Game of Thrones Season 6

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: Game of Thrones Season 6

Postby so sorry on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:02 am

Ribbons wrote:'Walking Dead' creator Robert Kirkman thinks George R.R. Martin "Blew It" by spoiling his own books:

http://www.goliath.com/tv/walking-dead-creator-thinks-game-of-thrones-author-blew-it-by-spoiling-his-own-books/

I wholeheartedly agree and disagree at the same time. How could Martin prevent this from happening? He has his own pace for writing and releasing his books, and as painful as it is, that's totally his business to do it that way. So what's the solution? Film the last three seasons, but don't show them for the next 5 years until the books are out? Certainly can't stop production and wait...no win situation.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:39 am

so sorry wrote:
Ribbons wrote:'Walking Dead' creator Robert Kirkman thinks George R.R. Martin "Blew It" by spoiling his own books:

http://www.goliath.com/tv/walking-dead-creator-thinks-game-of-thrones-author-blew-it-by-spoiling-his-own-books/

I wholeheartedly agree and disagree at the same time. How could Martin prevent this from happening? He has his own pace for writing and releasing his books, and as painful as it is, that's totally his business to do it that way. So what's the solution? Film the last three seasons, but don't show them for the next 5 years until the books are out? Certainly can't stop production and wait...no win situation.

yeah, i agree (and disagree). there's a big difference between writing 1000+ page novels vs comic books. and frankly, ASOIAF is operating on a different level than TWD, it's far deeper and more complex in it's plots and themes. sure he can crank out comics to stay ahead of the show, but you can't crank out novels that way. and if you did, you'd get half-assed versions of the books that don't live up to the previous books. as frustrated as i am with GRRM's writing progress, even if WOW came out before this season started, there's no way the final book would be out before the series ended. the only way to have prevented this would have been to wait until the books were completed BEFORE starting the tv series. and when HBO comes around throwing around the big bucks, it's awful hard to say "just wait another 10 years or so til i'm done writing the books."
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Ribbons on Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:34 am

The other controversial statement he made is that Martin should have withheld information about the upcoming books from the show's writers, basically telling them to fuck off and come up with their own ending.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:01 pm

Ribbons wrote:The other controversial statement he made is that Martin should have withheld information about the upcoming books from the show's writers, basically telling them to fuck off and come up with their own ending.

i mean, he already told them R+L=J before the show even began, it was part of the test they had to pass before he would sign the rights over to them. is he supposed to go back now and be like, "hey, just kidding!" he probably told them a lot of other things in the early going so they could set things up properly. maybe he was overly optimistic about how quickly he'd finish the books. or maybe he just didn't care, and as an exec producer, he's making so much money off the tv show that he isn't too bothered if a few things get spoiled before he writes the book version.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:33 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
Ribbons wrote:The other controversial statement he made is that Martin should have withheld information about the upcoming books from the show's writers, basically telling them to fuck off and come up with their own ending.

i mean, he already told them R+L=J before the show even began, it was part of the test they had to pass before he would sign the rights over to them. is he supposed to go back now and be like, "hey, just kidding!" he probably told them a lot of other things in the early going so they could set things up properly. maybe he was overly optimistic about how quickly he'd finish the books. or maybe he just didn't care, and as an exec producer, he's making so much money off the tv show that he isn't too bothered if a few things get spoiled before he writes the book version.

I wouldn't be surprised if he thought the show wouldn't go this fast. Or maybe even last this long before being cancelled. Maybe after season 1 when the popularity shot thru the roof he was all like "ohhhh shit..."
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:49 am

I hate to be "that guy", but I totally called the Hound carrying a log all by himself 2 seconds after the first four-man log walked by. Too fucking easy an introduction.
And now I think its clear that the Hound vs. Mountain fight for The Church vs. Cersei isn't going to happen. Sandor showed no conversion to faith that I could see...maybe he was leaning that way with what the Septon was preaching to him, but once the shit hit the fan, old killin' Sandor was back in full action. What his calling is now? Not sure. I'm not happy at all that they portrayed the Brotherhood without Banners as killers like that. That is NOT what they were about, quite the opposite. Yes, they "borrowed" food/gold/goods from people, but always with the promise to repay, and under the distinction that they were protecting the small folk. Not happy about this at all...

So then, where does that leave the Heavyweight fight? Seems obviously that the Mountain's opponent will be a newly restored Loras. When last we saw him, he was truly broken by the High Septon, and Margery gave him a pep talk about staying strong and basically telling them what they want to hear (which is her so fucking obvious now confirmed plot). So if Loras were to do the same, and has been secretly training again for this fight, then who better (other than the Hound) to take on the biggest knight in Westeros then one of the most skilled knights in Westeros?

Arya Arya Arya... of all the people in the world who should know never to turn your back on anyone its you girl. All she had to do was hide in a corner, with Needle facing outwards, for what, 12 hours? No, she needs to stroll down memory lane before she departs. I guess its better that this confrontation happen now vs. next season (if she got out of Braavos unharmed the spectre of assassination would hang over her forever). But how are they going to explain how she survived a significant slashing/stabbing beatdown? You know damn well she's not going to die, certainly not now anyway. My guess is she crawls back to the House of Black and White and somehow kills the Waif their, and is healed by Jaquen. Whatever the way out of this will be, I'm not going to be happy about it.

