Game of Thrones Season 4 (Spoilers)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: Game of Thrones Season 4 (Spoilers)

Postby Fievel on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:09 am

Gak! :oops:

:D
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Pacino86845 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:15 am

Say whaaaaaaaaaaa? Wow, did not see that coming. Makes one understand and appreciate the show's overall approach to the story, especially with regards to the Red Wedding and how they split up book 3 into two seasons.

*Plot speculation from non-book-reader* The look on grandma's face said it all, I think… or is that obvious?
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby so sorry on Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:44 am

Pacino86845 wrote:
*Plot speculation from non-book-reader* The look on grandma's face said it all, I think… or is that obvious?

8-)
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:30 am

I'm very confused on where they are taking the Bolton storyline. The Bastard and Reek going to lay siege to Moat Caitlin? Huh? Feels like they are pushing out the entire House Greyjoy story.
Who was the chick hunting the chick with Ramsey? I was wondering if they were going to get real freaky with the (dead) girl's body...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:58 am

Pacino86845 wrote:Say whaaaaaaaaaaa? Wow, did not see that coming. Makes one understand and appreciate the show's overall approach to the story, especially with regards to the Red Wedding and how they split up book 3 into two seasons.

I was waiting for it to happen, though not in that....form. I expected something more straightforward not subterfuge. I was reading an article today where the author stated matter-of-factly that it was obvious drunk Fool Dontos who was spiriting Sansa away before Joffrey had taken his last breath was responsible for the deed

that wouldn't mean they weren't being directed by someone else, though, plus it isn't as if there isn't a personal motivation for them to see Joffery suffer and die

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:16 am

Peven wrote:
Pacino86845 wrote: that wouldn't mean they weren't being directed by someone else, though, plus it isn't as if there isn't a personal motivation for them to see Joffery suffer and die

Its like a game of Clue. Everyone is a suspect!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:14 pm

so sorry wrote:I'm very confused on where they are taking the Bolton storyline. The Bastard and Reek going to lay siege to Moat Caitlin? Huh? Feels like they are pushing out the entire House Greyjoy story.

So I did a little research to refresh my brain on the Ramsey story (the Song of Fire and Ice App kicks ass!), and they are in fact probably still on track.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Brit Pop on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:17 pm

Stephen King... fine writer... damn fine writer...

but a bit of a newbie when it comes to twitter - he only started using it a few months ago...

so this morning when I checked my timeline... was mortified to see his rection to tonights GoT - whereby he completely spolied the episode for anyone who hadnt literally just finished watching it as he did.

The twitter backlash against the old duffer is gaining momentum!
Brit Pop
AIRWOLF

Postby so sorry on Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:10 pm

Brit Pop wrote:Stephen King... fine writer... damn fine writer...

but a bit of a newbie when it comes to twitter - he only started using it a few months ago...

so this morning when I checked my timeline... was mortified to see his rection to tonights GoT - whereby he completely spolied the episode for anyone who hadnt literally just finished watching it as he did.

Learn your lesson people! If you are invested in a show that has worldwide attention like this and you DON'T watch it live, bury your head in the sand until you can get to your DVR.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Ribbons on Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:40 pm

I would never do it, but honestly, I see the appeal. Reacting to big twists over social media is this generation's equivalent of the "water cooler moment." There's collateral damage when it comes to all the people who don't watch live, but that's kind of on them too.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fievel on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:08 pm

so sorry wrote:(the Song of Fire and Ice App kicks ass!)

Love.
That.
App.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:07 pm

Ribbons wrote:I would never do it, but honestly, I see the appeal. Reacting to big twists over social media is this generation's equivalent of the "water cooler moment." There's collateral damage when it comes to all the people who don't watch live, but that's kind of on them too.

As a book reader I'm going to start dropping plot points immediately before each episode. :D Thank the gods nobody follows me on twitter.

I agree with you Ribbons...I do see the appeal too (not in advance of the episode as I joked, but immediately following). When something blows your mind, you want to talk about it immediately and social media is often the fastest way to do so. If people are spoiled because the episode is on DVR, I agree that's on them.

I don't typically do it either, but I don't think i'd hold back if I were inclined to post about it out of fear of spoiling someone else.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby RogueScribner on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:28 pm

so sorry wrote:
Brit Pop wrote:Stephen King... fine writer... damn fine writer...

Learn your lesson people! If you are invested in a show that has worldwide attention like this and you DON'T watch it live, bury your head in the sand until you can get to your DVR.

