Game of Thrones Season 4 (Spoilers)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Game of Thrones Season 4 (Spoilers)

Postby Ribbons on Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:20 pm

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiii…

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Re: Game of Thrones Season 3 (Spoilers)

Postby Fievel on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:16 am

.....T!!!!
:D

Spring is coming!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Re: Game of Thrones Season 4 (Spoilers)

Postby so sorry on Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:45 am

I will digest and dissect that later today, but first glance: LET'S GET HERE APRIL ALREADY!!!!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:20 pm

that trailer was kind of underwhelming, but i'm guessing all the really juicy stuff i keep hearing is supposed to take place next season still needs to be kept under wraps.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:26 pm

TheBaxter wrote:that trailer was kind of underwhelming, but i'm guessing all the really juicy stuff i keep hearing is supposed to take place next season still needs to be kept under wraps.

Yeah I had the same initial reaction. The "juicy stuff" is kinda there but not there. For example, Tyrion being led in chains...what did he do to get himself incarcerated?? :shock:
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:59 pm

so sorry wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:that trailer was kind of underwhelming, but i'm guessing all the really juicy stuff i keep hearing is supposed to take place next season still needs to be kept under wraps.

Yeah I had the same initial reaction. The "juicy stuff" is kinda there but not there. For example, Tyrion being led in chains...what did he do to get himself incarcerated?? :shock:

I KNOW I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

This is going to be a weird season for me. I was always slightly trailing the show in my reading, but I'm now well ahead. I hope it doesn't negatively impact my enjoyment of the show. Regardless, I'm pretty excited to get back into this world, visually. Hurry up, April!
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby so sorry on Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:40 pm

I just watched the trailer again (times 3)... its amazing that the actress who plays Arya doesn't look that much different from the beginning of the series, but the kid playing Bran looks like he's aged 10 years!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:21 pm

so sorry wrote:I just watched the trailer again (times 3)... its amazing that the actress who plays Arya doesn't look that much different from the beginning of the series, but the kid playing Bran looks like he's aged 10 years!

But when you watch her here, it's like "Yeah.... she's aged..."

Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Ribbons on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:04 pm

I can't tell if she's messing with us or if that's how she actually talks...
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fievel on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:27 pm

Also..... and this is no disrespect to the actress, who I just adore......

But she looks like she could be the younger sister of Chumlee from Pawn Stars.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:34 am

Ribbons wrote:I can't tell if she's messing with us or if that's how she actually talks...

Yeah that's kinda how teenage girls talk. Just with the added accent...

Fievel wrote:Also..... and this is no disrespect to the actress, who I just adore......

But she looks like she could be the younger sister of Chumlee from Pawn Stars.

:shock: My God you're right!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Al Shut on Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:17 pm

Am I confusing things (people, facts etc.) or is Oberyn going against the trend and younger than in the books?
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Ribbons on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:07 pm

I think in the book, they said he had some grey in his hair, but it looks like they could conceivably be around the same age (late 30s/early 40s-ish)
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:39 pm

Yeah Oberyn has to be 40ish. He was 13 or 14 when he went to Casterly Rock to meet Cersei (as a potential pairing). This was before the (last) war.

I always pictured an Antonio Bandaras type for Oberyn.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Al Shut on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:40 pm

I suck at spotting ages anyway
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:17 am

Do not, do not, do not watch if you haven't seen all of season 3 (or if you are trying to remain completely fresh for season 4...there's a bit more footage here than in the trailer, most of it is alluded to in the trailer, but not everything.

Otherwise, enjoy.

Edit: it looks like it's broken, but it isn't. Game of Thrones Season 4: Ice and Fire: A Foreshadowing

for a true moment of terror, watch at the 9:02 mark. :twisted:
Lord Voldemoo

Postby Fievel on Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:28 pm

Yeah.... watched that yesterday. Such a cool thing to watch - not only to get glimpses of the upcoming season, but also to see the actors talking about the series as fans themselves.