The Jon/Davos/Sansa Recruitment Tour was OK, showing one victory and one defeat. That's enough to get the point across, get on to the battle now! I thought for sure Jon was going to use Jeor Mormont's Valaryian steel blade as proof to his support from the Mormonts. It is their ancestral artifact after all...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:12 am

so sorry wrote:I hate to be "that guy", but I totally called the Hound carrying a log all by himself 2 seconds after the first four-man log walked by. Too fucking easy an introduction.
And now I think its clear that the Hound vs. Mountain fight for The Church vs. Cersei isn't going to happen. Sandor showed no conversion to faith that I could see...maybe he was leaning that way with what the Septon was preaching to him, but once the shit hit the fan, old killin' Sandor was back in full action. What his calling is now? Not sure. I'm not happy at all that they portrayed the Brotherhood without Banners as killers like that. That is NOT what they were about, quite the opposite. Yes, they "borrowed" food/gold/goods from people, but always with the promise to repay, and under the distinction that they were protecting the small folk. Not happy about this at all...

i wouldn't give up on the Hound vs the Mountain just yet. it's not like he needed religion as an excuse to fight his brother. and now that he's back in a fighting mood, maybe he uses what he learned from the septon to convince the sparrows he wants to fight for the faith, when really he just wants to get vengeance on his brother. after he deals with some other brothers, that is.

speaking of.... i noticed last week when they mentioned the Bw/oB for the first time in a long time. and then they show up again this week. i wonder if that means we might possibly be seeing the return of another character come back from the dead, one who ends up joining forces with the Bw/oB in the books. that could also help explain their newfound viciousness.

as for ian mcshane, it's a shame he only lasted one episode. i guess that's all the tits and dragons (or in the case of this episode, just tits) that he was willing to sign on for? at least he got to say fuck, though he didn't get a chance to call anyone a cocksucker. i would've preferred him as euron, would've given that character more Punky Power.

so sorry wrote:Arya Arya Arya... of all the people in the world who should know never to turn your back on anyone its you girl. All she had to do was hide in a corner, with Needle facing outwards, for what, 12 hours? No, she needs to stroll down memory lane before she departs. I guess its better that this confrontation happen now vs. next season (if she got out of Braavos unharmed the spectre of assassination would hang over her forever). But how are they going to explain how she survived a significant slashing/stabbing beatdown? You know damn well she's not going to die, certainly not now anyway. My guess is she crawls back to the House of Black and White and somehow kills the Waif their, and is healed by Jaquen. Whatever the way out of this will be, I'm not going to be happy about it.

maybe arya will do what jon snow was s'posed to do, and warg into her dire wolf to stay alive. would make more sense in the books though, where it's been set up better. the show has pretty much forgotten arya's dire wolf is still out there.

so sorry wrote:The Jon/Davos/Sansa Recruitment Tour was OK, showing one victory and one defeat. That's enough to get the point across, get on to the battle now! I thought for sure Jon was going to use Jeor Mormont's Valaryian steel blade as proof to his support from the Mormonts. It is their ancestral artifact after all...

i guess now we get to see sansa go back to littlefinger and be like, "oh, hay, i was j/k about that stuff i said earlier. can i have your army after all?"
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:17 am

btw, if there's one thing that's bothering me about this season, it's the inconsistency of travel times. people seem to be able to get from one place to another, to be whereever they need to be for whatever plot point is taking place, in virtually no time at all. littlefinger gets all the way up to the wall from the vale. jon/sansa/davos travel all over the north in a single episode. next week, it looks like brienne is right back down in riverrun. some of these journeys should be taking weeks or months, but seem to only take hours or days in the show. these characters must be racking up the frequent flier points.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:39 am

TheBaxter wrote:btw, if there's one thing that's bothering me about this season, it's the inconsistency of travel times. people seem to be able to get from one place to another, to be whereever they need to be for whatever plot point is taking place, in virtually no time at all. littlefinger gets all the way up to the wall from the vale. jon/sansa/davos travel all over the north in a single episode. next week, it looks like brienne is right back down in riverrun. some of these journeys should be taking weeks or months, but seem to only take hours or days in the show. these characters must be racking up the frequent flier points.

Yeah the handling of time and space is rough at best on the show. Not sure how they could get around it though. My assumptions are that the proper amount of time is in fact passing, but without showing title cards with the date, how can they prove it?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:25 pm

so sorry wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:btw, if there's one thing that's bothering me about this season, it's the inconsistency of travel times. people seem to be able to get from one place to another, to be whereever they need to be for whatever plot point is taking place, in virtually no time at all. littlefinger gets all the way up to the wall from the vale. jon/sansa/davos travel all over the north in a single episode. next week, it looks like brienne is right back down in riverrun. some of these journeys should be taking weeks or months, but seem to only take hours or days in the show. these characters must be racking up the frequent flier points.

Yeah the handling of time and space is rough at best on the show. Not sure how they could get around it though. My assumptions are that the proper amount of time is in fact passing, but without showing title cards with the date, how can they prove it?

i think part of the issue comes from how different stories are cut together. for instance, between arya not killing that woman last week, and getting knifed this week, would've only taken a day or two; obviously it didn't take weeks or months between the two events. but it's cross-cut with other stories that would/should have taken that much time.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:46 pm

so sorry wrote:I hate to be "that guy",
no you don't

so sorry wrote:So then, where does that leave the Heavyweight fight? Seems obviously that the Mountain's opponent will be a newly restored Loras. When last we saw him, he was truly broken by the High Septon, and Margery gave him a pep talk about staying strong and basically telling them what they want to hear (which is her so fucking obvious now confirmed plot). So if Loras were to do the same, and has been secretly training again for this fight, then who better (other than the Hound) to take on the biggest knight in Westeros then one of the most skilled knights in Westeros?
who better? who better???? how about the three daughters of the dude who's head the Mountain crushed? and what makes much better sense than just one sole warrior being able to take down the monstrous Mountain but a trio of warrioresses in an act of vengeance?

so sorry wrote:Arya Arya Arya... of all the people in the world who should know never to turn your back on anyone its you girl. All she had to do was hide in a corner, with Needle facing outwards, for what, 12 hours? No, she needs to stroll down memory lane before she departs. I guess its better that this confrontation happen now vs. next season (if she got out of Braavos unharmed the spectre of assassination would hang over her forever). But how are they going to explain how she survived a significant slashing/stabbing beatdown? You know damn well she's not going to die, certainly not now anyway. My guess is she crawls back to the House of Black and White and somehow kills the Waif their, and is healed by Jaquen. Whatever the way out of this will be, I'm not going to be happy about it.

