Orphan Black

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Orphan Black

Postby Fievel on Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:01 pm

I just wanted to start a thread for this show because I just finished the first season.... and found it quite enjoyable. One of those "it can't be as good as everyone* says it is" shows.
Well it was. Addictive as hell, and thank goodness for On Demand so I had the entire season at my fingertips.

*And by "everyone" I mean a lot of non-Zoner people on Facebook were talking about this show. And when non-Zoner people talk, I'm skeptical as hell about a new show - automatically thinking it's the new Dawson's Creek or something. But no, this was very entertaining.

Anyone else watch this?
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Re: Orphan Black

Postby Ribbons on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:11 pm

I did! I think I'm one of the few people that don't quite get the insane levels of praise for this show, but I still find it enjoyable and addictive. Tatiana Maslany is so good in every role that I often forget I'm watching the same actor. Which is impressive considering the show is almost just her talking to herself for 60 minutes.

I also like the way the plot unfolds... they don't telegraph the twists, per se, but they don't try and pull the rug out from under you at the last second. A lot of the game-changing developments are usually brought up long before they're confirmed.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby travis-dane on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:31 am

I watched it too, it was something else. Matt Frewer creeps me out. Another very solid show on BBC america.
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Fievel on Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:58 am

Man.... I'm watching a shitload of TV and not commenting on 90% of it (until tonight, apparently).
Just wanted to jump-start this thread and say that the second season is still awesome!!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Return to Coaxial