Mob City (Frank Darabont's New Show)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Mob City (Frank Darabont's New Show)

Postby Fievel on Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:04 am

Standard "I could have sworn we already had a thread" crap applies.....

New Trailer.

Poor Simon. :(
I guess we see for sure that it's not a recurring role.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Re: Mob City (Frank Darabont's New Show)

Postby SilentBobX on Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:30 pm

Mob City, or as it's known elsewhere: Boardwalk Empire minus the breasts, language and bloody violence. Oh and Steve Buscemi.

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby Ribbons on Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:01 pm

I'm completely unfamiliar with L.A. Noire, and I'm pretty sure there are already a bazillion movies about Mickey Cohen, but Frank Darabont made something pretty special with The Walking Dead (which was quickly shat upon by AMC), so I'll definitely be there for this one.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fievel on Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:32 pm

Ribbons wrote:Frank Darabont made something pretty special with The Walking Dead (which was quickly shat upon by AMC), so I'll definitely be there for this one.

That's my thoughts. The previews they've shown so far LOOK real pretty. Will have to wait an see if there's any substance behind it. The cast is decent, too
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Ribbons on Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:54 pm

This was very well-made, but the main character was kind of a blank slate. In a world full of "gray hats," it's a little disappointing that all of the morally questionable plot twists hinge on the love of a good woman. The characters around him are infinitely more interesting, and Robert Knepper brings the same memorable mix of puckish humor and volatile rage that left such an impression as T-Bag on Prison Break. I'm down for more. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the powder keg that is Los Angeles now that there's a power vacuum at the top.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Return to Coaxial