Game of Thrones Season 6

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Game of Thrones Season 6

Postby so sorry on Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:02 am

Might as well start the new thread now with some S6 casting news:

http://watchersonthewall.com/sources-report-euron-cast-major-scene-filmed-today-in-ballintoy-harbour/

So Euron Greyjoy is cast and present for S6, but no Victarion. First off, this guy is WAY young for the part, but I can live with that (and he has an uncanny resemblance to Aflie Allen/Theon).

My guess is that they are merging the storylines of Euron and Victarion into one to streamline. Balon Greyjoy will die under mysterious circumstances, Euron will show up, they'll have a Kingsmoot, he reveals the magic dragon trumpet, he's elected King, then sails off for Stormborn. And Yara will look pissed and do nothing (again).
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: Game of Thrones Season 6

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:26 pm

anything they want to cut from the Iron Islands plot line is fine by me.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Ribbons on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:39 pm

Boosh
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:53 am

The most not-shocking news has been reported a few days ago, Kit Harrington aka "I'm not dead yet" Jon Snow has admitted that he's still going to be on the show for a while, so in essence, Jon Snow isn't dead!
But we all knew this anyway... so nothing to see here!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:22 pm

He's dead.
But what is dead may never die.
Winter is coming.
You know nothing.
A Lannister always pays his debts.
Seven hells.
Hodor.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Ribbons on Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:46 pm

Fievel wrote:Hodor.

So true.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:32 pm

Valar Morghulis.
Valar Don't-cut-your-hair-is, Jon Snow.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:55 pm

I'll just leave this official HBO twitter drop right here:

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:05 pm

I finally started watching this show, despite nitwits like you lot banging on about it all the bloody time and putting me off it.

I really dug the show. You guys are let off. Sped through it in about 2-3 weeks. Such a rush.

The Witch will bring Jon Snow back. Maybe Greyjoy's penis may grow back too.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Fievel on Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:25 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Maybe Greyjoy's penis may grow back too.

...and then he'd die!

Ramsay Snow/Bolton wrote:If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:37 pm

so sorry wrote:I'll just leave this official HBO twitter drop right here:

they're not even pretending anymore.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:38 pm

Turns out they all stabbed another Black Brother in the back, who fell on top of Jon, who rolled under a dumpster and hid.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:46 pm

Too soon!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Ribbons on Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:13 pm

Trailer for season 6, which I am totally probably maybe not watching. Not much to go on here, but they're rubbing the fact that we no longer know what happens in our faces.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Ribbons on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:14 am

Game of Thrones Show-Runners Get Extremely Candid About Their Original “Piece of Sh—t” Pilot

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/02/game-of-thrones-original-pilot-bad
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:30 am

Ribbons wrote:Game of Thrones Show-Runners Get Extremely Candid About Their Original “Piece of Sh—t” Pilot

One of the more interesting things to come out of the reshooting was the recasting of Catlyn Stark. The original actress from the pilot had a baby and declined to come back. I like the actress they got to replace her, but I always thought she looked a bit to old for the part.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:26 pm

so sorry wrote:
Ribbons wrote:Game of Thrones Show-Runners Get Extremely Candid About Their Original “Piece of Sh—t” Pilot

One of the more interesting things to come out of the reshooting was the recasting of Catlyn Stark. The original actress from the pilot had a baby and declined to come back. I like the actress they got to replace her, but I always thought she looked a bit to old for the part.

Er, well you know nothing, John so.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby so sorry on Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:59 pm

Season 6 photos released

There's at least one "Holy Shit!" photo in there...Mellisendre lookin' fine....fucking Yara/Tasha is back (boo)...and everyone looks freaking miserable!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:01 am

so sorry wrote:Season 6 photos released

There's at least one "Holy Shit!" photo in there...Mellisendre lookin' fine....fucking Yara/Tasha is back (boo)...and everyone looks freaking miserable!

the one spoilery pic (the one which shows that Arya is a warg), i can't remember whether that part already happened in the tv show yet or not... i remember it from the book. i just don't remember if they got that far in the tv show too. i get confused between what's happened in book vs tv show sometimes.

melisandre looks weird in her picture. kinda pouty, like she's being forced to answer questions after losing the superbowl or something.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Al Shut on Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:00 am

TheBaxter wrote:the one spoilery pic (the one which shows that Arya is a warg), i can't remember whether that part already happened in the tv show yet or not... i remember it from the book. i just don't remember if they got that far in the tv show too. i get confused between what's happened in book vs tv show sometimes.