QFT

Stevie has nothing to apologize for. Social media is there PRECISELY for moments like this. If you aren't able to watch a show live you know is often talked about the next day, stay the fuck off social media until you do. It's just the world we live in.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby DerLanghaarige on Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:43 pm

Why do you think I stayed away from Twitter and certain comment sections for two days, after the finales of LOST and BREAKING BAD aired? :D

Seriously good episode, with some surprising outbursts of dark humor (Am I the only one who laughed loud ad the dead pidgeon in the pie or the constant cutting to sad and angry faces as some kind of foreshadowing?), but is it weird that I can'T remember anything that happened before the wedding?
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:38 pm

I've had like a year's hiatus from the Zone (how's it going everyone), but I'm back just to say...

SUCK IT, MOTHERFUCKER. YOU DESERVED IT EVEN WORSE THAN THAT.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Al Shut on Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:39 am

That's no way to talk about someone who has been spoiled on twitter
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby Pacino86845 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:19 am

ZING!
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:38 pm

TheBaxter wrote:or, maybe they can just go off in their own direction after they catch up to the books. then, in season 17 when the last book is finally published, they can start off the first episode with vice admiral joffrey of the galactic kingdom of thonn dying as his light speeder is destroyed by the infamous bounty hunter arya the eyeless, only to wake up buried alive in his coffin in king's landing and realizing it was all a dream, and we're right back where we left off at the end of the previous book.

UPDATED AND REVISED
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:43 am

Just.... going..... to leave...... this.... here.....

http://www.danbarham.com/dinklage/
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:59 am

great, now i'm gonna have peter dinklage stuck in my head all day.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:52 am

I guess that's better than having Peter's dinklage stuck in your head all day..... although I suppose opinions on the subject may differ. #nojudgement
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby DerLanghaarige on Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:06 pm

Am I the only one who eagerly waits for a YouTube mash up between the scene, where that one city sends her champion to the Khaleesi and the sound of the french taunter from MONTY PYTHON'S HOLY GRAIL? And am I the only one who really wishes the Khaleesi would just give up on her original plans and decide to become the ruler of that desert continent she is currently on?
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Fievel on Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:26 pm

DerLanghaarige wrote:Am I the only one who eagerly waits for a YouTube mash up between the scene, where that one city sends her champion to the Khaleesi and the sound of the french taunter from MONTY PYTHON'S HOLY GRAIL?

That would be awesome!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

DerLanghaarige wrote:And am I the only one who really wishes the Khaleesi would just give up on her original plans and decide to become the ruler of that desert continent she is currently on?

What a horrible, HORRIBLE piece of real estate!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:30 pm

Fievel wrote:
DerLanghaarige wrote:And am I the only one who really wishes the Khaleesi would just give up on her original plans and decide to become the ruler of that desert continent she is currently on?

What a horrible, HORRIBLE piece of real estate!

not when you consider the oil rights.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:04 am

Man Tywin Lannister is the shit. Charles Dance is knocking it out of the park with his portrayal. I almost don't hate him!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:53 am

so sorry wrote:Man Tywin Lannister is the shit. Charles Dance is knocking it out of the park with his portrayal. I almost don't hate him!

really?? imo, Dance is playing Tywin so well that I REALLY want to see him get skewered.....painfully skewered

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:07 pm

So anyone want to comment on the Cersei/Jamie rape scene? Pretty nasty stuff, and a bit jarring from the tone that they were taking with Jamie and his road to redemption/honor. I think they kinda screwed this situation up. Jaime is conflicted when he returns to Kings Landing in the book, and the rape/kinda rape of Cersei is his first encounter with her. He's mad with lust, she's all he's thought about for the year he's been in captivity, and when he sees her he looses all control. AFTER this encounter, as he gets back into the King's Guard swing of things, he realizes that he can never move forward while still lusting after her. He begins to rededicate his life to his position and his honor yadda yadda. Now in the show, he's already been back, he's already talked about redeeming himself (much to his father's chagrin), and then he goes and rapes her, and now he's taken a huge step back IMO.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:38 pm

i read some angry article about how that scene ruined jamie's character and was rapey-er than the book, etc.
without getting into a debate about whether it was rape or not, all i can say is, that scene is pretty much how i imagined ALL of their sexual encounters played out.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:17 pm

i can see it being a problem storywise for the character of Jamie Lannister, considering sosorry's post about the book where the progression of events makes more sense in Jamie's arc, and now his path to redemption is more shaky and convoluted and not as clear as apparently it is in the book.

as for the rapey complaints. a sign that the internet doesn't have enough real shit to talk about. first, it is a fucking tv show based on a fantasy book. second, it isn't as if the show is holding up either character at present as anything other than deeply flawed, fucked up, so why should anyone expect their actions to be anything otherwise? the people bitching about that scene aren't very bright and don't understand the concept of context or fiction

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby RogueScribner on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:04 pm

Brother and sister have sex, get caught, knock a boy out a high window to his assumed death. Meh.

