Walking Dead Companion/Spinoff Series

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Walking Dead Companion/Spinoff Series

Postby Fievel on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:36 am

The Walking Dead: AMC Announces New Companion / Spinoff Series

Let's see....
Walking Dead Comics
Walking Dead Show (original)
Walking Dead books
Walking Dead Video Games
Now another Walking Dead show

I want my Walking Dead cereal!!!!!!

I'm hoping for the best, but......
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Re: Walking Dead Companion/Spinoff Series

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:02 pm

interesting. There are obviously plenty of other potentially interesting points of view to show as the current series really only shows the area around Atlanta. Could potentially be fun, but I'm wondering how much further we can push the envelope on zombie fiction before we collectively burn out.

We'll see! The show is flawed, but, at least to me, not fundamentally so. The challenge I've had lately is that there are a few characters that have become tiresome to me. Some new life (both in the existing show through the additional population at the prison as well as through a new show the following year) could be welcome.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby so sorry on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:08 pm

Fievel wrote:The Walking Dead: AMC Announces New Companion / Spinoff Series

Let's see....
Walking Dead Comics
Walking Dead Show (original)
Walking Dead books
Walking Dead Video Games
Now another Walking Dead show

I want my Walking Dead cereal!!!!!![/youtube]

You forgot one:
The Walking Dead Comic Book inspired by the TV show
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:31 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:interesting. There are obviously plenty of other potentially interesting points of view to show as the current series really only shows the area around Atlanta. Could potentially be fun, but I'm wondering how much further we can push the envelope on zombie fiction before we collectively burn out.

Burn out is a huge concern. I've loved the genre since I first saw Day of the Dead in the mid 80's, so I personally won't burn out. I'm just worried about the general public and TV executives.

And as far as location.... that's my biggest gripe of the show, and somewhat with the comic. The comic changes location every now and then, but it's usually more of the same geography. I want to see snow. I want to see mountains. I want to see the ocean. Maybe some desert. And I definitely want to see more major metropolitan areas. Something else that would be cool - national landmarks. Maybe it's the Fallout 3 fan in me, but Washington DC overrun with zombies would be amazing. New York City.... Los Angeles... Hollywood (celebrity zombies!) San Francisco.... The arch in St. Louis.... The battlefield in Gettysburg strewn with corpses once again!.... Of course, big cities = big production costs, so I can see why that wouldn't happen (aside from the danger factor story-wise).

Lord Voldemoo wrote:We'll see! The show is flawed, but, at least to me, not fundamentally so. The challenge I've had lately is that there are a few characters that have become tiresome to me. Some new life (both in the existing show through the additional population at the prison as well as through a new show the following year) could be welcome.

Looks like a new major character as well as a big boost in visibility for Tyreese this next season. That should help. That's one thing that the comic doesn't lack in - new characters to replace those that have died.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:09 pm

this show could and should spawn endless spinoffs. there are so many possibilities...

Dead Connection - a show where a zombie gets to pick from 3 different people and then sits down to discuss how their brains tasted with host Zombie Chuck Woolery

Walker, Texas Walker - chuck norris comes back as a karate-fighting zombie who tracks down kidnappers, drug lords, and brains
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:38 pm

TheBaxter wrote:Walker, Texas Walker - chuck norris comes back as a karate-fighting zombie who tracks down kidnappers, drug lords, and brains

:lol: :lol: :lol: YES!!!!!!

Walking Dead: Miami....... because who WOULDN'T want to see a zombie David Caruso, complete with sunglasses (and no, he didn't play one on CSI: Miami)

Mad Dead Men
How I Ate My Mother
Eating Up the Kardashians
The Golden Girls: Eternal Bliss
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:02 pm

they could just kill 2 spinoff birds with one stone, and make Breaking Dead, about a zombie who cooks meth to pay for feeding his addiction to brains
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Return to Coaxial