I know next to nothing about the progress of the show vs the books but I think it's just the part where she is blind. Seems to be begging in the streets.
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby so sorry on Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:40 am

Al Shut wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:the one spoilery pic (the one which shows that Arya is a warg), i can't remember whether that part already happened in the tv show yet or not... i remember it from the book. i just don't remember if they got that far in the tv show too. i get confused between what's happened in book vs tv show sometimes.

I know next to nothing about the progress of the show vs the books but I think it's just the part where she is blind. Seems to be begging in the streets.

Yeah what Al said, she's not warging, she's just been temporarily blinded.

Love the picture of Bran and his new mentor,just taking a stroll thru history apparently!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:21 am

Ahem.......cough cough......... that Arya is blind is known - it happened at the end of last season. That her blindness is temporary is still a spoiler for non-book readers.

:lol: :lol:
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:26 am

Fievel wrote:Ahem.......cough cough......... that Arya is blind is known - it happened at the end of last season. That her blindness is temporary is still a spoiler for non-book readers.

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:27 am

Fievel wrote:Ahem.......cough cough......... that Arya is blind is known - it happened at the end of last season. That her blindness is temporary is still a spoiler for non-book readers.

yeah, it was a joke. i couldn't remember if she had become blind yet in the show or not, or if i was just remembering that part from the books. i know she's blind in the pic. or..... is she? after all, blind eyes and warging eyes look identical in this show. and in the book, she definitely shows signs of warging even if she doesn't realize it. now that we're getting into post-book territory on this show, she could start discovering her warg powers at any time.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Maui on Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:35 am

Indeed. I really enjoy her storyline. She is so fearless and ballsy. Bran now looks like he's 25. :shock: Looks like Jaime doesn't like Cersei's new haircut.

I think a marathon of the last season is in order. I forget so much.
Maui
WoWie

Postby so sorry on Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:35 pm

so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:58 pm

i saw that, it was pretty funny, but i liked the Jon Snow dinner party one better.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:39 pm

NSFW

Hot mother-fucking dammit get here already!!!!!! So much to digest in that trailer...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:00 pm

"Wicked Game", Hah! i see what you did there, you cheeky bastards.

lots of cool and interesting stuff there, but my big takeaway?
holy crap, Sansa is looking hot!
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:06 pm

TheBaxter wrote:"Wicked Game", Hah! i see what you did there, you cheeky bastards.

lots of cool and interesting stuff there, but my big takeaway?
holy crap, Sansa is looking hot!

Well as long as we're talking about the important parts of the trailer, looks like Mellisendre's fine hot body will make another appearance.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:11 pm

As if the trailer didn't already kick ass.....Davos drops the proverbial mic at the end with a fantastic line.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:27 pm

http://io9.gizmodo.com/all-the-secrets-hidden-in-game-of-thrones-brand-new-tra-1763642181

breakdown of the trailer. Listen, if you've already gone thru with watching the trailer, then you're past the point of no return. Go take ten minutes and scroll thru this link to see the finer details that you may have missed.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:57 pm

Awesome breakdown!
I missed that rider on the horse!!!
Also missed the flashback.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:08 am

So Ian McShane dropped a spoiler about a character's appearance. It was highly theorized and assumed, but not 100% confirmed in the books.

What he says in defense of spoiling:

The internet went nuts when McShane—who has a "relatively small amount" of screen time on Game of Thrones, but is of "key importance"—hinted at his role in November, and again in early March. "You say the slightest thing and the Internet goes ape," McShane told the Telegraph. "I was accused of giving the plot away, but I just think get a f**king life. It’s only tits and dragons."

The internet (Facebook and comment posts) is blowing up with a high majority of people ripping McShane to shreds for this. Me? I think the initial act is no big deal and McShane's comments are hilarious (and on point!).
Fuck the haters. I'm voting McShane in 2016.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:34 am

Fievel wrote:So Ian McShane dropped a spoiler about a character's appearance. It was highly theorized and assumed, but not 100% confirmed in the books.

What he says in defense of spoiling:

The internet went nuts when McShane—who has a "relatively small amount" of screen time on Game of Thrones, but is of "key importance"—hinted at his role in November, and again in early March. "You say the slightest thing and the Internet goes ape," McShane told the Telegraph. "I was accused of giving the plot away, but I just think get a f**king life. It’s only tits and dragons."

The internet (Facebook and comment posts) is blowing up with a high majority of people ripping McShane to shreds for this. Me? I think the initial act is no big deal and McShane's comments are hilarious (and on point!).
Fuck the haters. I'm voting McShane in 2016.