Brother gets a little rough with sister, has sex next to their dead son... WTF???!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sorry, but I wasn't shocked by anything. Cersei resisted at first, then went with it, then half-heartedly resisted again. It may play out differently in the next episode, but it seemed to me she wasn't spurning Jaime so much as just not wanting to flaunt her shame next her dead son's body. Either way, I'm sure the fallout will drive a wedge between them and Jaime can continue to grow a conscience.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Ribbons on Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:28 pm

I think the only reason that this has become an issue is because of Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's charisma. Lest people forget, Jaime kicked a little boy out a window (and in the books they make it clearer that he made that choice and not Cersei). He's not exactly supposed to be a good moral compass.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby DerLanghaarige on Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:57 am

Before I watched the episode, I saw a friend of mine, who is definitely not a wuss when it comes to sex and violence in works of fiction, tweeting about how mad she was at the GoT writers, because they overdid the shock value this time and she is now done with supporting the show. So while I watched it, I kept waiting for the super offensive thing, going even so far that when the wildling got sent to the brothel, I expected someone to grab her baby for some very disgusting purposes. So you can imagine my surprise when the episode was over and she was offended by a pretty tame rape scene.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of rape scenes either, but compared to some other stuff that went down in the series, this was harmless! Was it necessary? Well, it is a show where horrible people do horrible things to each other and most of it is pretty unnecessary. It's kinda late to complain about it NOW! Are we complaining about rape scenes in general? Well, again, I'm not a fan and I know it's difficult to show stuff like that in a way, that it's either not exploitative or doesn't make it look like something harmless, but I think they did a pretty good job with showing her struggle and then cutting away before we got a boob shot or something. (It's kinda weird that the tamest sex scene in the show so far included a rape!) So people are complaining that it ruins Jamie's character arc, but I wonder "what arc"? Just because the woman who protected him earned his respect, he is suddenly a good guy? This would make him the first person in this show who actually learned ANYTHING!

To be honest, I don't get this controversy. Yeah, I know, rape is a hot button topic in today's (feminist) nerd and geek culture, but as justified as the discussion about it is, it gets a little bit weird that hyper violent cable shows can these days get away with anything, but as soon as a character just receives a rape THREAT, the internet points with the finger at the TV screen and yells: "TOO MUCH!!" Have the camera linger for a minute on a poor guy who gets eaten alive by zombies? Whatever! Show an incestuous rape in a way that doesn't glorify it? Remove that smut from TV! I wish South Park from 15 years ago would make an episode about it.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby so sorry on Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:36 am

DerLanghaarige wrote: So people are complaining that it ruins Jamie's character arc, but I wonder "what arc"? Just because the woman who protected him earned his respect, he is suddenly a good guy? This would make him the first person in this show who actually learned ANYTHING!

from earlier in the day...
so sorry wrote:So anyone want to comment on the Cersei/Jamie rape scene? Pretty nasty stuff, and a bit jarring from the tone that they were taking with Jamie and his road to redemption/honor. I think they kinda screwed this situation up. Jaime is conflicted when he returns to Kings Landing in the book, and the rape/kinda rape of Cersei is his first encounter with her. He's mad with lust, she's all he's thought about for the year he's been in captivity, and when he sees her he looses all control. AFTER this encounter, as he gets back into the King's Guard swing of things, he realizes that he can never move forward while still lusting after her. He begins to rededicate his life to his position and his honor yadda yadda. Now in the show, he's already been back, he's already talked about redeeming himself (much to his father's chagrin), and then he goes and rapes her, and now he's taken a huge step back IMO.

I don't have an issue with what happened, just the order in which it happened.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:00 am

one other thing, "redemption stories" in the real world are rarely the nice, neat, linear progressions from "i'm a bad person" to "i'm a good person who has overcome all of my demons and now i'm healed!" no, in reality, there are usually bumps along the way, relapses, moments of struggle and despair. i mean, just look at lindsay lohan.

if jaime is really going to end up as a character who has been redeemed for his prior ill deeds, having him sink into the occasional episode of depravity and then have to struggle even more to overcome them will make that journey more complex and realistic.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:30 am

TheBaxter wrote:one other thing, "redemption stories" in the real world are rarely the nice, neat, linear progressions from "i'm a bad person" to "i'm a good person who has overcome all of my demons and now i'm healed!" no, in reality, there are usually bumps along the way, relapses, moments of struggle and despair. i mean, just look at lindsay lohan.

if jaime is really going to end up as a character who has been redeemed for his prior ill deeds, having him sink into the occasional episode of depravity and then have to struggle even more to overcome them will make that journey more complex and realistic.