There was that scene where he said "Hodor"....... That was definitely a badass one!

:lol:
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:21 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:for a true moment of terror, watch at the 9:02 mark. :twisted:

stuff like this and arya stark's vine posts lead me to believe that it is for the best to just ignore and not listen to any of these actors' real life voices.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:44 pm

Jeebus GET HERE ALREADY!!!!!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:51 pm

Another season 4 trailer.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:16 pm

GRR Martin interveiw, talks about show catching up to books

He's got to have the majority of the next book written by now, right? So if that came out in the next year or so, that should give HBO at least another season's worth of material. But he's out of his gourd if he thinks HBO will take a long hiatus, or do a "prequel" season so they can wait for him to publish again. We are already seeing hints of book 4 in this upcoming season (which is supposed to still be mostly focused on the back half of book 3).
Book 4 and 5 take place simultaneously, and there is a bit of studly in them that would certainly be trimmed for the show. I guess my point is that there's probably 2 season's worth of TV SHOW to get thru before they are all caught up to the BOOKS.

GET ON IT GEORGE!!!!!

PS there's yet another new trailer out there for season 4, with some new goody bits.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:02 am

Winter is coming.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:13 am

winter just fucking left, zoddammit.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Brit Pop on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:22 pm

If GRRM does get writers block... a prequel season would be very welcome in my opinion. They managed to do it with Spartacus - Gods Of The Arena.

I would personally love to see a series that begins with a young Ned & Robert under Jon Arryns wing, followed up by the kidnap of Lyanna Stark, and culminating in the Sack Of Kings Landing.

Who would get to reprise their roles in that series? To be honest... only Charles Dance i reckon... everybody else is dead / too old / too young!
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby Ribbons on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:36 pm

Martin has actually written a prequel series, so they could mine that for material:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Dunk_and_Egg
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Brit Pop on Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:55 am

Ribbons wrote:Martin has actually written a prequel series, so they could mine that for material:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Dunk_and_Egg

Prequels would be great... The Young Eddard Stark Cronicles - splendid... I was mulling over the casting... only one springs to mind initially, can you imagine? How good would that be?!?

Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby so sorry on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:43 am

Jeebus, enough with this guy already. Outside of Sean Bean, most if not all of the Game of Thrones actors were unknown/lesser known actors and almost to a man/woman, they are all excellent. I'd love to see some sort of prequel as well, but I don't need any "famous" people to get me hyped to see it.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:31 am

Don't mind so sorry.... he's just sad that the world is ending. :D
Just kidding....... kinda.

Fucking sweet poster!!! :shock:
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:46 am

Valar morghulis
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:41 am

the series premiere was just ok. felt like a lot more set-up and not a lot of stuff actually happening, at least til the end when arya and her adopted daddy got into some action. that was cool. everything else before felt like lots of talking.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:47 am

Hmmm, where to begin.

Overall I thought it was a great start to season 4. They had a lot to catch everyone up with, which I thought they handled nicely. Lots of talking for sure. But action a plenty to come...

Loved Oberyn and his paramour. Not a huge fan of how he was introduced, but I understand that showing tits and ass is a big part of the TV show, so I can live with that change.

NOT liking the new Darrio Naharis. Not the actor's fault, but they seemed to shift his character (not only from the books, but from last season's show). He was a cocky handsome outlandish egomaniac. Now he looks and acts like a "normal" rouge from Westeros.

Its going to be interesting to see how they handle Dany and Meereen on the show. It could get pretty dull in the books, and they accelerate alot of the stories on the show. I have a feeling they are going to drawl out the Mereen seige just to fill some airtime with her and the dragons, because story wise there isn't much "exciting" things to come from her right now.

Didn't like the way they threw Dontos and his gift to Sansa in there. Talk about tacking something on.