she's going to be saved by the actress who's life she spared, duh. :-P it is how she is going to get out of Bravos undiscovered, too, with a traveling band of actors. perfect cover and her skill at disguise fits right in with them.

so sorry wrote:The Jon/Davos/Sansa Recruitment Tour was OK, showing one victory and one defeat. That's enough to get the point across, get on to the battle now! I thought for sure Jon was going to use Jeor Mormont's Valaryian steel blade as proof to his support from the Mormonts. It is their ancestral artifact after all...
I was wondering the same thing, at least you were thinking straight at some point in the show :-P

does anyone else think it was kind of a sad cliche making Theon's sister a lesbian? the whole butch thing seemed liked a characterization of lesbians that ignorant rednecks would come up with, right down to the "i'm going to fuck her tits off" remark about the prostitute. with few exceptions, and there are a few, the show/books seem to go along with the idea that physical prowess renders a woman either asexual, like Brienne, or full blown butch lesbian. the strength that can be shown by attractive female characters seems to be going through getting raped and enduring it to plot revenge, or strategically sleeping their way to the crown. if the show really wanted to show some balls they would have a strong male character get raped and then have to go on after that. after all, we have seen Dany and Sansa raped and the show has used it as evidence towards their fortitude as strong survivors, wouldn't the same be true for a male character? no? right. i really like the show but there are certain aspects of it that reveal it is written by an old f@t white man.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Peven on Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:24 pm

I suggest we have a contest of sorts.....make a list of characters you think will die before the credits roll of the last episode and who, or what, will kill them...how they kill them. 1 point for each. if people are interested we should make a separate thread just for it since we will have to keep track over the next couple years....

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:52 am

Peven wrote:I suggest we have a contest of sorts.....make a list of characters you think will die before the credits roll of the last episode and who, or what, will kill them...how they kill them. 1 point for each. if people are interested we should make a separate thread just for it since we will have to keep track over the next couple years....

That's going to be a ton of deaths and points. Perhaps the harder contest is figuring out who will NOT die? There's a small handful of obvious 'winners', but plenty of other characters to choose from!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:30 am

Peven wrote:I suggest we have a contest of sorts.....make a list of characters you think will die before the credits roll of the last episode and who, or what, will kill them...how they kill them. 1 point for each. if people are interested we should make a separate thread just for it since we will have to keep track over the next couple years....

do you get your points taken away when that person comes back from the dead a couple seasons later?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:28 pm

so sorry wrote:...I'm not happy at all that they portrayed the Brotherhood without Banners as killers like that. That is NOT what they were about, quite the opposite. Yes, they "borrowed" food/gold/goods from people, but always with the promise to repay, and under the distinction that they were protecting the small folk. Not happy about this at all...

So I just stumbled on a possible explanation for the Brotherhoods actions in this past episode. In a chapter from Feast of Crows, a hedge knight who travells with Brienne for a while (Hyle Hunt) tells her that his boss, one Randal Tarly, has created a rumor that the Brotherhood has been raping/pillaging in hopes of turning the smallfolk against them (Tarly being a backer of Tommen/Lannisters). We were just introduced recently to that nasty Tarly. So perhaps the show version of this story has Tarly's men doing bad things to the commoners in the guise of the Brotherhood to turn them against the Brotherhood. I can totally see Sandor finding the Brotherhood hell bent on revenge, then finding out that they didn't do it. Not sure where it would go from there, but that would satisfy me that's for sure!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:45 pm

TheBaxter wrote:

do you get your points taken away when that person comes back from the dead a couple seasons later?

no. and you can only earn the point for predicting their death if you correctly predict who/what killed them. bonus point for predicting their resurrection.

we could also have a running contest with everyone predicting who will die next and how. as I sit here right now I can't think of a clear favorite for the next corpse......will have to give it a little thought

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:46 pm

so sorry wrote:
so sorry wrote:...I'm not happy at all that they portrayed the Brotherhood without Banners as killers like that. That is NOT what they were about, quite the opposite. Yes, they "borrowed" food/gold/goods from people, but always with the promise to repay, and under the distinction that they were protecting the small folk. Not happy about this at all...

So I just stumbled on a possible explanation for the Brotherhoods actions in this past episode. In a chapter from Feast of Crows, a hedge knight who travells with Brienne for a while (Hyle Hunt) tells her that his boss, one Randal Tarly, has created a rumor that the Brotherhood has been raping/pillaging in hopes of turning the smallfolk against them (Tarly being a backer of Tommen/Lannisters). We were just introduced recently to that nasty Tarly. So perhaps the show version of this story has Tarly's men doing bad things to the commoners in the guise of the Brotherhood to turn them against the Brotherhood. I can totally see Sandor finding the Brotherhood hell bent on revenge, then finding out that they didn't do it. Not sure where it would go from there, but that would satisfy me that's for sure!

i'm telling you, it's gonna be Lady Stoneheart... she ordered them killed because either a) ian mcshane's character used to be a frey or lannister knight, or b) they recognized the Hound, another former Lannister knight.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:48 pm

Peven wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:

no. and you can only earn the point for predicting their death if you correctly predict who/what killed them. bonus point for predicting their resurrection.

we could also have a running contest with everyone predicting who will die next and how. as I sit here right now I can't think of a clear favorite for the next corpse......will have to give it a little thought

i predict Ramsay Bolton, torn apart and eaten by Rickon's still-living dire wolf Shaggydog when the Umbers pull their doublecross during the Jon vs Ramsay battle.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:57 am

TheBaxter wrote:
Peven wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:

i predict Ramsay Bolton, torn apart and eaten by Rickon's still-living dire wolf Shaggydog when the Umbers pull their doublecross during the Jon vs Ramsay battle.

That's a good one for sure, and one I hope is true!