True. And to be clear, I don't know ultimately where he will end up. He may never be redeemed in the eyes of Westeros (who all famously know him as the Kingslayer). He's sworn many oaths that he has broken, and has sworn a few recently that he's trying desperately to uphold. He's a great character, charismatic as hell, and deeply conflicted. Another really good casting choice.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:30 am

Jaime and Cersei are, and always will be, fucked up. She was pulling him in and kissing him as she was saying no.
I don't believe a rape occurred - especially as it pertains to those two.
I was not shocked.

The most shocking scene of the whole episode for me was when Ygritte plugged the little boy's father right after their conversation about potatoes.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Peven on Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:55 am

Fievel wrote:
The most shocking scene of the whole episode for me was when Ygritte plugged the little boy's father right after their conversation about potatoes.

ginger bitch

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:25 am

Dammit that episode really threw me for a loop. WAY off the book path with Jon and Bran. WAY.OFF. I don't know if I'm pissed about it because they are ignoring the source material, or because I now don't know where the hell they are going with the story! I've been playing this over in my head this morning (I'm bored at work) and I keep going back and forth between loving and hating what's happening now.

Any time Tyrion/Tywin/Jamie have any interaction, its fucking gold 8-) . Seriously, their scenes are aces. Cersei can go suck an egg, however. gentleman.

I know that Littlefinger's been out of town for a while. Did his scheming voice get dialed up to 11, or is it just me? Feels like he's bordering on cartoonishness. I half expected him to be twirling his mustache while discussion his plot to take over the world.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:54 am

so sorry wrote:Dammit that episode really threw me for a loop. WAY off the book path with Jon and Bran. WAY.OFF. I don't know if I'm pissed about it because they are ignoring the source material, or because I now don't know where the hell they are going with the story! I've been playing this over in my head this morning (I'm bored at work) and I keep going back and forth between loving and hating what's happening now.

Yeah, I bounced back and forth on that thought last night. It reminded me of The Walking Dead when it first aired, and how it first wavered away from its source material. It's like we saw a little hiccup with Bronn training Jaime. I understood that, and have thoroughly enjoyed watching those two banter as I assumed I would. But this other thing.... holy shit.... this is a hiccup about to turn into full-fledged rewrite vomit. I mean, if there isn't a major event to change courses, this could drastically change the events of the books.

so sorry wrote:I know that Littlefinger's been out of town for a while. Did his scheming voice get dialed up to 11, or is it just me? Feels like he's bordering on cartoonishness. I half expected him to be twirling his mustache while discussion his plot to take over the world.

100% with you on this. It's laughable now. Hopefully it stays contained.

But my lasting thought.......

What The Fuck About THIS GUY?!?!?!?!?!?
Is this the REAL King Beyond The Wall?
Darth Maul's long-lost cousin?
So, so many WTF's.......
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Peven on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:57 am

so sorry wrote:
I know that Littlefinger's been out of town for a while. Did his scheming voice get dialed up to 11, or is it just me? Feels like he's bordering on cartoonishness. I half expected him to be twirling his mustache while discussion his plot to take over the world.

he WAS delivering his lines with a little more relish than usual, a little Snidely Whiplash coming through
Last edited by Peven on Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Peven on Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:10 pm

Fievel wrote:

yes, I also thought that reveal raised some real questions, such as, are the White Walkers just the pawns of the REAL threat up North? This certainly seems to be a separate species than White Walkers, one who the Walkers serve, one with real power and purpose, intelligence. it feels like seeing a tiny glimpse of a whole new part of the story that has yet to be revealed, an even greater threat than we had previously imagined.

and as for Locke being up at the Black Keep, that just makes me despise him and his white trash, hick boss even more, they are such morons, so short-sighted and busy grubbing for more power that they are busy trying to secure the Stark lands without realizing that it won't matter for shit who holds the rights to Winterfell when the North is over-run with Wildlings and White Walkers. I can only hope we get to see a Walker disembowel Locke before it is all said and done

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:49 pm

Peven wrote:
Fievel wrote:

yes, I also thought that reveal raised some real questions, such as, are the White Walkers just the pawns of the REAL threat up North? This certainly seems to be a separate species than White Walkers, one who the Walkers serve, one with real power and purpose, intelligence. it feels like seeing a tiny glimpse of a whole new part of the story that has yet to be revealed, an even greater threat than we had previously imagined.