"Tits and Dragons" really should be this show's real name.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:42 am

Truth in advertising!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:52 am

I read the McShane slip, and I've already forgotten about what specifically he said. I think the trailer just totally blew me away and made me forget about all the pre-hype leading up to this season.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:52 pm

HOLY FUCK I'M EXCITED!!!!!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:43 pm

first they killed ned stark. then they killed renly baratheon, and robb stark, and caitlyn stark, and king joffrey, oberyn martell, the hound, tywin lannister, mance rayder, and jon snow. but none of those deaths were so cruel as tonight's. tonight, they killed my boner.

R.I.P. my boner.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:02 am

TheBaxter wrote:first they killed ned stark. then they killed renly baratheon, and robb stark, and caitlyn stark, and king joffrey, oberyn martell, the hound, tywin lannister, mance rayder, and jon snow. but none of those deaths were so cruel as tonight's. tonight, they killed my boner.

R.I.P. my boner.

When she started walking to the mirror, I turned to my friend and said "here comes the boobies!". 2 minutes later...ultimate buzzkill.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:57 am

so sorry wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:first they killed ned stark. then they killed renly baratheon, and robb stark, and caitlyn stark, and king joffrey, oberyn martell, the hound, tywin lannister, mance rayder, and jon snow. but none of those deaths were so cruel as tonight's. tonight, they killed my boner.

R.I.P. my boner.

When she started walking to the mirror, I turned to my friend and said "here comes the boobies!". 2 minutes later...ultimate buzzkill.

most disturbing switcheroo since that scene from the shining.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:28 pm

I really dislike how they are handling the Dorne story on multiple levels. Ellaria Sand's move all along was to assassinate Doran and take over Dorne, then why did she let Mrycella Jaime and Trystane leave Dorne in the first place? She would have had TWO Lannister prisoners at that point. Shit, kill one, send the bones to Cersei and you still have another Lannister hostage! And killing Trystane was no different than the Mountain killing Elia's children, which is what all of Dorne is so mad about to begin with. That's KINslaying, which is a common no-no/top of the list sin in Westeros. Fucking women. And don't get me started on the forced-on-us-as-badass Sand Snakes…so far they look and act like a Sy-Fi Original Movie production. This whole thing bothers me to no end, and I hope they really have no bearing on the outcome of the series other than being a thorn in the Lannister's side (which would at least bring them back to how they are in the books).

Castle Black
Pretty good handling of how Thorne could try and rationalize the murder of his boss. Still not buying the fact that his little speech turned the rest of the Watch in his favor. Someone please smack that smirk off of Ollie's face. Little Struggling Background Artist.

I'm liking Davos' Last Stand, and his mutton comment was funny. Mellisendre… oh dear Lord…this was the Big Scene of the show! Book wise, she showed the ability to change someone's appearance (with an amulet or bracelet i think?). It was termed a "glamour". So is that what's going on here? Is her hot ass body an illusion only, or does the amulet actually change her body, not just cover it up? Not sure we'll actually get an answer to this, unless of course she pops that amulet on Jon Snow… I read an interesting theory that she will take the guise of Snow and lead the Northerners against Ramsey, but if its all just an illusion then you get into looking at how a hundred(s?) year old woman can fight and ride a horse into battle etc. Sacrificing herself after all these decades to raise Jon Snow may be her final move.

Finally Brianne gets to be the Hero, and begin to fullfill a promise. She needs to be a loyal follower, she may have finally found someone to follow in Sansa. The whole fight scene was a little wonky for my tastes..one knight and an apprentice vs. at least 5 seasoned warriors? I know she's an amazing talented fighter etc, but the odds where really not in her favor. I guess that was the point. And where the hell did the "vicious" Ramsey hounds from hell go? They've been trained since pups to be nasty and killers…

Meanwhile, back in Mereen, there's civil unrest at its most high, and Tyrion just strolls down the mean streets with no protection, discussing the fact that everyone wants to kill everyone? Maybe I'm supposed to believe that no one knows who he is and therefore they just see a dwarf and an eunuch taking an afternoon stroll so no big deal right? These insurgents by the way are an incredibly resourceful lot: they stage an amazing coup attempt at the fighting pits, slaying many including the King, but are ultimately beaten back (or did they just all decide to stop fighting when Dany flew off?). After such a brazen attack, then can still pull off such a large scale destruction of the entire Mereenese fleet without getting caught?

Speaking of the Queen of Dragons, I thought that was a pretty good scene with her and the Khal. My only beef was this: you'd think the legendary Khal Drogo's wife would be known enough to be recognized by all other Khals, especially one that looks so foreign. She's literally the opposite of Dothraki women in looks! But I can let this goof slide since I liked the Monty Python esque joke about what is better than looking at a woman's naked body for the first time.

Overall I'm left a little underwhelmed, but I know its the first of the season, definitely a set-up episode. I hope they can course correct the Dornish story, especially considering they have to add in a new plotline with the Krakens.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:13 pm

The Dothraki joke a about naked women...
Davos and the mutton...
Tyrion regarding Varys... "It's a good thing you're not a boy anymore...(Pause)......because you have no cock."

The humor was abundant in this episode.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Sun May 01, 2016 10:03 pm

called it (along with the rest of the world)
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Sun May 01, 2016 10:35 pm

And judging by the preview of next week's episode....

Looks like we'll see the L+R=J theory verified.

Hodor spoke!!!!

WHATCHEWTALKIN'ABOUT, WILLIS!!?!?!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Mon May 02, 2016 12:20 pm

Fievel wrote:And judging by the preview of next week's episode....

Looks like we'll see the L+R=J theory verified.

Hodor spoke!!!!

WHATCHEWTALKIN'ABOUT, WILLIS!!?!?!

after tyrion's scene, i'm thinking we might also see A+J=T confirmed too. i was worried we might see actually see a version of quentyn martell's scene from the books there. it would have been easier to buy that scene if Tyrion hadn't already seen Drogon in action in the arena, so that possibly he didn't know what he was getting into. but it was an awesome scene nonetheless.

can't wait for the spinoff series, The New Adventures of Young Hodor.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Mon May 02, 2016 1:02 pm

Wow, tons of stuff to digest.

Jon Snow: it was my belief/hope that Jon had warged into Ghost's body while he was undergoing the stabby-stabby. I expected some direwolf action before the resurrection (like Ghost staring at Jon's body then howling or something and then *bam* Jon's back!). Instead, Ghost has been acting like a typical loyal dog, taking a nap at the feet of his master. At least he had the courtesy to lift his head off the ground when he sensed Jon was waking up from his nap.

Davos/Mellisendre: this one is a head scratcher for me. Unless I'm forgetting something, Davos has HATED her the entire series. At one point i believe he intends to kill her (in the book his hatred for her is prevalent). Didn't Stannis send Davos away last season just to get the two of them apart? All of a sudden he's asking her for help, and not just a small favor, but TO RESURRECT A DEAD BODY. All the magic that he's seen her do, and all of it malevolent, but now he thinks she can help out? Out of place IMO. But nothing upsetting, just seems odd to me.

Tyrion: so we find out that dragons are pretty damned smart huh? What was Tywin's last words to Tyrion before he was killed? You're no son of mine....hmmm.

Boltons: I may have said this last season, but Ramsey is really a rediculous character. He's over the top evil. And I just don't think the actor playing him is helping. He's not imposing physically, or mentally. Men in this world gain power by strength, intelligence, or birth. He has none of those qualitites. Why would anyone follow him unless Roose told them to? Now that dear old dad is gone, why would the Bolton army fight for a bastard, and not just any bastard, but a well known total dickhead? And what the fuck Karstark? We all know you don't like Stark's anymore, but to get behind this douchebag? Clearly he was in on the plan to kill Roose, which makes him a significant traitor (to the realm, to the starks, to the NORTH). Big time target on his back now. They also mentioned the Umbars and Manderly's, seemingly that they were on the Bolton's side. But that can't be right, certainly not anymore.

Arya: meh, at least she didn't regain her sight right there on the spot. letting her beg for money for a few days is certainly not punishment enough. She's way more interesting in the books because as she learns all these new sKILLs, she is still Arya Stark, she is not "no one". Despite her saying it over and over again, she maintains her Arya Hit List.

Bran: so this will be the source of so much pleasure this season. Being able to pop about history is too cool. Seeing his young father, uncle, and aunt, as well as Wylis(!) Nan, Rodrick was incredible. Can't wait for the next vision...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Mon May 02, 2016 1:18 pm

so sorry wrote:Boltons: I may have said this last season, but Ramsey is really a rediculous character. He's over the top evil. And I just don't think the actor playing him is helping. He's not imposing physically, or mentally. Men in this world gain power by strength, intelligence, or birth. He has none of those qualitites. Why would anyone follow him unless Roose told them to? Now that dear old dad is gone, why would the Bolton army fight for a bastard, and not just any bastard, but a well known total dickhead? And what the fuck Karstark? We all know you don't like Stark's anymore, but to get behind this douchebag? Clearly he was in on the plan to kill Roose, which makes him a significant traitor (to the realm, to the starks, to the NORTH). Big time target on his back now. They also mentioned the Umbars and Manderly's, seemingly that they were on the Bolton's side. But that can't be right, certainly not anymore.