I'm going to pick the layup: the Waif, getting killed by Arya, in the House of Black and White. This Sunday, 9:34pm
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:39 pm

So what are the chances that when Littlefinger and the Vale arrive at the battle of the bastards, that he sides with Ramsey?????

I'm trying to think my way thru his "why"s to do this. For one, technically the Vale are still wardens of the east, and the boltons are wardens of the north, so if LF sides with the Starks, then he and his army are now by law traitors. So if he sides with House Stark, he's inviting open rebellion (again). How the hell is he going to sell the knights of the Vale on that idea? Then again, LF is the master of chaos. Siding with the Starks opens up a whole new can of worms (again) for the regency. Then again again, LF was in cahoots with the Queen of Thorn/Lady Olenna when she assassinated King Joffrey, so maybe, just maybe, the long game is being played out here between LF and Tyrells to rid the realm of the Lannisters?

Maybe I just answered my own question...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:57 pm

the next significant death will be......Tommen is killed by the Mountain

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:49 pm

Peven wrote:the next significant death will be......Tommen is killed by the Mountain

I'll take that bet!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:09 pm

so sorry wrote:
Peven wrote:the next significant death will be......Tommen is killed by the Mountain

I'll take that bet!

I'm much more worried about Baxter's pick than yours

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Peven on Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:10 pm

here it is.....during the melee between the Mountain and the sparrows, hinted at in the previews for ep.8, at the order of Cersei Tommen will enter the fray in an attempt to be break things up but the Mountain will be in berserker mode and either directly or incidentally kill Tommen, fulfilling the part of the prophecy about Cersei's children being killed. When he finds out what happened this will be Jamie's breaking point. at some point he will fulfill the other part of the prophecy by killing Cersei. now, this sets up a scenario where Jamie could either killed by the Mountain, or he kills and the Mountain but is mortally wounded himself and dies. i am leery of the latter as I believe the writers will want to bring the arc full circle with the Mountain and have the Sand Snakes take their revenge on the Mountain and finish the job their father started in killing him.

the Waif is going to get in trouble with Jaquinn for not dispatching Arya quickly and painlessly, and thereby allowing her to escape alive.

note. I think everyone has come to expect something BIG to happen in episode 8 due to past experience, but after the news about the extended times for ep 9 and 10, and directed by the same guy who directed Hearthome last year, I wonder if they will still do a kick-in-the-chest ep 8 as is per the usual.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Peven on Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:54 am

SO close, sosorry, but the correct pick for next death was the Blackfish :wink: :-P

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:50 am

Peven wrote:SO close, sosorry, but the correct pick for next death was the Blackfish :wink: :-P

WRONG! We never saw the blackfish die...so maybe, just maybe he aint dead yet!

We didn't technically see the Waif die either, but I think her skinned face on a wall is proof enough.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:57 am

Peven wrote:here it is.....during the melee between the Mountain and the sparrows, hinted at in the previews for ep.8, at the order of Cersei Tommen will enter the fray in an attempt to be break things up but the Mountain will be in berserker mode and either directly or incidentally kill Tommen, fulfilling the part of the prophecy about Cersei's children being killed. When he finds out what happened this will be Jamie's breaking point. at some point he will fulfill the other part of the prophecy by killing Cersei. now, this sets up a scenario where Jamie could either killed by the Mountain, or he kills and the Mountain but is mortally wounded himself and dies. i am leery of the latter as I believe the writers will want to bring the arc full circle with the Mountain and have the Sand Snakes take their revenge on the Mountain and finish the job their father started in killing him.

the Waif is going to get in trouble with Jaquinn for not dispatching Arya quickly and painlessly, and thereby allowing her to escape alive.

note. I think everyone has come to expect something BIG to happen in episode 8 due to past experience, but after the news about the extended times for ep 9 and 10, and directed by the same guy who directed Hearthome last year, I wonder if they will still do a kick-in-the-chest ep 8 as is per the usual.

I like your theory about the Mountain killing Tommen, mostly because there isn't really any other option. Who would want to assasinate him, despite his newfound religious fervor, he's not ruling with an iron fist or anything bad. So his death seems like its going to be "accidentaly" like getting in the way when the Mountain is swinging his sword or something. That said, the Mountain seems incredibly disciplined...he only ripped the face off that one dude, then turned around and went right back to standing behind Cersei.

I was definitely disappointment by this episode. They were covering a ton of stories, so that was good, but again, a wasted scene with Tyrion and the jokes. Five minutes of this show is precious, that's the best use of their time?

I hope 100% of the next episode is all about Winterfell.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:27 am

so sorry wrote:
Peven wrote:SO close, sosorry, but the correct pick for next death was the Blackfish :wink: :-P

WRONG! We never saw the blackfish die...so maybe, just maybe he aint dead yet!

We didn't technically see the Waif die either, but I think her skinned face on a wall is proof enough.

you got the place and the time wrong. i'm doubling down on my ramsay prediction for next week. i was just a week early, my bad.

i was so sure we were about to see lady stoneheart when the hound caught up with the Bw/oB near the end of the episode. i was figuring that was how the episode was going to end. when he went to piss in the lake, i thought we were suddenly going to see her reflection appear in the water behind him. i'm not sure what the point of bringing back the Hound and/or the Bw/oB at this point is. now that cersei's trial by combat has been cockblocked by the high sparrow (meaning no Hound vs Mountain showdown in King's Landing) and with all the other things going on, it seems like a distraction from stuff that really matters. they better not pull some shit and kill off jon snow again and make berric dondarrion the real Azor Ahai all along.

i think the high sparrow might be the most cunning strategist on this whole show. i'm pretty sure the confrontation between the Mountain and the sparrows was his way of testing Cersei's champion, and when he found out just how truly indestructible he would be, he cancelled the apocalypse on her. i also wouldn't be surprised if margaery was in on it as well, no one wants to see cersei rotting away in a dungeon more than her by now.

it's been another pointless season for jaime lannister. seems like the whole Tully siege was just an excuse to get him and Brienne to cross paths again. other than that whole speech he gave to Edmure, which showed that he isn't anywhere near as redeemed as people thought he was, the whole storyline was a dead end.

next week is obviously this season's Blackwater or Watchers on the Wall, where the entire episode is dedicated to a single battle. Season 2 Episode 9 = Blackwater (entire episode devoted to Stannis' attack on King's Landing). Season 4 Episode 9 = Watchers on the Wall (entire episode devoted to Wildling attack on the Wall). Season 6 Episode 9 = Battle of the Bastards (entire episode devoted to Jon Snow retaking Winterfell from Ramsay). the pattern is clear.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:28 pm

we didn't see either killed, and after the Hound's resurrection we can take nothing for granted, can we? :wink: it is a push

I did correctly predict where Arya was going to go to heal and hide after being stabbed and twice the show had me thinking my theory about Tommen/The Mountain was about to go down, especially when the Mountain ripped that sparrow's head off. fucking cock tease show. :evil:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:34 pm

arya strikes me as being not too smart sometimes. she just escaped assassination. where to hide? how about with the one person you know is also being targeted for assassination, by the same people who tried to assassinate you. makes sense!
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:47 pm

TheBaxter wrote:arya strikes me as being not too smart sometimes. she just escaped assassination. where to hide? how about with the one person you know is also being targeted for assassination, by the same people who tried to assassinate you. makes sense!

in all seriousness, you can't look at it as a realistic situation. it is a piece of fiction written for effect, so you have to step back and look at the bigger dramatic arcs and theme and what needs to happen to satisfy them. it makes "story sense" for Arya to go seek refuge with the one she saved and thereby put herself in mortal danger by doing so. the actresses character was, at that point, known to the audience(us) as a purely sympathetic figure, too. although she patches up Arya we learn in the process she isn't exactly a girl scout herself, she only likes bad men, she is violent. after we learn these things she is no longer special, "good", and I knew her time was limited.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:43 am

Peven wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:arya strikes me as being not too smart sometimes. she just escaped assassination. where to hide? how about with the one person you know is also being targeted for assassination, by the same people who tried to assassinate you. makes sense!

in all seriousness, you can't look at it as a realistic situation. it is a piece of fiction written for effect, so you have to step back and look at the bigger dramatic arcs and theme and what needs to happen to satisfy them. it makes "story sense" for Arya to go seek refuge with the one she saved and thereby put herself in mortal danger by doing so. the actresses character was, at that point, known to the audience(us) as a purely sympathetic figure, too. although she patches up Arya we learn in the process she isn't exactly a girl scout herself, she only likes bad men, she is violent. after we learn these things she is no longer special, "good", and I knew her time was limited.

Also another way of looking at it: Arya knew that she would have to deal with the waif once and for all, so she goes to the Actress since she knows she's still targeted for death (therefore the waif would come for her eventually). Unfortunately for Arya and the Actress, the waif DID come, and did her job! But it flushed her out, and we got the Terminator chase thru the streets of braavos. Its a stretch for sure, and one that I don't really believe, but its a possibility. Personally, I just think the whole Arya story the past few episodes was sloppily written and handled. The on-again-off-again bleeding gut wound went unexplained, unless you believe that the actress cooked up some seriously good chicken noodle soup.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:46 am

i agree the arya storyline has been pretty uninteresting. when season 4(?) ended with her on the ship to braavos, there was so much exciting possibility. would she encounter danaerys, or tyrion, or any of the other people who have ended up east of westeros? would she become an assassin, and how cool would these face-changing assassins be when we finally met the whole bunch of them (turns out: not very cool at all... and there's only two of them). even when she finally faced down the Waif (stupid name), i held out hope of something, anything, interesting happening. maybe syrio forel would jump out of the crowd and defend her (we never saw him die!). instead, arya turns out the light, and suddenly the girl who got her ass handed to her in every previous confrontation, and now with a massive gut wound, somehow wins the fight. which we don't actually see. because they turned the lights out. and now she's heading back to westeros, but she hasn't really learned anything that exciting from the faceless men that will make her more powerful except how to fight blind with a gaping stomach hole.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:07 am

TheBaxter wrote:i agree the arya storyline has been pretty uninteresting. when season 4(?) ended with her on the ship to braavos, there was so much exciting possibility. would she encounter danaerys, or tyrion, or any of the other people who have ended up east of westeros? would she become an assassin, and how cool would these face-changing assassins be when we finally met the whole bunch of them (turns out: not very cool at all... and there's only two of them). even when she finally faced down the Waif (stupid name), i held out hope of something, anything, interesting happening. maybe syrio forel would jump out of the crowd and defend her (we never saw him die!). instead, arya turns out the light, and suddenly the girl who got her ass handed to her in every previous confrontation, and now with a massive gut wound, somehow wins the fight. which we don't actually see. because they turned the lights out. and now she's heading back to westeros, but she hasn't really learned anything that exciting from the faceless men that will make her more powerful except how to fight blind with a gaping stomach hole.

Well this is what we get when the book story hasn't played out yet...ultimately we (probably) know that Arya will be heading back to Westeros (to settle the score with her KillList?), that she will NOT become "no one", and that her trip to Braavos ultimately was to affirm that she is in fact Arya Stark, and she has come to grips with what that means. HOW she gets there is yet to be played out, but we see the beginning with that Winds of Winter preview chapter, which describes the Meryn Trant assassination. Hopefully GRRM's version isn't nearly as clumsy as the show's version
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:17 pm

I look at Arya's storyline as one long series of experiences/lessons/relationships/skills, each one adding to her total overall survival ability and personal strength of will, preparing her for.......? has to be more than just finishing her kill list. what has all this prepared her for? THAT is one of the big questions for me. is she the one to take down the Night's King? hhmmmmmmm

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:46 am

Peven wrote:I look at Arya's storyline as one long series of experiences/lessons/relationships/skills, each one adding to her total overall survival ability and personal strength of will, preparing her for.......?