Yeah this is a big huge monsterous (pun intended) reveal for all the book readers out there. Martin has shown zero motivation for the white walkers in the book. They are the unknown boogiemen. And now we know something about them! Alright, we don't really know something, but we get a big ass hint (they are organized, their leader can turn humans with a touch, they have a big evil lair!).

Speaking of which, I happened to read the latest Rolling Stone issue that had Kit Harrington on the cover, and a GRR Martin interview as well. Martin talked about Tolkien a few times in the article, and basically (paraphrasing) kinda pooped on LOTR because it was too black and white, too good vs evil. He referenced how all the bad guys wore black and were menacing mosnters, and how once Aragorn becomes King, Middle Earth prospers for his 100 year reign etc etc. I couldn't help agree with him to a poiint (Tolkien wasn't trying to write a gritty "real" fantasy world), but then lo and behold we see the White Walkers on the show, revealing a Icy Mordor, with an evil horned leader/Sauron.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:46 pm

Fievel wrote:But my lasting thought.......

Is this the REAL King Beyond The Wall?
Darth Maul's long-lost cousin?
So, so many WTF's.......

HBO made an oopsy in the HBO Go's informational write up

In the summary, they name this guy The Night's King. The Night's King is a Westeros legend (click on that link for the description, which isn't spoilery really, its like old Nan telling you a story). They have since revised the summary and gotten rid of this name... hmmm.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Mon May 05, 2014 12:48 pm

Hodor's neck-breaking was awesome!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Mon May 05, 2014 12:53 pm

Well I'm glad they course-corrected the Bran/Jon story by not having them meet. I still think it was stupid to force the two this close together, but whatever, its over with. Couple of awesome death's in this episode.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Mon May 05, 2014 1:54 pm

so sorry wrote:I still think it was stupid to force the two this close together

I love it. Aside from here and just talking with some friends in (gasp!) the real world, I haven't looked into how much it set the world on fire, but I have to imagine it did for those that read the books. And considering how close, how fucking close those two came to meeting.... Bran actually saw him with his own eyes this time.... only to have Bran make the proper decision to continue on the path.... man, that was exciting! Not sure it was all necessary, other than to have Locke killed and create deeper Bolton resentment towards Jon Snow/Castle Black.

Loved the bi-polar switch of Lysa Tully. I was worried that it wasn't going to happen (or at least not so soon) - she was coming across as far too loving compared to the books, in my opinion.
Last edited by Fievel on Mon May 05, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Mon May 05, 2014 2:07 pm

i figured that's what all the book-readers were complaining about, the near-miss meeting of those two. as a non-book-reader, i guess maybe it adds some character development or something for Bran, shows him passing up an opportunity to rejoin his bro in favor of fulfilling his mission or quest or whatever it is they're out there doing (still not clear on that really, something to do with a 3-eyed crow or something?)

with all these storylines so spread out, it's helpful to remind viewers sometimes that all these people actually are in the same world together. i mean, 4 seasons in and i'm still waiting for dany's storyline to finally intersect with the main narrative. and now that her invasion of westeros is going to be further delayed, it looks like we may need to wait another 4 seasons before she finally shares a scene with any character from any of the other main storylines. at least it appears she'll get a shout-out from one of them next episode. sometimes this show feels like watching 3 or 4 different shows with a compulsive channel flipper in control of the remote.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Mon May 05, 2014 3:22 pm

TheBaxter wrote:i figured that's what all the book-readers were complaining about, the near-miss meeting of those two. as a non-book-reader, i guess maybe it adds some character development or something for Bran, shows him passing up an opportunity to rejoin his bro in favor of fulfilling his mission or quest or whatever it is they're out there doing (still not clear on that really, something to do with a 3-eyed crow or something?)

The Jojen scene where he sees the giant wierwood tree behind Bran and then his hand of fire was really cool.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Mon May 05, 2014 3:23 pm

Fievel wrote:Loved the bi-polar switch of Lysa Tully. I was worried that it wasn't going to happen (or at least not so soon) - she was coming across as far too loving compared to the books, in my opinion.

Yeah she's a freaking nut job.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Mon May 12, 2014 1:09 am

Good god...... Dinklage..... so.... fucking.... awesome.

From the heart-wrenching expression on his face when he saw Shae to his ending outburst.... just give the man another Emmy now. That shit was fucking awesome.

So much awesome.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial