Fear the Walking Dead

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Fear the Walking Dead

Postby Fievel on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:41 pm

Now with Trailer:

Looks awesome.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Re: Fear the Walking Dead

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:16 pm

Fievel wrote:Now with Trailer:

Looks awesome.

I'm in, though I'm still a little conflicted about this, part of me doesn't really want to see the backstory. I've always enjoyed the concept of Rick waking up in the middle of this nightmare with little or no context. That said....that was like a hundred seasons ago now, so whatever. It will be interesting to see this world through the eyes of people (other than Rick) who really don't understand what's going on. I just don't really want any more explanation of the cause than we already got at the CDC (which at the end of the day wasn't much). I kinda like the mystery. Kirkman has said many times that the cause/origin of the outbreak isn't important, and I tend to agree.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Fievel on Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:50 pm

I agree with all you said.
The biggest thing I'm looking forward to is seeing the initial chaos. We're going to see a lot of people encounter zombies for the first time. Assuming the actors do their job well, that could be a fascinating aspect to watch.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:48 am

Fievel wrote:I agree with all you said.
The biggest thing I'm looking forward to is seeing the initial chaos. We're going to see a lot of people encounter zombies for the first time. Assuming the actors do their job well, that could be a fascinating aspect to watch.

But how long (episode wise) before this just turns into the "regular" Walking Dead, just with a new group of people? From what we gathered in season 1, when the outbreak happened, all went to shit FAST. They can't draw out a zombie outbreak as some mysterious illness that's slowly creeping around the country.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:01 am

True, and it will turn into regular WD eventually. But it will be WD in California!!
Well-tanned zombies in bikinis, Crips & Bloods, celebrity zombies, sand, sun, etc!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Ribbons on Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:02 pm

Fievel wrote:True, and it will turn into regular WD eventually. But it will be WD in California!!
Well-tanned zombies in bikinis, Crips & Bloods, celebrity zombies, sand, sun, etc!

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:22 pm

Ribbons wrote:
Fievel wrote:True, and it will turn into regular WD eventually. But it will be WD in California!!

Holy shit that was great!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:34 am

So two episodes in.......

I like it.

A lot of reviews and comments are complaining about the choices the characters make, the things they say/don't say, and their general reactions to everything happening. I kind of get that, but then.... I, like those complainers, have never been in a zombie apocalypse. Every complaint on characters' reactions are based on sitting at home watching zombie shows and movies. Knowing what we know, we might be able to make better choices, but even then - in the face of an apocalyptic crisis, would we really act so different? When what is only known as fiction, pulled from popular culture, becomes reality (and the norm), would it really be possible to not lose your shit?

That's my hope for the show - now that the zombie reality is becoming evident, characters need to lose it. They need to break down hard. Sure, the mom cried a little after washing her boss's blood off of her jacket, but I would expect some serious fetal position, thumb-sucking shit to be happening.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:18 pm

not very impressed so far.

the idea of Ferguson-style protests as a prelude to the apocalypse is far-fetched at best. at worst, it's idiotic, offensive and exploitative.

i've got a few predictions regarding the heroin-addict kid. i realize i'm going out on a limb here, but here goes:
1) he will try to keep his addiction hidden from whatever group of survivors they eventually end up with.
2) he'll kick the habit, only to stumble upon a stash of heroin somewhere, which he will keep secret and hidden, struggling not to give in to temptation
3) eventually something will happen to push him over the edge and start using again
4) he will be high on heroin at some crucial point, which will result in somebody's death, and a big confrontation/fight with some other group member
5) he'll quit again and go cold turkey, and someone will come across him in the midst of withdrawal and mistake him for somebody turning into a zombie and almost kill him before someone else steps in to save him
6) he'll find out the boat is not penny's boat, and in a final act of heroic sacrifice, he will write that info on his hand and show it to another survivor right before he drowns

i'm pretty sure at some point or another every single one of those things will happen (i'm still a little iffy on #6). why am i so sure? easy: because I HAVE WATCHED TELEVISION BEFORE.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:47 am

TheBaxter wrote:not very impressed so far.

the idea of Ferguson-style protests as a prelude to the apocalypse is far-fetched at best. at worst, it's idiotic, offensive and exploitative.