Well that's true for all the (remaining) Stark kids.

Peven wrote:I... has to be more than just finishing her kill list. what has all this prepared her for? THAT is one of the big questions for me. is she the one to take down the Night's King? hhmmmmmmm

I can't even guess as to where she will end up. Its so wide open still with her story. Unlike others that have a "destiny" of sorts, her future is murky. I can't wait to find out though, that's for damn sure.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:02 pm

so sorry wrote:
Peven wrote:I look at Arya's storyline as one long series of experiences/lessons/relationships/skills, each one adding to her total overall survival ability and personal strength of will, preparing her for.......?

yes, but with Arya it strikes me as building her up and preparing her for a key moment where all her skills and strength acquired along the way will have prepared her to succeed. comparatively, with Sansa it seems more like she has been prepared to lead and rule, but not for one specific crucial moment. with Jon Snow, have we see him go through any special training to gain new skills? he really hasn't changed much during the course of the series, he has matured into a leader but that is something that is a more overall development and i don't see it as a set of specific skills for a specific moment. Bran has been transformed into a new role in that world with a long term purpose, I don't see him being a character who carries out a specific act a key moment in resolution of the story.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:06 pm

Peven wrote:
so sorry wrote:

yes, but with Arya it strikes me as building her up and preparing her for a key moment where all her skills and strength acquired along the way will have prepared her to succeed. comparatively, with Sansa it seems more like she has been prepared to lead and rule, but not for one specific crucial moment. with Jon Snow, have we see him go through any special training to gain new skills? he really hasn't changed much during the course of the series, he has matured into a leader but that is something that is a more overall development and i don't see it as a set of specific skills for a specific moment. Bran has been transformed into a new role in that world with a long term purpose, I don't see him being a character who carries out a specific act a key moment in resolution of the story.

bran was trained for an entire season by the three-eyed raven, it just wasn't shown in the show.
jon did a lot of training in season 1 when he first joined the night's watch. but he was already a better swordsman than most of the night's watch (thanks to his stark upbringing) so he ended up being the trainer instead of the trainee before long. also, he was groomed for leadership by the previous lord commander, and a lot of what happened in his story was heavily influenced by the instruction he received from mormont.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:39 pm

yes, everyone has undergone a degree of growth and learning as I have already acknowledged. but let's look at the path Arya has taken; first she is trained by Syrio to wield a blade, and he was from Braavos, coincidently or not. then she was under the care of the Night's Watch "recruiter" and had to live as a boy. then she had to learn what it meant to serve and how to keep her composure when a captive of Tywin Lannister. then she became a prisoner of The Brotherhood and got archery lessons. then she became a prisoner of the Hound and learns how to kill, not just in self-defense but calculatedly, without wrestling with conscience. next she comes to Braavos and learns enough to become a top level assassin. so, I feel like hers has been more varied path, like checking off the boxes that are required to build the perfect killer. the question for me is then, built to kill who...or what? there is also the whole Stark tie-in to the Night's King so it makes sense that a Stark takes him down and what better Stark than a young Stark warrioress trained in all ways to kill.

wouldn't be surprised is Arya kills the Knight's King but is mortally wounded herself, at this point it is a coin flip for me at best for her to see the final credits roll.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:30 am

Peven wrote:yes, everyone has undergone a degree of growth and learning as I have already acknowledged. but let's look at the path Arya has taken; first she is trained by Syrio to wield a blade, and he was from Braavos, coincidently or not. then she was under the care of the Night's Watch "recruiter" and had to live as a boy. then she had to learn what it meant to serve and how to keep her composure when a captive of Tywin Lannister. then she became a prisoner of The Brotherhood and got archery lessons. then she became a prisoner of the Hound and learns how to kill, not just in self-defense but calculatedly, without wrestling with conscience. next she comes to Braavos and learns enough to become a top level assassin. so, I feel like hers has been more varied path, like checking off the boxes that are required to build the perfect killer. the question for me is then, built to kill who...or what? there is also the whole Stark tie-in to the Night's King so it makes sense that a Stark takes him down and what better Stark than a young Stark warrioress trained in all ways to kill.

wouldn't be surprised is Arya kills the Knight's King but is mortally wounded herself, at this point it is a coin flip for me at best for her to see the final credits roll.

i think it would be hilarious if she went through all of that, and then ended up in a position to kill the Night's King, and she sneaks up on him, using all her stealth training, and stabs him in the heart with needle.... only to find out he can only be killed with dragonglass or valyrian steel. oops.

Game of Thrones' bungled Arya plot explains why George R.R. Martin’s taking so long to finish the books
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:30 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
Peven wrote:yes, everyone has undergone a degree of growth and learning as I have already acknowledged. but let's look at the path Arya has taken; first she is trained by Syrio to wield a blade, and he was from Braavos, coincidently or not. then she was under the care of the Night's Watch "recruiter" and had to live as a boy. then she had to learn what it meant to serve and how to keep her composure when a captive of Tywin Lannister. then she became a prisoner of The Brotherhood and got archery lessons. then she became a prisoner of the Hound and learns how to kill, not just in self-defense but calculatedly, without wrestling with conscience. next she comes to Braavos and learns enough to become a top level assassin. so, I feel like hers has been more varied path, like checking off the boxes that are required to build the perfect killer. the question for me is then, built to kill who...or what? there is also the whole Stark tie-in to the Night's King so it makes sense that a Stark takes him down and what better Stark than a young Stark warrioress trained in all ways to kill.

i think it would be hilarious if she went through all of that, and then ended up in a position to kill the Night's King, and she sneaks up on him, using all her stealth training, and stabs him in the heart with needle.... only to find out he can only be killed with dragonglass or valyrian steel. oops.