The Hound and Arya were the highlight of night.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:15 am

ok well, this show is confusing enough with all the characters they've stuffed in already. so when they replace one guy with another guy, especially a guy who looks TOTALLY COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from the guy he's replacing, it goes from confusing to befuddling. i had no idea who that guy was. now that i looked it up, yeah, i don't like that guy as much as the other guy either.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Al Shut on Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:54 am

You find the show confusing?

Try reading the books when the translator keeps changing the spelling of the names.
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby DerLanghaarige on Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:21 pm

So...yeah...it was a normal GoT episode. A string of unrelated scenes, that suddenly end without anything really happening. (Except for the Arya/Hound one.) This is the show's last chance. If S4 ends up being as shitty and annoying as S3, I will give up watching and from then on just YouTube the Khaleesi and Arya scenes, to see how their stories (the only two that I really care about) unfold.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby so sorry on Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:26 pm

DerLanghaarige wrote:So...yeah...it was a normal GoT episode. A string of unrelated scenes, that suddenly end without anything really happening. (Except for the Arya/Hound one.) This is the show's last chance. If S4 ends up being as shitty and annoying as S3, I will give up watching and from then on just YouTube the Khaleesi and Arya scenes, to see how their stories (the only two that I really care about) unfold.

:D
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Brit Pop on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:01 pm

I think they're still doing a sterling job - a slow start is required to start all the threads off. A bit too much exposition in some characters dialogue, guess the writers feel a reminder is required.

Also a big thankyou to Sky Atlantic - their 02:00 showing had no advert breaks whatsoever!! I never knew they would be so cool!

However the showing thats on right now has one every 6 minutes or so - its quite distracting.

The Dario Naharis re-cast is a bit shit. The last guy was so toothy and distinctive looking that his character was borne from his suave mug... the new guys all beard!

I hear theres yet another re-cast for The Mountain - but thats not too jarring as he's rarely seen and even rarer heard.

The Hound is still the winner for best lines - you know just by a few words when he's firmly decided its time to wet his nameless sword...

Polliver - "You dont seem to understand the situation"

Hound - "I understand if any more words come pouring out your c**t mouth... I'm gonna hve to eat every fucking chicken in this room!"

Splendid.
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:08 am

HBO orders 2 more seasons

george rr martin better get to writin'
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:04 am

TheBaxter wrote:HBO orders 2 more seasons

The worst case scenario for me would be that HBO finishes the series before GRR does. It is know that GRR has given the HBO team an outline for where all the characters arcs end (even though the last two books aren't published). So in theory, HBO could pass the books. Then I'd be WATCHING the ending of the series, waiting to READ the books. I don't like that one bit. I much prefer it the other way around. I'd rather READ how GRR wants the series to continue and end vs. WATCH HBO's interpretation.

That said, they have two more books to mine for at least one full season, if not two, already. Winds of Winter is bound to be published in the next 2 years, so that's another book/season. So that projects out PAST the next 2 HBO seasons anyway, with one more book to go.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:26 pm

so sorry wrote:

The worst case scenario for me would be that HBO finishes the series before GRR does. It is know that GRR has given the HBO team an outline for where all the characters arcs end (even though the last two books aren't published). So in theory, HBO could pass the books. Then I'd be WATCHING the ending of the series, waiting to READ the books. I don't like that one bit. I much prefer it the other way around. I'd rather READ how GRR wants the series to continue and end vs. WATCH HBO's interpretation.

That said, they have two more books to mine for at least one full season, if not two, already. Winds of Winter is bound to be published in the next 2 years, so that's another book/season. So that projects out PAST the next 2 HBO seasons anyway, with one more book to go.

If this came to pass I'd stop watching, even though it would be difficult. Spoiler avoidance alone would be a full time job. But I was further along in the series than the books when it started, then finally caught up and passed the series last season. I'm with you, watching the show AFTER reading the books is much more enjoyable (odd bc typically i'm the opposite).

