) and for any reason having the Doctor Finally die of old age, instead of a heroic sacrifice or murder was pretty great for a change.

But I did have some trouble with following all detail. So far I saw every episode only once, so my memory wasn't the best. And damn, I wish they wouldn't have constantly reminded us, that Clara was actually naked early in that episode. Too bad that we didn't see much of Capaldi, but since this is the way they usually do it (regeneration at the end of the episode, followed by one or two lines and the end credits), I was prepared.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby justcheckin on Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:14 pm

I liked it… always sad to see the doctor change. I also was glad that it wasn't too sad. Good bye to Rory, Amy and the season finale with River was sad sad sad. It needed a light hearted goodbye.
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Postby Ribbons on Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:35 pm

Needs more Rupert Grint!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:57 pm

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Ribbons on Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:09 am

Did anybody see the Doctor Who Christmas special? It had Santa Claus!

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby justcheckin on Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:28 pm

I did and really liked it. It goes on the 'good Christmas specials' list for me. I'm getting used to Rupert, I like him a great deal.
justcheckin
AIRWOLF

Return to Coaxial