Game of Thrones' bungled Arya plot explains why George R.R. Martin’s taking so long to finish the books

I wonder who will become the wielder of Tommen's sword, which is by rights Stark valyrian steel after all. it would be fitting if it somehow fell into the hands of Arya, but I really don't see how that would happen given the geographic separation

I am actually glad to see Jaimie's true character confirmed , that as a true piece of shit to be reviled

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:15 pm

jaime is interesting because brienne is the only person who has brought out a decent side in him. even in the last episode, you had the contrast between his speech to edmure tully where he shows his worst side, and his meeting with brienne and allowing her to get away. and, she's still got his sword. it almost feels inevitable that brienne is gonna have to plant that lion-hilted sword into his gut at some point during the eventual Stark-Lannister war.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:25 pm

TheBaxter wrote:jaime is interesting because brienne is the only person who has brought out a decent side in him. even in the last episode, you had the contrast between his speech to edmure tully where he shows his worst side, and his meeting with brienne and allowing her to get away. and, she's still got his sword. it almost feels inevitable that brienne is gonna have to plant that lion-hilted sword into his gut at some point during the eventual Stark-Lannister war.

the only reason he lets Brienne go is his selfishness. not any sense of honor or decency. he likes her so he let her go, that isn't honor. that is him once again following his own personal wants. the only proper way for him to die is painfully. very painfully. or in a way that strips away any of the formidability that he once possessed. maybe being stabbed in the back the way he stabbed his King in the back? who will be the Kingslayer slayer?

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Peven on Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:34 pm

it is almost too obvious and easy a choice, but I say Jon Snow kills Ramsey

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:21 pm

That was beyond awesome. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that battle scene will go down in history as being on par with Saving Private Ryan when describing the brutality, fear, and confusion of battle. thats not meant to lesson the reality of the real war vs. a made up war, but I think you know what I'm getting at. I have a few minor things that bothered me which I'll get to tomorrow, I just want to bask in the amazingness right now.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:37 pm

that was better than most action/adventure movies released in theatres. that battle scene WAS great, the claustrophobia was palpable.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:01 am

dammit, Rickon, you're supposed to run in a zig-zag, not a straight line! stupid kid.
ok, so i guess the Umbers didn't have a secret plan to betray the Boltons. stupid Umbers.
and Jon Snow, falling into Ramsay's trap, only to be bailed out by his half-sis i mean, cousin. you know nothing (about military strategy), Jon Snow!
everyone accuses this show of being sexist, but this was a serious girl power episode. all the men were either stupid or evil, and the women took over and got shit done. dany shows up, burns a few boats and unleashes the khalasar on those supersmart Sons of the Harpy who were going around killing all the slaves their leaders were trying to repossess; what's the resale value on dead slaves anyway? dany and yara, wonder twin powers activate (for a little while at least), bonding over their horrible dads while dickless looks on (oh btw happy father's day! this show has more daddy issues than Lost). and sansa, whose all like "hey Jon Snow, i just bailed your ass out after i already warned you about your dumb ass battle plan and you never listened, so gimme ramsay bolton, imma gonna go watch some dogs eat his face now!"
serious foreshadowing about the wildfire still hidden in king's landing. might not be only the targaryens who are willing to burn the city to the ground when backed into a corner by their enemies. oh hai cersei! who needs the mountain to take out tommen, when you can accidentally incinerate your own son instead?
so that's my prediction for next week, tommen accidentally immolated by his mommy (along with the rest of king's landing).
since nobody predicted the giant dying, we're all still tied at zero.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:49 pm

Lots to process...

Meereen: Dragon stuff was awesome. Not sure yet, but I think they nailed the size of the dragons. The two that have been under lock and key would definitely be smaller than Drogon, whos been out feasting on sheep and whatnot (little kids). I liked the surrender/terms scene, even though it was a bit silly (the one-slash that cut the throats of two guys standing 4-5 feet apart for example). I guess I'm glad they didn't waste time on this, but we're supposed to know that Dany spared the vast majority of that fleet, and commandeered those ships, maybe the crew too? Since Greyjoys only offered 100 ships, and she needs like ten times that many to bring her whole army to westeros. Which, given how characters travel on this show, would be once week later...

Winterfell: Jeebus, where to begin. Ramsey's skill with that bow was pretty impressive. Rickon's skill at running away was not. If we didn't get the battle that we got after that little exchange I would have ragged pretty hard on it, but fuck it, I got the battle of epic proportions so I'm letting the Rickon/Bowmaster thing slide*.
Any thoughts on why Sansa didn't tell Jon about the Vale rescue operation? Even if she wasn't sure LF would show up, fucking tell your brother before he goes into battle that maybe help could be a few days away? And she gave Jon ONE piece of advice...don't do what Ramsey wants you to do. And that's literally the first thing Jon does. I guess he just snapped when he saw Rickon (for the first time since he left Winterfell). And once Rickon was shot, Jon said "fuck it" and kept going. He probably wanted to die at that moment. Divine intervention that the hundreds of arrows never touched him, despite killing everyone else around him? When he got buried under the bodies...my claustrophobia really started to kick in. This is the highlight of that actor's performance on this show, and he barely said a word. The expressions on his face of fear, desperation, sorrow etc. Well fucking done.

The battle...brutal. Heartstopping (heartracing?). Chaotic. Sad. Hopelessness. Not sure when the Boltons became the Roman Legion, but it worked. By the end, how many of Jon's army survived? Couple hundred? Kinda took care of the whole "thousands of wildlings" in Westeros fear.

Wun Wun: I figured he would be a goner in this episode, my bigger fear was that Tormond would die too.

Ramsey: he Ramseyed right up til the end. When Wun Wun broke thru the gate and was about to die, Ramsey had no reason to put that last arrow in his eye. But Ramsey being Ramsey, instead of shooting a shocked Jon Snow instead of wasting that arrow on a dying giant...he causes his own demise. He went out the perfect way, being torn apart by his own dogs. I actually expected them to show more graphic violence there, but the noises were bad enough.