well, it's entirely possible the Karstarks only pretended to side with Ramsay to get Roose Bolton out of the way, so then they'd have an easier time getting the Boltons as a whole out of the way, paving the way for another Stark (where is Rickon hanging out these days, anyway?) or just to take over themselves. backstabbing and treachery is a way of life in Westeros, and it wouldn't be too hard for them to see that Ramsay Bolton would be easier to defeat than his smarter, tougher, saner father. i can't remember all the political intrigue that was going on among the Umbers and Manderlys and various other Northern clans from the books, but there were lots of fake alliances, ulterior motives, secret plans and power jockeying going on, leading to some odd bedfellows who don't entirely trust each other and/or plan to actually fight for each other.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Mon May 02, 2016 2:41 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
so sorry wrote:Boltons: I may have said this last season, but Ramsey is really a rediculous character. He's over the top evil. And I just don't think the actor playing him is helping. He's not imposing physically, or mentally. Men in this world gain power by strength, intelligence, or birth. He has none of those qualitites. Why would anyone follow him unless Roose told them to? Now that dear old dad is gone, why would the Bolton army fight for a bastard, and not just any bastard, but a well known total dickhead? And what the fuck Karstark? We all know you don't like Stark's anymore, but to get behind this douchebag? Clearly he was in on the plan to kill Roose, which makes him a significant traitor (to the realm, to the starks, to the NORTH). Big time target on his back now. They also mentioned the Umbars and Manderly's, seemingly that they were on the Bolton's side. But that can't be right, certainly not anymore.

well, it's entirely possible the Karstarks only pretended to side with Ramsay to get Roose Bolton out of the way, so then they'd have an easier time getting the Boltons as a whole out of the way, paving the way for another Stark (where is Rickon hanging out these days, anyway?) or just to take over themselves. backstabbing and treachery is a way of life in Westeros, and it wouldn't be too hard for them to see that Ramsay Bolton would be easier to defeat than his smarter, tougher, saner father. i can't remember all the political intrigue that was going on among the Umbers and Manderlys and various other Northern clans from the books, but there were lots of fake alliances, ulterior motives, secret plans and power jockeying going on, leading to some odd bedfellows who don't entirely trust each other and/or plan to actually fight for each other.

I hadn't thought of the Karstarks-for-Rickon idea...but I think they (karstarks) are really out for Stark revenge in the end. And that mean's their heads are on the block if a true Stark regains power of the North. Book wise the Umbers and Manderly's side with Bolton and the Freys, but only as a ruse (the famous Maderly Frey pie!) until they can regain power under a true Stark. If memory serves me correctly, the Head Manderly sends Davos on a quest to find Rickon (he even faked Davos' death to further the lie that he is against Stannis and is for the Bolton/Freys).
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Mon May 02, 2016 3:34 pm

so sorry wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:

I hadn't thought of the Karstarks-for-Rickon idea...but I think they (karstarks) are really out for Stark revenge in the end. And that mean's their heads are on the block if a true Stark regains power of the North. Book wise the Umbers and Manderly's side with Bolton and the Freys, but only as a ruse (the famous Maderly Frey pie!) until they can regain power under a true Stark. If memory serves me correctly, the Head Manderly sends Davos on a quest to find Rickon (he even faked Davos' death to further the lie that he is against Stannis and is for the Bolton/Freys).

that sounds about right, i can't keep all these northern families straight (they all look alike!). i knew one sent davos out after rickon, but obviously that plot line for davos has been abandoned in the tv show. and another one had ambitions of its own to take over, i think that was the manderlys? it would be easy to see the karstarks basically out to take over the north for themselves, by getting rid of the boltons and already thinking the starks were pretty much out of the way. don't they have stark blood (hence, karSTARK; as in, stark is to karstark, as baggins is to sackville-baggins) and so if the starks were all gone, they'd have an argument for their claim to produce the next King in the North.

btw, i like that Sansa is now finally aware of ALL the remaining surviving Starks. with her heading up to castle black, where the newly resurrected, no-longer-commander-of-the-nights-watch jon snow resides (how does the oath go? "Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death"... so i guess "now his watch is ended"), will they team up to get the gang back together and restore the Stark kingdom?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Next

Return to Coaxial