i've got a few predictions regarding the heroin-addict kid. i realize i'm going out on a limb here, but here goes:
1) he will try to keep his addiction hidden from whatever group of survivors they eventually end up with.
2) he'll kick the habit, only to stumble upon a stash of heroin somewhere, which he will keep secret and hidden, struggling not to give in to temptation
3) eventually something will happen to push him over the edge and start using again
4) he will be high on heroin at some crucial point, which will result in somebody's death, and a big confrontation/fight with some other group member
5) he'll quit again and go cold turkey, and someone will come across him in the midst of withdrawal and mistake him for somebody turning into a zombie and almost kill him before someone else steps in to save him
6) he'll find out the boat is not penny's boat, and in a final act of heroic sacrifice, he will write that info on his hand and show it to another survivor right before he drowns

i'm pretty sure at some point or another every single one of those things will happen (i'm still a little iffy on #6). why am i so sure? easy: because I HAVE WATCHED TELEVISION BEFORE.

So basically the Bob alcoholic story line from The Walking Dead the past two seasons. Check.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby tfactor on Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:20 pm

TheBaxter wrote:not very impressed so far.

Oddly #6 was t he only one of your predictions to come true. This show is terrible

... Drive shaft, you know Drive Shaft ... *sings* "you are everybody"

:)
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby TheBaxter on Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:34 pm

well #5 sorta came true... the national guard took him away because he seemed sick and they suspected he could be infected.
as for the rest.... there will be plenty more seasons to go.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:24 pm

well, if anything, i think this show validates the decision by the original series to not show or explain the how and why of the zombie apocalypse, and just join it in progress. because to the extent this show dealt with it, it was really disappointing and nonsensical. some zombies show up, a couple riots, and before you know it all of L.A. is empty and blacked out, except for one tiny suburb under National Guard command. they didn't show or explain at all how things got from point A to B, which is fine when you just have a guy waking up in a hospital after the shit has already gone down, but when you're making a show that actually takes place during the time period when everything is collapsing, with no explanation of why or how things are collapsing, then what's the point? and then to make it worse, nobody really seems as shocked or frightened or even interested in what's going on as they should be. i mean, suddenly dead people are coming back to life and killing and eating us, and nobody reacts like that's as incredible as it really would be. it's hardly even brought up, and nobody ever stops to discuss the meaning or ramifications of such a remarkable event. i feel like this show ultimately failed in almost every important way.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby tfactor on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:54 pm

TheBaxter wrote:well, if anything, i think this show validates the decision by the original series to not show or explain the how and why of the zombie apocalypse, and just join it in progress. because to the extent this show dealt with it, it was really disappointing and nonsensical. some zombies show up, a couple riots, and before you know it all of L.A. is empty and blacked out, except for one tiny suburb under National Guard command. they didn't show or explain at all how things got from point A to B, which is fine when you just have a guy waking up in a hospital after the shit has already gone down, but when you're making a show that actually takes place during the time period when everything is collapsing, with no explanation of why or how things are collapsing, then what's the point? and then to make it worse, nobody really seems as shocked or frightened or even interested in what's going on as they should be. i mean, suddenly dead people are coming back to life and killing and eating us, and nobody reacts like that's as incredible as it really would be. it's hardly even brought up, and nobody ever stops to discuss the meaning or ramifications of such a remarkable event. i feel like this show ultimately failed in almost every important way.

Agreed! Plus they missed what I consider to be he biggest opportunity; showing characters from TWD and what they were doing prior to the anarchy. This show was supposed to be about the initial outbreak but then, like you said - they fast forward through the couple weeks which we all wanted to see to begin with.

How cool would it have been to see Murl taking advantage of the chaos? Or Shane giving the failing police force the what for, or Christ what about Dale just getting ready for the road, that would have been awesome! No instead we get grandpa cuts em up and the worlds most dis functional family of retards. Not to mention the show makes no effort to create characters that anyone should give a shit about. The only thing I don't agree with what you said is that this show will be around for a long time. This shit show's days are numbered. Even as a fill in show - it sucks and I'm personally already out.

Seriously why wouldn't they flash back to characters we already care about? Seems like the worst missed opportunity ever, plus you know those actors would have been happy to revisit those roles. Especially the dead ones.
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:12 pm

well, considering how poorly written the show was, it's probably for the best they didn't deal with any characters from TWD. they woulda just ruined those characters too.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:13 am

Just wanted to say that following episode after episode of shit, FTWD finally...FINALLY put out a quality episode.
And damn, it was good. Thank you Ruben Blades.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Return to Coaxial