Girl power: So Dany and Yara joined forces, and Sansa is making moves in the Game of Thrones as well. Margery may be running King's Landing soon, and those dumb fucking Sand Snakes are in power in Dorne. And little lady Lyanna Mormont...

Next week: Will Cersei torch King's Landing? I say yes, or rather she will partially burn KL, specifically the Great Sept, with all the sparrows inside (and Tommen). She has to be the cause of her last child's death. Then she goes nuts and kills herself somehow. Leaving Margery in charge...
Is Jaime up to something with the Frey's? Not sure why he went back to them after winning Riverrun. I thought he wanted to run back to KL to be with Cersei, why would he go to the Frey's? He's got no beef with them that I'm aware of.

*I am a bit perplexed about the whole point of Rickon. We were waiting for the Great Northern Conspiracy to be activated, and Shaggydog to come running out of nowhere to save him, but nothing of the sort happened. He just died like a bitch. Methinks that whole plot line was rushed/cut to shoehorn it in to get him out of the way.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:56 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot: WHERE THE FUCK WAS GHOST??????? I thought for SURE when Jon' went out after Rickon that Ghost would show up next to him. Wasted opportunity. But had he been there, he would have died for sure...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:32 pm

so sorry wrote:Any thoughts on why Sansa didn't tell Jon about the Vale rescue operation? Even if she wasn't sure LF would show up, fucking tell your brother before he goes into battle that maybe help could be a few days away?

i think sansa was hoping to avoid relying on littlefinger and the vale army if it was at all possible, knowing that once she played that card, she was back to being indebted to him and reliant on him. when she sent that raven a couple ep's back to tell littlefinger to bring his army up to winterfell, she probably told him to camp out close enough to come when needed, but out of sight so that she could send them back if they ended up not needing them. but littlefinger, being a little more experienced in these things, probably knew they'd need the vale army to defeat ramsay and so he went along with her request, confident she'd come calling when the time came. she didn't tell jon because she hoped they could come up with some plan that would allow them to defeat ramsay without littlefinger's help, and if she told him about the vale army just over the hill, he'd take the easy way out by simply asking for their help himself. when it became obvious to her the night before that the battle was hopeless and that jon wasn't taking her seriously and was going to lead their meager forces into a disaster, she was forced to ask for littlefinger's help after all, just as i'm sure he knew she would.

so sorry wrote:When he got buried under the bodies...my claustrophobia really started to kick in. This is the highlight of that actor's performance on this show, and he barely said a word. The expressions on his face of fear, desperation, sorrow etc. Well fucking done.

for a moment there i was worried we were going to see the sorta cliche'd end where ramsay would win the battle, and after it was all over, jon would crawl alive out from under a mountain of bodies. instead they went with the cliche of the last-minute arrival of another army to save the day, but i was already expecting that.

so sorry wrote:The battle...brutal. Heartstopping (heartracing?). Chaotic. Sad. Hopelessness. Not sure when the Boltons became the Roman Legion, but it worked. By the end, how many of Jon's army survived? Couple hundred? Kinda took care of the whole "thousands of wildlings" in Westeros fear.

the battle reminded me so much of Braveheart. i guess it's inevitable, since the North is basically Scotland. everything from the undisciplined horde of northerners against a larger, more tactical army; the brutal fighting with lots of blood and dismemberment; jon's lone charge into inevitable death, only to be joined by the rest of the army around him at the last moment (actually more reminiscent of Aragorn's charge at the Black Gate in ROTK); the use of the phalanx, etc. but Braveheart is a great movie (and like i said, a natural source to cop from for a Scottish-inspired battle) and it was different enough to not be obvious, i.e. no kilts, blue-painted faces, or "they may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!" so it's all good.

so sorry wrote:Next week: Will Cersei torch King's Landing? I say yes, or rather she will partially burn KL, specifically the Great Sept, with all the sparrows inside (and Tommen). She has to be the cause of her last child's death. Then she goes nuts and kills herself somehow. Leaving Margery in charge...

nah, it's go-big-or-go-home time. KL is a goner. all of it. here's how it's gonna go down, margaery is cooperating with the high sparrow to get her revenge on cersei, after which she's got her own secret plan for dealing with the sparrow and freeing her brother and taking back the kingdom. and she'll start setting that plan in motion during the finale, but it's all gonna be a red herring, because right before she can put her plan in action, that's when cersei, at her most desperate, will light the fuse. and once that wildfire gets lit, it will be completely uncontrollable. she might plan on only blowing up the sept, but it will spread and consume the whole city in no time at all, including tommen (no idea if margaery will make it out or not). final scene in that storyline will be the Mountain carrying an ash-covered, unconscious cersei out of KL while the city burns behind them.

so sorry wrote:*I am a bit perplexed about the whole point of Rickon. We were waiting for the Great Northern Conspiracy to be activated, and Shaggydog to come running out of nowhere to save him, but nothing of the sort happened. He just died like a bitch. Methinks that whole plot line was rushed/cut to shoehorn it in to get him out of the way.

sounds about right. i'm sure the books will have a lot more detail on the conspiracy (including the Umbers NOT betraying the Starks, because GRRM isn't that stupid), but it will ultimately end up at the same place, with rickon captive and jon trying to save him. so now we know that whole conspiracy storyline won't amount to anything. or, more precisely, like that arya article i posted up above said, GRRM is taking so long moving all the pieces to get characters to where they need to be to move the story forward organically, and the northern conspiracy plotline is a device to engineer the ultimate showdown between ramsay (or someone) and jon snow for control of winterfell; whereas, in the show, they're just rushing to wrap things up, so they come up with the dumb idea of having a loyal northern family betray 1000 years of oaths and honor to hand rickon over and join the boltons, as a shortcut to avoid all that boring conspiracy stuff.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial