Westworld on HBO

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: Westworld on HBO

Postby Peven on Fri May 31, 2019 8:39 am

Ribbons wrote:
Peven wrote:finished up season 2 of Westworld tonight and it was fantastic. everything science fiction was meant to be and then some, and the performances are superb.

Perfect timing, since HBO just released a teaser for season 3:

I like that they're expanding the scope of the show to deal with the outside world, but don't know quite what to make of it yet.

that teaser LOOKS gorgeous. the futuristic conceptual design is very clean and bright, though digital glow dominates over natural light, visually it is a huge change of backdrop for the story to unfold. they have left many doors open to push the story forward thanks to the digital nature of the "reality" where the things takes place. was that trailer an introduction to Delores's human version of Teddy? if the show is going to stay true to the existential reality it has presented so far then this transition into the human world will provide a laboratory of sorts :wink: to show us that humans really are as simple in their code, their drives, in their home environment as the events in season 2 revealed to us. I would love to be a fly on the wall of the writers' room for this show to watch and listen to the intellects and imaginations of those involved in creating it and see how they collaborate to create all the plotlines within the story that serve both a complex overarching philosophical/existential theme as well as being engaging story that relies on an emotional base, a "human" story to give the viewer an a path into that world.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Fri May 31, 2019 10:10 pm

Based on the Pink Floyd song, my bold prediction is that Westworld is actually on the moon. Is that a bit too on the nose?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Peven on Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:49 pm

Ribbons wrote:Based on the Pink Floyd song, my bold prediction is that Westworld is actually on the moon. Is that a bit too on the nose?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

holy shit, would not that be just the kind of mind fuck twist that Westworld would pull. :wink:

btw, Pink Floyd happens to be my favorite group EVAR, so that might add to how much I like that trailer :-P :D

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:50 pm

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Previous

Return to Coaxial