Better Call Saul

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Better Call Saul

Postby Fievel on Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:48 pm

Standard "I thought there was already a thread for this" crap applies.

This show is going to (initially, anyways) be complete lip service to the fans of Breaking Bad...... but I don't care. This scene had me howling when I saw it last night during The Walking Dead:

Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Re: Better Call Saul

Postby Fievel on Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:30 pm

Liking, not loving, so far.

The only thing that keeps me from fully loving after the first two episodes it is that they injected Tuco into the show so quickly. Really? Couldn't let the show stand on its own two feet out of the gate? I absolutely LOVE that Mike is already on as the parking lot attendant. Michael McKean's role bugs the shit out of me, but I realize that there people in the world like that. If it was my brother there would be punches thrown.

I just hope the show has more courtroom scenes and less Breaking Bad-ish situations.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Ribbons on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:30 pm

I'm going to see how this one pans out before I try getting into it. I didn't start watching Breaking Bad until the fourth season was over, so I figure I will honor that tradition.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:38 am

never watched breaking bad. kinda want to watch this because i'm an odenkirk fan, but i feel like i should probably watch breaking bad first or a lot of this will go over my head. so i'll probably wait to see whether the show pans out, THEN watch breaking bad, and THEN, finally, start watching this show too.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby DerLanghaarige on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:47 am

Three episodes in and so far its only flaw is that we have to wait another week for the next episode.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:35 pm

TheBaxter wrote:never watched breaking bad. kinda want to watch this because i'm an odenkirk fan, but i feel like i should probably watch breaking bad first or a lot of this will go over my head. so i'll probably wait to see whether the show pans out, THEN watch breaking bad, and THEN, finally, start watching this show too.

Just shut up and watching Breaking Bad.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Fievel on Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:39 pm

Actually watch this first, THEN watch Breaking Bad. That would make for a unique perspective!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Al Shut on Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:21 am

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Just shut up and watching Breaking Bad.

Never!!!
Note to myself: Fix this image shit!
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby DerLanghaarige on Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:20 am

Well, this was so far the first weak episode, although I still wouldn't call it bad. And something tells me that it will have a cool pay off.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Fievel on Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:33 pm

This..... show.... is amazingly awesome.
The end of this week's episode was just :shock:
Can't wait to see how the season ends next week.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:30 pm

I didn't realize until watching The Walking Dead last night that Better Call Saul returns tonight!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Maui on Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:10 am

Fievel wrote:I didn't realize until watching The Walking Dead last night that Better Call Saul returns tonight!

W00t! I will be watching this tonight. The show does have a Breaking Bad feel to it but this is good, no? I wasn't too bothered with the early appearance of Tuco - it seems he hasn't quite reached his batshit crazy levels yet. I really enjoy Mike's back story. He's such a great character. Saul's brother :twisted: I sympathize with his character but he's an ass.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Maui on Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:46 pm

I like how they start off each season with Saul working at Cinnabon. This is how pitiful his life has become - making sticky buns and taking the trash outwhich is all gloriously filmed in b/w.

Did anyone recognize the annoying broker at the bar? Walt set his car on fire in BB. :lol:

So the season opener had a bit of a slow pace - I'm sure things will get crazy soon enough.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Fievel on Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:20 pm

The "Trying-to-get-fired" montage was one of the most entertaining bits of television in a while for me.
I wish they'd turn that into the opening credits sequence.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:56 am

TheBaxter wrote:never watched breaking bad. kinda want to watch this because i'm an odenkirk fan, but i feel like i should probably watch breaking bad first or a lot of this will go over my head. so i'll probably wait to see whether the show pans out, THEN watch breaking bad, and THEN, finally, start watching this show too.

Bax, if this is still the case, and you have the time, I think you'd be better off watching Better Call Saul FIRST. It takes place before the Breaking Bad series, so it may actually work better this way.

But if you had to choose between which show to invest in, definetly BB over BCS.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Return to Coaxial