I wonder if they'd ever artificially slow the show down or give it a year hiatus if necessary? Both of those options could suck. I also worry that the pressure from the show could force GRR to rush the books (though perhaps a little prodding could potentially be helpful, I love the books but there is a bit of f@t in there that could potentially be cut).

Winds of Winter is bound to be published in the next 2 years

knock on some wood somewhere, ok? :)
Lord Voldemoo

Postby so sorry on Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:04 pm

I'm sure the thrust of this 2 year extension was really to lock down the actors. We all know that actors can get bored with the same role, can become extremely popular and get better offers, etc etc. I fully expect that the show will continue beyond this two year extension. A hiatus, waiting for GRR to catch up, is probably a deadly idea for all involved. Yes they could do the Dunk and Egg story (that would eat up an entire year), but that would mean that these actors would have to go away and come back when there were screenplays written for the unwritten books. And worst of all are these fucking kids growing up! They've managed to keep Arya young looking, but Bran is twice the size he started out as.

I guess there is a possibility that the show ends without a solid conclusion...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:10 pm

so sorry wrote:

my greatest fear is that, to avoid surpassing the books, they'll start giving these books the hobbit treatment, splitting each one into 2 or 3 seasons, adding lots of extra stuff just to pad things out. i haven't read the books, but i understand that these books are much longer and denser than the hobbit. still, i think you need to edit down a bit to make it work as a show, it already feels too overstuffed and slow at times, and expanding things further could make the show insufferably dull.

if they were to catch up to the books, i'd like to see them go on hiatus until the books were finished. even if it meant skipping a season or two. the biggest problem would be with the cast, it's tough to make actors wait that long, especially with a cast as large as this, and there would inevitably be even more recasting going on. plus, maisie williams and that bran kid aren't getting any younger. if it were only for a year or two they could probably make it work. if he takes 5 years to write the last book though, then it's a problem.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:16 pm

or, maybe they can just go off in their own direction after they catch up to the books. then, in season 17 when the last book is finally published, they can start off the first episode with vice admiral joffrey of the galactic kingdom of thonn dying as his light speeder is destroyed by the infamous bounty hunter arya the eyeless, only to wake up in a cold sweat in his bed in king's landing and realizing it was all a dream, and we're right back where we left off at the end of the previous book.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:15 pm

TheBaxter wrote:or, maybe they can just go off in their own direction after they catch up to the books. then, in season 17 when the last book is finally published, they can start off the first episode with vice admiral joffrey of the galactic kingdom of thonn dying as his light speeder is destroyed by the infamous bounty hunter arya the eyeless, only to wake up in a cold sweat in his bed in king's landing and realizing it was all a dream, and we're right back where we left off at the end of the previous book.

If we still had the Zonies I'd give this post a Zonie.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby Fievel on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:09 pm

TheBaxter wrote:i haven't read the books...

TheBaxter wrote:... arya the eyeless

:shock: Wanna pick me some lottery numbers there, chief? (it's not literal, but still....)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:50 am

Fievel wrote:

:shock: Wanna pick me some lottery numbers there, chief? (it's not literal, but still....)

hahaha, i didn't even catch that. Zonie x2
Lord Voldemoo

Postby DerLanghaarige on Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:46 am

To be honest, the show is so overcrowded and stuffed already, I would LOVE if they would stretch things out, by focusing more one or two storylines per episode and give them enough time to breathe, instead of each a few minutes for 20 stories per episode!
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:15 am

Fievel wrote:

wait... so i was right about the whole "galactic kingdom of thonn" thing?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Al Shut on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:36 pm

not quite, the kingdom is in fact transdimensional
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby travis-dane on Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:42 am

DerLanghaarige wrote:To be honest, the show is so overcrowded and stuffed already, I would LOVE if they would stretch things out, by focusing more one or two storylines per episode and give them enough time to breathe, instead of each a few minutes for 20 stories per episode!

:roll:
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby so sorry on Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:19 am

Purple Wedding!!!!!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Next

Return to Coaxial